test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Cap Raise

rrshendevrrshendev Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
Greetings Adventurers!

In conjunction with the forthcoming raise to the level cap, each class will see additions and adjustments. This content will gradually be made available on our preview shard. As it becomes available we would very much like to collect your feedback!

This thread will be focused on the Great Weapon Fighter. Initially only new class features and feats will be made available, however this thread will be updated alongside the preview shard in the future.

Class Features
The following class features will become available at 60 points.

Warrior's Courage - Gain 5/10/15% Damage Resistance when below 50% HP. Gain 3/6/9% Deflect chance when below 25% HP.

Wrathful Determination - You gain up to 5/7.5/9% melee damage as your Determination fills up. This bonus is doubled when your Determination is full. Rank: +2.5% damage.

Feats
The following feats will become available after investing 10 paragon points into the corresponding tree. Feats previously available at 10 points have been moved to 15, those available at 15 have been moved to 20, and so on.

Instigator:
  • Warrior's Rush - Your Mighty Leap now cools down 5/10/15/20/25% faster and silences foes for 1 second on impact.
  • Flanking Maneuvers - When you critically strike a foe from behind you knock them prone for 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2 seconds.

Destroyer:
  • Unfettered Strikes - Successful Melee attacks increase your movement speed by 1/2/3/4/5% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks 4 times.
  • Mighty Blade - Your AoE damage is increased by 5/10/15/20/25%.

Sentinel:
  • Living Wall - Allies within 30' of you take 1/2/3/4/5% less damage. If they stand directly behind you this bonus is doubled.
  • Countless Scars - Each time you are struck you gain 1% damage resistance for 6 seconds. This effect can stack 3/6/9/12/15 times.
Post edited by rrshendev on

Comments

• Options
    rrshendevrrshendev Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Feedback

We need to collect as much feedback as possible on this so we can tweak the Great Weapon Fighter in PVE and performance in PVP. Given that, we would like you to categorize and color code your feedback so we can sort it and act on it most effectively! Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)

Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.

(Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
    Bug: Destroyer

Destroyer’s Purpose didn’t grant stacks while dealing damage.

I feel like I don’t have enough tools to stay alive under fire now and it makes tanking too hard.

Please try to play for a few hours to get used to new powers. Thank you again for all your help Adventurers! We look forward to hearing back from you!
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    B - Mighty Blade - Your AoE damage is increased by 5/10/15/20/25%.

and the damage lost by aoe?

will be 25% more damage using wicked strike+ damage loost by aoe=nothing?

or will ignore the damage penality and up this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for 25%?

being the second alternative (the Alternative 1 is pathetic for a feet... that should be the BASE OF THE CLASS), is Necessary up the class radius to reaping strike level.

ps: nice sentinels changes.
  • Options
    jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What is mighty blade applied to? Under the Destroyer tree?
    and remove "unaffected strikes" its useless a destroyer in pvp will be the only one affected by that and by the time you have that stack your dead, replace it with a increase in life steal or something.
    Edit: Increase in life steal or your AC increases with every 2nd atwill hit. Honestly with the decrease in lifesteal destroyer will be useless. its hard enough for a 20k to stay alive in a t3 dungeon.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'll presume this was posted by Panderus :P Since the style is the same and all.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rrshendev wrote: »
    Wrathful Determination - You gain up to 5/7.5/9% melee damage as your Determination fills up. This bonus is doubled when your Determination is full. Rank: +2.5% damage.
    a bad design imho, GWF needs to spend determination ASAP to keep that 50% damage bonus and even then our damage is low, destroyer is better(as it is dps feature and destroyer is the only dps gwf build)

Destroyer

A - Unfettered Strikes - Successful Melee attacks increase your movement speed by 1/2/3/4/5% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks 4 times.

