test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spellstorm Renegade Guide: Death is the Best Crowd Control

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Hit Points...as much as you can. Defense and Lifesteal aren't going to do much for you if you keep getting one shot.

Otherwise, just focus on playing defensively, being really diligent to avoid red, ect. If need be, put Shield on Tab. The loss of a spell slot is far better than constantly dying. Keep in mind these new level 70 dungeons are TOUGH until you get better gear, way harder that gearing up at level 60.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    pbrand45pbrand45 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Thanks for answering. So even though we have a larger hp pool, hp enchantments still are better def enchantments.

With a 80% crit severity, what % should I stack crit chance to before dumping into power.
  • Options
    boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    pbrand45 said:

Thanks for answering. So even though we have a larger hp pool, hp enchantments still are better def enchantments.

With a 80% crit severity, what % should I stack crit chance to before dumping into power.

Definitely something I would like to know too. I have my RI at 60% finally and power around 11k and crate around 8k. Wondering if I should swap out some power enchantments for Crit.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    When give the choice, I got for as much Critical Strike as I can, but for my enchantments, I'm building for the longer term using Brutals to split between Power and Crit.

I honestly don't know what the perfect mix is for the two stats, but from what others have extrapolated, you can go deeper into Critical Strike now, probably deeper than you can realistically manage, and not have a problem.

I would at least aim for an in-combat crit rate of 70%, so when Chaotic Nexus procs, you're critting at 100% for 10 seconds.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    pbrand45pbrand45 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Thank you, just the advise I needed. Being new to mod6, your build has made it pretty easy. I can solo shanadar, and dread ring. Icewind and dungeons are more difficult because I have to have shield on tab. Since col isn't on tab , I'm not getting chill stacks from it, thus losing control and dmg. But when we get double xp I should be able to upgrade enough to do more dmg where sheild won't be needed.

I think the biggest hump to over come is going from eternal armor/mod 5 t2 gear to the alliance gear. Most guilds only have a hand full of 70s so u have to queue and pray. I got lucky with the queue and was able to get my alliance and some elemental alliance.
  • Options
    sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    hi! i'm a returning player, haven't played NW for over a year. i've read the guide and now looking to respec my wizard to try the game again. but i'm a bit embarrassed about my powers. screenshots on the first page show only 3 levels of powers up to lvl60. in game i see 4 levels on all powers from lvl1. so how are powers leveled up now? maybe someone has already asked this and you can provide a link to the answer?
  • Options
    No worries. When they raised the cap to level 70, they added a 4th power upgrade. I didn't redo the screenshots below level 60 (because it's a bit of work :wink: ) but assume that anything upgraded to level 3 is something you'll also want to upgrade to level 4 when you get the power points.

Level 4 powers unlock after spending 70 points and at level 70.

I would unlock Chilling Presence and Storm Spell first, then Icy Terrain, Oppressive Force, Ray of Enfeeblement, Chilling Cloud, Disintegrate, Conduit of Ice, Steal Time, Ice Knife and Chill Strike.

i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    thanks much! i'll be testing it out!
  • Options
    The only post-level 60 power worth getting is Disintegrate...the other stuff is trash.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Feytouch has a much bigger benefit to your DPS, and none for the group. The damage reduction on enemies could be considered helpful, but not as much as the debuff from Terror, Plaguefire or even Vorpal.

Thanks for the reply. Would you know if fey touched is bugged?

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

Hit Points...as much as you can. Defense and Lifesteal aren't going to do much for you if you keep getting one shot.

On a side note, for better geared chars, I went for savage enchants in the defensive slots. When you get near to BIS gear, it will be like in old times, when you were able to facetank everything exept onehits (with the difference, that there are more AoEs able to oneshot you now).

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Are any of you NOT going all in on DF gear. Unless someone can convince me orherwise, i am going DF gloves, elven healm, and alliance chest and boots.
  • Options
    I went DF Assault Cap, DF Raid Arms and Shoes, and Elemental Alliance Raid robes.

I think it works out to slightly less crit and power, but more recovery, armor pen, and about 6k extra hit points.

Ultimately, the upgrade is marginal whichever way you mix and match the pieces, so I wouldn't cook my noodle to jump up to DF gear...I honestly just like the change. :smile:
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Hard to give up the Alliance Robes...lol thanks for your input.
  • Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    I am taking a slightly different tack. DF Assault hat, DF raid arms, Elemental Burning Executioner robes, Elemental Burning Executioner boots. I suspect we're all looking at the same trade-offs, just slightly different needs.
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I have a different sort of question, what food/consumables do you use?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    I am taking a slightly different tack. DF Assault hat, DF raid arms, Elemental Burning Executioner robes, Elemental Burning Executioner boots. I suspect we're all looking at the same trade-offs, just slightly different needs.

Why would you use burning outside of PvP?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    I do occasionally pvp, and I only keep 1 set of fully tricked out gear. Regardless of pvp'ing, the boots have crit :)
  • Options
    Is there a point (in Crit %) where you would take Phantasmal over Chilling Feat?
  • Options
    100%.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    LOL, somehow, I knew you would say that. I am sitting at 77% unbuffed. Not sure how to get up any further without severely cutting power.
  • Options
    Well, at the end of the day, Crit Severity isn't as valuable as it looks, and since Storm Spell can't crit anymore...:(

The only reason I went back to Vorpal was because of the Lostmauth set :disappointed:
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    So use the Vorpal over the Plague fire now?
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• Options
    Either is fine.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Well, at the end of the day, Crit Severity isn't as valuable as it looks, and since Storm Spell can't crit anymore...:(

The only reason I went back to Vorpal was because of the Lostmauth set :disappointed:

Has there been any word from the devs. on if the Lostmauth set is WAI on the CW, or if they are going to nerf it any time soon?

Feels slightly wrong to refine a STR/DEX belt on my not so strong/dexterious CW...
    (or maybe that's just what he wants, impressing everyone with his athletic skills?)

I'm playing on XB1 so I need to make a decision soon, since we're bound to get 2xRP soon, and it would be nice to get the most mileage possible out of those precious RP :)
  • Options
    Oh, it's obviously horribly broken, no don't about that...but no indications from the Devs about a potential nerf. The neck and artifact are ok...don't bother refining the belt. Even with zero RP, the set bonus still works :smile:
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    muthubashamuthubasha Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i have some doubts 1. does the runestone or eqipment of companion add to companion stat bonus? 2. does training runestone give exp to companion only or also players? 3. what augment does? 4. how to calculate the weapon damage(disintegrate kills instant if foe below 280 weapon damage).
    thanks in advance...
  • Options
    Yes, if it's a stat the companion has. For example, companions don't have +AP gain or +combat advantage damage, so those do not transfer. They also don't have +exp gain, so that stat doesn't transfer, but they benefit from the experience gain.

As for Disintegrate instant kills...the minimum damage you're doing with Disintegrate always seems to be higher than the thresholds, so it's a bit pointless, in my opinion. :smile:
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Sorry, is lostmauth still the best set for this build?
    I've heard it's been nerfed recently on PC...
    Since I'm a low-geared newb and need higher survivability instead of DPS I was thinking of Lathander Seldarine for it's Life Steal :smile:
    Post edited by randomdigits#2166 on
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers