Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    Heck if any ONE of these seems too strong you could even make a "balance" between all of them and make changes to all the below:

1) Temp HP from Unstoppable now gives 10-20% (up from 8-16%)
    2) Unstoppable recovery now also gives 5% Temp HP as well as its 5% heal.
    3) Grit is changed to "Battlerager Vigor" but at 1/2/3% Temp HP each time your STRUCK in unstoppable.

And ofcourse ALL this Temp HP needs to last AFTER unstoppable ends as well. So it actually helps us outside unstoppable.

In talking about survivabiity, Another feature that is currently an underwhelming healing feature is...

Ferocious Reaction - Class Feature
    When your Hit Points drop below 15%, you regain 10% of your Hit Points, the foe that hit you takes that much damage, and you gain a Damage Resistance buff for 5 seconds. This can only occur once every 5 minutes. Rank 2: Cooldown: -60s, Hit Points Activate: +7,5%. Rank 3: Cooldown: -60s Hit Points Activate: +7,5%.

We can assume that with rank 4, it'll have a 2min cooldown, and activate at 37.5% Hp, Instead of being a little 10%
    (5% PvP) hp for a feature slot, would 20% TEMP hp (or 10% hp, 10% temp hp ) Be an overpowered change? keeping in mind this takes up a slot for bravery / destroyer / other features. 20% dmg back to the foe based on your max hp we can assume would be under 20,000 damage anyway, because at the moment I cant see GWF's getting too much over 100k hp without sacrificing a lot of other stats.

I don't want this to get too off the topic of the recent changes Crush announced though in case they get cleaned out and lost, Maybe some of this needs to be moved to the other thread. Though the sheer amount of comments about our survivability shows that a large majority of GWF feel the same.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Umm think again your forgetting the Hybrid builds, Mine currently is a Destroyer/Sentinel mix and has a destroyer capstone.
    Its a fun build, Cant wait till they get more of it done so i can start to see what monsters i can make out of all of this stuff :)
    Of corse now ill have to re-do all of it from the ground up, not looking fwd to having to do that since my current build was mostly a crit monster it will be real broken in mod 6.
    Kinda like killing an old friend that never let me down .. sad
    But on to new things i guess.

Not Forgetting Hybrid builds, thats why we mentioned the T1 sentinel feats. and such. Atm we're still tissue-paper compared to any other class even when we spec into some defensive feats and they go pure dps.

I cant wait to test out the damage increases though, Might make me reconsider the IV path. Any word on when they go live on preview?

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    I don't want this to get too off the topic of the recent changes Crush announced though in case they get cleaned out and lost, Maybe some of this needs to be moved to the other thread. Though the sheer amount of comments about our survivability shows that a large majority of GWF feel the same.

Well this is exactly right. The fact that I take my Sentinel GWF into PVP and literally (literally means literally) 1 shot from 100% to 0% with ONE shocking Execution is rather silly.

Is there anything I can do to avoid it? No.

Neither Sprint nor Unstoppable (even if I COULD use it) help out.

Even once I get access to unstoppable, ANY class just has to dodge 2x and my unstoppable is gone.

Our stamina gain is pathetic, Our survivability OUTSIDE unstoppable is a joke - even Dest or Insta DURING unstoppable are SUPER squishy.

We have no "sustainability" mechanic. Such as TRs ability to hop out of combat nearly on command or even use ITC/blood bath - or heck even DODGE to refill stealth.

We have no "block" that can be used on command to decide WHEN to mitigate or lessen the impact of incoming damage for longer periods of time.

We have no "Self regen" like CWs capstone Chaotic Growth - or their Shield in Tab which cannot be mitigated by DR that makes them tankier than a sentinel GWF.

We have no self healing like HRs "Wilds Medicine" - even if they dont go combat, trapper has crazy CC (we dont have a CC tree).

We have no self heals like DC with "Gift of Faith" able to literally heal them to full HP making it near impossible to kill them unless you get lucky crits or are 2v1 (or just a TR).

