Install Arc
Options

Getting stunlocked by rangers in pvp

Comments

• Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    And HR is almost all time on range to perma root a target... Do not see your point here, TBH.

apologize accepted..
    go ahead continue embaressed yourself any further
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And HR is almost all time on range to perma root a target... Do not see your point here, TBH.
    dude hrs are not fully ranged most of the time. they are half and half in fact most hrs remain in melee range during the fight. please play the class.
  • Options
    timeforsquishingtimeforsquishing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What really sucks about this build is a lot of the people running it actually think theyre any good at all. You guys are losers that give HRs a bad name. The class is strong enough without rolling this troll build that lacks zero skill. And stop trying to challenge people to 1v1s, its sad.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd love if trapper build could provide decent CC and decent damage. Now it seems like you can stunlock for loong time but with puny DoT...not optimal and would like to see less CC but more damage to balance. So when i root you successfully i deal good damage, and you don't get dazed/rooted forever...

For PvE instead i'd like to keep the focus more on AoE CC and less on damage so trappers can be a viable alternative to CWs maybe...
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What really sucks about this build is a lot of the people running it actually think theyre any good at all. You guys are losers that give HRs a bad name. The class is strong enough without rolling this troll build that lacks zero skill. And stop trying to challenge people to 1v1s, its sad.

Unfortunately people will always take the easy road and atm Trapper provides just that. Sadly it's the only 'viable' spec in pvp for HR currently and even with its <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-poor damage they can at least kill the enemy. As an Archer without being harassed I am able to get a few kills but as Combat I really struggle in that department. But yeah not much skill involved in locking your opponent down and whittling down their health pool, while they are unable to retaliate at all. The majority of the time when one of these Trappers hit me I don't even bother anymore, just take my hands off the keyboard and wait to respawn. It's that futile.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Trapper is not the most viable build for pvp now. Its the most trolly for sure. But we need to cap nodes to win dom matches. And those that run this sad build are no better than those poseur TRs we had to put up with last mod that used dot enchants to double proc sod and think they were actually good players. Where are they now? Mostly gone thank god. Because they sucked at actually playing the class. When they finally got around to fixing it this mod they went away. The results will be the same once they fix this. Then these guys can go back sucking on their HRs and put them back on the shelf. If your only viable option in pvp is to play the most broken of buggy builds then youre not viable in pvp because you suck. Go back to your skill tree and start trying out different things or scout out the top tier guys and figure out what theyre doing. Because trapper is far from the only viable option. Im definitely not talking about archery either. That continues to be a wrong choice if you want to pvp competitively.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Trapper is not the most viable build for pvp now. Its the most trolly for sure. But we need to cap nodes to win dom matches. And those that run this sad build are no better than those poseur TRs we had to put up with last mod that used dot enchants to double proc sod and think they were actually good players. Where are they now? Mostly gone thank god. Because they sucked at actually playing the class. When they finally got around to fixing it this mod they went away. The results will be the same once they fix this. Then these guys can go back sucking on their HRs and put them back on the shelf. If your only viable option in pvp is to play the most broken of buggy builds then youre not viable in pvp because you suck. Go back to your skill tree and start trying out different things or scout out the top tier guys and figure out what theyre doing. Because trapper is far from the only viable option. Im definitely not talking about archery either. That continues to be a wrong choice if you want to pvp competitively.

Wrong and here is why.. again Ive got my burning set on dc, gwf , cw and now working on trapper.. I will then go sw and probably pally.

Here is the reason trappers are needed, BECAUSE of the dc/pally effect. Without trapper build, you cant DO anything against a paladin, nothing, without trapper/daze shot build.

Im sorry, but what exactly DOES any non trapper due who cant lock down one of these guys? your not helping your team much without it. Until they can figure that out, I dont know what to say.

Again, pvp becomes ever more complicated every mod, due to effects, stats, set powers , class imbalances ect.

They could just operational tone down anything, but heck THEY cant even fix the bugs we have, let alone balance out the OP atm.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    If your only viable option in pvp is to play the most broken of buggy builds then youre not viable in pvp because you suck. Go back to your skill tree and start trying out different things or scout out the top tier guys and figure out what theyre doing. Because trapper is far from the only viable option. Im definitely not talking about archery either. That continues to be a wrong choice if you want to pvp competitively.

