test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus companions not account wide!

Comments

• j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    Would at least be nice if they delivered the 3x Phase Spider, I've only gotten one so far.

I agree though that good business would be to just make the companions account-wide as promised. I would also volunteer as editor for their blog posts. This kind of pre-school error didn't happen for the first time.

I want to point out however that they are at least being honest about their mistake and didn't erase the miswording from the post.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What was stated should be honored.

o3HS6Vb.png
    va8Ru.gif
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    Since when has Cryptic ever done the right thing? Every single issue this game has ever faced, I've lost from (key stack from protectors event last year, crafting assets, etc.) and the customer service of PWE has always added some form response and closed the ticket. Eventually the ticket disappeared as well. So I'll sit on the side that says, the company will give you the middle finger and move on with their day.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    After 1pm CT, 11am PT, should be hearing something any time now....right? *knock knock* this thing on?
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    Ouch! Looks like somebody did not do a thorough review . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    If you promised something in an advertisement that you did not deliver, mistake or not, the only viable solutions are to deliver what you promised or refund people's purchases.

It does little harm to the game to just make these items account-wide unlocks, but does a great deal of harm to the game's reputation by not offering that solution.

If there is a technical reason that it is challenging to offer an account-wide unlock, communicating that fact would help reduce the impact of your failed promise on your user community.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
    Not sure what is more concerning - that they didn't even bother to reference the issue today, that the correction they said they applied didn't even happen totally (3 of each is not 3,3,1), or that this thread is only 5 pages long because have learned to simply not trust what is posted.

I still find it funny that the event is still in the launcher and the news section, with the Account Wide Unlock there but struck out. As if that made any real difference after the fact. I wonder if I type in something that would get me banned and then went back before they noticed and did a strikethrough, if I could pull the same?
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    Welcome to purchasing of pixels on ALL online games/virtual worlds. The developers own all the pixels, so literally you are not sold any good and you agreed that they can change anything anytime without prior notice under the EULA.

Anyway, I didn't buy into this promotion. Even if so, the companions are pretty crappy. The purple quality scorpion does a "whooping" 210 damage even when your character is max leveled on a 3% chance? It is not even worth a green quality level TBH.

I don't think many people participated in this promotion anyway. There are only 11 scoprions on AH, even after Cryptic sweetened the offer to 3 companions per purchase instead of 1. Perhaps not many people fell for it, or not bothered to complain, so Cryptic just shrugged and your Neverwinter adventure goes on...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Alternatively, the type of people who buy into a promotion expecting BoP account-unlock companions for the most part want to use the companions, not sell them. It's not the kind of promotion that would normally appeal to an opportunistic seller.

Also, there are people hesitating to claim any rewards from this promotion out of concern that doing so would interfere with further changes if the company does end up doing the right thing and honoring the original terms.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    When you are a company that survives off people buying your virtual stuff/pixels, you probably shouldn't tick them off. Sure, they can change whatever they want at any time......but so can the players. The beautiful thing is, the players can stop "paying" any time, and continue playing too! Players who aren't paying are called an expense.

When you flat out lie, you lose customers. If you go to Fry's or Best Buy and buy a TV that comes with a free XBox on rebate - then had the company say "Oh wait, there is no rebate...hehe, sorry".....you'd be pissed.

Virtual goods are just pixels. Money is also just fancy paper.
  • mavfoxmavfox Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm extremely upset by this. I normally just lurk on the forums, but I logged in specifically to comment on this thread. I bought into this specifically for the account-wide unlock and I feel like I've been defrauded at the moment.

Is this really how the company is going to leave things? I've spent a few hundred on this game and if this is it I'll be sure to never spend more again.
    Post edited by mavfox on
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    It is disheartening that there has not been any update on this matter yet - even a "we're still discussing how best to handle this" type of comment would have gone miles toward maintaining good will...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • bubbleleaderbubbleleader Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    C'mon Cryptic...

This is just poor customer service. I could see if it costs you a ton of money or ruined the economy, but you've got to have the ability to turn these companions into Account wide locked. If not, spend the time to make a framework so that you can do it again in the future.

I'm a pretty staunch defender of you guys, but no one can defend this a good move or a satisfying result. You're trying to win players over not discourage them. Remember when everyone got those nightmare mounts in the lock box, you did the right thing then, do it again.
    Morning everyone :) We begin day 2!
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I didn't buy anything this promotion but I am curious how this plays out. It was their mistake and by rights should either make it account wide or give everyone a refund that wants it. Otherwise, it is just poor business ethics not to make it right.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Now they handed out a bunch of unbound companions to the people who took part in the promotion I'd be extremely surprised if they then go on to also give them all an account wide unlock as well.

healary wrote: »
    Anyway, I didn't buy into this promotion. Even if so, the companions are pretty crappy.

Slaad is insane ,it is pretty much easily one of the BiS companions for dps classes until or if it gets nerfed or fixed? , Lazalia posted a video on reddit showing it's incredible damage xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x2VdLGZ3GE
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm sure the slaad will get fixed or nerfed or whatever, but I don't really care, I want my damned account-wide companions. I can't claim one yet because I don't want to compromise my ability to claim it in the future if they do the right thing and honor their advertisement. This is insanely frustrating and I want someone to tell us what the hell is going on.

Also, for the love of god, just HONOR the promotion already. It literally costs the company nothing to give away a few pixels and lines of code to the people who qualified for them, but NOT doing so will cost them SO much more money in the form of people not trusting them (and warning other people not to trust them in the future) and not spending money.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    I'm sure the slaad will get fixed or nerfed or whatever

Yeah graalx3 has replied in another thread saying it is being nerfed ,it will still probably be among BiS for dps classes though.
    graalx3 wrote: »
    There will be a bug fix for the Death Slaad's Active Companion Bonus. It's damage will be affected by Damage Resistance and the duration of the DoT will become a static 10 seconds. The DoT may only be applied at most once per second.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    *sighs heavily* Come on. I'm trying to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but as more and more days pass I'm starting to suspect you're just hoping we'll all forget.

I can guarantee you that me, and people like me who were caught up in this, will not forget. We will actively WARN people against participating in promotions, because they can't be trusted. We will hesitate on spending any money ever again, if we ever do.

Fixing this would cost so little.
  • harkiel6666harkiel6666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    *sighs heavily* Come on. I'm trying to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but as more and more days pass I'm starting to suspect you're just hoping we'll all forget.

I can guarantee you that me, and people like me who were caught up in this, will not forget. We will actively WARN people against participating in promotions, because they can't be trusted. We will hesitate on spending any money ever again, if we ever do.

Fixing this would cost so little.

So true, thanks friend
  • yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    I know it's been some time since I've mentioned an official word. I can say that there is still a discussion going on for this, but there is no resolution as of now. I'll probably have an update by end of week, but will plan on posting regardless.
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • relkindxrelkindx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    thanks for the update. I'm hoping you decide to do the right thing. It's hard to believe the solution isn't obvious.

Do you want to be the Fry's of the customer service gaming world or the Costco. By the way, I never shop at Fry's anymore.
    I wonder if the delay involves the fact that one of the companions is considered highly overpowered compared to the rest. Of course, the people that have the companion are the people that would still have it after they do the right thing, but....

Nice to see an update on Day 4!
  • mersenneprimemersenneprime Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I know it's been some time since I've mentioned an official word. I can say that there is still a discussion going on for this, but there is no resolution as of now. I'll probably have an update by end of week, but will plan on posting regardless.
    Thank you for the update, it's good to know this is still being looked at.

I suspect that part of the problem is that, due to the mistake, these were BoE to start, and various peeps have been selling them, thus if they are made account wide, those that did this would "have their cake and eat it too".

I'm not sure there's a good way to track the sold companions, and retroactively remove them and refund AD. It would cause significant headaches. It's been long enough that I don't recall what the resolution was on Caturday, and this is a different situation since it's not really an exploit.

Similarly, if you were to only make these account wide for those qualified for the reward and that still have the full stack either on the reward vendor or bound to their own characters, then those that had sold off any of the pets would complain. I had actually withdrawn one of each and learned them on my Rogue before I noted there were numbers attached to the companions. I suspect that the majority of people that made the purchases were intending to learn them on their own toons, which makes this (to my mind) the more attractive solution.

