test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Oathbound Paladin

Comments

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Do you really think GF will ever slot KV agan with 20-30% dr w/o regeneration or at least 30 % LS?

With a daily uptime of up to 90% on daily (or with a dc) am pretty sure some will.
    But its rather beside the point nothing a pally can offer a party atm is better then what other classes already can. Pal as it stands do not add anything of value to a party but the role play feeling.

That said am sure that a party with a pal can do any contend in this game just not as fast and effective as if he is replaced by a dc or gf or cw or sw or hr for that matter.

Paladin class is not going to fill some spot in a party because of its ability to run dungeons smother faster or more easy as it is and if the community dont think playing paladin for the feel of it is fun enough it will be very very few of them running around for sure.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    1. No dps -- I agree with you here; unless you take the Justice capstone OPs will do very low damage (Devotion OPs especially).

2. No party buff/debuff? That's what paladins are all about:

Decrease damage taken by allies: Sanctuary, Banishment (Devo), Aura of Protection (Prot), Shield of Faith..

Increase Temp HPs to allies: Templar's Wrath (Devo)

Cleanse CC effects on allies: Cleansing Touch

Increase stats to allies: Oath of Devotion (whenever you heal allies), Aura of Gifts (Light feat tree)

Increase Recharge Reduction to allies: Aura of Wisdom, Flash of Light (Justice tree), Radiant Charge (Justice tree)

Increase Incoming Healing (boosting regen and LS) to allies: Aura of Restoration (Devo)

Increase damage done by allies: Aura of Courage, Aura of Vengeance, Aura of Wrath (Prot - as your HPs decrease)

Increase damage taken by foes: Bane

Decrease damage done by foes: Aura of Truth, Smite (Prot), Bane

Except for Bane, all of these buffs are AoEs.

3. Do not understand party role? Devotion OPs are healers, an alternative to Virtuous/Faithful DCs in dungeons. Protection OPs are tanks, an alternative to GFs in dungeons. That seems quite clear.

Just sayin, OP is filled with group buffs.... what do you think the auras are?
    edited March 2015
    Just sayin, OP is filled with group buffs.... what do you think the auras are?

A poor replacement for what other do better would be the answer to that.

Listen NW is a dps game not the holy trinity with tank-healer-dps(utility) if a class cant contribute to more or the same dps as others while others dont need your inferior utilitys the chanse of you getting picked is rather slim to be nice about it.

Paladin need to add something better then others to compeate and franky they dont simple as that.
    The only good thing is that some prolly want to play Paladin and as the content are easy enough so they dont need the best possible set up.
    But dont count on getting invites when lfg because they will pick other classes before those playing paladin we seen that before and as all gwf gf tr hr well know its not very fun being excluded because you play an inferior class in pve..
    edited March 2015
    that wasnt really aimed at you but its not like i dont understand what your getting at. mod 6 end game pvp in general is going to be a joke but for PvE content I dont think anyone cares enough anymore to be racist (classist) in choosing who goes in with you.

But why would you not want a Pally in the group? as of right now, all you need is to go heavy on crit and power, AP generation , rank 4 enmity and power circle and boom your hitting 500k Dailies while the entire dungeon combined is doin 0 damage to the pally.

Granted, I would rather have my current Live server SW instead of any tank class lol since it can practically solo eLOL
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    that wasnt really aimed at you but its not like i dont understand what your getting at. mod 6 end game pvp in general is going to be a joke but for PvE content I dont think anyone cares enough anymore to be racist (classist) in choosing who goes in with you.

But why would you not want a Pally in the group? as of right now, all you need is to go heavy on crit and power, AP generation , rank 4 enmity and power circle and boom your hitting 500k Dailies while the entire dungeon combined is doin 0 damage to the pally.

Granted, I would rather have my current Live server SW instead of any tank class lol since it can practically solo eLOL

The point is paladin gf and GWF sentinel all 3 will be onesooted by Garakas.

Why we need even one?

0 damage to the pally? you talk about the bugged daly do you really think they will not fix this ?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    But its rather beside the point nothing a pally can offer a party atm is better then what other classes already can. Pal as it stands do not add anything of value to a party but the role play feeling.

That said am sure that a party with a pal can do any contend in this game just not as fast and effective as if he is replaced by a dc or gf or cw or sw or hr for that matter.

