What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    range damage, big frontal arc, 3 charges, each exceeding to the old aoe damages (roar / nsf) and up your "melee damage" in 10%... and turn gwf in a multi-weapon fighter.

* is the best encounter for a non sentinel (grand fissure, 2, ibs, 3. ).

in terms of powers (ignoring curves) just need improve these terrible class features and replace reaping strike that was bad before and now it will be impossible to use, no matter how much damage do.

report bug: slam

slam dont have critical damage

report bug:mark+bleed

this up the damage of bleed
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    3 charges of dagger>ibs damage. and you will hit 5 enemies (ibs have a cap 3 and dont have range to hit multiples targets).

but iam ignoring here

a - my power up in 2k (still lvl 60)
    b - the new feat and some things I did not see in the notes

again, this lvl 60 is great compared to the live lvl 60. but other classes is far more broken than now.

in any case, this gwf dont need mark, and if need, now ibs can be useful to this job .

to survive, gwf will need the old ranger dynamics. so is important can fight in multiples positions and still fight if need run.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    while my gwf feels powerful now in terms of damage, it sucks *** in farming because you removed life steal from game, even if you blow up lvl 61 camps in a second as lvl 70, you still have to spam potions nonstop

1.7% life steal @ 100% chance would be better than this 1.7% chance at 1.5k life steal stat, you need 15k points inlife steal to get any use of it
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    jhozamjhozam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited February 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Bug:Weapon Master stacks do not proc if this class feat has 4 points on it

This. Tested again and it does not proc any stack
    Jhozam, DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    Proud Officer of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild
    now up on Neverwinter Online, member of Ordo Obscuri Domini, Italian Guild
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015

Destroyer now has a 5/10/15/20/25% chance to grant a stack when hitting any number of targets. Additionally, Destroyer grants you .7/1.4/2.1/2.8/3.5% bonus damage per stack

Destroyer Stacks falls off very quickly, and it doesn't have synergy with some skills such as Reaping Strike and Avalanche of Steel because the stacks wear off even before you could land those skills. The 25% chance also seems low and not helpful since GWF's are easily kited because it is a melee class. I suggest buffing the uptime up to 10 seconds per stack.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    I just got 1 hidden's buff at time... are you sure the GWF gets the 40% and not just 10%??

You fling a series of hidden blades at foes in front of you.This power increases your melee damage by 10% for 8seconds.
    rank 2 + 10%
    rank 3 + 10%
    rank 4 + 10%

so is this 40% or not?
    check the tooltips :)
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe its juset dmg incrase of encounter? like most of gwf encounters?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback - Hidden Daggers:

This looks more like a power of a Trickster Rogue. It doesn't fit GWF at all. Better give an increase of damage and same cone AoE effect to Reaping Strike.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Feedback - Hidden Daggers:
    This looks more like a power of a Trickster Rogue. It doesn't fit GWF at all.

But you can be more like this guy, using every tool in his arsenal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1FIuzmNXOSs#t=426
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i hate the jump back, GWF should be jumping forward and landing a knee in the targets face
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    It sounds like it really is an equivalent of Blitz, which means you can jump-cast it to at least stay in place instead of going backwards.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited February 2015

for a lvl 60, destroyer, sm, the damage is great. against marked is a little op. but not close to 100% of critical damage and insane dots+super defensive abilitys (stealth, range, cc).

gwf:speed:

the walk/sprint of the class seens slow. i never used the new feat.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All test are done with dummies.

Bug: Destroyer feat

The mighty blade doesn't increase my AOE damage.

Bug: Grand fissure

I hit the targets but no damage showed. Sometimes one dummy who was the farthest got the damage.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Personally I think the Mod 6 looks like a restart. I think it is too early to call any kind of class balance.

This encounter is quite special for GWF. A range AOE with blades and a jump back. I like the jump back. I am hoping it could increase the run speed for a brief period. The move looks like a dodge or want to run away. We got a 10% melee damage increase and I want to have some defensive benefit

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    wowowowowowowowowowo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Question:
    PatchNote wrote:
    Great Weapon Fighter
    Weapon Damage increased by roughly 20%.

Yet my legendary artifact weapon went from 105X to 18XX dmg? Not talking about the 3k+ power bonus. I'm confused, is that a bug or the "normal" damage of a top end lv 70 weapon?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Artifact weapons got a buff to their base damage for all classes as well, in the build before this one.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited February 2015
    wowowowowo wrote: »
    Question:

Yet my legendary artifact weapon went from 105X to 18XX dmg? Not talking about the 3k+ power bonus. I'm confused, is that a bug or the "normal" damage of a top end lv 70 weapon?

your artifact weapon is still level 60 and rank 60.
    wait until next patch to get up to level 70 and rank 80.
  • Options
    wowowowowowowowowowo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    your artifact weapon is still level 60 and rank 60.
    wait until next patch to get up to level 70 and rank 80.

So that means they can/will be even MORE powerfull?

Wow ...
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    wowowowowo wrote: »
    So that means they can/will be even MORE powerfull?

Wow ...

actually its still mediocre compared to other classes, check out the at-wills of other classes, you'll get the point
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    feedback mighty blade:

I was excited about the basis of this lvl 60 base and did not see that this power has 0 participation in gwf damage.

curiosity: this time there is someone reading this topic? have solid plans to balance gwf to others classes in this module?

until here, good job to balance the class for m5. now is m6.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm concerned the stack durations of Destroyer, Weapon Master and Destoryer's Purpose are intentional and are not considered a bug. If this is the case we are totalllllly screwed.

Update - Weapon Master is not working for me at all. no stacks whatsoever. Tried to replace it with other passives and equip back, no change.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    I'm concerned the stack durations of Destroyer, Weapon Master and Destoryer's Purpose are intentional and are not considered a bug. If this is the case we are totalllllly screwed.

Do they have longer stack durations? Or shorter stack durations?

IMO DEstroyer stacks were fine, Weapon Master and Destoryers Purpose stacks should be like 6 seconds
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »

IMO DEstroyer stacks were fine, Weapon Master and Destoryers Purpose stacks should be like 6 seconds

They seem to be shorter than live. Wouldn't know about Wep Master since it's not working for me at all. Anyone else with that problem? Tried with two different copies.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hmm just tried it, MW stacks works well for me, WM and destroyer stacks seems to last 3~4s and Destroyer purpose seems to last its normal 25s.

That a weird bug you have D:
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »

Destroyer class feat has a 4 sec and it lasts to short to land an avalance of steel for example
    same with Wicked Strike and Weapon master Strike, the debuff of this 2 at wills lasts not enough on them.
    same with unscattered fetters 4 seconds is not enough, ALL SHOULD BE RAISED TO 6-8seconds duration.
This discussion has been closed.