What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i like unfettered strike a lot no need for any changes there,grand fissure could use new animation but i like this encounter a lot as well
    mighty blade seems bugged atm
    destroyer class future is bugged atm only last for 3 sec
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unfettered strike: like all Sprint and the derived feats, does not belong to Melee fighter wearing metal armour.
    Destroyer cap: with all the gwf animations being very slow, plus the hidden delays everywhere, three seconds means zero second. To have three usable seconds, the base duration must be 6 seconds. To have 5 usable seconds, the base duration must be 8 seconds.

Unfettered strike: you caught the wrong class.
    Destroyer Cap: 3 seconds cannot be WAI
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Wrathful Determination

Wrathful Determination - You gain up to 5/7.5/9% melee damage as your Determination fills up. This bonus is doubled when your Determination is full. Rank: +2.5% damage.

Wrathful Determination does NOT boost the following melee powers:
    -Not So Fast
    -Spinning Strike
    -Punishing Charge

The double bonus damage is also not working on full Determination

The doubled effect when determination is full seems a bit ironic since GWFs need to use unstoppable a lot to tank things since it lacks of dodges, even sentinels have to spam unstoppable because there are just too many CCs in the game, specially in PVP. The Unstoppable meter depletes very fast even from full bar, and people rarely wait for it to go full because of how they always need it. I suggest making the bonus damage stick to you for 5 seconds when you hit full bar. OR you could buff GWF's unstoppable back and make it last longer and have its determination gain better :p
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    feeedback: builds
    we have like this
    1 build a sentinel he goes 5 caps in sentinel + 3 in destroyer
    1 builds a destroyer he goes 5 caps in destroyer + 3 in instigator
    1 builds a instigator he goes 5 caps in instigator + 3 destro/sentinel.
    so not everybuild goes to unfettered strike, it's working exactly as intended, i've tested it out, you cannot build the stacks with come and get it and daring shout, or aoe dailies or some aoe encounters.
    meaning that even in PVE or PVP we won't see people runnin alot.

feats/encounters:
    when i said about Destroyer, i mentioned Destroyer class feat, and not Destroyer Purpose capstone.
    Destroyer feat stacks, while you keep attacking the buff doesn't go off, but the moment you use avalanche of steel you are goin to lose the 3 stacks because the daily takes too long(takes more than 3 seconds to land), i wouldn't mind if the buff timing it's increased up to 5 seconds.
    Wicked Strike and Weapon master strike are probably having the same problem.

Mighty Blade it's a feat that would be more than welcomed in a sentinel build.

About Wrathful determination it should not boost
    -not so fast
    -spining strike
    -punishing charge
    i've tested unfettered strike on those encounters/dailies and you dont get the stacks up.
    probably has the same mechanic as Wrathful determination, meaning that they are not considered MELEE , resulting paragon encounters such as not so fast/mighty leap/ punishing charge/ daring shout / cagi, cannot benefit from Wratful Determination and Unfettered Strike buffs..

about restricting the double damage at full determination, i couldn't wanted it differently, because it's about smart play sometimes.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Drow set 4/4 bonus.

When using Restoring Strike , for some reason 1 stack of slow debuff from the set is applied to yourself.

Who cares? Bug report, 09-03-2014.
    Does "Shorn-Tendon" issue still exist?
    GWF PvP Gear: Bug. The Shorn Tendon effect affects the player.

Feedback: Increase debuff duration +1sec per level. Fix animation cancel on Weapon Master's Strike, when it's glitch debuff not applied.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Unfettered strike
    it seems 1 stack of unfettered strike acts the same as having 4 stacks, it's there a way to make the sprint act differently from each point added ?
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As a sentinel, I feel pretty good about durability and am thrilled to see a party survival buff in Living Wall, but threat is proving problematic. I strongly suggest increasing the threat buffs from Intimidation, Master At Arms, and Grudge Style, or possibly doubling the threat bonus against Marked targets.
    On the subject of Living Wall, I agree that the positioning requirement, however flavorful, is problematic in practice. Perhaps doubling the benefit whilst Unstoppable, instead?
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2015

list of single target powers :

3/4 of sure strike
    restoring strike
    takedown.
    second attack of savage advanced.

swordmaster:
    crescendo
    flourish.

iv:
    tr.
    generic crescendo.