The only class thats in such a poor spot is the SW, which noone plays. however EACH class is given SOME tools for survival to help them heal/mitigate/avoid damage.

GWFs get <5 seconds of sprint that takes over 20 seconds to get back. This provides 30% more DR which is nothing.
    We also get Unstoppable providing between 4-8 seconds of CC immune + DR however we must FIRST LOSE 25%+ of our HP to gain it.

Imagine a TR who couldnt stealth unless he first lose 25% of his HP to then stealth for 4 seconds - worthless class right?
    Imagine a GF who couldnt block unless he lose 25%+ of his HP - and then he could only BLOCK for 4 seconds - again worthless right?
    I mean thats what its akin to.....
  • Options
    jackedbrahjackedbrah Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015

Give GWF's and SW's a COMPLETE DAMAGE IMMUNITY IN THE FIRST 3 SECONDS OF SPRINTING.

every class is immune to damage while dodging, I don't ask for immunity in the entire sprinting sequence since it would be overpowered, but just the first 3 seconds.
    Elitist dooshbag

Guardian Fighter main. I will never switch to Paladin even if we're a dying breed. GF for ever!

Main alts: Great Weapon Fighter, Control Wizard.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    jackedbrah wrote: »

Give GWF's and SW's a COMPLETE DAMAGE IMMUNITY IN THE FIRST 3 SECONDS OF SPRINTING.

every class is immune to damage while dodging, I don't ask for immunity in the entire sprinting sequence since it would be overpowered, but just the first 3 seconds.

With all due respect, this wont fix anything. A large part because when we lose no HP we dont gain determination. So our TWO "features" (Sprint and Unstoppable) actually work AGAINST eachother. Contrast that to a TR who each time they roll they GAIN stealth meter....

Also, its not the damage immunity that we REALLY need its an ability to somewhat self-sustain to stay in combat longer.

If you were going to address sprint I would say this:

- Reduce the TOTAL sprint "pool" by about 20% (This means instead of 5 seconds total run duration we would have 4 seconds)
    - Increase our stamina gain by ~30%. This means it would take us about 11 seconds to regen 4 seconds of sprint.
    rather than 18 seconds to regen 5 seconds worth of sprint.

This makes sprint a more viable tool - however we still suffer from lack of sustainability - this is why we NEED some form of either a heal, or increased Temp HP (as mentioned above).
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Well, i see with good eyes the NERF on intimidation: Is ludicrous that the TANK path can deal EVEN MORE BURST DAMAGE than the DPS path... this said, i already stated the main problems of SM destro path compared to IV Destro path or compared with all other classes, but i will focus on this one: the mark system.

All you know by far that i am against IV being a GWF-class path. This path is what brough that ****ty mark mechanic from GF-class and is the main reason on the HUGE nerf on the class' base damage. So, IMHO, the solution at this point shall be Remove the damage buff from marks and give it back to the class' base damage or, better yet on this mod6, to the at-wills, encounters and dailies damage, this way, the problem with the class' low damage will start to being solved and we can focus on other issues, like survivality or "support skills".

Move Powerful Challenger from T2 to T4 swaping places with Grudge Style[which needs a little rework "Sure Strike and Wicked Strike has up to 5% more critical SEVERITY and ALL At-Wills [reaping, Sure, Wicked, Weapon Master and Rush] at-wills generate up to 100% more threat"], and buff it (powerfull challenger) into "6% / 12% / 18% / 24% / 30% more damage to marked targets". This way, tanks will deal damage, agroo propperly and will not pick a lot of Destro or Inst feats (1 or 2 at max) while Destroyers will pick, at max, "Scale Agility" and keep going into their DPS tree... which, IMHO, needs a "increase target cap limit by +1 per rank" instead of the "runner" feat.

Ill be honest if SM had a viable targeted Gap closer like Threatening rush. I'd be all for using them, with or without the mark mechanic on top. Punishing charge just doesn't do enough damage or go far enough / isn't targetted

• Options
    alewarrior99alewarrior99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Great Weapon Fighter: Feats: Sentinel's Aegis: Now also passively increases threat generation by 250%.

REWORK :

Great Weapon Fighter: Feats: Sentinel's Aegis: Increases the effectiveness of your DEFENSE STAT by 50% (up to 20%). when you're in unstoppable u gain 10% DOUBLE HP TEMP (only with this talent) when u are struck in combat (each second) . Unstoppable now grants 40-80% DR and 10% Deflect Chance when activated..
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With all due respect, this wont fix anything. A large part because when we lose no HP we dont gain determination. So our TWO "features" (Sprint and Unstoppable) actually work AGAINST eachother. Contrast that to a TR who each time they roll they GAIN stealth meter....

Also, its not the damage immunity that we REALLY need its an ability to somewhat self-sustain to stay in combat longer.

If you were going to address sprint I would say this:

- Reduce the TOTAL sprint "pool" by about 20% (This means instead of 5 seconds total run duration we would have 4 seconds)
    - Increase our stamina gain by ~30%. This means it would take us about 11 seconds to regen 4 seconds of sprint.
    rather than 18 seconds to regen 5 seconds worth of sprint.

This makes sprint a more viable tool - however we still suffer from lack of sustainability - this is why we NEED some form of either a heal, or increased Temp HP (as mentioned above).

The only thing Sprint needs is to activate without any delay. You push the button you are sprinting. Right now we can be kited easily because Sprint activatation is delayed.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With all due respect, this wont fix anything. A large part because when we lose no HP we dont gain determination. So our TWO "features" (Sprint and Unstoppable) actually work AGAINST eachother.

This. The two features are antagonists. Avoiding damage versus taking damage. And against all expectations, mod after mod after mod the devs heve put more and more emphasis on running and less and less on unstoppable.

It's time for the devs to acknowledge that a Melee fighter is, well, a Melee fighter. Remove all the current effects of runaway (cc avoidance, damage reduction, whatever) and grant them to unstoppable. For the runaway feat, add the effect of filling the unstoppable bar. Yes, similar to the TR feats synergy.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    This. The two features are antagonists. Avoiding damage versus taking damage. And against all expectations, mod after mod after mod the devs heve put more and more emphasis on running and less and less on unstoppable.

It's time for the devs to acknowledge that a Melee fighter is, well, a Melee fighter. Remove all the current effects of runaway (cc avoidance, damage reduction, whatever) and grant them to unstoppable. For the runaway feat, add the effect of filling the unstoppable bar. Yes, similar to the TR feats synergy.

If you recall, the rework to Unstoppable was because " it was doing a little too good of a job in making us, GWFs, truly unstoppable ". I remember a few CW players who actually demanded a counter to Unstoppable. Somewhere along the line the devs caught on with that notion and continued making our class defining feature weaker and weaker. Thus we arrived at the point we are at right now.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    because the feedback brought and the data was showing the GWF was dominating in PVP , but it seems that the same DATA isn';t working with the TRs, like there are alot of TRs on the 5 pages, not because they are more than other classes , is just they are broken and win alot of matches, and for now i didnt seen a FIX atleast on their broken stuff. well thats all about TRs.

-unstopable should work like ITC, giving 100% deflect chance and our deflect severity should be increased too.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited February 2015

-unstopable should work like ITC, giving 100% deflect chance and our deflect severity should be increased too.

I rly hope its a joke...

• Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I rly hope its a joke...

ofc its a joke...
    you dont see the mechanic of the gwf?
    you need to be attacked to get your TAB
    you need to attack to get your destroyer stacks,weapon master stacks, destroyer class feat, hidden daggers , wrathful determination, you need to have your determination up, the new feet that gives speed, you need to attack to get it, you deal more damage when you are in unstopable on your encounters, you need to be damaged to get your 4 stacks on instigator, you need to deal critical damage to get weapon master and student of the sword. dont you see, every thing that gives something to gwf has requirments, and this is really a JOKE.
    tell me the chances of gettin all the stuff that i said? not even talkin about PVP cause its impossible to get all of them up.
    talkin about PVE, what are the chances to get up all the stacks, and beside that what are the chances to keep them up?
    only on BOSS fights you have the chance of gettin them up, and when you have all the stuff up, guess what?
    you CANNOT EVEN compete with the DPS of other classes can offer.
    so what is to be made?
    get RID of some .
    weapon master 16% crit chance if you get 5 stacks, what the hell ? in 3-4 mods i need to build the same stressfull stack system to get 30%?

why not when you slot weapon master you get 10% from the start, and 1% per stack, to make it worth?
    why not destroyer class feature , you get 1 stack per each enemy in your radius?
    and many more, there are many more changes to make the GWF better.
    its OKAI, you thinked of good ways of makin the GWF and bringin stuff, but please for god sake, you are adding more stacks to compensate the damage, the movement that other classes are gettin far faster than we do .
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Great Stacking Fighter.....
    seriously this class has a lot of things to stack. even the new feats has a stacking mechanic (Unfettered Strikes and Countless Scars)
    hot ****, can't we just get a straight up boost to ourselves instead of requiring us to stack 314159 times of various feats and class-features?
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ofc its a joke...
    you dont see the mechanic of the gwf?
    you need to be attacked to get your TAB
    you need to attack to get your destroyer stacks,weapon master stacks, destroyer class feat, hidden daggers , wrathful determination, you need to have your determination up, the new feet that gives speed, you need to attack to get it, you deal more damage when you are in unstopable on your encounters, you need to be damaged to get your 4 stacks on instigator, you need to deal critical damage to get weapon master and student of the sword. dont you see, every thing that gives something to gwf has requirments, and this is really a JOKE.
    tell me the chances of gettin all the stuff that i said? not even talkin about PVP cause its impossible to get all of them up.
    talkin about PVE, what are the chances to get up all the stacks, and beside that what are the chances to keep them up?
    only on BOSS fights you have the chance of gettin them up, and when you have all the stuff up, guess what?
    you CANNOT EVEN compete with the DPS of other classes can offer.
    so what is to be made?
    get RID of some .
    weapon master 16% crit chance if you get 5 stacks, what the hell ? in 3-4 mods i need to build the same stressfull stack system to get 30%?

why not when you slot weapon master you get 10% from the start, and 1% per stack, to make it worth?
    why not destroyer class feature , you get 1 stack per each enemy in your radius?
    and many more, there are many more changes to make the GWF better.
    its OKAI, you thinked of good ways of makin the GWF and bringin stuff, but please for god sake, you are adding more stacks to compensate the damage, the movement that other classes are gettin far faster than we do .

Well if u think im not iritated with those stacks u r mistaken, i can kinda understand destro capstone, WM stack r kinda easy to gain, but destroyer stack is a freaking pain. :/

Beside, in rly good parties u cant follow, i can overdps avergae party member, but hen u have 23k cw running around its a miracle when i even have a chance to pop unstopable, gaining destro purpose is imposible. yeah i know that, but i doubt they will give any changes to this mechanic, making them as passive boons. Heck, imo having all those boons passive, destro would not need any further changes.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I want to enter current LIVE PVP with the old Deep Gash just once. Ah, such balance would that be :cool:
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    we have the only passive proc that doesnt benefit from other dmg sources i think lol.

doesn't benefit but gets reduced by resistance oh my lord, how do GWFs sleep at night?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    nazghul22 wrote: »

Yes Stamina Spent = Determination Gain is another way to help balance out the class. This also could be put into the feats.

I know for each roll a TR gains 10% stealth. Since there is no "half" or "full" for TRs its just a full @ 5 seconds. I think it very reasonable that spending a FULL 5 seconds of stamina (sprint) SHOULD grant something like 25% of our determination bar.

This allows the two features to benefit from eachother. An obvious choice for this would be to re-work "Fast Runner" to be: Restore 5/10/15/20/25% of your determination when sprinting.

This would be in reference to the full bar of stamina being spent.

Whats funny though is even this change ALONE would not help because as I have stated before, other classes have so many defensive tools to SUSTAIN themselves in combat. GWFs dont have a tool to SUSTAIN themselves in combat.

Heck if you dont want to buff ANYTHING you could even just give GWFs "Fighters Recovery" - GF daily. This would atleast allow GWFs to have some form of "self-regen".

I still like my Temp HP Idea as it works the best with the class is is taking a PnP feature of the class and converting it to MMO-style play.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I rly hope its a joke...

severity shouldnt be touched but that(replacing DR with 100% deflect on unstoppable) would be one solution to ****ton of armor pen and dr ignoring stuff added in this mod
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    severity shouldnt be touched but that(replacing DR with 100% deflect on unstoppable) would be one solution to ****ton of armor pen and dr ignoring stuff added in this mod

Yeah I wouldnt mind this either TBH.

You could easily instead increase your deflect and deflect severity during Unstoppable instead of DR.

It would have to be a pretty big boost though, something like 25-50% Deflect and 15-30% Deflect severity could work.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015

You could easily instead increase your deflect and deflect severity during Unstoppable instead of DR.

It would have to be a pretty big boost though, something like 25-50% Deflect and 15-30% Deflect severity could work.
    i do not care much about the dnd feeling but deflect in every mmo isnt for nimble dex classes?
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    i do not care much about the dnd feeling but deflect in every mmo isnt for nimble dex classes?

Nope Deflect in d&d comes from armor what you wanted to say is doge or doge ac those are realated to HR TR .

Deflecting is somthing physically like you can only scrach the fighters armor and those dmg is half deflected.
    "deflection effects ward off attacks and improve your AC"
    Deflection is fighters tool but in D&D rogue can wear heavy armor too and build aroud str or int.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Yeah I guess it depends on how "RP" appropriate you want to be. However things like Tenacity dont really have a place, and when you give classes TONS of ARP because thats how you want to scale difficulty in PVE, then it messes with all the classes DR in PVP.

Im not really FOR that idea, as its only one smaller issue that GWFs will face next module, but the deflect idea is atleast A way to assist that.

WHY DO I SAY ARP IN PVP IS A SMALLER PROBLEM?

Well because even on LIVE right now GWFs are a useless class - especially when you take into consideration the only semi-viable build (intimidation) will be gone module 6, GWFs have zero viable builds and classes ALREADY 1 shot us, so it wont matter if they get buffed damage via ARP a 1 shot is still a 1 shot is still a 1 shot.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015

100% or nothing, i hate this RNG bull****, unstoppable needs to be reliable
    100% deflect @ 50% severity would be nice and we wouldnt get fkd up as much by armor pen, they could even make it 25%~30% severity for dps specs
    Nope Deflect in d&d comes from armor what you wanted to say is doge or doge ac those are realated to HR TR .

Deflecting is somthing physically like you can only scrach the fighters armor and those dmg is half deflected.
    "deflection effects ward off attacks and improve your AC"
    Deflection is fighters tool but in D&D rogue can wear heavy armor too and build aroud str or int.

just like a scale armor would work
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    100% or nothing, i hate this RNG bull****, unstoppable needs to be reliable
    100% deflect @ 50% severity would be nice and we wouldnt get fkd up as much by armor pen, they could even make it 25%~30% severity for dps specs

Well to get 100% deflect you dont need +100% deflect. If you already have 35% you only need 65%. Also that might make unstoppable too strong.

I think 50% deflect would be fine with added 30% severity. This means if you have a base of 35% deflect you will be REALLY sitting at:

85% deflect and 80% severity.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited February 2015

You are partially correct. There is another word for 'deflection', which is 'parrying'. However, a TR i.e. uses a parrying dagger, in order to deflect attacks, he does not dodge them, so it has nothing to do with nimbleness. Following this conclusion, a GF should imo have the highest deflect rate of all classes, because they have the biggest tool for deflecting/parrying, aka. 'a shield'.

---

Giving GWF more deflection does not make much sense, because they have no shield or parrying
    blade/dagger.

#But, they definitely are in need of more survivability.

This discussion has been closed.