Paladin class is not going to fill some spot in a party because of its ability to run dungeons smother faster or more easy as it is and if the community dont think playing paladin for the feel of it is fun enough it will be very very few of them running around for sure.

This attitude is why I only run dungeons through my guild or the Legit channel.

"Either your class is better than all the others or it's worthless" leads to all the 4 CWs+DC or 3 CWs+TR+DC or whatever the current meta is for the fastest CN clear. Having the CN run take 5 extra minutes does not make a class worthless.

This is getting rather off-topic, but how do you expect the devs to make each new class the best, or else you consider it worthless? If the new class is the best, doesn't that make the old classes worthless now?
    edited March 2015
    This attitude is why I only run dungeons through my guild or the Legit channel.

"Either your class is better than all the others or it's worthless" leads to all the 4 CWs+DC or 3 CWs+TR+DC or whatever the current meta is for the fastest CN clear. Having the CN run take 5 extra minutes does not make a class worthless.

This is getting rather off-topic, but how do you expect the devs to make each new class the best, or else you consider it worthless? If the new class is the best, doesn't that make the old classes worthless now?

WAY OFF TOPIC

But do people REALLY use Legit? talk about NOT Legit

no but the Defender specced OP you can literally just fight and fight all day without taking damage and use your Daily (the damage one i cant remember names) which royally owns players hard and Ive seen it hit PvE bosses for 500k
    HR however can Completely wreck tghe OP on test server lol but im sure that wont stay like that for long.

Also, I do not honestly see a Current Paladadin getting one shotted by Garakas in E SOT and how would a GF get one shotted? Theyc an actually block the attack?
    Bro, Garakas can barely 1 shot my SW in eSOT, granted I HAVE to have min 40k HP , warlocks bargain and Vampiric up ^^
    edited March 2015

Yea well think of it a bit as a race with cars-some are fast some are better in urban settings while others have great acceleration etc etc.
    Now to compeat in this race you dont pick a car that is cool looking but dont have either but just a slow steady speed with no advantage what so ever.

Yea some will pick the cool looking car because its all that matters to them but it will be few between, the devs challange is to come up with some new setting that makes it unique in its own way whether its new mobs instances or dungeons that demand new stuff or that the car is extra good when it rains etc etc.

When i tested playing pal from lvl 1-69 ( bugged out now with black holes and I refuse to do it over again) it just dont cut it its just a car moving slow with nothing unique about it that would make me want to pick that model.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    When i tested playing pal from lvl 1-69 ( bugged out now with black holes and I refuse to do it over again) it just dont cut it its just a car moving slow with nothing unique about it that would make me want to pick that model.

Another mans trash is another mans treasure just course you will not play it dose not mean another person will not. Any way the same people said the same about the HR when that class launched and back then they actually complained it got to much armor pen and a whole bunch of other things about it. Then it got a buff now people complain about it doing to much dmg with to much surviverability. The point is dont worry about it doing dmg or what ever at launch cause its gonna get a buff or to post launch that will make it OP. Worry about its skill and feats working
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrdraqomrdraqo Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1. No dps -- I agree with you here; unless you take the Justice capstone OPs will do very low damage (Devotion OPs especially).

2. No party buff/debuff? That's what paladins are all about:

Decrease damage taken by allies: Sanctuary, Banishment (Devo), Aura of Protection (Prot), Shield of Faith..

Increase Temp HPs to allies: Templar's Wrath (Devo)

Cleanse CC effects on allies: Cleansing Touch

Increase stats to allies: Oath of Devotion (whenever you heal allies), Aura of Gifts (Light feat tree)

Increase Recharge Reduction to allies: Aura of Wisdom, Flash of Light (Justice tree), Radiant Charge (Justice tree)

Increase Incoming Healing (boosting regen and LS) to allies: Aura of Restoration (Devo)

Increase damage done by allies: Aura of Courage, Aura of Vengeance, Aura of Wrath (Prot - as your HPs decrease)

Increase damage taken by foes: Bane

Decrease damage done by foes: Aura of Truth, Smite (Prot), Bane

Except for Bane, all of these buffs are AoEs.