EVERTHING ELSE, atwills, ibs, etc should be buffed by this horrible feet of "damage buff".

so elimitad the aoe penality of powers and give damage bonus per target OR DOUBLE the "aoe damages" to give some reason to use this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. but dont give-me a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 25% bonus for not so fast to be mitigated by aoe in the same time other classes have insane dots, 100% of critical chance, can use 4 times the same encounter and the list goes on.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is patently and observably false. 3 seconds after combat ends, you get your first heal. Please use this thread for genuine feedback, not hyperbole.

From who ?

on my lvl 70 PvE DPS GWF(19.5k gs) running lvl 61~63 quests i had to drink a lot of health potions and use restoring strike, i did kill quite fast though on a less geared gwf it might be too hard/create drinking addiction

Since GWF needs to facetank enemy attacks we need some better way to regain HP and the new life steal doesnt do it
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd like to comment on GWF and how we are so dependent on low duration (at or under 10 seconds) stacks to deal damage or to add defense/survivability, something no other class has to the degree that GWF has.

For a Destroyer GWF they have to maintain 3 stacks of destroyer (4 second duration) = 37.5% damage bonus (assumes Focused Destroyer feat), 5 stacks of weapon master (4 second duration) = 11.5% extra crit with the OH feature bonus (should be 12.5% but the bonus is bugged), 3 stacks of AoW (10 second duration) and 10 stacks of Destroyer's Purpose (25 second duration).

No, if you have to spend any time sprinting out of an attack that is too strong to tank through (like BI beholder's AoE downsmash) you are more than likely going to lose your stacks of destroyer and weapon master, Then it will take 4.5-5 seconds to build up those stacks again, longer if it is a single target fight.

These new feats that were added bring in more of the same.
    Countless Scars is 15 stacks and only 6 seconds, this works better in pve but in pvp it will mean you probably can't break line of sight around large pillar while fighting ranged or it will fall off.
    Unfettered Strikes - 4 stacks lasting for 4 seconds granting 16% movespeed. In comparison, HR's just got a feat that lasts 6 seconds, is maintained by being hit once, and grants 25% movespeed.

The ideas behind these new feats are fine, but the combination of stacks and the short duration make them much less effective then they could otherwise be. IF they had a smaller gain but longer duration and faster build up like follows

Countless Scars: Each time you are struck you gain 2% DR, stacks 1/2/3/4/5 times and lasts 10 seconds.

Unfettered Strikes: Successful (meaning they deal damage) at-will attacks grant 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5% more movespeed and stack 2 times and last for 10 seconds.

It would be much more effective in a fight b/c it permits a GWF the ability to move around in combat avoid the large attacks he can't deal with and be an OFF tank rather then have no mobility b/c if he moves he loses effectiveness thus forcing him into a primary tank role and dying.

Lastly, and slightly off topic, you are aware that the GWF class feature Steadfast Determination ("steadily" gain determination while in combat) requires 3 minutes of being in combat to fully charge a GWF's determination bar at rank 3? This could be a situationaly useful feature instead of being 100% useless if it only took 30 seconds to fully charge the determination bar.

TL : DR Giving a off tank class low duration stacking feats as their primary source of surivability and damage forces them to try and fulfill the role of primary tank otherwise they lose most of their effectiveness when they sprint out of situations they can't survive
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Destroyer class feat duration should be increased up to 6 seconds
    Wicked Strike debuff duration should be increased up to 6 seconds
    Weapon master strike duration debuff should be increased up to 6 seconds
    Student of the Sword duration should be increased.
    Shift : Sprint should be more responsive , like Scourge warlock sprint.
    TAB : temporary hitpoints from unstopable should be increased, GWF needs tempHP otherwise he dies really fast without tankin anything.i suggest to be increased from 8-16% to 28-46% out of max HP..

Powerfull Challenge the 15% damage from the mark should go to 15% base damage increasement and PowerfullChallenge should only grant 35% threat.

the atwills damage penalty while in unstopable should be removed.
    deflect severity should be increased to 60%

Intimidation should be changed to 350% out of weapon damage as damage, instead of 35% out of power as damage,

daring shout and come and get it should get 3 seconds decreasment in cooldowns

daring shout and come and get it the buffs you gain from these 2 encounters should be applied to nearby allies
    increase critical chance from Dexterity by +2.

give cc immunity to Savage Advance.

Spinning Strike should be like the spinnin strike from the mobs in epic lostmauth

Slam should get a buff, or it should deal that damage unmitigated

Reaping Strike should make you immune to damage when you charge it up to max, and change the animation of it, makin it act like a SWORD that is blocking attacks, and the gwf movement in that moment should be like a GF using shield, this will be interesting and it will act like you change stances , but you can be attacked from behind and disable your reaping strike.

Restoring Strike gettin half of the HP , but when you are affected by Healing Depression you get the half of a half, so this should be changed, remove one of this 2 penalties.

Increase the base damage damage of Not so Fast and Mighty leap

about the new stuff

Mighty Blade - Your AoE damage is increased by 5/10/15/20/25%.
    this doesnt work, and should be fixed, and while you fixing it this should apply to intimidation, Slam , Avalanche of Steel , spining strike etc.

Unfettered Strikes - Successful Melee attacks increase your movement speed by 1/2/3/4/5% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks 4 times.
    this is a great adition and i dont think it should be changed, but while you sprint you shouldn't fly, cuz it's kinda harder to control at first glance.

Countless Scars - Each time you are struck you gain 1% damage resistance for 6 seconds. This effect can stack 3/6/9/12/15 times.

the 15 times stack is huge. it should be lowered.

Living Wall - Allies within 30' of you take 1/2/3/4/5% less damage. If they stand directly behind you this bonus is doubled.

increase the radius

Wrathful Determination - You gain up to 5/7.5/9% melee damage as your Determination fills up. This bonus is doubled when your Determination is full. Rank: +2.5% damage.
    Make this WORK!
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    snip

regarding intimidation i think you are stuck in mod 5. We have no clue what are the new sets or how much hp we;ll have at lvl 70, i think your suggestions are a bit premature regarding this issue, also we dont rly know the new power curve, as a decrease in overall power scaling is a decrease in intimidation dmg as well.

countless scars is a nice bonus, i dont find it huge at all since a sentinel wants now to keep the determination bar full as much as it can so it can have a dmg increase. We;ve been asking for a instigator resistance increase for some time now, so it opens a nice path for an instigator tank...

mighty blade needs an update: tooltip or effect.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ortzhy wrote: »
    regarding intimidation i think you are stuck in mod 5. We have no clue what are the new sets or how much hp we;ll have at lvl 70, i think your suggestions are a bit premature regarding this issue, also we dont rly know the new power curve, as a decrease in overall power scaling is a decrease in intimidation dmg as well.

countless scars is a nice bonus, i dont find it huge at all since a sentinel wants now to keep the determination bar full as much as it can so it can have a dmg increase. We;ve been asking for a instigator resistance increase for some time now, so it opens a nice path for an instigator tank...

mighty blade needs an update: tooltip or effect.

i was sayin that the full 15 stacks is huge, not the effect of it, lower the stacks by half and give the DR%.

intimidation? you think i am stuck ?
    right now on ptr 400 power = 1 % damage bonus
    7 offense slots - 2800 power = 7% damage bonus
    on live you have from 2100 power almost 20% damage bonus.
    what do you think they will do ?
    they will give more POWER on sets, just think about 35% out of max power? 20k power - 22k power - 25k power etc.

