test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus companions not account wide!

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    If there is no further response, I'll be disappointed even more so now. We were promised something (companions), then promised another thing (a response)....not sure how much more I can take in the broken promises department.

Even a "Sorry, to bad" response would be a LITTLE comfort. Not much, but it would be something.

That said, if you can flat out LIE on an official post - you can't convince me that something like this was a proof reading error...the text was on the exact same line as the text they changed when copy pasting - and then just say "Oops, my bad".....that DESTROYS any credibility. Now with future events/promotions, everyone will be wondering if they will hold up their end.

I expect a drastic reduction in participants now, especially if you are forced to buy zen. Any promotion that does not provide an instant return will be subject to wonder.

Personally, I will expect NOTHING to be honored...therefore I will only be surprised if it is.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    you can't convince me that something like this was a proof reading error...the text was on the exact same line as the text they changed when copy pasting

You know, this has been bugging me since I tracked down the promotion they supposedly copy/pasted from.

The promotions were very different. Literally they only thing that remained intact from the copy-paste is "Account-wide unlock". They had to rewrite basically everything else. The coding to put an image in a post is very simple - they had to change the URLs for the images, and the names of the companions, and color-code their qualities (since the originals were green quality but weren't color-coded). Practically the whole post had to be rewritten with minimal coding remaining the same. Then what was the point of copy-pasting?
  • mersenneprimemersenneprime Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    you can't convince me that something like this was a proof reading error...the text was on the exact same line as the text they changed when copy pasting

You know, this has been bugging me since I tracked down the promotion they supposedly copy/pasted from.
    The facts are as follows:
    Cryptic/PWE advertised a promotion that clearly stated "Account-wide unlock".
    "Account-wide unlock" has a definite, unambiguous, meaning for Neverwinter.
    People bought into the promotion based on the advertisement.
    Cryptic/PWE acknowledged that they made a mistake on the promotion, after the promotion had ended.

It really doesn't matter how the mistake was made, nor how logical it was for the mistake to have been made. All that matters is that the company advertised something to entice sales.

They either need to make good on the advertisement, or they need to refund everyone who desires it if they are not going to fulfill what was advertised. A refund means not only the Zen used, but also the dollars spent to acquire the Zen if the purchase would not have been made otherwise (which was certainly true in my case).

There should be no debate, nor long discussion, on how this should be handled.

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The facts are as follows:
    Cryptic/PWE advertised a promotion that clearly stated "Account-wide unlock".
    "Account-wide unlock" has a definite, unambiguous, meaning for Neverwinter.
    People bought into the promotion based on the advertisement.
    Cryptic/PWE acknowledged that they made a mistake on the promotion, after the promotion had ended.

It really doesn't matter how the mistake was made, nor how logical it was for the mistake to have been made. All that matters is that the company advertised something to entice sales.

They either need to make good on the advertisement, or they need to refund everyone who desires it if they are not going to fulfill what was advertised. A refund means not only the Zen used, but also the dollars spent to acquire the Zen if the purchase would not have been made otherwise (which was certainly true in my case).

There should be no debate, nor long discussion, on how this should be handled.

The latter WILL NOT BE HAPPENING... I can say that we can all agree on that fact. The rest has been beaten into a pulp by a great number of people. t this point in time... we all wait. Even people that did not participate in said promotion... because the outcome will dictate the future.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • vader6139vader6139 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    This is just Crypstic being Cryptic. I remember this same loop reasoning for the Lords Armored Polar Bear zen promotion. Transferred a lot of $$$ for that bonus. Never again.

PS - If Cryptic does not fulfill their end of the agreement, then call your credit card company to dispute the charge. Simple.
  • aeragar47aeragar47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Another week come and gone and still no final word...

Reminds me of this from the Life of Brian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW9_GqShJPg
  • mikanismikanis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I didn't buy into this promotion.
    But...

It seems to make business sense to unlock pets, mounts of any sort account wide anyway.
    Because it encourages characters slots, another Zen item, so it can actually lead to revenue generation.

More toons, mean more bags, bank slots etc. So why not just allow pets, mounts or rewards related to this to be account wide guys. Not to mention all the other side dishes for toons, respecs tokens, etc.

That's besides the fact that you advertised the product as such, with no terms or conditions I can see.

I think you need to come to the party on this one Cryptic, if you don't, then you are killing your very own business model.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    So. Weekend? Yes. News? No.

I am disappoint. Not honorabru...
    I'm curious about this STO thing that went down. Anyone have a link?
  • vader6139vader6139 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Due to the Fair Credit Billing Act, your credit card company most likely will let you contest your online purchase. If you don't use a credit card for online payments, than you are just out of luck.

So if you really feel you were ripped off, try contesting it.
  • dentage1234dentage1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Another dissatisfied customer chiming in. Although I'm not an active participant on the forums, I've been playing Neverwinter since the very beginning of open beta, and have spent a few thousand dollars on the game in that time. The few issues I've had in the past have been resolved satisfactorily, if not particularly punctually. Like most of the people commenting in this thread, I was induced into participating in the promotion by the promise of account-wide companions -- value-added for the large number of character slots I've unlocked. I would not have participated AT ALL for bonus rewards of single-claim items, or even the 5/5/1 BOE companions I've received thus far (the poor, lonely, single Phase Spider remains an endangered species, apparently). Changing the parameters of the promotion days after it ended is unacceptable, and the sudden dearth of the promised official communication on this matter is very discouraging.