Surely you don't mean Combat? It's the worst of the 3 specs in pvp atm in just about every aspect. The fact that Wilds Medicine is doubly hit by healing depression in pvp makes a massive dent in our survivability. No damage to speak of. No CC to speak of. Just about the only thing I can do is annoy the enemy and keep them busy on node for a few more seconds before I'm dead. I have asked some the top pvp HRs for advice on Combat and they are all in agreement that Combat is NOT the way to go in Mod 6 pvp. But I love it so I carry on regardless.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Youll have to figure it out for yourself whats viable. Again, this build is not the only viable option in pvp. And as a competitor I want to beat you because Im better than you. And I hate giving the opponent an excuse as to why they were beaten. People defending it as some sort of option in pvp are no better than the TRs exploiting SoD who were saying the same thing last mod. Complaining its the only way I can kill a DC. And combat HRS can contest a node with a pally all day. May not clear him but thats why you have teammates who can come help. Theres only 3 reasons to run this perma daze root thing. Either youre a bandwagon jumper and not really a good HR to begin with and you see other jerk offs running it and figure hey why not. Or, youre a troll which then i could maybe understand because it is really frustrating for a player to be locked down like that in pvp and could be very funny thinking about that person raging at their screen. Or, youre someone who was picked on as a child and think this is finally your time to shine.
  • Options
    bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hey timeforsquishing, don't put all trappers into the same boat. Not all of us are playing trapper because of the "trolly build" besides if you go full trapper you'll end up with the permadaze anyway even if you don't want to. I don't play combat because to me a ranger is supposed to be ranged and do not like the melee playstyle of that branch. I'd rather go TR or a swordie instead if I wanted to play melee.

I think the biggest disagreement between players on this matter is if whether or not it's WAI. To me the answer is quite obvious: the devs wanted it to be working the way it is now. Asking to nerf this feat without considering balance among classes or without looking at the bigger picture is just absurd. CW have desintegrate and lots of cc, DC can be an undefeated godlike tank for a very long period of time, HRs have the ability to daze a lot. To each its own.
    Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    bertrandx wrote: »
    I think the biggest disagreement between players on this matter is if whether or not it's WAI. To me the answer is quite obvious: the devs wanted it to be working the way it is now. Asking to nerf this feat without considering balance among classes or without looking at the bigger picture is just absurd. CW have desintegrate and lots of cc, DC can be an undefeated godlike tank for a very long period of time, HRs have the ability to daze a lot. To each its own.

Uhhh no. Just because the devs haven't attended to this perma-daze BS doesn't mean it's WAI. There are tonnes of other more serious game-breaking bugs and mechanics out there that needs fixing first. They took a whole module to fix TR perma-daze, us HRs will just have to wait some more. But it WILL get fixed at some stage of that I am sure.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Exactly and the perma daze doesnt happen unless you slot crushing roots and use the proper rotations to make it so. So again its indefensible. And absolutely ridiculous that anyone would think its wai. The only HRs who are defending this are ones that are running it and already feel bad about it on some level i hope. Because who can sit for 10 seconds or more in front of a rooted opponent whittling them down thinking wow this awesome im really glad they gave this ability to my class this mod. I don think an hr should be able to kil a dc or pally 1v1 either. And a cw has control powers because its in their name. No such thing as control ranger.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    You are right, to daze, HRs have to slot crushing roots. EDIT: I made some simplifications in my mind that might not make sense to other HRs, so yes I agree with you when you say that to make permanent daze it requires a specific build. Using the same exact build but without crushing roots is also a viable way to go for pvp.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think trapper HR should work CCing some but mainly interrupting players if not dodged.
    May be reducing the duration of roots and dazes in PvP, making them interrupt the enemy and increase the damage cause right now it's ridiculous compared to what TRs/GWFs/CWs can pull out.

Also, increase base movement speed a lot cause the class feels not mobile enough without the set bonus. 30% faster movement speed
    imho would be enough.

There you have permadaze trappers fixed and class balanced.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I won't suggest any solutions because first of all I don't have access to the kind of data people who run this game have and secondly I'm not interested in doing it, I leave it to the devs.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    I think trapper HR should work CCing some but mainly interrupting players if not dodged.
    May be reducing the duration of roots and dazes in PvP, making them interrupt the enemy and increase the damage cause right now it's ridiculous compared to what TRs/GWFs/CWs can pull out.

Also, increase base movement speed a lot cause the class feels not mobile enough without the set bonus. 30% faster movement speed
    imho would be enough.

There you have permadaze trappers fixed and class balanced.