the proposition i made are even fairly balance, trade some of the burst damage to have moderate damage but more often, cause intimidation is the only source of damage for a sentinel, and having 3 sec decreasement it will help keepin the threat on mobs too.

and ofc 350% out of weapon damage , won't be 3500 base damage, depends on how much the weapon damage will be changed in mod6 .

but still the BASE DAMAGE of all encounters
    Takedown/Restoring Strike/IBS/ FLS even dailies, should be increased by 15% or 25%.
  • Options
    alewarrior99alewarrior99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Destroyer class feat duration should be increased up to 6 seconds
    wicked strike debuff duration should be increased up to 6 seconds
    weapon master strike duration debuff should be increased up to 6 seconds
    student of the sword duration should be increased.
    Shift : Sprint should be more responsive , like scourge warlock sprint.
    Tab : Temporary hitpoints from unstopable should be increased, gwf needs temphp otherwise he dies really fast without tankin anything.i suggest to be increased from 8-16% to 28-46% out of max hp..

Powerfull challenge the 15% damage from the mark should go to 15% base damage increasement and powerfullchallenge should only grant 35% threat.

The atwills damage penalty while in unstopable should be removed.
    Deflect severity should be increased to 60%

intimidation should be changed to 350% out of weapon damage as damage, instead of 35% out of power as damage,

daring shout and come and get it should get 3 seconds decreasment in cooldowns

daring shout and come and get it the buffs you gain from these 2 encounters should be applied to nearby allies
    increase critical chance from dexterity by +2.

Give cc immunity to savage advance.

Spinning strike should be like the spinnin strike from the mobs in epic lostmauth

slam should get a buff, or it should deal that damage unmitigated

reaping strike should make you immune to damage when you charge it up to max, and change the animation of it, makin it act like a sword that is blocking attacks, and the gwf movement in that moment should be like a gf using shield, this will be interesting and it will act like you change stances , but you can be attacked from behind and disable your reaping strike.

Restoring strike gettin half of the hp , but when you are affected by healing depression you get the half of a half, so this should be changed, remove one of this 2 penalties.

Increase the base damage damage of not so fast and mighty leap

about the new stuff

mighty blade - your aoe damage is increased by 5/10/15/20/25%.
    This doesnt work, and should be fixed, and while you fixing it this should apply to intimidation, slam , avalanche of steel , spining strike etc.

Unfettered strikes - successful melee attacks increase your movement speed by 1/2/3/4/5% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks 4 times.
    This is a great adition and i dont think it should be changed, but while you sprint you shouldn't fly, cuz it's kinda harder to control at first glance.

Countless scars - each time you are struck you gain 1% damage resistance for 6 seconds. This effect can stack 3/6/9/12/15 times.

The 15 times stack is huge. It should be lowered.

Living wall - allies within 30' of you take 1/2/3/4/5% less damage. If they stand directly behind you this bonus is doubled.

Increase the radius

wrathful determination - you gain up to 5/7.5/9% melee damage as your determination fills up. This bonus is doubled when your determination is full. Rank: +2.5% damage.
    Make this work!

very nice!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    very nice!

how much? :cool:
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    scathias wrote: »
    I'd like to comment on GWF and how we are so dependent on low duration (at or under 10 seconds) stacks to deal damage or to add defense/survivability, something no other class has to the degree that GWF has.

For a Destroyer GWF they have to maintain 3 stacks of destroyer (4 second duration) = 37.5% damage bonus (assumes Focused Destroyer feat), 5 stacks of weapon master (4 second duration) = 11.5% extra crit with the OH feature bonus (should be 12.5% but the bonus is bugged), 3 stacks of AoW (10 second duration) and 10 stacks of Destroyer's Purpose (25 second duration).

No, if you have to spend any time sprinting out of an attack that is too strong to tank through (like BI beholder's AoE downsmash) you are more than likely going to lose your stacks of destroyer and weapon master, Then it will take 4.5-5 seconds to build up those stacks again, longer if it is a single target fight.