A - seems kind of useless
    B - what aoe damage ? GWF needs some more aoe encounters and better base damage, now we only have 1 encounter worth using for for damage, no matter how much % you add to 0 its still 0
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    no, that will happening.

full unstoppable: what is the first and ONLY thing to do? ibs!

ibs will give 25%more damage aoe+30(?) of the new class feature. if hit 3 - good luck in this crazy days - you subtracts 15% of this damage, so... yeah.

that is the solid gwf... fake damage buff and now... no more lifesteal.

whats happening to the big list of my suggestions to do the class COMPETITIVE (others will be more powerfull)? thats is good changes for m2, instead of the broken bleed. now? when other classes have big radius and 100% of critical chance+crazy dots+crazy control?
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Living Wall feedback:
    Useless! It's worse than tier 2 GF feat that lowers damage from marked targets by 10%. And how dumb you should be to stand behind a GWF while he's tanking? GWF tanks by skillfuly evading attacks with sprint. That causes lots of collateral damage behind him.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    sentinel feedback

intimidation : this feat should be changed from 35% power , to 350% damage out of weapon damage keeping the same formula multipling with power/crit severity.
    Powerfull challenge: should give 35% threat increase and not 15% more damage on mark, meaning that you take away the 15% damage and add it to the base damge of the gwf.
    i dont know if it's intended the double mark of daring shout + threating rush, but if you get a double debuff on them we should know if it's wai or not.

DaringShout and Comeandget it when you use it it should grant the same buffs to the entire team, not only to yourself so that will give him utility and play as a support. the cooldowns of this 2 encounters should be decreased with 3 and 2 seconds.

Sentinel

A - Living Wall - Allies within 30' of you take 1/2/3/4/5% less damage. If they stand directly behind you this bonus is doubled.

B - Countless Scars - Each time you are struck you gain 1% damage resistance for 6 seconds. This effect can stack 3/6/9/12/15 times.

this would give another set of utility to sentinels and i am glad and Living wall sounds good.

about classfeatures

Warrior's Courage - Gain 5/10/15% Damage Resistance when below 50% HP. Gain 3/6/9% Deflect chance when below 25% HP.

so for more tankynes you slot out warrior's courage instead of bravery and play probably with warrior's courage / weapon master.

so any toughts about this?

(i'll post someth for destroyer way of playin later, as i want to take my time with each paragon)
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    EDIT: After Several HOURS of testing builds on the PTR, respeccing and getting a chance to play with all these feats, here are my comments about each one.

I have deleted previous comments and added my new thoughts based on actual testing.

Class Features

Warrior's Courage- Unless you remove all piercing damage Warrior's Courage is useless. Currently a TR will just 1 shot all your HP and if they miss by a few thousand, SoD procs for piercing damage and kills you regardless of DR. It also cannibalizes Bravery which has much needed run speed - which also offers deflect.

This is also a moot point because with unstoppable your already at the DR cap. So unless you raise the DR cap to like 90%, this will be a useless feat. Also, who wants to wait for half HP to gain a DR boost. Most of the time if your under half HP, you will get a daily in the face and die. I think this feat needs some "rework" to either give benefits at say 75% HP, OR to offer some time of "determination gain" or stamina gain, making it much more feasible. Or heck, even a damage boost under 50% HP!

Wrathful Determination - the issue here is you have to lose SO much HP for determination gain and in PVP especially you desperately need determination so noone will slot this.

If you want something like this, you need to either reduce the amount of HP it takes to build determination, allowing a GWF to utilize this much more or give alternate ways of gaining determination - like using stamina builds determination (like TRs have).

Or I would even suggest moving this feat over to STAMINA instead of determination. Then I could see some GWFs using this since it would be an 18% damage boost at FULL stamina meter. I dont think this would be over powered considering PVP stamina is CRUCIAL for survival.

Class Feats

Instigator

A - Warrior's Rush - Your Mighty Leap now cools down 5/10/15/20/25% faster and silences foes for 1 second on impact.

B - Flanking Maneuvers - When you critically strike a foe from behind you knock them prone for 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2 seconds.

Warrior's Rush Silence? Id rather have this PRONE a target for 1 second on impact. Maybe then it would be useful. A silence is nothing in PVE and PVP. This ability does very low damage, so it needs to be beefed up alot if its to be utilized. I think a 1 second prone or even ~ a 3 second stun could make this ability much more useful for PVP. Maybe it does the usual:

- Mighty Leap now Prone's in PVE but Stuns for 2-3 seconds in PVP.

Flanking ManeuversAfter testing, this feat does NOT work with "Mark" which is GOOD. It also stuns in PVP rather than prones which is also good AND it only procs off Crits.

I think this is a GREAT addition to Instigators! Great Job!

Destroyer

A - Unfettered Strikes - Successful Melee attacks increase your movement speed by 1/2/3/4/5% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks 4 times.

Unfettered StrikesAt first glance I thought this was lack luster. Only ~20% more movement speed and I have to attack the person 5x? When you actually test this though the run speed you gain is downright just SILLY! Its not just the run speed that makes it too much, its run speed COMBINED with Sprint. You can outrun Epic Mounts, you literally can FLY off obstacles. This REALLY needs to be toned down. Especially in combination with other run speed feats as well.

What I would STRONGLY suggest changing this to is less drastic run speed but a longer duration buff. Currently it offers 5% for 4 seconds stacking 4 times. So 20% movement for 4 seconds.

I would cut this in HALF, however add duration to it AND increase the number of stacks it takes. Meaning:

Unfettered Strikes: Successful Melee attacks increase your movement speed by 2% for 6 seconds. This effect stacks 1/2/3/4/5 times.

What this does now is offers 10% movement bonus (down from 20%), however it lasts LONGER and it takes 1 more hit to get to maximum benefit.

This feat NEEDS to be revisited. Maybe its just coded wrong on the PTR but the amount of run speed you can get, its just silly.

Mighty Blade - This ability seems pretty good. You can deal good numbers with AoE abilities. Isnt the Tool Tip on PTR 35% though?

Sentinel

A - Living Wall - Allies within 30' of you take 1/2/3/4/5% less damage. If they stand directly behind you this bonus is doubled.

B - Countless Scars - Each time you are struck you gain 1% damage resistance for 6 seconds. This effect can stack 3/6/9/12/15 times.

Living Wall 30' is VERY small. That is like half a node distance. Increase the radius to like 50' so its atleast the distance of a node (like Knights Valor on GF) This STILL seems lack luster compared to others so I would suggest making this 10% less damage and then doubled behind you.

Countless Scars - Again a moot point with Piercing damage and DR cap. Sentinels already hit the DR cap when they sprint or pop unstoppable. They dont need more DR unless you remove stuff that bypasses DR. They need faster access to unstoppable.

Also - These stacks seem to not build up correctly. I was testing this and it was taking a LONG time to build up stacks.
  • Options
    x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mighty Blade - Your AoE damage is increased by 5/10/15/20/25%.

Mighty Blade is exactly what I'm looking for. Or at least would have been. I'll have to see how things shake out when you change the difficulty. I mean in ESOT and ELOL trying to attack more than one thing at a time is a death sentence as is.

TBH I can't really see myself getting to use AoE much with out life steal to keep me alive.

Edited: I was assuming this would work with At Will AoE. If not then it's not very good at all.

I'm not sure, this just doesn't seem like a good fit. I generally consider myself to be asleep on the job if my determination meter is full for more than a fraction of a second. I mean it'll add damage but it feels like it's just missing the mark of what would truly be useful.

Maybe increase GWF damage by X percent each time GWF's use Determination. Maybe 2.5% for each half-full use and 5% for each full use up to a max of say 20%.

Edited for better explanation:

As a GWF you use your Determination as soon as it fills the first time to start your stacks, then you need to keep using it to maintain them. On top of that 18% isn't more damage than you would get by using Determination especially if your timing your powers to get the 20% bonus damage. And you would also not be gaining the damage resists or temporary hit points which will be even more important with the life-steal changes.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Moderator Notice:

As with all other such threads, please restrict your posts to useable feedback in the format requested. The devs are looking for numbers and figures to tweak the changes before live release. Parses and ACT logs are helpful in this matter, as are screenshots. Also, be aware that posting your text in cyan does not automatically tag it as valid feedback--the content of your post must be constructive feedback.

Attacks on another poster's feedback or opinion, or anything not related to your experience with the changes posted to this thread will be moderated accordingly without further public notice. Posts based on conjecture without valid testing, where applicable, will be removed.

To ensure that the devs get the feedback in a logical and orderly manner, we're having to enforce this rather strictly. Please do make sure that your feedback is in the format specified in the opening posts of this thread, or it will be moved.

Please do not respond to or reply to this notice, but use the PM system to address your concerns, per Rules of Conduct, Section V.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    [*]Flanking Maneuvers - When you critically strike a foe from behind you knock them prone for 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2 seconds.

QUESTION: How will this work with marks? If it is triggered by flanking this is way too strong, it means all will get perma proned by it!

very good for sentinels, instigators ty!
  • Options
    x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So after the weekend to think about it after realizing that Sentinels and Instigators like Wrathful Determination because their buildup is slower and they don't get the benefits of Unstoppable that Destroyers do, I came up with a new suggestion. I think it's a fairly simple change that I feel would work better for all GWF's and solves the issue with the fact GWFs other than situationally use Determination as soon as it's available/full.

My updated suggestion is to leave the damage increase as determination builds. (the same as it is on test) The change would be when a GWF uses Unstoppable (or gets Determination full the first time) they would be granted a buff that doubles the damage of the next build up of determination.

So the first build up would be 5/7.5/9% but the second and subsequent build ups would be buffed to 10/15/18% of melee damage.

Also I was wondering if you could please clarify what triggers Mighty Blade? Adding skill points doesn't alter any of my skills tool tips I checked it on Dailies At Wills and Encounters.

For example does Indomitable Battle Strike which can hit multiple enemies benefit from this? I also tired to test it on the training dummies but the large damage range of my attacks makes it extremely difficult to tell.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

my atwills damage fall 200k (tooltip).

why the ninja nerf for this horrible class feature? refresh the information of this page at least .
    Semtiacutetulo_zps971a30a7.jpg

nothing to see here. this class dont have more quality to hold players.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    QUESTION: is grand fissure still incomplete?
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Flanking Maneuvers - When you critically strike a foe from behind you knock them prone for 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2 seconds.
    Feedback - Flanking Maneuvers
    A GWF can reach 50 % crit chance = perma stun in pvp, this needs an internal cooldown to proc
  • Options
    sndxdeadxshootsndxdeadxshoot Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Countless Scars - Each time you are struck you gain 1% damage resistance for 6 seconds. This effect can stack 3/6/9/12/15 times.
    Bug: Countless Scars

Maxed out points to 5 for it and it only granted 3 stacks.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Mighty Blade

Mighty Blade does NOT boost the following AoE powers:
    -Avalanche of Steel
    -Slam
    -Spinning Strike
    -Wicked Strike
    -Weapon Master's Strike
    -Reaping Strike
    -Frontline Surge
    -Intimidation (via Come and Get It)
    -Intimidation (via Daring Shout)
    -Grand Fissure
    -Indomitable Battle Strike

The casting time is EXTREMELY slow, and the effect (slow) seems lackluster. If the casting time should stay as it is, the encounter should give a better reward because of how hard to land it, change the slow to a prone instead. OR, if the effect (slow) should stay as it is, the casting time should be significantly improved and the aoe increased (a little wider but not as wide as Frontline Surge)
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2015

-Avalanche of Steel
    -Slam
    -Spinning Strike
    -Wicked Strike
    -Weapon Master's Strike
    -Reaping Strike
    -Frontline Surge
    -Grand Fissure

The casting time is EXTREMELY slow, and the effect (slow) seems lackluster. If the casting time should stay as it is, the encounter should give a better reward because of how hard to land it, change the slow to a prone instead. OR, if the effect (slow) should stay as it is, the casting time should be significantly improved and the aoe increased (a little wider but not as wide as Frontline Surge)

^Exactly what I wanted to express.

Additionally...

Bug: Grand Fissure
    Deals no damage to target dummies. Works fine on mobs.
  • Options
    omgnicktakenomgnicktaken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    QUESTIONS:

in regards to Wrathful Determination and Mighty Blade:

is there a source somewhere that lists all possible GWF damage sources, and whether they are considered melee / aoe? If not, could we please have one released? Many things may seem obvious, but may not be interpreted that way by the engine.

