test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Oathbound Paladin

Comments

• animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    went into IWD PvP with my buddy who is also a 70 Paladin, but he has done alot more clicking, a coule Mythic lvl artis, crafted mainhand , elemental offhand etc. etc.

We skirmished against a number of very high end classes, DC's, GWF's TR's and a particularly rediculous CW (he had 19k Power, 107k HP......) But outside of that CW, no one was able to do any damage to anyone ?

Even my 70 pally, which stillw earing a few non special items, practically no tenacity gear, and mix of rank 8'9's and 10's, even I was completely immortal, why?

I skirmished wioth a nasty lookin DC, but the entire fight was 0's, he couldnt hit me, i couldnt hit him.. wth?

ISSUE: Utilizing 2 abilities, Mark yoru atrget for 60 seconds for 50% increased damage at rank 4, and Circle of Power combined, you can 1 shot **** near anything with the Damage Daily we have (I cannot rmember the names im sorry)

my friend demonstrated through my Guard, through about 30k in temp HP, a 1 shot kill on me for 160k, 570k vs the training dummies.

Is this to be intended as such? Make us completely unkillable, buff our AP gain and then just 1 **** things once our daily is up?

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is this to be intended as such? Make us completely unkillable, buff our AP gain and then just 1 **** things once our daily is up?

This require that you 1 mark target (easy enough) land 3 hits with an encounter that takes 5 sec for each hit then have circle up 50% uptime then daily up and that target dont dodge/avoid the daily.

Now compare that to the once every 6 sec dissintergrate doing 100k + damage spell cw have atm.
    Alot of things are broken right now on preveiw my hr is bugged and does 50k+ damage with at wills so I wouldent speculate to much about what does what and focus on reporting broken stuff as buggs instead.

But i can tell you this when it comes to putting out damage the Paladin will not be the threath you should worrie about and when it comes to being immortal dc is far far ahead of any pal so far on test + the cc and damage from them is also alot more.

All in all having played my pal from lvl 1-69 with lvl 11-12 enchantements he is redicules underpowered compared to my hr or dc. I also have teamed up with some Tr and the damage they do with cc and survivabily due to hide makes alot to wish for when it comes to the paladin class even if we still have to see the last feat path.

Any class that has the ability to one shot others is a serious misstake but as they are now adding alot of tenacity as well are increased arpen resist in pvp and alot more hp we still dont know what the end result will be. Iwd is from what i gathered also bugged out and if it still is as before the damage in iwd is alot more then other zones.

Best
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So about dmg i really can not understand how could Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande almost destroy Neverwinter with this dmg.
    Being 3rd ed probably kinda helped, plus by that point she'd gone Blackguard anyway.
    Having an army at her back didn't hurt either I guess.
    -- but players they are not "evil"
    bro do you even Zonechat? :confused:
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    Being 3rd ed probably kinda helped, plus by that point she'd gone Blackguard anyway.
    Having an army at her back didn't hurt either I guess.

That, and I think she had Bane backing her at the time... And the help of a Deity goes a LONG way in power.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My choice whether to roll a Paladin once Mod 6 is live pretty much rides with Justice. And that is a bad thing
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited February 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    This require that you 1 mark target (easy enough) land 3 hits with an encounter that takes 5 sec for each hit then have circle up 50% uptime then daily up and that target dont dodge/avoid the daily.

Now compare that to the once every 6 sec dissintergrate doing 100k + damage spell cw have atm.
    Alot of things are broken right now on preveiw my hr is bugged and does 50k+ damage with at wills so I wouldent speculate to much about what does what and focus on reporting broken stuff as buggs instead.

But i can tell you this when it comes to putting out damage the Paladin will not be the threath you should worrie about and when it comes to being immortal dc is far far ahead of any pal so far on test + the cc and damage from them is also alot more.

All in all having played my pal from lvl 1-69 with lvl 11-12 enchantements he is redicules underpowered compared to my hr or dc. I also have teamed up with some Tr and the damage they do with cc and survivabily due to hide makes alot to wish for when it comes to the paladin class even if we still have to see the last feat path.

Any class that has the ability to one shot others is a serious misstake but as they are now adding alot of tenacity as well are increased arpen resist in pvp and alot more hp we still dont know what the end result will be. Iwd is from what i gathered also bugged out and if it still is as before the damage in iwd is alot more then other zones.