3. Do not understand party role? Devotion OPs are healers, an alternative to Virtuous/Faithful DCs in dungeons. Protection OPs are tanks, an alternative to GFs in dungeons. That seems quite clear.

pkt 1 no dps this is fact
    pkt 2 that was the plan dev's and all buff-debuff is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-working max 50ft from pladin - CW standing close take agro the whole trash -and dies
    pkt 3 dc is much better buff-debuf( No party buff/debuff? That's what dc are all about ) and much much much better dps nv is dps game - you choose it?. GF have shield and his sheld is regen(have feat and power regen block) OP -nothing. GF- have reflection-take dmg, reflection in OP is small OP have only temp HP in fight Boss faster ends stamina and temp HP (OP die or escapes )
    BUG: not always established shift
    This is my opinion. I played a lot in NV but boring collection of RP and one correct form for PVE (CW) and one PVP (TR) kills this game lack of balance.
    Feedback: Tank must have a good dps and survival - collect mobs take agro and survive . Then help the team :)All buff/debuff are of secondary importance
    edited March 2015
    Another mans trash is another mans treasure just course you will not play it dose not mean another person will not. Any way the same people said the same about the HR when that class launched and back then they actually complained it got to much armor pen and a whole bunch of other things about it. Then it got a buff now people complain about it doing to much dmg with to much surviverability. The point is dont worry about it doing dmg or what ever at launch cause its gonna get a buff or to post launch that will make it OP. Worry about its skill and feats working

Sometimes you need to back out from your own earlier statements and stop defending for the the cause of defending.
    Trash becomming a tresure dont cut it and hr never been wanted in pve even to this date what you talk about is pvp and even in pvp hr are few and far between.

Now you ask us to not to worrie about if the Paladin is trash but to worrie about if its skills and feats are working at all it shines through your text that its a last line defence for an obviously very bad class.

If you where the designer of paladin i and it was your baby your effort would be admirable in a lojal sort of way now it just stands in the way of truth that the Paladin either gets a rework while time still is(maby it already run out) or its dead in the water which about 99 % of all that tested have written here(it might be that if 99% say something they might have come the some conclution you refuse to see or?).
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Sometimes you need to back out from your own earlier statements and stop defending for the the cause of defending.
    Trash becomming a tresure dont cut it and hr never been wanted in pve even to this date what you talk about is pvp and even in pvp hr are few and far between.

Now you ask us to not to worrie about if the Paladin is trash but to worrie about if its skills and feats are working at all it shines through your text that its a last line defence for an obviously very bad class.

If you where the designer of paladin i and it was your baby your effort would be admirable in a lojal sort of way now it just stands in the way of truth that the Paladin either gets a rework while time still is(maby it already run out) or its dead in the water which about 99 % of all that tested have written here(it might be that if 99% say something they might have come the some conclution you refuse to see or?).

Sorry if you don't like were i am coming from but were this far into having the class and they have danced around all this time and haven't given the class a proper boost In dps yet so whats that tell you. Any way i am being real what you and any one else should worry about now is the classes feats and skills working properly cause i have and certainly most others have taken the hint that there not gonna boost the class DPS in a meaningful way any time soon i will be shocked and pleasantly surprised we get a substantial dps boost come this Friday or next Friday.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Sorry if you don't like were i am coming from but were this far into having the class and they have danced around all this time and haven't given the class a proper boost In dps yet so whats that tell you. Any way i am being real what you and any one else should worry about now is the classes feats and skills working properly cause i have and certainly most others have taken the hint that there not gonna boost the class DPS in a meaningful way any time soon i will be shocked and pleasantly surprised we get a substantial dps boost come this Friday or next Friday.

Like where you coming from ... **** I even admire you and your dedicated never ending hard trying lojal standing to the Paladin class... It seams to be your class indeed.
    People like you even turn a pink fluffy shimmer all around you making everything seam more likeble and nice but even with that in mind Paladin is my favorite class in the D@D world always been and prolly always will be and it hurts to see them make a secondary squire of something that should stand as front figure in the battle against evil.

As it is now he be lucky if he is allowed to carry the potions and tend the horses to the other classes.......
  • lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Like where you coming from ... **** I even admire you and your dedicated never ending hard trying lojal standing to the Paladin class... It seams to be your class indeed.
    People like you even turn a pink fluffy shimmer all around you making everything seam more likeble and nice but even with that in mind Paladin is my favorite class in the D@D world always been and prolly always will be and it hurts to see them make a secondary squire of something that should stand as front figure in the battle against evil.

As it is now he be lucky if he is allowed to carry the potions and tend the horses to the other classes.......