These new feats that were added bring in more of the same.
    Countless Scars is 15 stacks and only 6 seconds, this works better in pve but in pvp it will mean you probably can't break line of sight around large pillar while fighting ranged or it will fall off.
    Unfettered Strikes - 4 stacks lasting for 4 seconds granting 16% movespeed. In comparison, HR's just got a feat that lasts 6 seconds, is maintained by being hit once, and grants 25% movespeed.

The ideas behind these new feats are fine, but the combination of stacks and the short duration make them much less effective then they could otherwise be. IF they had a smaller gain but longer duration and faster build up like follows

Countless Scars: Each time you are struck you gain 2% DR, stacks 1/2/3/4/5 times and lasts 10 seconds.

Unfettered Strikes: Successful (meaning they deal damage) at-will attacks grant 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5% more movespeed and stack 2 times and last for 10 seconds.

It would be much more effective in a fight b/c it permits a GWF the ability to move around in combat avoid the large attacks he can't deal with and be an OFF tank rather then have no mobility b/c if he moves he loses effectiveness thus forcing him into a primary tank role and dying.

Lastly, and slightly off topic, you are aware that the GWF class feature Steadfast Determination ("steadily" gain determination while in combat) requires 3 minutes of being in combat to fully charge a GWF's determination bar at rank 3? This could be a situationaly useful feature instead of being 100% useless if it only took 30 seconds to fully charge the determination bar.

TL : DR Giving a off tank class low duration stacking feats as their primary source of surivability and damage forces them to try and fulfill the role of primary tank otherwise they lose most of their effectiveness when they sprint out of situations they can't survive

1) About stacking - Exactly and this is why the Unstoppable nerf but the Sprint buff actually didnt help the class AT ALL, because now we have to be more reliant on Sprint which makes us lose alot more damage AND because now that determination is based on HP lost, it actually HURTS us since we build less determination sprinting. We went from the whole class having "synergy" to where now everything works against everything else....

2) Countless Scars - this is great and all but by the time you even get a few stacks up youll be below half HP and dont forget this actually makes it harder/longer to gain determination since its all based on actual HP lost.

- There is a weird tradeoff right now since with more DR = less damage taken = less HP lost = less determination. Part of the issue though is that allows classes to use more CDs on you. Take an 8 second CD, say they use it "like Repel" for instance. We are pushed back and then most CWs will DPS us. If we have more DR, we build less determination and therefore its MORE likely the CW can repel AGAIN before we can pop unstoppable. If we had less DR, we lose more HP and therefore a HIGHER chance we will pop unstoppable BEFORE repel is off CD. See what I mean? more DR sometimes actually HURTS the class.

3) I agree. We need LESS stacking mechanics. ESPECIALLY if this is to succeed as a console game. Console players will have less time to react meaning those destroyer stacks WILL fall off. Stacking effects need to last a minimum of 6 seconds and shouldnt stack more than 3 times (with the exception of maybe Destroyer Capstone - due to its super long duration).

4) Steadfast Determination - this is just a joke. If its buffed TOO much itll be too good, but its clearly not even close to where it should be. My AP cloak can passively build AP faster than I get determination from this thing... Even with combat lasting 8 seconds the amount of determination gain is just silly. Id rather have this buff determination gain from all sources by a much larger % than just passively generate determination. Either that or Steadfast Determination can be used as a feat to grant us determination from spending stamina. Or if you say DOUBLED the determination gain you get passively that could work too.

Overall GWF is in a very bad spot ATM.

AT wills hit for just a silly amount. Id almost guaranteed that Palandin at wills will hit harder.

Mark has a bunch of problems - giving SM GWFs the bad end of the stick, and also many ways Mark can double mark opponents giving the appearance of "balance" or "being fine" when in reality its just a bug.

Threat Rush is clunky and rubberbands ALOT because of ping issues. Also the 3 charge thing only hurts you in PVE not PVP.

