What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spellstorm Renegade Guide: Death is the Best Crowd Control

1303132333436»

Comments

• Options
    furycury82furycury82 Member Posts: 21 Arc User

Not trying to be a pain, just curious if a whole revision of the guide is in the works, or if you decided it didn't need updating after all, ironzerg79.

I'm with you man! The play style has shifted quite a bit in mod10 and large AOE with little damage just doesn't work vs giants. Would love to see an update or a few pointers thrown our way. Thanks!

• Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    men i have 70% crit chance should I stop there, what's the ideal top????
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I'd like to see an update for this build after today's MOD, not a new post but update to existing post. My control wizard is currently Thaumaturge with the 3 full feat's of Oppressor, still your Renegade Build is very nice I must say and update be welcome.

:)
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    strathkin said:

I'd like to see an update for this build after today's MOD, not a new post but update to existing post. My control wizard is currently Thaumaturge with the 3 full feat's of Oppressor, still your Renegade Build is very nice I must say and update be welcome.

:)

I am using part of this build on my CW. I modified it a bit to meet how I play and so far it is going well for me. I have a few things left to modify on my character in gear, artifact level, etc...but my feats are done tight and I like how I can do good damage and help the group with some buffs.

I toyed around with the Thaumaturge and the Oppressor builds but the Renegade is more about group play than solo play. Even in solo play the buff help my character out making the Renegade feat path a very good option for CW looking for more than crowd control effects or self damage.

My other characters are also group buffers so it makes only sense for me to play my CW as a Renegade.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Nothing really has changed. You go Rene/Thaum for spell twisting or Rene/Opp for icy veins. You take Rene crit feats until you no longer need them and take Abyss. Always slot Chilling and Storm Spell. If MOF, someone else will have to chime in. Sharpedge has a great guide on this as well, but you will need to "Google" for it.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    niadan said:

Nothing really has changed. You go Rene/Thaum for spell twisting or Rene/Opp for icy veins. You take Rene crit feats until you no longer need them and take Abyss. Always slot Chilling and Storm Spell. If MOF, someone else will have to chime in. Sharpedge has a great guide on this as well, but you will need to "Google" for it.

If you are fluent in german, there is a good guide by nero for MOF and thraum builds in the german forum.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    if you are fluent in german, ask the guy who made the guide if you can translate it and port it over to the english forums for those who AREN'T fluent​​
  • Options
    mightogai#9693 mightogai Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I had a free weekend (and some spare AD) where I tried a variety of different builds, I'm ilevel 2300. Renegade is still the best, even though I don't freeze things instantly as no icy veins, I'm still able to tank things better than I can with Icy Veins. Also the 10% extra crit chance means so much more lightning from storm spell class feature, plus I'm always highest healer when there's no DC or Pally around, healing way more than other classes, plus giving the group buffs etc. I love this build.

I currently sit at 14% lifesteal, in Kessells etc I'm standing in the front lines with the GWFs and GFs. The survavbility insane. When I can reach 60% crit chance through gear without the Rene buff then I might convert to Thaum, until then I'm sticking with this.
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    best guide ever, im at 3.2 old IL and 11667 new IL and i still read this guide, i modified my build a little on the boons on sharandar and dread ring on 4th boon went offensive, since there is so much healing from mounts, i would like to see an update here, havent seen ironzeg post anything anywhere on forums which is weird!!!
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Word is that Ironzerg is taking a break from the game.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother