test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    wowowowowowowowowowo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's not 5sec, not at all.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gwf needs better damage multipliers for all old aoe encounters and at wills it is stupid to have class with the strongest weapon and lowest damage on at wills and aoe encounters
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    what GWF needs:

1) Determination Gained by spending Stamina (About 1/4th a determination bar for full stamina spent)
    2) Temp HP from unstoppable given at the END of Unstoppable and the temp HP needs to be buffed up (from 8-16% to maybe 10-20%) This would give you 5-10% Temp HP (up from 4-8%) in PVP at the END of unstoppable.

Those TWO things will drastically improve QOL for GWF which right now are set to be the red headed step child in PVP in module 6.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the problem of destroyer + avalanch is the casting. In fact, the time out of combat seens a advantage, but is negative.

well, here's my list of suggestions and adjustments considering the new endgame.

* Sprint:

- General dr goes to 80% (unstoppable no longer grant dr ;)).

-Instigators Receive some anarchic bonus of stamina by damage taken.

unstoppable:

-determination is based on your dps. no longer by damage taken.

Increases your critical chance by 25% AND for 8 sec after the effect pass.

-During Unstoppable, you receive temporary hp based on 10% of your melee damage. (pure enforfina).

-Sentinels 15% extra dr when unstoppable.

Interaction melee / range.

-The Effect of daggers now stack. (30% melee damage)

-grand fissure is now Atwill (same damage / effect; now with a casting)

-Mighty Blade: grand fissure increases melee damage by 25% for 8 sec.

heroic feats

Tier 2:

-fast runner 3x points (5/10/15%)

-Endless assault 5x points (3/6/9/12/15%)

Tier 3:

-Steely stack 3 points: 7/14/21%

-Grit have 5 points+ rework: temporary hp = 3/6/9/12 / 15dr ;)

general:

Buff sure strike in + 50%

I agree with the new class feature be based on stamina.

steel blitz: back to the book concept (critical damage = less cooldown)

give up the curvature-status and change the dungeons to a optional Difficult level. (20/40/60 less status).

Keep The Change in ls.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    So overall:
    1) Unstoppable HP lost/determination gain changed to 15%(4 seconds) and 30%(8 seconds)
    2) Determination Gain does NOT "shut off" while Inside Unstoppable - allowing feats/features/damage taken/damage dealt to potentially increase the duration of Unstoppable
    3) Instigators given a FEAT to gain determination based on Stamina lost (when they sprint it builds stamina as well as taking damage). This would be used to gain determination both inside and outside Unstoppable.
    4) Sentinel Aegis no longer gives higher Unstoppable DR, but instead gives faster access to Unstoppable (at 10% and 20% - half and full).

The beauty behind these changes is that each build is provided with better "tools" to play the class.

One of the issues with the HP % lost system is tankier GWFs end up having to take MUCH more damage to get determination. Thu,s giving the Sentinel faster access to Unstoppable (10/20%) ends up putting them in the same RANGE of damage taken = determination as the less tanky Destroyers and Instas. Also during Unstoppable the more damage they take, they longer it lasts since you didnt shut off determination gain.

For Destroyers the beauty is they already gain determination for dealing damage, but while IN Unstoppable their ability to deal more damage allows them to potentially "refill" determination meter, so they can "chain encounters" during unstoppable to help it last much longer, more like a "berserk mode" where the more damage they deal, longer it lasts, etc. So NOW throwing down that IBS crit for massive damage with 1 second left of unstoppable, could refill your meter by another 2 or 3 seconds.

The beauty Behind Instagators is they rely on their ability to sprint to fill determination. So their incentive is to sprint INTO battle, which helps fuel determination, they take hits which procs their capstone and as their stamina fills up they sprint more for more determination. Once in unstoppable, they can utilize sprint further to extend their unstoppable even more. I would even be in favor of ALSO giving GWFs another feat in the INSTA tree that would be similar to CWs where whenever the GWF is CRIT it refills some of his stamina. So this GWf would be the most "mobile" GWF chaining Sprint-> Unstoppable however his Capstone is much more limiting than the Destroyers and he isnt quite as tanky as the Sentinel. Since he has to sprint to build determination, he cannot be attacking WHILE sprinting obviously.

SO EACH tree has some GREAT features to build around. They each are given tools that help synergize with their playstyle.

The Instagator sprints around being hard to catch, when you hit him, he hits you back hard.
    The Destroyer is squishy but in Unstoppable becomes a Monster to avoid, or else youll fuel his unstoppable even MORE by him dealing massive hits.
    The Sentinel feels very tanky and hard to burst down given his quick access to Unstoppable per damage received, although he deals much less damage overall.
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Living Wall
    This feat is, for some reason, classified as a daily.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

So overall:
    1) Unstoppable HP lost/determination gain changed to 15%(4 seconds) and 30%(8 seconds)
    2) Determination Gain does NOT "shut off" while Inside Unstoppable - allowing feats/features/damage taken/damage dealt to potentially increase the duration of Unstoppable
    3) Instigators given a FEAT to gain determination based on Stamina lost (when they sprint it builds stamina as well as taking damage). This would be used to gain determination both inside and outside Unstoppable.
    4) Sentinel Aegis no longer gives higher Unstoppable DR, but instead gives faster access to Unstoppable (at 10% and 20% - half and full).

I WOULD like to see the Temp HP giving by unstoppable buffed up a bit. a MINIMUM I would like to see would be 10-20% and I would even propose 15-30% Temp HP.

I would also like to see "at-will" damage penalty REMOVED during unstoppable.

Again going to quote this because I really believe these things will drastically improve QoL for PVE and PVP. Each has their own "niche" and completely different play style which all of them seem fun and like they have a good role in the group.

For Instagators their "stamina/determination gain" can be built into the capstone feat.

Across the board unstoppable % of HP changes as well as allowing determination to be built while IN unstoppable.

Then remove the added DR from Sents capstone in favor of a reduced % HP lost. This overall lessens the DR across the board for everyone IN unstoppable however you should be able to maintain unstoppable more often in all specs.

destroyer -> dealing damage IN unstoppable will help refill your determination (get a good crit and get back 2-3 seconds of time)
    Instigator -> Sprinting builds determination or extends duration of unstoppable
    Sent -> taking damage IN unstoppable extends its duration based on HP Lost - which Sent gets at an accelerated rate. Sents have extra DR in the capstone feat already making them more tanky.

The Temp HP increase makes popping unstoppable a little more viable since currently its just garbage temp HP with HD.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the point is not different playstyles, but impossibilities and trends.

I use wms + ws. This configuration makes me a aoe damage dealer (cap5), right? wrong. make me a single target burst / aoe cap 2.

the Atwill increases my encounters in 19%, and I dont have range to strike multiple opponents in party. By losing damage per target, I lose easily aggro against 3 and these two are "confused" about who needattack (which is a strange advantage).

briefly. only increase the damage of gwf / unstoppable is to make it single target. the ways to change is, or increase the range of atwills or have the range encounters like intimidation + these two new encounters.

what you can do is work the aoe / single of these trees. but both only off tank 1. because needs exist a hierarchy due to the gf / paladin.

in the specific case propose to me (and i do that just for fun... because.. you know...), the destroyer would be basically mix range class that would come close to a rain of sure strike + ibs, but keeping the fighting away with grand fissure (Atwill) and knives. Sentinel has the burst rotation and then, more resistant, will off tank 1, giving the defense bonus for the party (Living Wall ).

instigators need more love.

in pvp, that will be more easy: the best resourse of defence is the sprint (80%), the only problem is... i say "you only will receive determination dealing damage . but destroyers receive stacks during unstoppable. well, that part can be ignored...
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Conception bug: in mod6 the only def is provided by running away from the fight like a sissy. Seriously. I mean. A Melee fighter with a metal armour.

Remove everything related to run/flee/sprint/cowardice from GWF powers and feats.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback - General class :

Swordmaster - WMS feels slow.. as it always has, I seem to get higher DPS out of wicked strike, a paragon specific at will should be stronger than a basic one.

Grand fissure feels too slow to activate. make activation similar to Frontline Surge, gives it viability in pvp

General Survivability - With the nerf to regen and change to lifesteal, its hard to stay in a fight even with similar level foes and not have to use potions. as a Frontline fighter, a Great weapon fighter needs more feats / ability to regenerate during combat.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    GWF needs an increase of survivability. A LOT of survivability. While the damage every class deals will immensely increase with stat and rank changes, the survivability for chars that rely solely on their DR and high HP will get even worse. The additional HP you can obtain isn't proportional to the increase of damage each class deals. Whereas DR will be ignored for the most part. Just terror enchantment disables a sentinel GWF completely (-40% defense and power).
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    GWF needs an increase of survivability. A LOT of survivability. While the damage every class deals will immensely increase with stat and rank changes, the survivability for chars that rely solely on their DR and high HP will get even worse. The additional HP you can obtain isn't proportional to the increase of damage each class deals. Whereas DR will be ignored for the most part. Just terror enchantment disables a sentinel GWF completely (-40% defense and power).

Dont also forget that we are also losing regen in PVP. I dont just like buffing everyones HP because of MANY things that proc based on HP % (like Tenebrous).

As I addressed earlier:
    So overall:

Regardless, I WOULD like to see the Temp HP giving by unstoppable buffed up a bit. a MINIMUM I would like to see would be 10-20% and I would even propose 15-30% Temp HP.

I would also like to see "at-will" damage penalty REMOVED during unstoppable.

Ontop of that, I think Tenacity adding some sort of -ARP would also help mitigate alot of ARP classes see.

I also would like to see the BASE tenacity (DR ONLY) Risen to maybe 30% (from 10%). This means if you had 20% Tenacity via stats you would see:

Total tenacity:
    DR: (30%base + 20% Stat) = 50% less damage from enemy players.
    CC Resist: (10% base + 20% stat) = 30% CC resist
    Crit Resist: (10% base + 20% Stat) = 30% Crit resist
    ARP resist (10% base + 20% stat) = 30% ARP resist

This would be an additional 20% DR boost from LIVE combined with another 30% anti-ARP from live which would make characters much more tanky and able to stand big hits (which we NEED without regen).
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Feedback - Sentinel GWF - secondary tank role:
    With the increase of weapon damage, the coming of Paladin and decrease of power efficiency Sentinel GWF will lose any chance of tanking. Now I see 3 ways to fix that:
    1. Replace Intimidated debuff with hard taunt and improve survivability by other ways than boosting DR.
    2. Make Sentinel GWF an AoE dps specialization and replace threat / defense granting feats to damage boosts.
    3. Give Paladin a 2 handed sword and delete GWF :P
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    PVE vs PVP, these discussions really would confuse a starting player.

Restoring strike topic is a prime example of that.

PVE - Retro strike works great
    PVP - pretty much agree with ayroux

But this is the official feedback thread. So I hope the employee at PWE/Cryptic reviewing this is able to discern that.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    PVE vs PVP, these discussions really would confuse a starting player.

Restoring strike topic is a prime example of that.

PVE - Retro strike works great
    PVP - pretty much agree with ayroux

But this is the official feedback thread. So I hope the employee at PWE/Cryptic reviewing this is able to discern that.

sorry but resto is <bleep> in pve as well as in pvp, it gives like 4~10k heal, when each normal mob hits for 1~5k(and it can go much higher) every 2 sec and on top of that you lose a nice aoe ability that does much more dmg, restoring would have to be aoe like not so fast to be useful and provide enough hp for anything, go run some ToD lair, ull see how "great" it is, even running lvl 61~62 content as lvl 70 its not enough
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    sorry but resto is s _ _ t in pve as well as in pvp, it gives like 4~10k heal, when each normal mob hits for 1~5k(and it can go much higher) every 2 sec and on top of that you lose a nice aoe ability that does much more dmg, restoring would have to be aoe like not so fast to be useful and provide enough hp for anything, go run some ToD lair, ull see how "great" it is, even running lvl 61~62 content as lvl 70 its not enough

Aye idk you guys are testing, not me. Restro strike has always been fine for me prior mod6. Maybe its worse now idk? Which AoE are you talking about btw?

Edit: O you mean not so fast. Whats your third encounter (other than IBS ofc)? are you a intim build?

edit2: Guess ill wait till mod6 and take this guys suggestion
    Id say dont rush and invest in new gear and build because glass cannon GWFs as described in the quote above will be much weaker in mod 6 with the change to self healing
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    HAHAHAHAHA! Exactly. There isnt much more to say then that.... This is why that class advocate idea could have worked... Give each rep a chance to sit down with Crush and discuss the class.

Or heck and even easier position to be in would have Crush do a certain class each week, meaning one week he makes tweaks/changes and bug fixes to a CW. Next week its DC blah blah.

Im off course now, Im afraid MOST of his time is spent working on the Pally, weapon/armor enchants. So I doubt we will see much in the way of balance or changes.

Expect GWF to be the SW of the new module/expansion. He will have no place in he world.

Module 3 was the worst thing to happen to GWF, it causes all the trolls (who now play TR) to play them, and it gave players who didnt FOTM, to resent them. They have never recovered from the nerf hammer since....

This. It makes me sad.

I'm still using Takedown/FLS/IBS build, as Its the only one I have effectiveness with, I sometimes swap stuff around a bit but Usually always have 2 of those up. I feel a few of our class features could use changes also. the 3% heal on killing an enemy feature is overall laughable and useless..

I've recently been trying Grand fissure, and I do like the animation and the damage feels acceptable, but the cast animation is too slow and a player would have to be literally AFK to not dodge it in time. Also it seems buggy against units nearby you as I can cast this when face-tanking 3-4 enemies and not hit any of them.

Also with the regen nerf and lifesteal change I find I cannot do even PVE as easily on him as before, whilst my rogue still roflstomps anything PVE and my HR kills them before they even get close.
    burkaanc wrote: »
    sorry but resto is <bleep> in pve as well as in pvp, it gives like 4~10k heal, when each normal mob hits for 1~5k(and it can go much higher) every 2 sec and on top of that you lose a nice aoe ability that does much more dmg, restoring would have to be aoe like not so fast to be useful and provide enough hp for anything, go run some ToD lair, ull see how "great" it is, even running lvl 61~62 content as lvl 70 its not enough

I really like this idea. I would rename Restoring strike to make it more of a War cry like skill. that damages all enemies around you and heals a % based on the damage dealt. This could be added to Battle roar as a feat or something instead if they dont want to change resto strike. that'd also give us 2 healing skills that are based around our close combat capabilities. In DND4 There is a Fighter talent that gives them Temp HP on every melee hit. This could be translated as an aoe skill that gives them temp HP based on the number of enemies hit. The heroic feat GRIT could be modified to suppliment this in some way, as at the moment with its 40 second cooldown it feels like another useless feat.

Feedback - Unfettering Strikes

Not at all required for a Destroyer spec as a destroyer I'm not about a few hits the running away, that's how instigator works. This could be replaced for some sort of lifesteal buff / Regeneration feat, though personally I would make that a tier 2 feat so Any of the 3 specs can use it without having to skip a capstone in their wanted tree

When I finish work I'll take a look at all our available feats and such, because while there is a general cap raise it could be a great time to give them some new life!

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I know this has been said several times in EVERY official feedback thread.

Do please stick to the established format outlined in the first two posts of this thread, as well as the stickied notice at the top of this sub-forum, or your post will be removed. If you wish to debate certain changes, do so in a place other than the official feedback threads. Thank you.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Dear moderators, please stop deleting commentary that leads to feedback. Now how does any of my feedback makes sense when you cut out my commentary about Restoring Strike? Devs might think "oh, another whinner that doesn't provide any facts". I'm really annoyed now and won't be participating in further testing. Congratulations.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Dear moderators, please stop deleting commentary that leads to feedback. Now how does any of my feedback makes sense when you cut out my commentary about Restoring Strike? Devs might think "oh, another whinner that doesn't provide any facts". I'm really annoyed now and won't be participating in further testing. Congratulations.

This.

RNG Lifesteal: the bracket should be 0%-200% of the mod5 LisfeSteal. A 0%-100% bracket is not introducing randomness, it's only a nerf.

Grand Fissure: the animation is way too slow. PvP red guys will dodge it of course, but then pvp is not for gwfs anyway. Problem is, even the foes will dodge it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    3. Give Paladin a 2 handed sword and delete GWF :P

But an actual 2h sword, designed for the Paladin. If you give to the Paladin the gwf's weapon named "2H sword", the Paladin will die at every fight. Because it's not a 2h sword. Watch WMS, it only cuts from right to left. Only one site of the blade cuts. It's not a sword, it's a knife. Or a scythe.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    This.

RNG Lifesteal: the bracket should be 0%-200% of the mod5 LisfeSteal. A 0%-100% bracket is not introducing randomness, it's only a nerf.

Grand Fissure: the animation is way too slow. PvP red guys will dodge it of course, but then pvp is not for gwfs anyway. Problem is, even the foes will dodge it.

PVP shouldnt simply exclude a class though. Its not fair for us GWF's who love pvp to just be excluded/useless from PVP because we're not balanced effectively for it. I'm still effective against poorly built people. but the problem is we have no way to really lock someone down as everyone we throw is so easily dodged compared to other classes CC and lockdowns

• Options
    edited February 2015
    What I think would be very cool is adding a few different types of mechanics to the GWF. I have outlined some above but things like this should be atleast considered:

1) During Unstoppable, the ability to "extend" unstoppable. We should not have our ability to GAIN determination removed when we pop unstoppable.

- Currently GWFs gain determination from taking damage. If you are Destroyer you also gain it by dealing damage. I dont see why this is "shut off" when we pop unstoppable. If we ARE unstoppable if we start taking serious damage it should be "gaining" determination while spending it (just like a TR gaining back stealth while IN stealth)

2) I think there could be something done about the amount of temp HP we gain when we pop unstoppable. Either this can be flat out increased, it could be provided at the end of unstoppable (which allows us to build determination without losing our base HP as we could spend Temp HP instead) or another idea I had was to give us Temp HP ~ equal to the number of attacks dealt during unstoppable. Something in the range of 5% Temp HP per attack with a 1 sec ICD.

What this would mean is if we hit something 3 times in unstoppable we would get 15% temp HP back. Considering 4 seconds - 8 seconds is our duration we would have a maximum potential of 8*5= 35% Temp HP however it would be dependant on how many times we hit something AND say we attack something @ second 1 of a 4 second unstoppable, the rate of decay would probably have that 5% down to nearly zero by the time it ended.

So this would be a "lifesteal" of some sorts but as "temp HP" rather than base HP - which expires.

So this could actually work really well with the synergy between #1 and #2 meaning you can build more temp HP in unstoppable AND have the possibility to extend the duration of unstoppable if you take enough damage (or as a Destroyer - DEAL enough damage).

Now what this wont help with is a GWF in PVP who just gets kited around and neither deals nor takes damage during unstoppable, so there might be something needing addressing for PVP concerns there (maybe revisit base stamina gain - seeing as its rather pathetic).

But overall this would make GWFs have some very useful tools with the ability to gain temp HP as well as extend unstoppable.
  • Options
    br00tall0rdbr00tall0rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How about making temp hp to be dependent on hp at the moment you use unstopable? I mean less hp you have when you press tab - more temp hp you will get as a result?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    How about making temp hp to be dependent on hp at the moment you use unstopable? I mean less hp you have when you press tab - more temp hp you will get as a result?

This could work as well.

Hmmm. I wonder how much % it would have to be to be balanced. Currently its what 8-16% (4-8% in pvp) and I think we all agree its WAY too low.

Something maybe like 10-20% (base) * (1+(1-%HP))?

This would mean at 50% HP it would be 15-30%

AT 25% HP it would give you 17.5-35% Temp HP

At 90% HP it would give: 11 - 22% HP.

All of these would end up being cut in half due to healing depression so:

@ 50% : 7.5%-15%
    @ 25%: 8.75%-17.5%
    @90%: 5.5%-11%

This is just ONE example of how it could be done. This might not be enough of a buff tho, however I dont think it should get too much better for PVE sake... I wish Temp HP were NOT affected by healing depression TBH. But then they would have to revisit some of the Pally feats that grant Temp HP. All the other classes Temp HP feats it seems were NOT made with HD in mind.

So that would be the next area I would like to see removed : Temp HP. Either that or REMOVE the "deterioration" of Temp HP so once you have it, you keep it until removed via damage. Though that may have more repercussions.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    This thread CLEARLY deserves attention, just look at the response/vie compared to other classes:

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Cap Raise
    Replies: 145
    Views: 11,980

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock Cap Raise
    Replies: 71
    Views: 5,861

Official Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger Cap Raise
    Replies: 52
    Views: 6,694

Official Feedback Thread: Devoted Cleric Cap Raise
    Replies: 24
    Views: 4,754

Official Feedback Thread: Trickster Rogue Cap Raise
    Replies: 42
    Views: 6,200

Official Feedback Thread: Control Wizard Cap Raise
    Replies: 48
    Views: 9,619

Official Feedback Thread: Guardian Fighter Cap Raise
    Replies: 64
    Views: 6,126

The ONLY class that beats it is the Paladin:

Official Feedback Thread: Oathbound Paladin
    Replies: 200
    Views: 18,281

HOW IS THIS NOT A SIGN GWF NEEDS ATTENTION?!??!?!?!?

GWF thread has OVER TWICE as many views and posts as the next class in line.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, TRs can't test properly until their respec problems get sorted out, and the DCs have basically said that their changes are so dull nobody cares....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    *racks up two more views*

*three more*

*people view thread to see what I wrote*

(sorry moderators, couldn't help myself)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Have a look at how feedback if provided in their threads though, a lot of their threads have more of the color coded feedback than ours does :( we need to give feedback in the way they said so we can get it through that we seriously need fixing.

A lot of our feats need general reworks, such as Grit and Unfettering strikes, Grit's 3% max hp heal just is not enough to be viable at all in any sense, and Unfettering strikes movement speed is barely useful for a destroyer.

First of all, I would change Grit to be a Temp hp % of around 5/10/15% added when you are healed by a power, with a cooldown of 20 seconds, This gives it viability to be used in pvp, and in pve instances.

Unstoppable Recovery : (Tier 1 Sentinel feat) - Extremely underwhelming feat even with the changes to possible max HP at level 70. Change this to a heal that heals you for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 % Max hp per second during unstoppable . So at 8 seconds unstoppable (max possible) , thats a 20% max hp heal. Its spread out over a long time. You could double this and make it into Temp HP instead (as TEMP HP seems to be a huge part of our class)

Unfettering strikes I don't feel the speed from this is actually that useful to the destroyer class, it feels more like an instigator feat. could be reworked into a "counter" skill, that when you deflect from meele has a chance to proc dealing damage back (with an ICD of course) , But this sounds a lot like a GF power more than a GWF one. Another idea could be to have it as a stacking buff that slowly increases your at will attack speed ?

Daring shout / come and get it : I feel that with the current "intimidation meta" for GWF, these skill should be combined into one skill, pull the enemy in, then get DR and a dmg bonus based on enemies pulled for a short time. - This creates a viable skill to use that means Sentinel GWF's still have a good aoe damage source and gathering skill, but reduces the amount of damage they can burst out in a short time by stacking power.

Combining these two skills leave room for the below, which addresses another issue GWF has; lack of reliable stun / control

There are heaps of viable skills from D&D 4e that could be considered also in place of the unused / lesser used ones.

Iron Vanguard : Inexorable Shift (Throw yourself at an enemy, and knock them back/down) This could be a targeted encounter so we finally have a targetted stun / prone outside of savage advance Information from here

Swordmaster : Steel Blitz The current Neverwinter one feels underwhelming. the feature actually works quite different in D&D, whenever you crit, you have the ability to use another encounter you recently used. As this would be broken, maybe change it so it reduces existing cooldowns by 25% when you crit (with a ICD of 3-4 seconds) As this is a feature, it would take up a slot and the GWF would lose out of Weapon-master / Destroyer to take it up. so I feel it makes sense to be comparably strong. Having faster cooldowns makes a Swordmaster more of a threat and a more viable PVE AND PVP build. This change also solidifies Swordmaster as the "DPS" Spec for GWF, and IV as the "Tank" spec. (information gotten from here)

Precision Cut : another swordmaster skill from D&D, this one is decribed as "You slip your blade past your enemy’s armor and slice him just so, leaving a bleeding gash." Piercing damage + bleed makes sense for this.

I understand some of these Suggestions are more towards a total class rework, but I feel we need some of them to be considered.. if not in mod 6, definitely so in mod 7.

This discussion has been closed.