test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus companions not account wide!

Comments

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    We aren't stupid or naive.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    They already nerfed the Slaad, they just need to bind them to account and make them [Account-Wide] already. This is ridiculous. Give me what we agreed to as per your offer PWE. Otherwise I will NEVER partake in any other offers for ANY of your other games again.

I don't want a refund either.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Wow, this is very disappointing. I did not participate in this promo as it was very expensive.
    Not giving the people who did what was originally promised seems wrong. Either do the account unlocks or refund the money spent and let them keep the single items.....
  • zamajezamaje Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Has anything been done yet about this?
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    greyloche wrote: »
    nothing yet.

hope everyone remembers this when the next "promotion" comes around.

Oh, I'm gonna be actively REMINDING people next time a promotion comes around. "Remember what happened with the companion promotion?"
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    well that was expected of course judging past actions. history teaches us a lot.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Well, the NCL folks sort of got their rewards. Wonder when we will get ours.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I assume everyone still has just one phase spider (I only qualified for slaad), which means they haven't even successfully delivered the reward they said they would deliver after they said they were unable to deliver the original advertised reward.

Convoluted much?

As for the lack of Vanilla tagging this thread as having new posts, it does that to a lot of threads. It doesn't track your read posts particularly well either.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dentage1234dentage1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Yes, I still only have one Phase Spider, along with 5 Scorpions and 5 Slaads. The "compromise" that was announced when the promo was retroactively changed was 3/3/3, which was implemented as 3/1/3 for many people, if not all. I'm not sure who decided to bump it up to 5/1/5, as there was no official word that I ever saw. Even five of each is in no way equal value (for me, at least) to the account-wide unlocks that were promised and posted for almost a week.

I'll continue to haunt this thread until a resolution is announced. My faith in a satisfactory solution is dwindling rapidly. Very disappointing.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    alisi1 wrote: »
    It's a stealth closing. :smile:

LoL. could be. probably just vanilla being vanilla, a side effect of actions taken on the entire thread, maybe.

but at least its still on the front page so people can read it and all of the responses we have gotten so far.
    Yes, I still only have one Phase Spider, along with 5 Scorpions and 5 Slaads. The "compromise" that was announced when the promo was retroactively changed was 3/3/3, which was implemented as 3/1/3 for many people, if not all. I'm not sure who decided to bump it up to 5/1/5, as there was no official word that I ever saw. Even five of each is in no way equal value (for me, at least) to the account-wide unlocks that were promised and posted for almost a week.

I'll continue to haunt this thread until a resolution is announced. My faith in a satisfactory solution is dwindling rapidly. Very disappointing.
    I assume everyone still has just one phase spider (I only qualified for slaad), which means they haven't even successfully delivered the reward they said they would deliver after they said they were unable to deliver the original advertised reward.

Convoluted much?

As for the lack of Vanilla tagging this thread as having new posts, it does that to a lot of threads. It doesn't track your read posts particularly well either.

I actually got 2 Phase Spiders - because that was a companion I knew would go to my Drow chars first, I withdrew that one in order to test whether the disappointing perspective at the reward claims agent implied what I feared.

When the "compromise" upgrade was dished out, I got a new one.

And re. haunting this thread: I'll go along, too.

• mersenneprimemersenneprime Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Since there's been no response here, we might have better luck via facebook.

I'm guessing they also have a twitter feed, so that might be an avenue to get a response.

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    i think they were given enough time to address this. we should consider that they will do nothing about this any more. they will let this be forgotten. too bad some people have good memory.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    They might look in to it once other high priority things are finished (mod 7 release is taking most of their time, so i wouldnt expect anything until then)
    This is a very simple fix. There is no reason why this should be taking so long, and now we don't even have the courtesy of someone coming to communicate with us at all, after we were promised a response. Very disappointing.
    edited July 2015
    I guarantee that OUR liaison is ignoring this post and may have been misrepresenting the facts to all of you... to keep you on the hook. Hoping that this will all be forgotten about and everyone will spend more money when SH comes out.

What they don't realize... is that this may end up being the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of their whales. People, often, do not realize that they actually needed their nose... until after they cut it off.
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
    start of a new week? do you think we will get a response this week?
    Hope springs eternal!

Or, as suggested above, start posting responses to facebook offer announcements explaining this situation (with links to the ad and the thread) to make sure it gets proper visibility and so they know that we still care.

@yetweallfalldown

it has been 2 weeks since you told these lovely peers of mine that an answer would be reached and shared with the entire community by the middle of that week. FYI... this is not looking good for anyone related to this.

I am glad I learned my lesson earlier.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I haven't even touched the companions because I've been hoping that something would be done. With Mod7 coming out in about 3-4 weeks, is there any way that I can just get my 10K Zen back, since non-account-wide strikers aren't that attractive to me, TBH?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • cptwbangcptwbang Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    You would think Strumslinger would want to rectify this problem since his name is posted to it. All they're doing is rolling the blame on him for throwing it up without proof reading. I know in my business if my name is attached to it in any way it will be right or i'll pitch one huge fit.
    cptwbang wrote: »
    You would think Strumslinger would want to rectify this problem since his name is posted to it. All they're doing is rolling the blame on him for throwing it up without proof reading. I know in my business if my name is attached to it in any way it will be right or i'll pitch one huge fit.

