What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonus companions not account wide!

Comments

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    greyloche wrote: »
    I just don't get some of these decisions. i'm trying hard to be a loyal customer. i partake in the bonus things like this because i want cryptic/PWE to make money so the game continues. but to turn around and do something like this over a few pixels is just crazy from a business perspective. i would really advise the community manager to have another talk with proper people and let them know the general sentiment.

its just so weird to me they would take that path with the paying customers. in a F2P game you really don't want to mess with the ones that are actually paying.... or am i wrong.

and here you are opening up a new market, the xbox. they are watching this. don't think they aren't reading the PC forums. do you really want them to see how this kind of thing is handled, in this way? As a person looking for a new game i might look at this type of customer serviced and think "wow, what will happen when there is a real problem".

Likewise...
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Please honor your word Cryptic, I'm asking you to do this not for me but for your own business. If your business fails we ALL lose this game, please don't F this up.

I purchased the Zen just to acquire the 10 items for these account-wide unlocks. I have more than 3 characters so 3 isn't going to cut it and I unlike others have no interest in selling them. Please make them account-wide bound on pick-up. When purchasing Zen to keep the game we enjoy in business for ALL of us to share and enjoy as a Free-to-play game, I don't mind. I appreciate all your hard work, overhead and business expenses and recognize that you should be rewarded for such. But deceiving us just to make a profit will only hurt you in the end.

Sincerely, If this is not corrected, if ALL my characters don't get these companions I KNOW I won't be purchasing anymore Zen. I can find many more places to spend my money, trust me. But I will not tolerate scams such as this.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

PLEASE fix this, make them account-wide and bind them on pick-up. I don't want 3 or 30, I don't want to sell them. I only want what was agreed to. Only then will I be happy and more than willing to pay for the game I enjoy with my friends who cannot afford to Pay-to-Play.

I want to keep you in business, I am willing to pay you for purchases in your game and I have never had to beg ANYONE to take my money but I'm not an idiot for if I were I would not have money. Something you will learn if this is not fixed.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    I just don't get some of these decisions. i'm trying hard to be a loyal customer. i partake in the bonus things like this because i want cryptic/PWE to make money so the game continues. but to turn around and do something like this over a few pixels is just crazy from a business perspective. i would really advise the community manager to have another talk with proper people and let them know the general sentiment.

its just so weird to me they would take that path with the paying customers. in a F2P game you really don't want to mess with the ones that are actually paying.... or am i wrong.

and here you are opening up a new market, the xbox. they are watching this. don't think they aren't reading the PC forums. do you really want them to see how this kind of thing is handled, in this way? As a person looking for a new game i might look at this type of customer serviced and think "wow, what will happen when there is a real problem".
    ^^^^ THIS.

We dropped a SIGNIFICANT amount of money and zen on this without question. And now you're teaching us to question EVERYTHING the company says, and, probably, drop MUCH less money on these kinds of things. The only way you're going to make this right is to give us what we were promised. Changing it after the fact and saying "Whoops, sorry, we made a mistake" is not good enough. You had a WHOLE WEEK to catch this mistake, with everyone in the community talking about it and whether or not it was a trick.

I encouraged people to spend zen on this promotion because "Cryptic has never blatantly lied about things like this before". Now, you've set that precedent. Bravo.
  • Options
    krowsys wrote: »
    Please honor your word Cryptic, I'm asking you to do this not for me but for your own business. If your business fails we ALL lose this game, please don't F this up.

I purchased the Zen just to acquire the 10 items for these account-wide unlocks. I have more than 3 characters so 3 isn't going to cut it and I unlike others have no interest in selling them. Please make them account-wide bound on pick-up. When purchasing Zen to keep the game we enjoy in business for ALL of us to share and enjoy as a Free-to-play game, I don't mind. I appreciate all your hard work, overhead and business expenses and recognize that you should be rewarded for such. But deceiving us just to make a profit will only hurt you in the end.

Sincerely, If this is not corrected, if ALL my characters don't get these companions I KNOW I won't be purchasing anymore Zen. I can find many more places to spend my money, trust me. But I will not tolerate scams such as this.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

PLEASE fix this, make them account-wide and bind them on pick-up. I don't want 3 or 30, I don't want to sell them. I only want what was agreed to. Only then will I be happy and more than willing to pay for the game I enjoy with my friends who cannot afford to Pay-to-Play.

I want to keep you in business, I am willing to pay you for purchases in your game and I have never had to beg ANYONE to take my money but I'm not an idiot for if I were I would not have money. Something you will learn if this is not fixed.

