Install Arc
Options

Tiamat Encounter - Community Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    laks0nvelllaks0nvell Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Possibility of a work-around, making a 25 man guildie group

Unfortunately, I cannot test this at this moment because I am banned due to banbot collateral damage, but no rage here, dont want post deleted. I am also unsure if nobody remembered this little trick, it was used before just not on a massive scale. If someone could try it out and post here if it worked, that would be swell.

List of requirements:

25 iron clad, bloodthirsty veterans ready for beheading
    invite plan

Optional: best to try this out during low server load, just to increase the chance of finding a sweet spot instance.
    The works

Vanguard: a team of 5 people that does most of the work, referenced to as "Vanguard" trough the plan.

1: everyone goes in, other than Vanguard nobody is grouped, but everyone is inside. Wait 2 minutes so you can swap instance.
    2: Vanguard picks the instance. The less people the better.
    3: Vanguard breaks group. Immediately 5 groups are formed, invite plan is determined before the plan is set in motion
    4: Everyone switches instance to a Vanguards instance trough party frame.
    5: Is it profit? Wont know untill someone tries.

Best case: 25 party
    Worst case: 10-15 guildies, still not bad

The idea comes from start of ToT, where I get grouped with someone in a full instance and still swap to their instance. Yes, I know the posibility of exploits, I still decided to post this knowing that having a few extra 10k meatshieds that are just gonna get carried isn't a big deal.
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zaikoshen wrote: »
    What is the necessity to have a guild? why the devs dont create a "Guild Queue System"? *snip*

This ^. We need a Guild and Party que option to be implemented!
    Trick to the door. Look/aim up and you'll be able to click it.

Nice, I'll give it a try. Getting out that tiny little door after the fight is super annoying. XD
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    15 minutes seems way too low for that much work ...
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    So is there any point to do those Prevent Tiamat's return tasks? Is there something special in the end? Because all I want is to get enough Linu for my off-hand.

AFAIK you can keep turning in dragon hoard coins, coffers and empire treasures for Linu's favors so there is no need to do that task, but it also opens up another task that enables you to make empire treasure so completing it helps you either get favors faster or cheaper if you prefer to buy the coffers or empire treasures off the AH or AD shop.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    healary wrote: »
    AFAIK you can keep turning in dragon hoard coins, coffers and empire treasures for Linu's favors so there is no need to do that task, but it also opens up another task that enables you to make empire treasure so completing it helps you either get favors faster or cheaper if you prefer to buy the coffers or empire treasures off the AH or AD shop.

The only problem is, it cost you 5 linu's favors for that 5/5 tasks. Which you need to make 37.5 empire treasures to make up for that 5 favors lost. I'd imagine that's also a 20hr task (also costing you mats). So it'll take you a month to get to where you want to be. Totally not worth it
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    The only problem is, it cost you 5 linu's favors for that 5/5 tasks. Which you need to make 37.5 empire treasures to make up for that 5 favors lost. I'd imagine that's also a 20hr task (also costing you mats). So it'll take you a month to get to where you want to be. Totally not worth it

But, it is the only way to get a key to open the chest in Tiamat's Lair, for a chance at artifacts belts and books without having to get Tier 4 reclaim rewards. And 1 artifact or book would pay for the lose of 5 favors.
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello folks,

I do not have readed all the pages with suggestions but I will give my personal view about the Tiamat Event.

1. Developers should create a automated raid chat channel as soon the party is entering the zone for every single instance so there will be no interference from other instances.

2. A lot of players have worked hard and long to get to the point they are now (not talking about the invoked ones), a epic battle with a godlike Dragon. But what do i see?
    Level 60 players who doesnt even have Sharandar/Dreadring gear are able to enter de zone (I can prove it with screen shots) decked out in blue gear and rank 3/4 enchantments.
    These players are more death than alive and bring down the event for the rest.. resulting in a fail. Funny is that the same people are asking in zone chat for more donations.
    At start i have donated all the hoard I have only to see (with sore eyes) that it goes down the drain by those 10k GS people who are jumping on the band wagon to get easy access to the new Templar gear.
    Funny fact is that I have gotten 5 fails in a row but ended up in top 3 of end list (last run I was top ranked as being a Protector GF), which means that the whole event should have a (in my eyes) atleast a minimum GS score of 14/15k compaired to other dungeons GS restrictions.
    And honestly, this battle could be a bit harder too.

3. Developers should let us form groups (even a complete raidforce) before we enter the Temple (like queing with que as a group/raid) so we do not have to bear with those (in my eyes) Gold diggers like it's happening now.
    I know i wil get reactions on this from the players I am talking about.. to them i say, I have worked hard and long to reach this point and you should do the same thing instead of expecting you get all on a silver plate... WORK ON YOURSELF TO GET BETTER. Instead of jumping on the band wagon.

4. Personally I have no issues with lag inside the Temple but i do understand that some do have these problems.. Developers should try to find a way to fix this as much they can.

On the other hand the Developers have tried to create a baddass zone in which they have succeeded.. kudo's for that but it needs a lot of adjustments (especially for thos who are now screwed by the access restriction of 10k GS)
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Sadly, the developers know that KV and Astral Seal's visual effects are LAG-fest inducing and have not really come up with a correction for it other than to disable all particle effects (does this mean you don't see red splats?ouch if so) and even then the effects from those skills on 25 players causes calculation lag. The stutter-stepping is the server choking on the amount of calculations it has to send your client and this seems to cause your screen to update much slower than normal. Debuffs on dragons had a similar effect when the first ToD dragons were released.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A bigger issue I see is that you cannot complete the encounter if any one of the heads bug out and do not go above a platform. My last one resulted in 2 out of the 5 to be unkillable resulting in a wasted instance with us being able to get 4 rotations in.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    rhinefordrhineford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So laggy! But I can somehow tolerate these lags, just for me to finish and get my chest!! But this day is a total mess for me! Whenever i get a good instance with good gear ppl, i freaking ended up with crash/cryptic errors and when i relogged, BOOM my instance is gone! and transferred into a hopeless instance. Everything i've done at the beginning just turned into a fail because of this CRASh! This is very insane!
  • Options
    rhinefordrhineford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And oh, one thing. Great about inside this encounter is that you can't do commands if with all instances share into one zone channel shout.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    It's a shockingly buggy encounter. I'm amazed that it went live like this. I shouldn't be, based on past performance, but I am.

Sometimes, everything is fine- the mobs spawn, the heads work, the framerate is silky. When that happens, Tiamat gets ROFLstomped, as the actual encounter is really easy.

However, most of the time, everyone is lagging, their framerates tank. Sometimes the instance falls over and kicks people out- and when you get back in, it's in a different instance with different people. Sometimes the priest phase breaks, and mobs don't spawn, the blue bars don't go up. Sometimes a dragon head doesn't make it up in time to be attacked. It's a shocking mess.

I could forgive that Tiamat waggles blandly like a bad 60s movie rubber monster. However, while this supposed "Dragon Godess" is a total cakewalk, the legions of bugs are frankly terrifying. Even by Cryptic's standards, this one is shoddy.

Edit: Also...
    Namely, something I can't quite put my finger on is causing crippling, but temporary (I imagine whenever what's causing it runs out, it is probably a player skill) FPS lag that makes me unable to move, attack, or put up shields for Tiamat's attacks for a good 15-25 seconds.

It starts suddenly, usually during head phases (but not at the very start of head phases), and clears up similarly suddenly, which is what leads me to believe player skills are the culprit. There's been some rumors it's a DCleric skill? :(

The cleric bug, which involved an interaction between the at-will Astral Seal, the boon Burning Guidance and the feat Shared Burdens. appears to have been ninja-fixed in the most recent patch. I have tried to reproduce it in dungeons and herald fights, and it doesn't appear to apply any more. However, people are still screaming about it in ALL CAPS. It can take a while before people spot the obvious- CWs spammed Storm Pillar out of combat for months after it no longer produced AP.

I have noticed that the lag seems to be crippling when the heads are up- and most intense when a nearby head is dying. Often you'll see it clear up when the heads go back down. I don't know if GF Knight's Valor is still crippling things too (really can't be bothered to play my GF any more), but it's my suspicion that the encounter itself is just broken.
  • Options
    kr0nixx#5213 kr0nixx Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Really fun fight, I am enjoying this a lot. Everything feels right about this encounter, the time frame is good and the battle is frantic, and winning makes you feel accomplished with the way the grouping is.

BUT, the textures can stand to be ironed out a bit, invisible floors sometimes. Could also use another 20-30 secs in the lobby prespawn to better fill partys and pot up.

