Install Arc
Options

Getting stunlocked by rangers in pvp

Comments

• Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks to admit that repel can counter HR constant interupt
    when you use repel on HR you mess HR melee rotation and forest ghost is daily with 30s cd and can be interupt
    you complain about HR dodge when CW got a better shifting dodge
    you are the one complain and i guide you but you tell me to l2p? You are a funny guy
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Being a GWF, I have yet to come across any HR that brings me much trouble in a 1 vs 1 situation, maybe I just haven't came across the good ones yet @_@

For the average ones, they could stunlock me for quite a while, but with the pitiful damage they do, all they are doing is help me stack my negation and more DR buffs, once there's a gap in their rotation and we go unstoppable... we usually make them cry... :>

Not sure about other classes though....
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    icyphish wrote: »
    Being a GWF, I have yet to come across any HR that brings me much trouble in a 1 vs 1 situation, maybe I just haven't came across the good ones yet @_@

For the average ones, they could stunlock me for quite a while, but with the pitiful damage they do, all they are doing is help me stack my negation and more DR buffs, once there's a gap in their rotation and we go unstoppable... we usually make them cry... :>

Yet there is a GWF and claims that he gets beaten by HRs, so badly that he has to jump around forum and cry about it. Probably he needs some helps from you.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    trpotatosyndrometrpotatosyndrome Member Posts: 110
    edited May 2015
    utuwer wrote: »
    Yet the OP is a GWF and claims that he gets beaten by HRs, so badly that he has to jump around forum and cry about it. Probably he needs some helps from you.

Not sure if you lack reading comprehension or just a brain overall.

The OP plays a Cleric, and it's right there in his signature too.

You must be a TR with such potato-level retardation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i told u guys B4 im halfling with valindras and 800 ctrl resist and still get stunlocked to death by wonder ranger in his scrub rank 7s. GJ cryptic
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dodgo wrote: »
    i told u guys B4 im halfling with valindras and 800 ctrl resist and still get stunlocked to death by wonder ranger in his scrub rank 7s. GJ cryptic

Honestly speaking, from a more realistic point of view, DCs should ALWAYS tag along with a heavy DPSer, they do the healing and the DPS would stun/interrupt/put the pitifuls down. I personally dont think you need to worry about this stunlock thingie, cus once you found yourself a team that knows how to protect you, its only then your true value reveals. DCs are NOT ideal soloing, they only become a real pain once they have some heavy DPSer around them :O
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Not sure if you lack reading comprehension or just a brain overall.

The OP plays a Cleric, and it's right there in his signature too.

You must be a TR with such potato-level retardation.

Opsy, my bad. I mistook the OP with another guy.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    icyphish wrote: »

Yes, GWFs have a free "get out of jail" card with their TAB (when it works, usually it does). Some classes don't. DCs for instance must heal themselves and cast specific spells to build DR (astral shield). Since I also have to build divinity to make my spells somewhat useful, it's even trickier to do when your best opportunity is a 0.5s gap in daze every 20s or so.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Yes, GWFs have a free "get out of jail" card with their TAB (when it works, usually it does). Some classes don't. DCs for instance must heal themselves and cast specific spells to build DR (astral shield). Since I also have to build divinity to make my spells somewhat useful, it's even trickier to do when your best opportunity is a 0.5s gap in daze every 20s or so.

If you wanna get the cc breaker roll GWF
    if you wanna able to heal and become semi immortal roll DC

It is that hard to counter HR with sunburst? You just don't wanna change your encounter setup and become immortal like in mod 5
    like it or not with CR HR in mod 6 make pvp much balance to force CW and DC to use knockback encounter that tone down CW dps ability and DC survival ability
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    piejal wrote: »
    If you wanna get the cc breaker roll GWF
    if you wanna able to heal and become semi immortal roll DC

It is that hard to counter HR with sunburst? You just don't wanna change your encounter setup and become immortal like in mod 5
    like it or not with CR HR in mod 6 make pvp much balance to force CW and DC to use knockback encounter that tone down CW dps ability and DC survival ability

I said several times i had sunburst on my spell bar. I still don't have time to cast it when i'm dazed for 20s or so.
  • Options
    xxxgriessonxxxxxxgriessonxxx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think its funny how every game-breaking feature has its vigilantes defending it 24/7 on the forum
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i just recently started my trapper in pvp.. but im only in pvp blues and i get rolled all the time.. in accordance my damage is pitiful to say the least. I get rolled all the time.