Oh, with his usual breezy-styled attitude in relating bad news, I'm already amazed that the blame wasn't put on some pesky goblins...
  • peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Did Cryptic ever reimburse players, or correct this? I've seen some of the companions in the AH and was wondering if it was fixed and these are residuum from the immediate response, or if they just left it at the, "Its players' fault for believing us...". I didn't buy any of the account-unlock companions during this promo, so I'd like to know, before I spend my cash to earn/purchase (whatever you want to call it) anything else on this game: can I trust them?

They weren't honest regarding difficulty fixes; they weren't honest about XP gain/rewards; and in the midst of that cluster-f, this happened. The way it seems to have been left in this thread doesn't look any better to me regarding their creditability and has frozen my monetary investment in the game, more than the other two issues have frozen my time investment in playing.

At least I can work on refinement while I'm sitting around in Protector's Enclave, waiting for Strongholds - but, not if I don't buy the requisite stuff for it. Thus, I'm either stuck doing nothing until mid-August, or I'm at least given a reason to log in...
  • peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Thanks, good to know.
    edited July 2015
    Did Cryptic ever reimburse players, or correct this? I've seen some of the companions in the AH and was wondering if it was fixed and these are residuum from the immediate response, or if they just left it at the, "Its players' fault for believing us...". I didn't buy any of the account-unlock companions during this promo, so I'd like to know, before I spend my cash to earn/purchase (whatever you want to call it) anything else on this game: can I trust them?
    Nothing has changed in regards to this issue.

The initial "fix" was to provide three each for the pets you qualified for, however, that was not implemented correctly and people were given 3/1/3. Or so people have posted. Further, I've heard that if you had already claimed the phase spider, you got 1 on the reward vendor, resulting in 2 total?

However, that was still not as advertised. People want what was advertised in the promotion, or a refund of the $$ spent to get zen for the promotion.

The last any of us heard, it was still being discussed and we were to have a response by mid-week. That was two weeks ago (meaning, the promised mid week was two weeks ago).

In addition to the lack of response, some people have indicated that the reward number was bumped to 5, but the phase spider was still by its lonesome at 1. I cannot verify this, as I haven't logged in to check the vendor.

Other than that, in the meantime, the Death Slaad has been nerfed (which was expected, and not an issue).

*edit* Okay, I've logged in for the first time in the last few weeks. The reward vendor is showing me 4/1/4 (scorpion, spider, slaad) available for the companions. Since I've claimed 1 each on my TR, that means I've been given 5/2/5. So, what was written above is accurate.
    Post edited by mersenneprime on

• soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I have been keeping on eye on this situation to determine if I will spend any more money on the game. But it is not looking good so far. This fix is a no brainer and should have been fixed a couple of weeks ago already.
    soltasword wrote: »
    I have been keeping on eye on this situation to determine if I will spend any more money on the game. But it is not looking good so far. This fix is a no brainer and should have been fixed a couple of weeks ago already.

Thank you very much for your backing and solidarity. Just ignoring good business and interpersonal practice - keeping your promises - isn't encouraging repeat business, isn't it?
  • yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Hi everyone,

I know it's been some time since the last update. Apologies for that. There's a lot of moving pieces in the world of PWE, so it takes a little while for me to get to everything. I've followed up with the folks yesterday that are responsible for making the decisions on the adjustments that I've requested. As I mentioned in the past, there is some amount of work required in pulling something like this off. I will reiterate that our team's goal is to find a resolution. This isn't a topic that has dropped off.

In addition to that, I'm going to allow comments to run for the remainder of this afternoon and then close this topic for comments (not remove the topic). The sentiment from those affected is loud and clear. You want this fixed and that's what we're looking to do. Closing the topic will also allow my updates to stay as the most recent update in order to get information across clearly.

I'd request that we not open additional topics and I will update this again once we have movement on a fix.

Alex
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
    Thanks for keeping on it, and finally getting back to us. A brief "still on it", though, every now and then, would have been appreciated, and might have "civilized" the debate quite a bit...
    [...]
    I'd request that we not open additional topics and I will update this again once we have movement on a fix.

Alex

I personally can abide by this truce.

Could you give a rough estimate (better using a deliberate helping of the Scotty factor) as to when to expect this?
    edited July 2015
    No offence, but, can we trust you not to just sweep this under the rug once it's closed? Once you close it, you're not just going to ignore it forever while closing/deleting any other references to it in the future with a comment of "we told you not to bring this up, we'll update you when there's a fix" and then just never giving us a fix? I'm a little worried by this demand. Can we get the topic stickied while it's closed at least, so it remains at the top of the page where everyone can see it and whether or not there's any new info?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Can we get the topic stickied while it's closed at least, so it remains at the top of the page where everyone can see it and whether or not there's any new info?

That seems like a reasonable request.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    No offence, but, can we trust you not to just sweep this under the rug once it's closed?

There is a post-it note on my desk with big letters saying bonus companion. I'm not going to forget :)

Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
This discussion has been closed.