ALL GWFs damage comes from feats and mark. This is why the entire "mark" for GWFs needs to go away.

1) Remove 20% mark damage, mark only gives CA bonus
    2) Double all at will damage.
    3) Give Strength +2% Dmg up from 1% dmg.
    4) Remove the damage penalty to at wills IN unstoppable.
    5) Change the % of HP lost to gain determination to about 15% (4 sec unstop) and 30% (8 sec unstop)

Now youll have the class much more balanced and fun!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Destroyer class feat duration should be increased up to 6 seconds AGREE!
    Wicked Strike debuff duration should be increased up to 6 seconds AGREE!
    Weapon master strike duration debuff should be increased up to 6 seconds AGREE!
    Student of the Sword duration should be increased. AGREE!
    Shift : Sprint should be more responsive , like Scourge warlock sprint. AGREE!
    TAB : temporary hitpoints from unstopable should be increased, GWF needs tempHP otherwise he dies really fast without tankin anything.i suggest to be increased from 8-16% to 28-46% out of max HP.. AGREE! I actually think removing Healing Depression on Temp HP would be more than fine, and also I would like to see Temp HP granted AFTER unstoppable rather than at the beginning. This helps us since we can use that Temp HP to build determination.

Powerfull Challenge the 15% damage from the mark should go to 15% base damage increasement and PowerfullChallenge should only grant 35% threat. AGREE! Although how do you propose increasing "base damage" without re-doing every single power? I think this could easily be done by just making STR = 2% dmg boost instead of 1%. Most GWFs have 20 STR so most will atleast get a 10% dmg boost. It also wont take 5 feat points to get now, so you can use that elsewhere.

the atwills damage penalty while in unstopable should be removed. AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    deflect severity should be increased to 60% This could be a feat to increase, or it could be increased while in Sprint/Unstoppable etc. More deflect outside unstoppable isnt really what is needed IMO.

Intimidation should be changed to 350% out of weapon damage as damage, instead of 35% out of power as damage AGREE! 10000000%

daring shout and come and get it should get 3 seconds decreasment in cooldowns 3 seconds each? Sounds about right.

increase critical chance from Dexterity by +2.

give cc immunity to Savage Advance. AGREE!

Spinning Strike should be like the spinning strike from the mobs in epic lostmauth That freeze you? That might be too good.... Id at a minimum just like to see the duration on Spinning Strike increased ~ 2 seconds and damage would then need to be buffed a bit (atleast 20% total)

Slam should get a buff, or it should deal that damage unmitigated

Reaping Strike should make you immune to damage when you charge it up to max, and change the animation of it, makin it act like a SWORD that is blocking attacks, and the gwf movement in that moment should be like a GF using shield, this will be interesting and it will act like you change stances , but you can be attacked from behind and disable your reaping strike. Interesting. I dont know about CC immunity though because you could chain sprint/reaping.unstoppable. This ability just needs to do ALOT more damage. I see no reason this shouldnt crit LIKE an "aim shot" HR at will and should crit for massive #s.

Restoring Strike gettin half of the HP , but when you are affected by Healing Depression you get the half of a half, so this should be changed, remove one of this 2 penalties. Didnt know about this!

Agree with everything else....
  • Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Think I shall shelve my GWF...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I feel like this is module 4 all over again.

WE (the GWF community) are telling you exactly how to change the class in a BALANCED way but instead of listening to the class players, the DEVs go a different direction.

Now obviously there is alot in store for module 6 and lvl 70 cap we have not tested.

But seeing as the lvl 60 GWF is the "foundation" for the lvl 70 GWF, they really need to fix the foundation before building ontop of it alot.

The FIRST change I would like to see is:
    *remove* at will damage reduction during unstoppable.

