test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spellstorm Renegade Guide: Death is the Best Crowd Control

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    @ironzerg79
    Just posting this here, as it was brought to my attention and it deserves looking at. It seems a MoF CW using PF, Critical Conflagration and swathe of destruction with crit conflag offhand bonus plus the death slaad active bonus has some weird interaction, dealing more damage then the cookie cutter SS ren build (recording about 1/7th higher dps on ACT). I am not quite sure whats going on here, I only just recently had the ability to look into this and I was curious if you know anything about this.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    What was the interaction? And any chances of looking at the parses? I'm always skeptical of stuff that's purely against multiple test dummies.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2015

What was the interaction? And any chances of looking at the parses? I'm always skeptical of stuff that's purely against multiple test dummies.

When I am at my pc I will upload them (currently on my tablet) and link them here. There seems to be an interaction between smolder, dot enchants and the death slaad, it kind of looks like smolder may be classified as an at will or something and is messing with the slaad, but I haven't been able to identify exactly what is happening here. I was looking at this yesterday with @jaegernl who was the player who first identified that there was some weird interaction. He may have discovered more since then.

*edit: Sorry for being so vague, but I don't actually fully understand whats happening here. Its not that I am saying that this makes MoF better then SS, what I would like is to get more help on puzzling this one out :)
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    That could make sense, with "Cryptic" mechanics...any at-will that applies smolder makes the smolder act as an at-will, hence multi-procing the Slaad bonus.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • fallengodlokifallengodloki Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    @ironzerg79 "I went DF Assault Cap, DF Raid Arms and Shoes, and Elemental Alliance Raid robes."

Do you mean Elemental Elven Alliance Raid Robes? The way it reads, it sounded like you were talking about the T2 dungeon drop gear.
    Elemental Dragonflight Assault Cap, Elemental Dragonflight Raid Armlets, Elemental Dragonflight Raid Shoes and Elemental Alliance Raid Robes....yes the T1 version.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • fallengodlokifallengodloki Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    That seems odd to me. Wouldn't the T2 chest have higher stats, or was it the stat distribution overall? (Keep in mind im on xbox, we just got stronghold update today)
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    Elemental Alliance Raid Robes has less power but it has crit.
    Elven and dragonflight have less power and a lot of not-as-useful-as-crit recovery.
    Exactly. I'll be switching things up again in Module 8, but I did want to take advantage of the HP/Power set bonus on Dragonflight, while minimizing the amount of critical strike and power I lost. I think that's the best combination, and I'll take the extra recovery and hit points over a tiny loss of power/critical.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I jus got myself an augment and personalized adamant ring of piercing, which made me really happy, what do i put on defense slot on the rings and the slots of the items for the augment? Was told lifesteal but i see a lot of players with 3k or 4k defense.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    solbergx said:

I jus got myself an augment and personalized adamant ring of piercing, which made me really happy, what do i put on defense slot on the rings and the slots of the items for the augment? Was told lifesteal but i see a lot of players with 3k or 4k defense.

Shouldn't it be radiants for HP?

I'd wait until the tradebar store changes hit til buying/making enchants though. Rank 7s are going to be 6 tradebars a piece so prices could drop pretty hard.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    @thefabricant @ironzerg79 Effects that make the target receive more damage (so debuffs on the target), do buff the Slaad's DoT.
    New boons with underdark!!!
    Indeed. Some great boons...and rings with 2 offensive slots! Woohoo!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1

Where do i see the rings?
    Hi, i just bought my whole elven set just like your guide:
    elven raid cap,
    elven raid armlet,
    elven assault robe and
    elven assault shoes.
    The thing is I lost nearly 1.4k points in power?
    Should i change all my offense enchantments to power (radiant) or should i go power + crit (brutal)
    I can only afford enchants lvl 8 for now.
    What did you switch from?
    i7TZDZK.gif?1

Alliance raid and assault items
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

200+ HEs/skirmishes later ...

WHERE ARE THESE RINGS YOU SPEAK OF.

Hope the drop rate on legendary rings is a lot better in epic demogorgon because trying to get +5 rings in HEs/Skirmishes/Normal demo seems like trying to get a horn to drop in elol.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Ever since mod 6 dropped on Xbox I've been seeing about 3-6 horns drop a month from the dragon. I've never seen it that often before.

Alliance raid and assault items
    Gearing is honestly more of a stat preference now. Power and Critical Strike are still your best to, but there's a lot of sets to chose to mix and match.