Can you already understand, the dazes ARE SHORT! Very short! What makes them broken is frequency. You may nerf them to be 0.0000001 sec duration, but they'll still interrupt the hell out of your opponent making him stuttering in inability to use a single ability nor dodge.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Can you already understand, the dazes ARE SHORT! Very short! What makes them broken is frequency. You may nerf them to be 0.0000001 sec duration, but they'll still interrupt the hell out of your opponent making him stuttering in inability to use a single ability nor dodge.
    mehguy138 wrote: »

that's why you need to slot short animation encounter
    change you encounter setup.. you doing PVP here not PVE with all your big gun on encounter setup for easy kill
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How to handle Gush bug
    The issue is the cool down resets the 2 range encounters while the bleed ticks which is about 4 seconds then you get .75 seconds on constrict and .5 seconds on bind. For about 3 rotations then got to hit with gushing again to start over this is a problem for new players because they panic. So take a deep breath GF let it damage build up your encounter then smash them there damage is so low due to Hr damage is not working correctly so are not doing much damage. Once they get out of rotation the melee encounters are weak. TRs and CW you can handle this very easily. DC this is a joke to you damage is so small cant even dent you. HR slot disrupt in daily when you are hit with this push disrupt about 3 times one will go thru and stop your daze as well as fox will shift you out of it .MY HR only has problems with gush bug when against 2 or more on one I do see some of the best in class running with a low hunter ranger that's using this bug guess hes a new guild member and they run 4 premiums and 1 newbie but once they get him geared up he will switch encounters for more effectiveness so you are toast if hes running with the pack but you are toast if he is not there any way with a normal PUG
    hope this helps big key is don't panic wait your chance
    see all in GG

this is probably the weakest of all the bugs in the system and really gets way to much attention
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For now, is weak due Roots not being affected by ArP... yet, some players, have difficult times agains it... which is obvious, no a single class shall be able to "perma root" a target, ever.

Correct need Arm pen fixed where it applies correctly as well as tic on gush needs to not reset cool downs also damage on all of Enounters are about 20 to 30 % lower than normal due no aspect of serpent and armor pen issue. I still think most of the ones using this bug are probably taught the skill from others more concerned about wins than character

See all In GG
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    HR is build around crit (mine, without any enchant and bad PvE Gear, has 25%). So, if i gear him into "PvP", crit rate should be around 40% with A. r8 . Which is translated as "1 crit per 2 hits or 3 hits at max", which means, that "interrupting" a target is viable thanks to "trapper's cunning" (25% chance to proc) + "Crushing roots" (+1 sec [lets turn it into 0.5 on PvP] per weak Grash roots).
    let's corrected your suck math calculation shall we?
    here is my toon valid data
    i got 47% crit change from 21 Wis and 9.2k critical strike stat + broadhead arrows feat (archer tree +5% crit change on range stance, for me to pick this i sacrifice Serpent's bite and trapper cunning which you being complain here)
    le's say i become BIS and got my crit change become 50%
    1s daze is for strong grasp and 0.5s is for weak grasp
    50% crit change*25%(trapper's cunning) = 12.5% change to apply 0.5s(weak grasping)-40%cc resist from burning set = 0.3
    so 12.5% change to apply 0.3s dazed? and do you aware about RNG in this game? and do you aware this can only be perform by BIS toon?
    you know? i don't even take trapper's cunning because it's sucks 5% crit change is more worth for me
    The problem is not that, the problem comes from "Gushing wound", which can procs T3+ Trapper's tree in a really short time (and i will take this example as a "non-crit hit"), making all "refresh" passives proccing and making "range stance" encounters have 1 or 2 CD. Pro pvp players like Marnival are just pro enought to kill the HR before this happends... but, us, mere mortals, will be affected by "Crushing roots" AND "Thorned roots" (not "ancient roots", as i stated previously) each 2 or 3 seconds, transtale this as "while the last TR finish, HR applies a new one". Due unstop, GWF-class can handle it without any problem, but all other classes will have real troubles dealing with this besides MI TR (ITC) and both OP and GF (due the dailies).

yes HR can perform permaroot to 4 class HR.CW,DC,OP and perma root is Trapper HR "cheese" highlight
    so you say permaroot is OP? guess again.. is permaroot OP compare to what other class capable of?
    please look at you own class cheese mekanic.. because personaly for me HR got no cc breaker, the worst damage dealer after DC, crappy dodge, got no 100% crit mekanic, and 100% deflec mekanic,exct

Regards
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    yes HR can perform permaroot to 4 class HR.CW,DC,OP and perma root is Trapper HR "cheese" highlight
    so you say permaroot is OP? guess again.. is permaroot OP compare to what other class capable of?
    please look at you own class cheese mekanic.. because personaly for me HR got no cc breaker, the worst damage dealer after DC, crappy dodge, got no 100% crit mekanic, and 100% deflec mekanic,exct

Regards

**WARNING** Straight up Mockery in Progress
    "yes mod5 TR can perform permadaze to 3 class HR.CW,DC and permadaze is Scoundrel TR highlight
    so you say permadaze is OP? guess again.. is permadaze OP compare to what other class capable of?
    please look at you own class cheese mekanic.. because personaly for me my WK TR got no cc breaker, the worst damage dealer of them all, crappy DR, got no easy broken exploit that reduces recharge time so much, and no 100% deflec ITC"

Of course, mod6 came, we were destroyed. You're trapper broken shi* is going down. Only a matter of time. Enjoy while you can.