Then would come:
    STR = 2% dmg (up from 1).
    Things like Destroyer/Weapon Master stacks reverting DOWN to 3 stacks total at increased effectiveness and duration (id even go as far as saying stacks should last as long as your in combat. Leave combat and stacks fall off) - This would be more beneficial for Console users

Then THIRD would be things like:
    *rework* Temp HP from Unstoppable given at the END of unstoppable and doubled (either that or HD doesnt affect temp HP anymore)
    Along with a buff to "Steadfast Determination" - either doubling the passive generation of this, or give some type of stamina spent = determination.

Now you would have a MUCH harder hitting GWF with more utiliyt around unstoppable/sprint. So it would be ideal to now fix things like Mark giving us SO much damage:

Powerful Challenge being changed to just put increased Threat.
    Mark 20% dmg boost removed in favor of JUST granting combat advantage damage bonus.
    DOUBLING (Yes DOUBLING) at will damage (Sure Strike, Reaping Strike, Weapon Master Strike, wicked strike)

ALL of these changes would actually produce the desired effect of having Sentinels be much more tanky (Steadfast determination buff + Temp HP at the end of unstoppable = less actual HP loss for unstoppable) Destroyers would have their damage boosted via destroyer stacks lasing much longer, meaning more damage. Also more at will damage. Instagators STILL need some love. But atleast this would balance ALOT of things. Not to mention it would remove the "Intimidation" PVP Burst build. Since ALOT of the damage for that comes from Mark.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    I feel like this is module 4 all over again.

WE (the GWF community) are telling you exactly how to change the class in a BALANCED way but instead of listening to the class players, the DEVs go a different direction.

Now obviously there is alot in store for module 6 and lvl 70 cap we have not tested.

But seeing as the lvl 60 GWF is the "foundation" for the lvl 70 GWF, they really need to fix the foundation before building ontop of it alot.

The FIRST change I would like to see is:
    *remove* at will damage reduction during unstoppable.

Then would come:
    STR = 2% dmg (up from 1).
    Things like Destroyer/Weapon Master stacks reverting DOWN to 3 stacks total at increased effectiveness and duration (id even go as far as saying stacks should last as long as your in combat. Leave combat and stacks fall off) - This would be more beneficial for Console users

Then THIRD would be things like:
    *rework* Temp HP from Unstoppable given at the END of unstoppable and doubled (either that or HD doesnt affect temp HP anymore)
    Along with a buff to "Steadfast Determination" - either doubling the passive generation of this, or give some type of stamina spent = determination.

Now you would have a MUCH harder hitting GWF with more utiliyt around unstoppable/sprint. So it would be ideal to now fix things like Mark giving us SO much damage:

Powerful Challenge being changed to just put increased Threat.
    Mark 20% dmg boost removed in favor of JUST granting combat advantage damage bonus.
    DOUBLING (Yes DOUBLING) at will damage (Sure Strike, Reaping Strike, Weapon Master Strike, wicked strike)

ALL of these changes would actually produce the desired effect of having Sentinels be much more tanky (Steadfast determination buff + Temp HP at the end of unstoppable = less actual HP loss for unstoppable) Destroyers would have their damage boosted via destroyer stacks lasing much longer, meaning more damage. Also more at will damage. Instagators STILL need some love. But atleast this would balance ALOT of things. Not to mention it would remove the "Intimidation" PVP Burst build. Since ALOT of the damage for that comes from Mark.

give some changes in scenario... i agree and, reinforced what i said before, a good way to up reaping strike damage is turn grand fissure a casting atwill like this.

FondJoyfulBoubou.gif

in your case, change radius for range and put slow.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug
    Unfettered Strikes is granting 104% movespeed when you take 5/5 and have 4 stacks
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited February 2015

if this lvl 60 is what will be a lvl 70 in the end, including the base damage, take a rest. gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood job.

note, i still dont see other classes, but THAT gwf is amazing comparated to live gwf. be proud!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    with the diminished effectiveness of power at level 70 + the very low base damage of GWF's at-wills and encounters, I don't see how this class is classified as "damage dealing class"
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ah... for a second i have the impression they had increased the base damage of the class, maybe change the mark.,,

well, the daggers is cool. now dev friends, the diference between a happy gwf (and a happy is a annoying guy like me) and a sad gwf is this base damage+2 funny encounters without need mark.