Why do people like you make it sound like you speak for the whole community (old and new)? We
    don't know how the paladin will end up in the long run so saying the paladin is dead before it's even released or given more polish after release is pretty lame. I agree with Voltomey in that for now it's
    better to worry about skills and feats working as without them working as they should the paladin
    would be dead as on life support as nobody wants to play a broken character that should've been fixed
    while it was being tested instead of waiting till after being released to be fixed.
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited March 2015
    Don't mind marnival he and shweifer have thier own preconceived notions about the paladin probably because this game is so dps-centric.
    Don't know what characters they run but it cant be protector GF because pally actually hits harder and faster than that particular model of GF.

They don't understand how it works. This is basically a "fake" paladin anyway to test skills and if and how they work. The one at launch will have "some" improvements and down the road they will likely have more (see dps cleric) but thats just my "speculation" and educated guess because as voltemey said ranger was considered by many to be a terrible class (not my opinion ever) but it got buffs down the road and now its better than it ever was.

It's like building a house and this is the foundation the actual house will look much nicer after they build the rest then renovate it.

and at least they upped the weapon damage i scored a 14k crit with smite and upwards of 5k or more each at will this is using level 62 gear btw. A prot GF could never hope to accomplish that without knights challenge.

disclaimer- i am not disparaging anyone with this statement on purpose if you feel insulted i automatically apologize.
    edited March 2015
    Don't mind marnival he and shweifer have thier own preconceived notions about the paladin probably because this game is so dps-centric.

Might be true my experiance of testing classes in games only go back to Ultima and EQ 1 beta until today so who knows what some more exerianced testers will think.

I been here since beta I been on every preview and as mentioned it gets harder and harder for a new class to to find a place that isent already taken.

I can only see the facts of how it looks on live server atm, classes like cw with aoe dam+cc, sw with very high damage+even group healing utility, gwf at its high with bleed and dc with party damage boost ablititys + proction and heals are dominating the landskape gf gwf hr and tr all been far behind even if tr had some hights when camp fire running was common.

My goal with the testing is to point out the flaws of the new class not finding something that works but are inferior to something already existing.

Facts are as i see it:
    NW is a dps oriented game
    MW is a add heavy game
    NW is not in need of Tanks that must handle bosses
    NW need heavy steady dps from Tanks to maintain aggro(surly lacking in all)

Introducing a class that is inferior in;
    Healing to dc
    Dps to all classes
    Very little cc control for very short time
    Very little utility

in such a game as NW are in bad need of adjustments and will not be able to compeat with existing classes.

Now keep in mind that starting a new class in NW with the need to lvl all artifact gear get enchantments boons from earlier modules need a cerain lure for that extra effort.
    A new class actually need to bring something extra to the table and if it doesent it will be tested then discarded and placed as a praying/ledership boot among the other least played classes.

You might see something i dont but laying down the facts as I see it Paladin as class as it stands now just dont cut it.

Best
    edited March 2015
    Don't know what characters they run but it cant be protector GF because pally actually hits harder and faster than that particular model of GF.

They don't understand how it works. This is basically a "fake" paladin anyway to test skills and if and how they work. The one at launch will have "some" improvements and down the road they will likely have more (see dps cleric) but thats just my "speculation" and educated guess because as voltemey said ranger was considered by many to be a terrible class (not my opinion ever) but it got buffs down the road and now its better than it ever was.

It's like building a house and this is the foundation the actual house will look much nicer after they build the rest then renovate it.

and at least they upped the weapon damage i scored a 14k crit with smite and upwards of 5k or more each at will this is using level 62 gear btw. A prot GF could never hope to accomplish that without knights challenge.

disclaimer- i am not disparaging anyone with this statement on purpose if you feel insulted i automatically apologize.

I can do with lvl 70Protector GF 14-15 crits with at-wills encounters around 30-40 k daly 80k.

This is GF .

Now look on my lvl 70 GWF he can deal around 80-90 k at wills 250-500k encounters and 700k daly.

Or i can even increase those numbers by my CW he can hit almost 1 mill dmg with the new fancy encounter.

I dont know where you play but now i am 200% sure we are not on the same prev or i am not even sure you play NW.

just a note:
    In WotD regulat mobs have around 200-400 k hp .

I dont want paladin in the same positon like CW /TR or any DPS class but i want at leas deal the 1/3 dmg.
    To do dalys. And progess .