+1
    /10 char
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    orion1001orion1001 Member Posts: 65 Arc User

PLEASE fix this, make them account-wide and bind them on pick-up. I don't want 3 or 30, I don't want to sell them.

Speak for yourself, but don't speak for the rest of us please. It was advertised clearly as bind on equip. Many of the people who bought into this promotion saw that as the main reason to take pledge into the promotion. Anyway, if PWE doesn't honor their promotion as advertised during the sale period, then they are indeed breaking the law and are at risk for lawsuits from the people who bought the promotion.
  • Options
    krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    orion1001 wrote: »

PLEASE fix this, make them account-wide and bind them on pick-up. I don't want 3 or 30, I don't want to sell them.

Speak for yourself, but don't speak for the rest of us please. It was advertised clearly as bind on equip. Many of the people who bought into this promotion saw that as the main reason to take pledge into the promotion. Anyway, if PWE doesn't honor their promotion as advertised during the sale period, then they are indeed breaking the law and are at risk for lawsuits from the people who bought the promotion.

ALL account-wide items are bound on pick-up. We all know this to always be the case. It would be ridiculous to assume you can obtain LIMITLESS amounts of companions, flood the Auction house and ruin an already damaged and suffering game economy.

Be realistic.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    Speak for yourself, but don't speak for the rest of us please. It was advertised clearly as bind on equip. Many of the people who bought into this promotion saw that as the main reason to take pledge into the promotion.

Thing is, most of us learned not to trust the pictures and tooltips a long time ago. The tooltips and pictures very, very often inaccurate - they've shown green companions as blue or epic, they've shown BoP items as BoE, and vice-versa. The text, thus far, has ALWAYS been accurate. But if they don't fix this, we'll have one more reason never to trust them again.
  • Options
    orion1001orion1001 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2015

ALL account-wide items are bound on pick-up. We all know this to always be the case. It would be ridiculous to assume you can obtain LIMITLESS amounts of companions, flood the Auction house and ruin an already damaged and suffering game economy.

Be realistic.

Be realistic? I have a few friends that bought this promotion, and they highly disagree with you. Truth is, they were mislead, as were you, but don't try to bargain for the rest of us. If PWE said it was going to be BoE, then that was their advertised word, REAL CASH was exchanged - the terms were set during the sale period (of which they had a week to proof-read and did not bother), nobody is at fault here except PWE. Don't tell me to be "realistic", and quite frankly it's pathetic you are trying to sugar coat the very shameful and illegal issue of false advertising.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Honestly... The only way I will put money into Zen... again... as stated by others is if this is fixed and the words of the offer are honored as they were presented. Even if they were not intending to post that offer as it was blogged.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    theonlyopiniontheonlyopinion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Speak for yourself, but don't speak for the rest of us please. It was advertised clearly as bind on equip. Many of the people who bought into this promotion saw that as the main reason to take pledge into the promotion.

Thing is, most of us learned not to trust the pictures and tooltips a long time ago. The tooltips and pictures very, very often inaccurate - they've shown green companions as blue or epic, they've shown BoP items as BoE, and vice-versa. The text, thus far, has ALWAYS been accurate. But if they don't fix this, we'll have one more reason never to trust them again.

So let's be clear about this. Cryptic can't proof-read it's own content, posts something inaccurate, and then doesn't honor it, and we the gaming community acted in good faith made a purchase decision based on this data, but because they have a history of doing things the wrong way, this time should be ok as well? I DON'T THINK SO!!
  • Options
    Truth. Honestly, who would have bought the extra Zen if the companions were not offered as "account-bound"?
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    Hi All,

Here's an update on what happened and what we were doing. This spend promotion that was run closely followed another promotion that was run back in 2014. When we ran the previous promotion, we included companions that were account-wide unlocks. In drafting the announcement, we used that promotion as reference material for our blog. It was reviewed for approval and we didn't catch the account-wide unlock inclusion. For this promotion, that line should have been removed.

I understand that the expectation did not correlate with the actual rewards. Our team has increased the amount of companions that were distributed for the spend rewards. Each account should receive a total of three of each of the companions that they qualified for.

In an effort to ensure that this communication issue does not happen again in the future, we're going to set up additional rounds of reviews both with the communications and the marketing team. Our goal is to always be the most reliable source of information for our community and we'll take all necessary steps to hit that goal.

Alex

EDIT: Edited the blog post to ensure that the update is available there as well.

