Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    UNSTOPPABLE

If I could pick ONE more change to the GWF, it would be that Unstoppable no longer generates Temp HP upon activation. INSTEAD it not grants you ~5% Temp HP each time you are struck during Unstoppable.

Currently its 8-16% Temp HP.

NEW: 5% each time you are struck (only once per second though).
    - This would be a MAX of 20% Temp HP from a 4 second Unstoppable (10% in PVP)
    - This would be a MAX of 40% Temp HP from an 8 second Unstoppable. (20% in PVP)

The TEMP HP gained should last outside/after Unstoppable ends allowing GWFs to use that temp HP towards their NEXT unstoppable.

This one change will help balance the class IMMENSELY
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    poor gwf scapegoat ;)...

well, nice changes assuming that the gwf in preview will retain its current base (grand fissure with the spinning strike base (30k to 12k of power-lvl 60 - and so on). if dont, these changes are a little outdated for m6.

but need to increase the radius-range of WMS and ws to the same level of reaping strike so that will be a single target buff only.. details in lowerdeep;

reaping strike is a dead Atwill. just is possible to use if unstoppable. the only tree capable of that is the destroyer ... will be strong, but more in paper.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    25% buff isn't going to make reaping strike used or viable. There's still the whole move super slowly, having to charge to full to deal max damage, and worrying about being CC'd during this.

Plus some enemies need to be dodged because they use slow, hard hitting attacks.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    How is it going to work if you are trying destroyer in PVP, you build up 2-3 stacks of Destroyer (Feat) and a Pally Banishes you...

You just lost your stacks. Same with Weapon Master... Lose stacks.
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Seems like a big nerf to intimidation, unless im not understanding how this is going to work.
    10k power was 3500 base damage.
    125% weapon damage is what 1500 base damage?
    From 61 on power scales terrible.
    What am I missing?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    Seems like a big nerf to intimidation, unless im not understanding how this is going to work.
    10k power was 3500 base damage.
    125% weapon damage is what 1500 base damage?
    From 61 on power scales terrible.
    What am I missing?

It IS a nerf, However new weapon damage will be much higher (2400+) However classes will have over 100k HP.

So it will end up hitting for probably less than the BIS GWFs hit currently, but its not based on power meaning you can stack other things.

All that said, even if it still crits for 30k itll only be 1/3rd someones life instead of 60-70% of their life... So comparatively its about a 50% nerf in total damage.
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's a huge buff to Sentinel tanking, and there are plenty of other tools still available to a pvp GWF. Soloing will go a little slower, possibly, although the buff to atwills may well offset that.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    lol nobody is still going to use reaping strike
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    25% buff isn't going to make reaping strike used or viable. There's still the whole move super slowly, having to charge to full to deal max damage, and worrying about being CC'd during this.

Plus some enemies need to be dodged because they use slow, hard hitting attacks.

To be honest, if Reaping Strike ends up doing similar damage to Intimidation after these changes then I can see my Sentinel using it in PVE
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    jackedbrahjackedbrah Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    lost it at the reaping strike changes

NOBODY will use that still.

but the rest of the changes are awesome. I wonder how intimidation will be. probably way weaker.

most gwfs will probably pick destroyer now for PVP. Sentinel is now a PVE tree.
    Elitist dooshbag

Guardian Fighter main. I will never switch to Paladin even if we're a dying breed. GF for ever!

Main alts: Great Weapon Fighter, Control Wizard.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Split shot got another buff due to archery. Just spam it quickly for crits and an extra 50% weapon damage.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lol nobody is still going to use reaping strike

I certainly will. And have been.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    We are making some adjustments to GWF sustained throughput as well as remove some debuffs that were rather difficult to understand on the fly. Additionally the Swordmaster buffs will also affect Guardian Fighters. These buffs should help round out several powers that were underperforming and improve GWF damage overall, putting them in a more competitive place in longer fights.

Great Weapon Fighter
    Unstoppable: No longer reduces the damage of At Will powers.

Reaping Strike: Damage no longer decreased for hitting multiple targets.
    Reaping Strike: Damage increased by roughly 25%.
    Reaping Strike: Determination gain while charging Reaping Strike is now increased by 25% base (up from 5%) and now gains 10% per rank (up from 5%).
    Reaping Strike: Damage Resistance granted while charging Reaping Strike has been increased to 20% (up from 8%).

Sure Strike: Damage of the final strike increased by roughly 30%.

Wicked Strike: No longer does reduced damage when hitting multiple targets.
    Wicked Strike: Damage of the final strike increased by roughly 15%.

Swordmaster: Weapon Master's Stirke: Damage increased by roughly 50%.
    Swordmaster: Weapon Master's Stirke: Debuff now lasts 6 seconds by default and gains 2 seconds per rank (up from 3 and 1 respectively).
    Swordmaster: Weapon Master's Stirke: No longer does reduced damage when hitting multiple targets.