For example does the intimidation damage count as AOE? The powers that triggers it (CAGI and DS) are aoe powers, but intimidation may or may not be considered aoe by the engine. Same for melee: IBS seems like a melee strike, but has a tiny aoe as well. Is the aoe damage considered melee? Etc etc.

Feedback - Overall
    If possible, the best option would be to add melee and aoe flags in the powers/feats description.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

i dont know if the idea is study a change in some encounter, or will give enconter for all classes, or if is just a troll move, but i ask to considered change this encounter to reaping strike, put a casting, and turn a atwill

change the earth vacum for a golden light in the animation or some "flash" to represent a blade techinic.that will turn gwf interesting in this module, will slightly decrease the difference between gwf and other classes made unjustifiably more powerful and, most importantly, bringing a close gap for sm in pvp (and some exotic/anime low-medium range configurations for pve.).

THAT will attract players. the simple possibility make me smile:)

gwf vs other classes:

after a "heroic encounter" with other classes ... the gwf the burst is very low in comparison to dps of other dps. I dont know why so much to overestimate the ability of gwf, but it's time to study the possibility of increasing the overall damage of the class, that is not hyperbole, in 200%.

if have some honest intencion behind this, is time to be autocritic about this class

by the way, like a have said, the life steal for gwf is horrible. i leave this new cave witch half of my hp (4 combats). other classes clean enemies fast, have a lot of tools, crazy dots, gwf dont.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2015

-Avalanche of Steel
    -Slam
    -Spinning Strike
    -Wicked Strike
    -Weapon Master's Strike
    -Reaping Strike
    -Frontline Surge
    -Grand Fissure

I second this. It does seem to work on Roar though.

About Grand Fissure -

Damage wise, it's satisfying. Finally an AOE with decent damage. Sadly, it resembeles Frontline Surge way too much with the aim method and the slow cast. I would like to see the encounter aoe similiar to Slam or Daring Shout. Pure burst. As far as targets go, proning them will be a repeat of Frontline, so I would go for daze/stun instead of Slow.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Grand Fissure - it could use faster animation, and the animation might use some work 2, now it seems uncomfortable to use for my character
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    Grand Fissure - it could use faster animation, and the animation might use some work 2, now it seems uncomfortable to use for my character

Its the same animation as the GF ability (forget the name).

Since it can hit just as hard as IBS but as an AOE I think the ability animation is pretty solid TBH.

I really like the ability and plan to use it both in PVE and PVP, it does take a little getting used to and I wouldnt mind it being just a TAD larger area, since it can be very difficult to hit more than 2 targets grouped together.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    imho it would be cooler if it did dmg area around you instead of infront, or, maybe area around you and in front of you
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    sndxdeadxshootsndxdeadxshoot Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Countless Scar
    Countless Scar only grants max of 3 stacks when I was on preview even though I maxed it to 5 points, which should have given me 15 stacks.
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Whats up with losing destroyers purpose so I have to work my way back to 70 to get a feat I already had? what did the new mod give everyones toon a stroke with a side of memory loss? you couldnt just add 2 more feats past it?
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    Its the same animation as the GF ability (forget the name).

Since it can hit just as hard as IBS but as an AOE I think the ability animation is pretty solid TBH.

I really like the ability and plan to use it both in PVE and PVP, it does take a little getting used to and I wouldnt mind it being just a TAD larger area, since it can be very difficult to hit more than 2 targets grouped together.

I second that. Was a bit surprised to see we get a GF daily as a new encounter but hey, who's to argue with a 50 feet long cylinder doing the same damage as IBS plus some cc thrown in for flavor. Those of us who also played a GF should have no issue aiming that thing

PS: Now that I think about it its not so much the GF daily, its more like that big Devil ability
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Drow set 4/4 bonus.

When using Restoring Strike , for some reason 1 stack of slow debuff from the set is applied to yourself.

When you have 3 stacks of Destroyer class feat that lasts 3 seconds when you stop attacking , using the daily casting time of avalanche of steel takes more than 3 seconds to land on the ground, meaning that you are losing the 3 stacks of Destroyer before you can land 1 avalanche of steel on enemies.
    i wish the time on how much Destroyer last to be increased to 5-6 seconds instead of 3 seconds when you dont attack..
This discussion has been closed.