Best

well, hunter is completely broken lol

Hunter can keep you stunned/dazed for like 30 seconds a clip and then insta stun you right away after that, they can even stun you through your Shield/Sanctuary.
  • lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    emilemo wrote: »
    My choice whether to roll a Paladin once Mod 6 is live pretty much rides with Justice. And that is a bad thing

If justice doesn't fix the problems paladins have they should start over from scratch and actually listen to their players instead of doing their own thing and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up even more.
  • maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why do you guys think Justice will be this classes saving grace. If the Viability of this class hangs on its dps tree there something wrong with that Or theirs something wrong with the player not the class.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah I agree. the Justice tree shouldnt be the saving grave of an entire class. That just putting a bandaid over a gunshot wound.

There are fundamental problems with the Paladin right now that needs to be addressed at a basic level.
  • lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah I agree. the Justice tree shouldnt be the saving grave of an entire class. That just putting a bandaid over a gunshot wound.

There are fundamental problems with the Paladin right now that needs to be addressed at a basic level.

I completely agree but the same could be said about the whole game. Don't get me wrong I enjoy
    playing neverwinter but they should've let us choose what roles our classes played by choosing skills
    to determine our roles instead of essentially forcing us into a role of their choosing.
    edited February 2015
    I completely agree but the same could be said about the whole game. Don't get me wrong I enjoy
    playing neverwinter but they should've let us choose what roles our classes played by choosing skills
    to determine our roles instead of essentially forcing us into a role of their choosing.

Yeah but you see, this is Cryptic's MO. This is how they operate. They begin to make a game and manage to make some really cool things. Things that keep people playing even after all other shortcomings have become evident. But then they fail to communicate, always. Considering the amount of testing and the number of forum threads we've done their feedback is zero in comparison. They dont address our questions, they simply drop patch notes with changes that more often than not make no sense at all. Take the Paladin here:

1) WE told them he has no damage thus, even with the hard taunts, he fails as tank - what did they do? - they nerfed our best dps aura ( AoC)

2) We told them the Paladin's encounters are way too similar - they all give either temp HP or a damage shield, REDUNDANT - what did they do? Nothing.

3) Every day since BETA we tell them about bugs, exploits etc. What do they do? They mostly dont even acknowledge our feedback.

So yeah, this is Cryptic for you. When there is a problem they ignore it, they act as if it doesnt exist.Star Trek Online is in the same shape. Champions I dont know, havent logged in there for a long time. All of Cryptic's games run on life support.
    edited February 2015
    pages broken?
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They do seem to be broken. theres 2 more pages after this current page that are shown but I cannot visit them.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    nope Justice is not the save grace of this class lolz its is interesting but still not the saving grace. cause this tree is yet another badly described tree nothing in it particularly destroys foes.

Feedback Justice tree
    Why do we need Extra Control strength we really don't have any thing that CC's a target on the lvl of like entangling force Or Bull strike

Swift Flash is also kinda redundant especially if its only a chance when you can just take radiant champion and stem the tide to handle movement or impair a targets movement.

Also with this tree we have no Deffence what so ever so i would suppose you guys bringing Vigilance down to a T3 feat instead of a T4 feat so we at least have some kinda protection if the capstone is gonna be tied in with divine call.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just from looking at it, Justice is a weird not-so-hot scattershot of buffs and heals and cooldown reductions with the only two feats that directly help your damage coming right at the end of the tree. Those two feat's tooltips written out below:

Purifying Fire (5th column): Your at-will powers apply "Purifying Fire" to foes. "Purifying Fire" stacks up to 5 times, dealing a 2/4/6/8/10% weapon damage each time a stack is applied. This damage is doubled each time a stack is applied to the target. Purifying Fire lasts 60 seconds, but is removed when you strike the target with an encounter power.

Vengeful Judge (capstone): Your Divine Call now also applies "Judge" to yourself for 10 seconds. Judge increases your damage dealt by 35% as well as reducing the cooldown on your currently recharging powers by 33%. Your encounter powers have a chance to immediately grant you a charge of Divine Call.

Vengeful Judge seems useful but what comes before it... not so much.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Echoes of Light

Only resets the cooldown of Burning Light. No other power is affected.

Edit: I believe I was wrong about this. Seems to be working fine now that I figured it out.