Im sure heavily geared hrs are much different..

I will say though, without the stun locking , I wouldnt be killing anyone at all. overall hr seems to be only in a good place via this build.. weather in pve or pvp.

I dont think they have it balanced right, some reduction of rotation might be required, but they would need more damage to make up for it.

and. lets be honest lenny, without them locking down our dcs, they would have nothing.. except the exploiters and thier effing enchants.

No hr will do anything against either a pally, gf or dc without them.

Im not here to defend said build, I wouldnt mind some different tools in the bucket for the HR.. and some burst back to the class, its pretty pathetic atm.
  • Options
    gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    You aren't one of those Trappers that is dumb enough to get into melee range of a TR? If you are, I can understand why you are so angry with the TR.

Oh and how exactly are we supposed to find TR on a node? You know we don't have too much time, because we die in roughly 10 cos. So we run, jump and shift around trying to find the TR asap and of course we will sometimes get into melee. The only way you can see a TR is being very close to them, so your advice not to get to melee range is, well, dumb.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Question for anyone that has noticed or tested:
    Does the Crushing Roots stun only apply when the encounter that applies the root is activated, or on every tick of the root (Thorned Root)?
    Does Ancient Roots increase the Thorned Root ticks from 2 (per second) to 6 (over 3 seconds)?

After another run in with 3 seperate "perma stun" HRs today in GG, I am starting to think it is the interaction of Trapper's Cunning with Crushing Roots that is resulting in the "perma stun".

Does Lostmauth set proc Trapper's Cunning?
    Also, Thorned Roots appears to be an all or nothing crit. Both ticks (no Ancient Roots) either crit or don't crit.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Question for anyone that has noticed or tested:
    Does the Crushing Roots stun only apply when the encounter that applies the root is activated, or on every tick of the root (Thorned Root)?
    The daze only applies when the root activated. I personally have never seen Thorned root critical ticks proc Trapper's cunning when I tested on dummies.
    Does Ancient Roots increase the Thorned Root ticks from 2 (per second) to 6 (over 3 seconds)?
    It actually ticks 7 times (including the initial tick from the encounter) over 6 seconds.
    Does Lostmauth set proc Trapper's Cunning?
    I do not have this set so I cannot answer this question.
    Also, Thorned Roots appears to be an all or nothing crit. Both ticks (no Ancient Roots) either crit or don't crit.

Yup, it depends on the encounter that proc strong root. If it crit, all Thorned root ticks will crit.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I said several times i had sunburst on my spell bar. I still don't have time to cast it when i'm dazed for 20s or so.
    you are never dazed for 20 sec. your dazed for.5 of a second and there is a gap imbetween each .5 seconds where you can use encounters.BUT that doesnt mean we like crushing roots. weve said over and over how we dont like it and we need our bugs fixed and damage buffed to get rid of crushing roots and be balanced otherwise we would be dumped in pvp and pve immediately.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

please link me a vid of a test that you totaly stunlocked in 20s with burning set 40% control resist then we gonna discuss, before that the only thing i can say to you is l2p
    if what is you claim was right that you totally stunlocked for 20s.. then DC need a nerf because they can't be killed LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It actually ticks 7 times (including the initial tick from the encounter) over 6 seconds.

wrong root duration effect half on PVP
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    please link me a vid of a test that you totaly stunlocked in 20s with burning set 40% control resist then we gonna discuss, before that the only thing i can say to you is l2p
    if what is you claim was right that you totally stunlocked for 20s.. then DC need a nerf because they can't be killed LOL
    im gonna be honest with you man i agree with you and you should keep going but your gonna run out of breathe on the forums. youll explain this here and another thread will pop up claiming the same false info. same thing happened with trs tbh.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    wrong root duration effect half on PVP

Opsy, I mean that for PvE. In pvp, the duration gets reduced by half so it only ticks 3-4 times. The number of ticks seems to depend on the target's cc resistance. I will update this when I pvp on my HR.