**WARNING** Hypocrite Alert in Effect
    ■ To all citizens of Neverwinter, please be extremely cautious for there are hypocrites around
    ■ If due to any process you've seen, or identified a hypocrite, please notify the authorities
    ■ Please do not approach a hypocrite, they are extremely braindead and volatile
    ■ If someone says one thing against someone else, but retains a double standard for himself, be suspicious

...I actually counted the seconds until one of you filthy, broken shi* HRs dropped a root on me. just to see how long it went.

For 26 seconds straight, nothing was possible. Couldn't move even a step. Couldn't dodge. Couldn't activate powers. Stealth didn't matter since CCs reveal. Couldn't use any kind of retaliatory attacks, or Couldn't even throw a single CoS shot despite mashing the button.

Seriously, anyone whose ever been in a fight against Scoundrel TRs know that the Trapper HRs are like three times worse.

"uhh uhh but we can only root for max 5 seconds on ideal conditions!"

Don't make me laugh.
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Trapper HR trapped you and you died. BROKEN. Fools are getting farmed by the class they feel entitled to beat. I love it. <3
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    just spamm their name in the chat, because all should know who is part of destruction of PVP imo
    Comment of a HR from premade-s.ucker-group heavily bug abusing and permadazing opponents spamming in the end 1 vs 1 , 2 vs 1 , 3 vs 1:
    "What bug should that be my friend?"
    me: " Perma daze ppl"
    him: " works as intended"

so conclusion: These player are so hypocritical, they even don´t admit they are cheating or are so dumb that they don´t understand it.
    but i am sure hyppocritical selfish id.iot fits better, since it just goes confrom to the ppl i meet in these threads
    yes HR can perform permaroot to 4 class HR.CW,DC,OP

warlocks also get permadazed .... no, they can´t get out... no, shadowslip is not the solution
  • Options
    gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    The Trapper HR trapped you and you died. BROKEN. Fools are getting farmed by the class they feel entitled to beat. I love it. <3

LOL. Trapper can kill a bad TR, pls fix immediately. KTHXBAI
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    **WARNING** Straight up Mockery in Progress
    "yes mod5 TR can perform permadaze to 3 class HR.CW,DC and permadaze is Scoundrel TR highlight
    so you say permadaze is OP? guess again.. is permadaze OP compare to what other class capable of?
    please look at you own class cheese mekanic.. because personaly for me my WK TR got no cc breaker, the worst damage dealer of them all, crappy DR, got no easy broken exploit that reduces recharge time so much, and no 100% deflec ITC"

Of course, mod6 came, we were destroyed. You're trapper broken shi* is going down. Only a matter of time. Enjoy while you can.

**WARNING** Hypocrite Alert in Effect
    ■ To all citizens of Neverwinter, please be extremely cautious for there are hypocrites around
    ■ If due to any process you've seen, or identified a hypocrite, please notify the authorities
    ■ Please do not approach a hypocrite, they are extremely braindead and volatile
    ■ If someone says one thing against someone else, but retains a double standard for himself, be suspicious

...I actually counted the seconds until one of you filthy, broken shi* HRs dropped a root on me. just to see how long it went.

For 26 seconds straight, nothing was possible. Couldn't move even a step. Couldn't dodge. Couldn't activate powers. Stealth didn't matter since CCs reveal. Couldn't use any kind of retaliatory attacks, or Couldn't even throw a single CoS shot despite mashing the button.

Seriously, anyone whose ever been in a fight against Scoundrel TRs know that the Trapper HRs are like three times worse.

"uhh uhh but we can only root for max 5 seconds on ideal conditions!"

Don't make me laugh.

permaroot is counterable permadaze TR mod 5 is not counterable
    HR CR is not permadaze.. it's constant interupt and it's counterable
    TR being permaroot? so you must be a nub pug who don't understand there is encounter named ITC
    stealth reveal is not exists please don't make me laugh
    and you already admit that TR is OP before once again i thank you for that
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    just spamm their name in the chat, because all should know who is part of destruction of PVP imo
    Comment of a HR from premade-s.ucker-group heavily bug abusing and permadazing opponents spamming in the end 1 vs 1 , 2 vs 1 , 3 vs 1:
    "What bug should that be my friend?"
    me: " Perma daze ppl"
    him: " works as intended"

so conclusion: These player are so hypocritical, they even don´t admit they are cheating or are so dumb that they don´t understand it.
    but i am sure hyppocritical selfish id.iot fits better, since it just goes confrom to the ppl i meet in these threads

warlocks also get permadazed .... no, they can´t get out... no, shadowslip is not the solution

yes SW can be permaroot, permadazed? no sorry it's constant interupt
This discussion has been closed.