test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spellstorm Renegade Guide: Death is the Best Crowd Control

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    niadan wrote: »
    I am trying to decide if i move from owlbear to the blackice or the charisma belt. How much difference is there between the blackice and the charisma belt in crit chance...2% ?

I think the Greater Black Ice belt is now CON/CHA, so it's not great for CWs. I just went with the VT Belt.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Old Mod 5 post, IRON, but thanks for the reply...lol Went with VT belt as well :wink:
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Sorry, these new forums both confuse and bewilder this old man. Change is bad. Bad.

Now get off my lawn!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    kevian87kevian87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    As far as the off-hand power, Chilling Presence seems very nice. I'm curious as to how it compares to Storm Spell. Chilling Presence seems like a straight 3% damage increase as soon as you get your 6 stacks of chill.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Storm Spell off-hand power is higher damage and can crit.
  • Options
    Exactly. And post-Storm Spell nerf, it's better because those bonus hits can crit as @niadan mentioned
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    Hey Ironzerg,

Any insights on what runestones to use (how many/etc?) and what enchants to put in for the gear on the pets?

For example, why not eldritch runestones vs. bonding? Which ones are allowed to stack?

Is it safe to assume that if I need more Arpen, that I should equip my active companion's gear with Dark's (for offensive slots)?

What about Def slots?

Thanks for any help you can give. Once again, thanks for the build/guide. It dramatically increased by survivability and damage!!!
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    mjonis wrote: »
    Hey Ironzerg,

Any insights on what runestones to use (how many/etc?) and what enchants to put in for the gear on the pets?

For example, why not eldritch runestones vs. bonding? Which ones are allowed to stack?

Is it safe to assume that if I need more Arpen, that I should equip my active companion's gear with Dark's (for offensive slots)?

What about Def slots?

Thanks for any help you can give. Once again, thanks for the build/guide. It dramatically increased by survivability and damage!!!

That depends on your companion. If it's an augment pet, then every def rune slot should be filled with an eldritch. If it's an active one then every runestone slot should be filled with bonding stones.

Concerning equipement, you got it right, you equip it with the stats you need on your toon.
    Concerning def enchantment slots, HP is transferred to you only on augment pets, bonding runestones don't transfer them, so unless it's an augment you equip it with anything you need except HP. I put dark enchants on my kelemvor acolyte's defensive slots.
  • Options
    grottolgrottol Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Ideal weapon and armor Enchants?

I'm becoming richer, so I can buy something more. I've been using Lesser Soulforged and a Greater Fire (an upgraded PF ench) enchants. I still feel PlagueFire is the best, because of the DoT, flat damage boost, and defense debuff to enemies. Vorpals are a bit expensive, over 1.5mil AD for a regular.
  • Options
    Personally, I'm using a Pure Plaguefire. No reason to go to Transcendent. And then Soulforged in PvE. But I don't PvP. I'm fairly resource-rich, but not to the point where I can keep up on the BiS PvP treadmill.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    grottolgrottol Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I mean, I run Kessels with Shield on Spell Mastery instead of Conduit of Ice, just to survive. I keep chill stacks up with my at wills and Icy Terrain mostly. I guess I could upgrade my PlagueFire to do a bit better.
  • Options
    zickyjackszickyjacks Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Personally, I'm using a Pure Plaguefire. No reason to go to Transcendent. And then Soulforged in PvE. But I don't PvP. I'm fairly resource-rich, but not to the point where I can keep up on the BiS PvP treadmill.

I actually went trans. It's pretty awesome when that AoE kicks in.
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I have a question, you take Focused Wizadry feat which reduces the AOE damage but increases the single target. Being this is largely an AOE build that seems odd. I'm assuming it's purely to buff Disintegrate?
  • Options
    So most of the toughest fights in the game require strong single target damage, so I think the trade off on 10% less AOE damage for 30% more Single Target damage is definitely worth it.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    I've had a few people, particularly Xboxers message me about a gear update now that Mod 6 is coming to Xbox. I'll probably work on getting an updated gear guide done this week, guys.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    So most of the toughest fights in the game require strong single target damage, so I think the trade off on 10% less AOE damage for 30% more Single Target damage is definitely worth it.