The floater texct that tells you that you have Echo only appears after the power that consumed it is used. There is a tiny icon that shows up when Echo is ready, but I feel that's not a good indication. As of right now, you need to look at everything that's affecting you, determine which one is Echo, and keep looking for that one specific icon out of the many that are on you.

Bug: Vengeful Judge

It does nothing. There is no extra damage, no cooldown reductions, nothing. No indication of this feat activating at all.

Feels good off of first impression. The damage of the later stacks are respectable, especially when using the quick Shielding Strike to get those stacks back as soon as possible.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Feedback Vengeful judge Purifying Fire
    Purifying need its dmg buffed to about the same amount as Jagged blade for GF and its need to not conflict with the capstone feat I mean wtf who makes the restriction on thees feats cause some of them are pretty dumb Also vengeful judge works like only 5% of the time.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Radiant Strike seems to have a longer cast time, but I don't think Radiance added 5% Armor Penetration before.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug Paladin: equiping my gauntlets rings cause Cryptic error .
    Also i cannot equip any stuff on my ring and gloves slot.

BUG: I cannot respec to justice tree each time i do it the tree reset to zero.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This remains ineffective. Its not even worth hitting Tab to activate it. Its like the weak pathetic version of the GF mark that you can use only some of the time. My suggestion is to put the damage punishment and some sort of mark sign on affected enemies. At least then when enemies ignore the mark (as they pretty much always do) you will contribute to the party still.

This feature is basically useless, at least while levelling. If you are going full tank option you take so little damage that this feature will never activate.

The VFX that illuminates the enemy is way too much, just the mark on the ground is enough to see which enemy is affected by this power.

This power feels quite weak especially when compared to the other AoE powers that the Paladin has.

These 2 powers seem to be in the opposite order. Shielding works regardless of your oath, while Oath only works fully once you have an oath that you get 10 levels after you get access to Oath Strike.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • ameonneameonne Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG: Bond of Virtue + feat Echoes of Light
    "Bond of Virtue" immediately remove "Echo" effect.

BUG: Bond of Virtue + Vow of Enmity + Prism feat + Burning Guidance (devotion path)

That combo procs Burning Guidance few thousand times in second, dmg stop when dummies have 0 HP. That makes big lag.

Screens:
    l5aj7yD.png
    BiBSTt4.jpg
    edited February 2015
    BUG: feat Echoes of Light
    Feat remove CD on other encounters instead of that i used.

BUG: feat Radiant Champion
    Feat stacks from other OP`s in range, so with 5 OP we can be faster than a mount :]

Screen:
    c0xe3pc.jpg
    edited February 2015
    BUG: Transcendend Lightning Enchantment + Vow of Enmity + Circle of Power?
    I didn`t tested it personally but after using that powers and few strikes form at-will Lighting start dmg loop. From that what i know it only work on 3 targets.

Here some screens:
    5ES7CN5.png
    ipAwZG5.jpg
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    justice tree is a disappointment, there is only 1 feat i like, all the paladin trees are boring support <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, rename the class for some dumb ****** cleric, its NOT a paladin
    Paladin Master Race
    edited February 2015
    BUG: feat Flash of Light + Bond of Virute
    Bond of Virute rapidly procs Flash of light on allies.

Screen:
    Jsx60X8.png
    edited February 2015
    BUG: Flash of Light
    Decrease artifact CD.

BUG: Vngeful Judge

Decrease artifact CD.
  • agcdphagcdph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Will there Paladin get a mount? It has been iconic to paladins from the begining. Maybe a special one from the mount vender at 20 that increases tiers as the paladin gains levels. Just saying. :)
    edited February 2015
    Latest patch feedback:

- There is so much broken stuff I dont even know where to start. Justice capstone seems to have a mind of its own . I can see a dps build for solo PVE. Group tanking and PVP I just dont see it. Wont roll a Pala on Live thats for sure
    edited February 2015
    Latest patch feedback:

- There is so much broken stuff I dont even know where to start. Justice capstone seems to have a mind of its own . I can see a dps build for solo PVE. Group tanking and PVP I just dont see it. Wont roll a Pala on Live thats for sure
    edited February 2015
    Justice capstone doesnt work in Protection

Relentless Attacker does not generate tab
    .. so much broken stuff this time
This discussion has been closed.