BTW i understand how this is work all DPS class come here and give fake feedback. Thnx for this .
    But i have right now 12 more lvl 60 well greaded chars i think if mod 6 will hit live i will learn my lesson .
    I favor my CW and my TR .
    And trow away my warriors .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited March 2015
    "You might see something i dont but laying down the facts as I see it Paladin as class as it stands now just dont cut it."

but see thats the thing mod 5 isnt like mod 6 its going to be quite different cws arent going to be able to fully heal themselves with lifesteal neither is anyone else at least not reliably especially in the dungeons where the enemies are getting quite an hp boost from now because of the extra levels you are correct there are other classes that can tank and heal but so what thats just another possible tank or healer. Thats what im seeing that you arent this paladin you are testing is a mere hollow shell.

and of course this class does need adjusting no one has said otherwise im sure and "eventually" it will be. You wouldnt live in just the foundation of a house would you? no, you would wait till it has walls and a roof. right now paladin has some walls but not all of them and until the walls are finished there will be no roof.

the enemies and bosses as well as players are all going to be changing drastically and this will likely make more room for more dungeons and gear and powerups.

thats how game development works.

yes currently on live no; you do not NEED a tank or even a healer but mod 6..... you might.

there is still a week and a half to go till launch and it will likely still be broken thats why we have to stop posting 100 pages of need more dps.... i think they got that info over and over 2 weeks ago.
    meh.

not gonna dignify that with any response but this one i main a tank GF 16.7k i also have 12 other chars that require maintence. No i am not a leetist or a dps fanatic tbh i hate the fact that nw is a game where the players hate on other classes because they dont do enough dps. It's silly that we even have these discussions here.

i do not treat people with disrespect unless they have done so to me first which you most certainly have and now you are but a mere figment of my imagination good day sir.
    edited March 2015
    "You might see something i dont but laying down the facts as I see it Paladin as class as it stands now just dont cut it."

but see thats the thing mod 5 isnt like mod 6 its going to be quite different cws arent going to be able to fully heal themselves with lifesteal neither is anyone else at least not reliably especially in the dungeons where the enemies are getting quite an hp boost from now because of the extra levels you are correct there are other classes that can tank and heal but so what thats just another possible tank or healer. Thats what im seeing that you arent this paladin you are testing is a mere hollow shell.

and of course this class does need adjusting no one has said otherwise im sure and "eventually" it will be. You wouldnt live in just the foundation of a house would you? no, you would wait till it has walls and a roof. right now paladin has some walls but not all of them and until the walls are finished there will be no roof.

the enemies and bosses as well as players are all going to be changing drastically and this will likely make more room for more dungeons and gear and powerups.

thats how game development works.

yes currently on live no; you do not NEED a tank or even a healer but mod 6..... you might.

there are still a week and a half to go till launch and it will likely still be broken thats why we have to stop posting 100 pages of need more dps.... i think they got that info over and over 2 weeks ago.

And after mod 6 you dont need tank too nothing is changed .
    By the way with 100k hp MY (18k GS in mod 5) cw easy cut down (lvl71)HE remoraz solo.
    Cuz Chaos Magic
    Dealing Damage to targets has a chance to apply Chaos Magic to yourself and allies within 50'. When you are affected by Chaos Magic you cannot be affected by a new Chaos Magic. You will be affected by Chaotic Growth, Chaotic Nexus, or Chaotic Fury.

Chaotic Growth - Heal yourself for 250% weapon damage every .5 seconds for 10 seconds.

Chaotic Nexus - You gain 30% additional Armor Penetration and Critical Chance for 10 seconds.

Chaotic Fury - You gain 30% additional Damage and 10% additional Life Steal for 10 seconds.

Chaotic Growth is full heal to your self too (total 40k hp from just one feat also boosted by power and incoming healing it will end up 70-80 k total heal).

Dont try to balance paladin vs mod 5 chars it will give you total fake pic.
    At least try other classes out look now on they DPS use act set timer to 30 min then give feedback .
    Try to balance paladin vs mod 6 lvl 70 chars vs all of them.
    edited March 2015
    but see thats the thing mod 5 isnt like mod 6 its going to be quite different cws arent going to be able to fully heal themselves with lifesteal neither is anyone else at least not reliably especially in the dungeons where the enemies are getting quite an hp boost from now because of the extra levels you are correct there are other classes that can tank and heal but so what thats just another possible tank or healer.