Exactly as I thought, thanks, I don't just want to play the build, I want to make sure I understand it. Appreciate it.
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    The way the math was determined to work is that they act as 5% x 5% multipliers at the end of the CA damage formula, so they are extremely good. In fact, if you can routinely create combat advantage, they're the highest DPS pets available.

right now, my active companions are ioun radiance (legendary), dancing blade (epic), blink dog (epic), wild hunt rider (epic) & erinyes (epic)

I also have a green intellect devourer. would it be better to get this to epic and switch it for one of the above non-summoned actives to increase DPS from CA, and if so, which one?
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    I would personally drop the dancing blade.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    Gear section is an update in progress as I have time at work, so don't read too much into it over the next couple days as it gets filled out.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    Thank you for the updates.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    grottol wrote: »
    Ideal weapon and armor Enchants?

I'm becoming richer, so I can buy something more. I've been using Lesser Soulforged and a Greater Fire (an upgraded PF ench) enchants. I still feel PlagueFire is the best, because of the DoT, flat damage boost, and defense debuff to enemies. Vorpals are a bit expensive, over 1.5mil AD for a regular.

Weapon:

Vorpal for personal dps No 1. in PvE and decent in PvP

For buff/ debuff/ group there is a choice btw. feytouched, terror and PF.
    PF is a budget enchant, compared to the other two, but bc of that in a PuG group you will have more then one PF user and the debuff does not stack.
    Terror, decent buff/ debuff. More likely to be the only one running with it, but more expensive. Furthermore as a player with many DoT spells, CW is better equiped to keep the PF stacks up, so terror is a better debuff option for tanks etc. Some use the t. terror in PvP for its CC effect.
    Feytouched, decent buff to your own dmg and dmg debuff for mobs/enemy. No. 1 PvP enchant, as far as I can see.

For more CC in PvE, you can use the frostburn enchant. It is the cheapest available option.

Armor:

Soulforged for PvE.

For PvP either negation or elven battle enchant. Before the new buffs/ debuffs from stronghold are in play, I cant say, if negation is now a 'must have' to survive or useless due to high armor pen and burst dmg. Be aware, that PvP is very gear heavy. Some gear will get you somewhere, but it is a long way to even have a fighting chance against BIS PvP players.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    wyrmheartwyrmheart Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hey guys, I'm just getting to the point of unlocking the mh artifact on the xbox, but since it's going to be obsolete with mod 6 release next month, I just stopped working on it and on refining my artifact equipment. Is this the best course of action? Will all this equipment be obsolete right away or will it be useful before lvl 70? Got a ton of refining stones just sitting in my inventory and I have found no clue about this...
  • Options
    I would probably unlock it, maybe take it to blue since it's cheap. It'll still be a nice weapon to get, and then on a 2x RP weekend you can dump in back in and get 80% of the RP back...but don't go crazy on it. Otherwise, if you're not really struggling right now, don't worry about it.

It really depends on how much "a ton" is...to some people that's dozens, other it's thousands.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    It's close to 1 million rp in the bank, between stones that drop from dragon's hoard enchantment and stuff I've bought off the ah. But how soon these artifacts become obsolete? As soon as lvl 61 or only at 70?
  • Options
    At 70. But what I'd do personally then is just get to 70. You get your off hand for completely the journey to 70 from Lord Neverember. You get your main hand from finishing Spinward Rise, which is the 66+ zone in Elemental Evil. They're actually making finishing this part a lot easier for you guys, so that shouldn't be a huge headache.

You can then wait for 2x weekend to toss all that juicy RP into the new stuff.

I would also look for an Ensorcelled Mulhorand Orb/Talisman to use to level 70 if you find it "reasonable" on the AH. I don't know if people on the Xbox will understand how valuable those items will be right off the bat...they'll drop from boxes in the new Elemental lockbox.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips ironzerg, you certainly helped a lot.
  • Options
    lisin0lisin0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi ironzerg,

first off all, thanks for this guide. ;)

I have two questions. What do you think is actually the best power/crit ratio to optimize the own dps? I have round about 19300 Power and 11400 Crit (with CP 62% Crit Chance).

The new Mod.7 armor has a lot of recovery at all pieces. I think we don`t need these recovery with Spell Twisting and Fight on. Are there any changes since Module 7 in relation to recovery?
  • Options
    Quick gear question...when you get to 70, what is the target gear? For example, is it still HV or something else? I may have missed it, but I didn't see anything on what armor, etc. you should be looking for.
  • Options
    Level 70 gear updated. Artifact gear changes coming soon.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    Also, in regards to the Stronghold armors...it might make sense to match 3 pieces of the Dragonflight armor with the Lionsmane PvP Robe. But that's a long way off for most of us, so as I get closer to actually getting the pieces, we'll figure it out.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1