grand fissure

for some reason, the encounter stop to work after some uses agains the dummies.

edit: http://youtu.be/s7zhbD_XwcU

that is not the max damage (the max damage in this level is a little op) but that is the way. i still need practice, but dont have that fun since beta. giving the cap level and the fact that i dont know for what is the porpose of this new encounters (test area/effect for buffs or replaces ) i will dont test more, but... is this. more base damage instead of mark and aoe encounters+nice effects.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, or just give us marking option to more than 2 encounters. Liek those new daggers on NSF. Pretty please?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    edited February 2015
    gonna clump all my post together for easier viewing.

Bug: Mighty Blade

Mighty Blade - Your AoE damage is increased by 5/10/15/20/25%.

Mighty Blade does NOT boost the following AoE powers:
    -Avalanche of Steel
    -Slam
    -Spinning Strike
    -Wicked Strike
    -Weapon Master's Strike
    -Reaping Strike
    -Frontline Surge
    -Intimidation (via Come and Get It)
    -Intimidation (via Daring Shout)
    -Grand Fissure
    -Indomitable Battle Strike
    -Hidden Daggers

Bug: Wrathful Determination

Wrathful Determination does NOT boost the following melee powers:
    -Not So Fast
    -Spinning Strike
    -Punishing Charge

The double bonus damage is also not working on full Determination

The doubled effect when determination is full seems a bit ironic since GWFs need to use unstoppable a lot to tank things since it lacks of dodges, even sentinels have to spam unstoppable because there are just too many CCs in the game, specially in PVP. The Unstoppable meter depletes very fast even from full bar, and people rarely wait for it to go full because of how they always need it. I suggest making the bonus damage stick to you for 5 seconds when you hit full bar. OR you could buff GWF's unstoppable back and make it last longer and have its determination gain better :p

Bug: Hidden Daggers

You fling a series of hidden blades at foes in front of you. This power increases your melee damage by 10% for 8 seconds.

Hidden Daggers does NOT boost the following melee powers:
    -Not So Fast
    -Spinning Strike
    -Punishing Charge

Hidden Daggers also DOES NOT GRANT AP
    Hidden Daggers DOES NOT benefit from Trample The Fallen

Bug: Hidden Daggers and Grand Fissure

Hidden Daggers and Grand Fissure does not increase in damage when you rank it up. It is also not affected by Endless Assault (Your encounter powers deals 2%/4%/6% more damage)

P.S. I saw that Grand Fissure was buffed now does +15% per rank(up from 10%). Thanks for taking my suggestion!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    zacazu wrote: »
    ah... for a second i have the impression they had increased the base damage of the class, maybe change the mark.,,

well, the daggers is cool. now dev friends, the diference between a happy gwf (and a happy is a annoying guy like me) and a sad gwf is this base damage+2 funny encounters without need mark.

grand fissure

for some reason, the encounter stop to work after some uses agains the dummies.

edit: http://youtu.be/s7zhbD_XwcU

that is not the max damage (the max damage in this level is a little op) but that is the way. i still need practice, but dont have that fun since beta. giving the cap level and the fact that i dont know for what is the porpose of this new encounters (test area/effect for buffs or replaces ) i will dont test more, but... is this. more base damage instead of mark and aoe encounters+nice effects.

1ST of all this is innacurate, reason is that you are level 60, and all the gear will go lvl 70, meaning that there will be no GWF with lvl 60 having purple set, other thing is that you still have the old stats curves , just go lvl 70 and tell us more about the damage you deal.
    2nd of all its quite interesting what they've done and the only thing i come in mind right at the moment is that they need to fix other classes, cause majority of them are broken and probably they will be released with broken feats and powers. the way the DC/SW/TR/CW/HR feedback goes out atm, we will probably have another mod released with broken stuff.
    s
This discussion has been closed.