I suggest you try out aoe damage+dott with 6-7k life steal+ lifesteal boons. The last thing cw will need is a dc with new lifesteal that gives full DAMAGE BACK ON LIFESTEAL PROC..
    Put a lifedrinker on that and you got yourself a 25% AoE/dott throughing lifedrinking death machine cw/sw/tr that wont need a tank or dc more then a married man need a mother in law......
    edited March 2015
    I think giving the 1/3 DPS of currently king DPS classes will not make pally broken or powerfull .
    But it will help at least do dalys and making progress in this game and manage agro aganst high dps classes .
    To be honest pally need at least do GF protectors dmg.
    edited March 2015
    you all act like everyone has stuff like that i have a guild that is 3 guilds separated/joined. know how many of my guildies even have 19k gs and more than a normal vorpal? like 7 out of 1200. just sayin man.
    edited March 2015
    you all act like everyone has stuff like that i have a guild that is 3 guilds separated/joined. know how many of my guildies even have 19k gs and more than a normal vorpal? like 7 out of 1200. just sayin man.

That dont make it better it make it worse....
    A 16k cw or dc can manage just fine even so for a tr but a tank with that gs cant tank cant hold aggro and cant dps. Tanks need alot more gs to become valid then others so playing in a low gs guild just makes the Paladin so much worse as it is now....
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2015

14k crit with Smite seems high to you? Sorry mate this amount wont even register on my radar and Smite wont hit anything but another tank in PVP. Also for the record any GF can hit harder than that with a single target attack without KC.

The highest hit with my lvl 64 /scaled to 70/ Paladin was a 24k Relentless crit and this is still super low (we are not counting the 100k Crits of Divine Judgement since its a daily). Of course right now we cant wear gloves and helmets but I have a very good weapon ( Mace of the Holy Knight / 1500 weapon damage scaled to lvl 70) so my damage numbers are about as high as an average Pala can get.

For reference my GWF scaled to 70 has 1800 weapon damage ( legendary artie ) and hits for 150k IBS crits. I will not say the Paladin will suck once LIVE 'cause I cant know that. What I do know is that the Paladin sucks on Preview right now.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited March 2015
    Feedback- So was thinking on the aggro issue for the paladin and the solution to the problem may be simple.

Oathstrike causes enemies to strike the paladin for 2 seconds.... single target. What if the aggro but not the damage from oath strike was an aoe around the target and so was the force to attack could make the aoe from it around 15 feet but lasts only 1 second for non-main targets.

Another thing you could do is make smite hit in an area for the first hits damage. The problem is, that almost all attacks the paladin wields are ALL single target if you made some of them into multi targeting skills it will increase damage and therefore aggro and increase the ability to control mobs in an area its why GFs are so good at it; well that and marks.

Could also make sacred weapon "synergize" or stack and increase the time the main target is forced for both these skills.

Even vow of enmity could benefit from aggro in an aoe so long as people are striking the target.

There are very rare occasions that single target force taunts are needed especially inside dungeons so why not make some of them aoe.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG : Fey thistle vs Oathbound paladin

Fey thistle seems to just proc nonstop when near paladins, they dont actually have to deal ANY damage to you at all for this to proc.
    6fSa3JK.jpg
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
    edited March 2015
    Pls give us an option to instant lvl up paladin agan cuz we have black holes cant respec or do anything.
    So we cant test paladin now.
    We cannot delete and copy paladin from live as "panderus say to us".
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Paladin still unplayable, 3 item slots unusable and pressing the button next to that slot crashes client
    Paladin Master Race
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Sanctuary

Is woefully unreliable. You never know if it will;
    work at all,
    work after a delayed activation or
    work after spamming the shift key

Seeing as this is an important class mechanic and with Module 6 so close to release, I have serious doubts about the overall effectiveness of the OP. Couple this with the generally lacklustre paragon feats, this doesn't bode well.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Protection Paladin in IWD. Lvl 64 scaled to 70, died while fighting a duo of bears. Two miserable bears, one big and one small. Mama bear and little baby bear KILLED MY TANK PALADIN! The temp HP from Templar's Wrath got blown away by a single paw strike. How am I supposed to tank a 5-man dungeon if I cant handle 2 bears?

Im gonna stop now 'cause the rest of the things I want to say boil down to profanities and insults and you guys at Cryptic are not worth it.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
This discussion has been closed.