Right now, I'm planning on at least going 3 pieces of Elemental Drowcraft, to get ready for Epic Demogorgon. I think those set bonuses are going to be pretty key in Epic. I'll keep my other Elemental Dragonflight pieces in the bank though.

So don't worry too much about what the exact best pieces are anymore. The differences are really going to end up being marginal.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Epic Demogorgon will still be about an OP keeping everyone alive and everyone debuffing Demogorgon / buffing the heck out of a fabled SW to faceroll. Everything else is just achievement hunting imo.
    Until they finally fix the fabled SW set...but not every group can count on using a broken set. It's better to run with groups who are good enough to not need that sort of thing.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • pencerionpencerion Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This is a great guide Ironzerg. I'm sure all the newbs like myself really appreciate the time and effort you've put in to it.

Now that mod8 is out, will you be doing a new guide? Or has Underdark not really changed things enough to need an update?

I'm at lvl70 now so about to do a respec based on your previous advice in this guide. Was just wondering whether to get on with it or hang on for an update.
    Nothing really changed. You should be good to go.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User

Gearing is honestly more of a stat preference now. Power and Critical Strike are still your best to, but there's a lot of sets to chose to mix and match.

Right now, I'm planning on at least going 3 pieces of Elemental Drowcraft, to get ready for Epic Demogorgon. I think those set bonuses are going to be pretty key in Epic. I'll keep my other Elemental Dragonflight pieces in the bank though.

So don't worry too much about what the exact best pieces are anymore. The differences are really going to end up being marginal.

So, what are the 4 pieces your going with then, which piece of the dragonflight are you keeping? Just curious.
  • iw84itiw84it Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Tysm for this build i reach lv 60 with this build yesterday and was pretty fun with this . And im f2p yet im working to lv 70 first then 1 thing at time. I have the PF.. Soulforged and rest of r7 should i refine enchantments or buy?
    Btw my name ig is Lia@iw84it and ty for your efforth with this ironzerg help me a lot.. Peace
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User

So, what are the 4 pieces your going with then, which piece of the dragonflight are you keeping? Just curious.
    For what it's worth, I'll go for an elemental fury drow robes, elemental assault dragonflight awful cone hat, elemental fury dragonflight boots and gloves.
  • venuslightheartvenuslightheart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2015

7: Leveling to 60

Here's some progressive shots of what to do with your feats and powers, to help guide you to 60. You'll have plenty of power points, so I recommend putting at least one power point into each power as you level.

The screens caps below are a good guide as to power point allocation as you level up. Anything with a GOLD border is great and highly used in this build. Anything with a SILVER border is situational and worth having points in. Anything else is rarely used in my builds (but they still might be used by others). I would allocate at least one point to a GOLD ability first, then upgrade to max. Then move on to SILVER abilities.

Powers up to 20 points (and spell selections at the bottom)

Typical rotation at low levels is: Chill Strike (tab) on the biggest thing in the pack -> Conduit of Ice on the big guy. By now the minions are dead. You can Ray of Frost the big guy to death, or use Entangling Force to tie him up, and then RoF him. Repeat as necessary.

Class Features are Arcane Presence and Chilling Presence. If you're building Arcane Stacks with Magic Missile, Arcane Presence will also increase your frost damage. Chilling Presence is a big debuff to anything with chill stacks, so keep it slotted. All the other class features are a bit useless.

Bp9yj3v.jpg

Powers up to 40 points (Yey for more AOE!)

At this point, you can put Conduit of Ice on tab, slot Icy Terrain and Sudden Storm for more AOE death.

This level is where you start to become an AOE powerhouse. Basically pull and blow up as many mobs as possible. Chilling Cloud becomes your "go to" at will thanks to the last hit being an AOE, and don't forget to make use of Oppressive Force on big pulls to daze everything and do lots of damage.

CsWqDqE.jpg

Powers up to 60 points (this should get you about everything you need)

Here's where it all comes together. Storm Spell should be added instead of Arcane Presence as soon as you get it. Congratulations, you damage is now going to be through the roof. Add Steal Time to the bar as soon as you can, and continue to have fun being EVEN MORE powerful!

90TJrdp.jpg

Powers at level 70

In my humble opinion, there's only one power worth the points in PvE after level 60: Disintegrate.

8zK1ksG.jpg

ironzerg79- How current is this Power Chart? Is this your current chart or do you have someting more up to date? I planning to Respec too.