I only took part in this promotion because the companions were advertised as account-wide. What is my recourse now? The rewards are not as promised - you should make good on the offer your company promoted - no one, during the entire run of the event, even bothered to double check? What are my options, now?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    Makes me happy i didnt fall for this trap, lol >.>
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When we ran the previous promotion, we included companions that were account-wide unlocks. In drafting the announcement, we used that promotion as reference material for our blog.

I have nothing to gain by suggesting this because I didn't partake in the spender event just so you know but I would suggest that you guys need to do the right thing here and just reward the people who did take part with the account wide unlocks, they spent a fairly hefty amount of money in a lot of cases in order to get account wide companions , I think you will find that if they had not been advertised as account wide many of the people would not have taken part in the spender event , you guys need to do the right thing here , fobbing the spenders off with the 'tough luck ' line is really not good enough.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    I have a feeling that the 3 that were offered are ALL that can be expected from them.

Sad... it costs them VERY LITTLE to deliver what was offered.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    This stings and stinks. :(
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    What I don't get is the double standard of those that got lucky with free radiance stones or almost free inferno mounts, yet the ones that actually support the game don't even get what is advertised? Priorities are way out of whack.

oooohhhh... good point
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    What I don't get is the double standard of those that got lucky with free radiance stones or almost free inferno mounts, yet the ones that actually support the game don't even get what is advertised? Priorities are way out of whack.

Well, I heard that many people from the radiance stone incident were banned, but the Nightmare lockbox fiasco people were just labeled "lucky" in a dev comment...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Hi everyone,

Sorry about being MIA from this thread for a while. What I will say right now is that I'm listening to everything that you are saying. I'm escalating the feedback to see what can possibly be done beyond what was discussed. I personally can't promise a response on this before we head into the weekend as we have to go through several motions when ironing out plans and details.

Apologies for not having exact details. I wanted to make sure that this isn't a set and forget thing, and that we could have an open conversation about this. I'll look to give updates as soon as I can.

Alex
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hi everyone,

Sorry about being MIA from this thread for a while. What I will say right now is that I'm listening to everything that you are saying. I'm escalating the feedback to see what can possibly be done beyond what was discussed. I personally can't promise a response on this before we head into the weekend as we have to go through several motions when ironing out plans and details.

Apologies for not having exact details. I wanted to make sure that this isn't a set and forget thing, and that we could have an open conversation about this. I'll look to give updates as soon as I can.

Alex

So at this point, should I hold off on taking/using any of the companions? I mean, they activated a double-XP event due to the overrun maintenance from yesterday, and now things are up in the air w/ these companions...
  • Options
    biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    Hi everyone,

Alex

Thank you, Alex. :) I wasn't expecting another response given the anger of the player base. Thank you for keeping us updated.
  • Options
    chrystlynnchrystlynn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Don't get me wrong, I love this game. I've spent waaaaay more than I intended when I installed it and I don't regret it. It's a beautiful game with detailed models you don't see in other games. Just the art alone is reason to play.

I also think Alex is absolutely earnest in his response. I am watching the outcome of this situation as well as the outcome of the shareholders meeting on the 28th to determine if it's wise to spend more money here or find a new place for my entertainment dollars.

• Options
    gravioligravioli Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    My purchase was based solely on the belief that they were account wide unlocks. They need to honor their mistake. In the long run, losing more player trust will hurt them a lot more than honoring the mistake.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    This is a virtual item, that is worth nothing tangible to them, and is really only worth the cool factor in game (the bonuses are not that great...). So I really see no reason at all not to honor the contract. You are literally losing NOTHING by giving them to those who were lied to. You risk losing paying customers of course, which definitely is something to you.

And for the love of all things holy....PROOF-READ! We all learn to do this in what, 5th grade? The blog posts and announcements are riddled with errors, and even some in game items have basic spelling mistakes. This particular error is pretty major, as people spent money thinking they were getting A, and then AFTERWARDS (which means nobody bothered to ever READ the post for what, a week???) saw the error and then decided to basically just pull an "Oops, my bad...hehehe, isn't that funny when that happens...have an extra companion on us!"

This game is sinking fast to about the level of a hacked private server in terms of quality. Over-exaggerated fixes that appear to be the idea of one person with little oversight - spelling errors - promotions that cost some people money and then are swept under the rug as if nobody would notice.....that may even be an insult to some private servers.
  • Options
    smellykuntismellykunti Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    There is a suggestion here:

http://nwo-uncensored.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=160

it involves more time but may not risk the banning of an account.
    And it may end up being more satisfying.

This discussion has been closed.