Great Weapon Fighter: Feats: Intimidation: This feat now deals 25/50/75/100/125% of your weapon damage (instead of scaling on your power). This damage is amplified by power. Intimidated targets now take 100/200/300/400/500% more threat from you (up from 10/20/30/40/50%).
    Great Weapon Fighter: Feats: Sentinel's Aegis: Now also passively increases threat generation by 250%.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

no no no no no no

This feat now deals 25/50/75/100/125% of your weapon damage out of 2k-2-3k ?
    and what do you mean its amplified by power?
    by Damage bonus from power?
    why not crit severity , mark , combat advantage, STR ?

and if you want to keep it like that
    we need lower COOLDOWNS ON CAGI AND DARING SHOUT, cuz if the changes remain as you said, problem is that we will have
    14 seconds and 16 seconds for CAGI and DARING SHOUT.

AND THAT IS A HUGE GAP OF SECONDS UNTIL WE GET ANOTHER ATTACK.
    WE NEED AT LEAST 10 seconds CAGI and 12 seconds DARING SHOUT if you want to keep the stuff as you changed it.

if not u need to give more more than 25/50/75/100/125% of ur weapon damage, because if my weapon damage is 2k ? my base damage on those encounters is like what? over a little of 2k ? THIS IS BAD ! REALLY BAD !

sentinel feedback

intimidation : this feat should be changed from 35% power , to 200% damage out of weapon damage keeping the same formula multipling with power/crit severity.
    Powerfull challenge: should give 350% threat increase and not 15% more damage on mark, meaning that you take away the 15% damage and add it to the base damge of the gwf.
    i dont know if it's intended the double mark of daring shout + threating rush, but if you get a double debuff on them we should know if it's wai or not.

DaringShout and Comeandget it when you use it it should grant the same buffs to the entire team, not only to yourself so that will give him utility and play as a support. the cooldowns of this 2 encounters should be decreased with 3(daring shout) and 2(cagi) seconds.

THAT IF MY ARTIFACT WEAPON WILL HAVE 4000 weapon damage, than this changes are good. but with
    DaringShout and Comeandget it when you use it it should grant the same buffs to the entire team, not only to yourself so that will give him utility and play as a support. the cooldowns of this 2 encounters should be decreased with 3(daring shout) and 2(cagi) seconds.

and what about Wicked Strike: from Artifact weapon ? how much that DEBUFF WILL LAST?
    and Destroyer class feat? increase it !
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Gentleman!! i forgot to ask you a thing for Reaping Strike!!!!

SUGGESTION : Mind if you make it CC inmune???? is a pain to charge it for almost 5 seconds just to be "interrupted" by a stupid attack which deals stun or daze or prone. On this mechanic, Reaping just could drain SPRINT bar to be CC inmune. ;)

Thats a good point. Give aimed shot the same love pls
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "Great Weapon Fighter: Feats: Intimidation: This feat now deals 25/50/75/100/125% of your weapon damage (instead of scaling on your power). This damage is amplified by power. Intimidated targets now take 100/200/300/400/500% more threat from you (up from 10/20/30/40/50%)."

125% weapon damage is clearly not enough, but there's this this little sentence "This damage is amplified by power." Let's hope it means more than the power modifier :)
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Thats a good point. Give aimed shot the same love pls

Sure why not, cause you need to stand in the middle of the enemy, open to any and all attacks while charging both RS and AS right.... wrong!

The change to Intimidation is a welcomed one, Im tired of these two AoEs being my only viable tools in PVP. We'll see how this affects the Senties overall damage output
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Devs are making Reaping strike a tanking tool, not a dps tool that ye all are crying for. And for that, it's almost there, just need to make the animation smoother to be more responsive, walking speed increased to that of shielding GF and CC immunity while charging. Then it would be perfect.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same sure strike and WMS r my main at wills. I may have change encounters in mod6, but for sure not those 2 at-wills, especialy not with those buffs.

Now, we still have one small problem with marking, since many dmg of right builded gwf comes from CA, marking sources we have r not enought, SM basicly can only use Daring shout (i kinda like it anyway, but when u lose aggro or such while using Daring shout, coz of cw or sw, and u miss those skills ur dmg is badly hurted) and sometimes finishing IBS, but u usualy r using IBS as ending rotation skill, not as opening one. We need at least one more marking source, maybe Weapon Maters passive:

Your critial hits are now temporary marking your targets.

But tbh it maybe anything else. Just give us another source of CA and mark, we r basicly loosing one dmg encounter (destroyers) if using daring shout, i would love to use another dmg encounter or battle fury in spot of daring shout and still have the ability to mark my targets.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

This discussion has been closed.