Also, control bonus from all sources (artifacts, stat, gears) does not effect root duration.
  • Options
    trpotatosyndrometrpotatosyndrome Member Posts: 110
    edited May 2015
    Opsy, I mean that for PvE. In pvp, the duration gets reduced by half so it only ticks 3-4 times. The number of ticks seems to depend on the target's cc resistance. I will update this when I pvp on my HR.

Also, control bonus from all sources (artifacts, stat, gears) does not effect root duration. This is a well-known bug.

Why the hell are you talking about PVE in a PVP section?

You must be a TR with that Potato thinking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Why the hell are you talking about PVE in a PVP section?

You must be a TR with that Potato thinking.
    i was um thinking that myself.but im a lot nicer.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ralexinor wrote: »
    HRs are not as weak as people think they are, nor as they as strong as other people think they are.

In terms of 1v1s with other classes, this is what HR is currently at (talking about BiS gear/build levels - no, this is not your bad spec'd, non-FOTM HR):

HR vs TR: TR wins. You won't even win against scrubs if they're geared. CoS spam is too uncounterable, and your burst damage capability is too low.
    HR vs GWF: 50-50, if GWF manages to land crit rotation with Destroyer stacks up, GWF wins, if HR can outheal and avoid the damage, HR will win. Until avalanche procs, that is.
    HR vs GF: IV GF loses to HR, SM GF should win, but only if they can one rotate. Oh yeah, this applies usually, up until you get totally wrecked by 30k avalanche procs. This is why I don't stay anywhere near pink GFs when I'm fighting them.
    HR vs CW: 50-50, HR is naturally weak to CC from CWs, but CWs are also weak to HR dazes, so it will depend on build, skill and ping. Lagging even minusculely against a CW using Spell Twisting is pretty much instant KO unless you use Oghma's Token.
    HR vs DC: stalemate against Faithful, not sure about DPS DCs though. With fire wheel, might be possible to win against a Faithful DC.
    HR vs OP: stalemate, until the OP oneshots you with that daily that you missed your dodge on, after you dodged the first 3. With fire wheel, I think it might be possible to win against an OP.
    HR vs SW: honestly, I think the HR loses here, unless you go full permadaze spec. Also depends on where the fight is. Offnode? Good luck. On node? WB is a pain, but if you time dazes properly it's probably a win. If they're (ab)using wheel multiprocs? Run away or use your own.
    HR vs HR: HR with higher ping should hit ESC, and "Exit". Or whoever crits CA first. GG random interrupts. I didn't even know HR 1v1s still existed. Not since Module 5 Trapper.

That being said, the dazes, roots, procs and other BS that the HR is right now is pretty dumb. Roots needs to be changed to be dodgeable. Swiftness of the Fox and possibly Forestbond should be reworked. With cooldown reductions like that reduced in effectiveness so that encounters and dazes aren't totally spammable, I think Crushing Roots (dazes) should be okay, although a cooldown may still be in order (something like 5 seconds on strong root dazes, and 2-3 seconds on weak roots, possibly longer though).

However, if you do nerf those things, you need to buff HR damage. HR is very reliant on procs for damage right now, such as the Lostmauth set, Thorned Roots, and some other things, and even then you still need a good amount of time before you can kill people. HR damage will only get worse once they fix Armor Penetration resistance in tenacity (which currently does not work at all, so tanks take a lot more damage than they should). I dislike the fact that HR is so reliant on procs now. It'd be nice to have things like Thorned Roots toned down so that it's not a crucial part of your damage, while having damage of encounters and powers that need targeting and take some sort of skill to land, such as Fox Shift, increased so that they're worthwhile slotting (Fox Shift - currently worst damage dealing power in PvP for HRs right now; exaggeration, but you get the point).