You guys may come up with something better.

In any case, the longer it takes to come up with a resolution, the bigger the potential headache when it's implemented.

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.

Thank you so much for maintaining communication. I really hope this comes to a satisfactory resolution.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    I would like to kindly remind posters that posts which discuss legal claims or possible violations of applicable law are not permitted. If you have a claim, or feel you have a claim, under any law or statute, please consult a licensed attorney or solicitor in the jurisdiction in which you reside.

As this is considered a moderator notice, please do not quote, respond, or reply to this post in any fashion, but use the PM system to communicate any concerns or questions you may have. Thank you.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • felixkelllfelixkelll Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    Well, at the very least it's starting to look like they're being more careful about blog posts:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9435363

"*All content listed here is subject to change."

If they combine this with solid proofreading then at the very least it's looking less likely that this will happen again.

Big thanks to yetweallfalldown for the update, and I'll look forward to hearing how this shakes out and a further update later this week.
    I now have 5 scorpions and 5 slaads available (but still just one spider) but this is not what I want. I want these companions account wide. I don't care that they're BoE and I could sell them, I do not want to sell them. I have more than five characters. Giving me extra BoE companions is not an acceptable substitute and will not make me happy.
    felixkelll wrote: »
    Well, at the very least it's starting to look like they're being more careful about blog posts:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9435363

"*All content listed here is subject to change."

If they combine this with solid proofreading then at the very least it's looking less likely that this will happen again.

Big thanks to yetweallfalldown for the update, and I'll look forward to hearing how this shakes out and a further update later this week.

Statements like that new disclaimer just make me nervous that screw-ups like this can and will happen again and they're just covering their tracks for when it does.

I'm going to be looking at all new deals with extreme suspicion from now on, and of course that's only if this account-wide thing is dealt with well. I probably won't be giving any more money to this game if not.
  • chrystlynnchrystlynn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    A few months ago I started playing NWO and loved it--the graphics are great, combat was fun and NWO was solo/casual friendly. I quit all the other games I was playing and started spending about 90% of my monthly entertainment dollars on Zen because I like the companion and mount models and enchanted keys were pretty fun little slot machines with decent rewards.

Fast forward to today and past all the other situations and disappointments....this companion situation is still ongoing ...Cryptic are you intentionally trying to drive me back to the Midsummer Fire Festival?

This entire situation is like negotiating with a street vendor in a third-world country.

The sign says 10 oranges for $10...you give the vendor $10.

Vendor: hands you 1 orange...you look confused and point at his sign.
    Vendor: "oh sorry my sign was leftover from apple sales...it's actually 1 for $10..."
    Customer: No, I paid for 10, you will give me 10. You can't change the deal after I paid.
    Vendor: "well...let me talk to the Street Vendor's Guild about this..."
    Customer: Sigh...
    * a few days pass *
    Vendor: "ok. The guild says you can have 3..."
    Customer: THE SIGN SAYS 10
    * time passes *
    Vendor:*crosses out the 10 and replaces it with 1* "There the sign is fixed but the guild is nice and will give you 3"
    Customer:...I want my money back or 10 oranges...
    Vendor: Sorry, no refunds. You will also not discuss anything related to x, y, or z on the Street Vendor Guild Forums.
    Customer: >:[
    Vendor: "OK OK! My guild's power is only exceeded by it's generosity!....We will give you FIVE!!"
    Customer: ...srsly?...

Bear in mind that oranges are actual, tangible products...not pixels. Even pixels with (tm) aren't tangible products. It literally costs Cryptic nothing to give you what you paid for.

Add all of this in-game disappointment to the company merging with PWE (incorporated in the Cayman Islands), going private (no longer listed on NASDAQ), only trading at 13x earnings last year with a really freaky chart, all the "right-sizing" going on at Cryptic and it really starts to get you thinking. All of that is public knowledge so hopefully I won't get edited or banned for stating it. It all makes me think that $15 a month and $10/$25 for a store pet/mount every now and then isn't so bad...it's WAY less than I've been spending on Zen.
This discussion has been closed.