It should not take weeks of discussion among your team to decide to do the right, and only acceptable, thing -- to honor the promotion that was posted in its original form for nearly a week for all who participated. Until that is done, this long-time, very loyal customer will keep his money safely in his wallet.
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    We start week 3 of our adventure. The promised "middle of the week" communication safely behind us. While I can appreciate someone who can't make the decision jumping into the fray, the difficult thing with that is seeing it through - starting to look like a fail there.

Let's see what happens this week. And as other have said, any new promotions for zen, I'll be doing what Picard is doing in my avatar....looking away....and doing the best I can to warn other players that regardless of what is said, you are promised NOTHING.
    greyloche wrote: »
    And I appreciate the idea of someone trying to keep us informed. but if the decision hasn't been reached it would be nice if we were told. If the decision HAS been reached and its currently that we are NOT going to get what was advertised i would appreciate being told that as well.
    This is one of the hurdles of Customer Service.

Unfortunately, communication with the players still has to be done. Despite knowing the flow of negativity that will result.

Newton's Third Law applies:
    For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

There are the following options right now:
    1. Informed of "no decision", results in people demand to know why it's taking so long, since the 'obvious' answer is cut and dry, plus demands for a timeline, and the usual comments on the comments.
    2. Informed of "Not getting as advertised", results in more complaints, and possibly picked up by gaming sites, plus detailed analysis of how people have been wronged throughout history, many of which will be removed by the mods.
    3. Informed of "Getting as advertised", results in complaints like why did it take so long, and potentially (depending on the actual solution) 'how was I supposed to know' type complaints if there's further criteria on how things will be handled, and questions (and complaints) about every tiny detail of the decision as people look for caveats and exceptions.

WTF... I posted on here a little while ago and my comment is gone... POOOF!
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
    Still nothing? Seriously?
    Pruning does not mean that anyone will forget this. Nothing has changed... no one will forget what ever the outcome

After all... a million great things may be done by a party, but the one thing that they will be remembered for is that one act that did not follow the usual pattern. Similarly, it is the unexpected action that leaves the most memorable impression.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • montairemontaire Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Any news? I am still hopeful that there's a resolution in the pipe. Failing that, a more clear explanation of the challenges involved in the decision.
  • billjustbillbilljustbill Member Posts: 1 New User
    it won't make any difference
    The threads that were pruned were related to the legal aspects of the contract that all of you entered into with Cryptic.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    FWIW, I plan to follow this thread through the end of this week, in hopes of news or a resolution. After that, my patience will be exhausted, and I'll be done.

• nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »

What, the blatant deletion and burying of the truth? Yeah, its a pretty common occurrence around this neck of the woods and usually happens to any post that doesn't follow the lines of "OMG this [game/event/change] is awesome!" Anything that paints the company, moderation, or game in anything other than a positive limelight is quickly squashed. And I can totally agree with that from a business perspective, I mean, we don't want to turn off potential suckers, I mean, customers, now do we?

What, the blatant deletion and burying of the truth? Yeah, its a pretty common occurrence around this neck of the woods and usually happens to any post that doesn't follow the lines of "OMG this [game/event/change] is awesome!" Anything that paints the company, moderation, or game in anything other than a positive limelight is quickly squashed. And I can totally agree with that from a business perspective, I mean, we don't want to turn off potential suckers, I mean, customers, now do we?

If you calmly review the locked threads without the "negative Cryptic is the devil glasses" on, you'll see that the moderators actually do leave a good bit of negative comments on the boards. I rarely ever see a thread locked or deleted inappropriately. If it serves absolutely no good to anyone, yes, it probably will get deleted.

All in all, they have rules - you break them, you pay the price. But I think they do a fairly decent job of weeding out the rants and conjecture...leaving valid points (if sometimes the negative ones).
    I did just notice that the "With all due respect" post has disappeared from the forums. The fact that the legal fact related posts were removed it speaks a lot more about their decision.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The Lower Depths still exist, it's just a slightly more convoluted detour to see what's in there.

As for "legal fact" posts, it doesn't matter how factual that stuff is, it's against the rules. PWE is like a strict parent. They don't care that you're an adult who smokes and has sex, you're not doing it under their roof and that's final.

Like, you can try to sneak a quick one in the bathroom, but you're probably gonna get caught.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Like, you can try to sneak a quick one in the bathroom, but you're probably gonna get caught.

A quick smoke, or a quick sex? :) Suppose either way, you are going to get caught.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I was ambiguous on purpose.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I really wish we'd get a definitive answer already...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    The threads that were pruned were related to the legal aspects of the contract that all of you entered into with Cryptic.

You mean the posts? Mine hadn't. Not at all.
    mattock13 wrote: »
    I've already lost 80% of my guild, PLEASE don't drive more players away.

I would say about 50% of all guilds share that exact story.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    ]

If you calmly review the locked threads without the "negative Cryptic is the devil glasses" on, you'll see that the moderators actually do leave a good bit of negative comments on the boards. I rarely ever see a thread locked or deleted inappropriately. If it serves absolutely no good to anyone, yes, it probably will get deleted.

All in all, they have rules - you break them, you pay the price. But I think they do a fairly decent job of weeding out the rants and conjecture...leaving valid points (if sometimes the negative ones).

I don't mind the locking of threads that aren't productive and / or off topic, that is to be expected and oftwn times warranted. What I don't agree with is the deletion of entire threads or selectively deleting individual posts therein. On the rare occasion.... Maybe. Just maybe, if someone hops on the boar and starts throwing around obscenities and obscenities. But the amount of posts that are deleted around here is just excessive and largely biased.
This discussion has been closed.