Right now, as it stands, PvP HRs have some of the worst per-encounter damage as it is. Overall damage is more "damage per second" rather than "burst damage", as is the meta right now, which I guess is why HR /can/ be considered weaker in certain settings. Overall, over time, HR does deal more DPS than most other classes (running ACT logs, I actually will end up dealing more damage than a DPS spec conqueror GF in a standard PvP match), but it's not as fast as other classes. This is why you need to spec for survival as well as damage - a dead HR does no damage. A PvP DPS race over time, you should win over most classes because HRs have the most continuous DPS out of all classes. TRs, of course, being the exception here.

Buff HR base damage (do NOT increase damage on the weapons, or you can and will break many many things with the class and make it OP), put an ICD on the roots (separate strong and weak roots, please), nerf Swiftness of the Fox and Forestbond so that spamming encounters continuously is no longer a thing (there is absolutely no reason to defend this BS). That should give people less reasons to complain about HRs, while still giving HRs something to counter other classes with as well.

Also to the people asking where all the "top pvp hr players" have gone - they're still here. Just not generally inclined to reply to BS.

Yours sincerely,

Sandstorm Varracht
    you guys ignored one that wrote *yours sincerily* lol
    well everything its right...crashing roots should be deleted by the game and in its place something about a crazy damage boost should be implemented.
    i dont feel well with the the swiftness propose...its basically the trapper meaning of being and i would fight for it every day. Forestbound is overkilling tho. should be reworked too.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    you guys ignored one that wrote *yours sincerily* lol
    well everything its right...crashing roots should be deleted by the game and in its place something about a crazy damage boost should be implemented.
    i dont feel well with the the swiftness propose...its basically the trapper meaning of being and i would fight for it every day. Forestbound is overkilling tho. should be reworked too.

forestbond is only overpowered mixed with trapper cunning.
  • Options
    gom8gom8 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is seriously getting tedious. I don't play a ranger so I can't tell how they're doing that, but being stunlocked (not even rooted, I don't have time to cast a single spell) with 40% CC resist from tenacity, with a full burning set, is getting old. We either need more tenacity on pvp set, an increased CC resist, or HRs control need a serious balance pass.

Not being able to play at all until my character dies isn't fun in any way.

i came here to defend this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, because i see it all the time.. but NOW that i read the thread mentioned LATER in these messages, i see how HR(s) are doing it most likely and that IS bull****.. i was told/thought that was fixed 3 or 4 patches ago along with the lostmauth super procing bug... but to be able to have all our range attacks reusable within .75 to 1 second that is stupid and that WOULD be possible to daze lock just about anyone..

(won't explain the bug here it is in the other thread.. but it is NOT using that "rotation" of all 6 encounters that most trappers use.. it is CLEARLY exploiting a bug with 1 skill)

always wondered why i could fight 20HR(s) and it was a fun though silly fight of him/her and i trading roots/dazes and then suddenly i would come across one who just dazed/rooted me like crazy.. figured i had a bad ping that game or something..
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    gom8 wrote: »
    i came here to defend this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, because i see it all the time.. but NOW that i read the thread mentioned LATER in these messages, i see how HR(s) are doing it most likely and that IS bull****.. i was told/thought that was fixed 3 or 4 patches ago along with the lostmauth super procing bug... but to be able to have all our range attacks reusable within .75 to 1 second that is stupid and that WOULD be possible to daze lock just about anyone..

(won't explain the bug here it is in the other thread.. but it is NOT using that "rotation" of all 6 encounters that most trappers use.. it is CLEARLY exploiting a bug with 1 skill)

always wondered why i could fight 20HR(s) and it was a fun though silly fight of him/her and i trading roots/dazes and then suddenly i would come across one who just dazed/rooted me like crazy.. figured i had a bad ping that game or something..
    well landing that move is near impossible on anyone competent so i wouldnt worry too much it will be fixed.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well landing that move is near impossible on anyone competent so i wouldnt worry too much it will be fixed.

Landing 1 melee encounter & then spamming 2 ranged encounters without interruption doesn't really seem impossible.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Landing 1 melee encounter & then spamming 2 ranged encounters without interruption doesn't really seem impossible.
    believe me that melee encounter has a nice windup and is easily avoided just walk out of its range or dodge it. both super easy ive yet to be hit once with it.
This discussion has been closed.