Also, had two wins against her today, but no scoreboard popped up and no rewards were given to anyone in the instance after killing her on the second phase rather than the third.
  • Options
    borisadrianborisadrian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Biggest failed fight EVER!!!!!

Textures failed to load for minutes ...the lag and the textures bug made this so unplayble. The ground was always RED, stun for 30 sec, 98% of the time i was staring at a power point presentation without any caption for at least figure out what it is about.
    The only time the lag went out was after revive and it only last a bit. After each revive i had to stay at least 2 minutes for the textures to load so i least know where to go.

A completly mess, from wich i am ashamed to say its a game from 2014. or at least a content launched this year.
    from a scale of 1-10 i give u a 3,

Same rating i gave u on top mmo.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can you please fix it so that you actually get a reward when you finish the event.

I have now completed tiamat twice in a row and no linu's favor cause the event is not giving a reward when the encounter has finished. This has also happened when the encounter fails and there is not reward for it.

Please fix the rewards for the encounter as now I have missed rewards half the times i have run it with 3 being success. Yet I have only received one linu's favor upon completing the encounter.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Sometimes a dragon head doesn't make it up in time to be attacked.

And here is proof.

http://i.imgur.com/FqHHkEN.jpg

You'll notice that this is the second phase of heads, and this happened the first time around as well. At this point, I just left the fight since there was no way to ever succeed.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Much better experience today as a result of getting in a group that knew what they were doing.

I've mitigated some of the graphical issues by miniming my lighting effect settings.

Not the horrible experience it was yesterday and hopefully it can only get better.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Dear developers,

Fix this and save my nerves. Thank you.

- Premade party in the same instance is a must. I don't want to be forced to play with random people who constantly change instances.
    - Penalty for those who leave the Encounter. Many people do. :mad:

- Blue dragon's circle not showing up. :mad: Resulting in insta-death situation. :mad:
    - Lower the amount of points needed to fill up the gauge for the boons. Staying late almost always leaves us at mere 20% of the first boon.

For now, that's not much. So thank you once again in advance. Hopefully soon enough.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Why is this thread not in the Combat section?
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    harunhhharunhh Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    c1k4ml3kc3 wrote: »

- Penalty for those who leave the Encounter. Many people do. :mad:

Also AFKers need to be replaced Immediately ... allow people to continue to Q for the event and anyone who AFKs or hangs around in the lobby area for more than 30 seconds is booted and replaced and penaliZed, something like No entering Tiamat for the remainder of the day.

in the encounter I just tried there were 5 people just standing in the lobby ....
  • Options
    zaikoshenzaikoshen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    The reason GS is treated by many as a non-factor is because GS can easily be very high while one has gimped themselves by their gear choices for stat placements. Just because an item gives higher gear score than another, that doesn't mean it is the better choice for one's build.

but you dont see a lot of people with 20k GS on game, if GS com used at least like a point of view to configure a "raid" event like that the end game content and other things come with a good function, this game need take a shower of dungeons... or at least more 5 new raids.
    This game need a lot of things, but first, look for this Epic Heroic encounter called Tiamat.
    vP2Jm4O.png

<Absolute>
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    This so called "raid" is looking like one of those Heroic encounters that would become obsolete in a few weeks
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    This so called "raid" is looking like one of those Heroic encounters that would become obsolete in a few weeks

It is basically an instanced heroic encounter. Molten Core it ain't.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A bit of advice for people who are getting frustrated with failing the Tiamat encounter:

Out of the 25 people in your instance 5-10 of them will not use communication of any sort. They will not join groups. They won't know what to do. They'll be a waste of space in your instance.

PLAN FOR THIS!

If you are in a good group (and you can usually tell right away) then plan ahead to pick up the slack of whichever group either never forms or just isn't very good. Instruct three of your group members to pick up gems of the color you are on. Instruct two of your members to pick up gems of whichever team is failing. You know right away which team that is because the first mini-boss on their platform is the last to die or isn't being attacked at all. That way after your team pummels its head down to about 10% you can move over and help the bad or non-existent group kill off its head while still having protection from gems.

Most instances fail because one or two groups let everyone down. That's not going to change even if we can enter with a group of five. If you are smart and can plan on how to help out those failing groups ahead of time you stand a much better chance of success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hivercidehivercide Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Honestly, I like the Tiamat encounter just fine with how it works, but the lag is a killer (literally!). And seriously, what is so difficult to implement about allowing your pre-made group to enter AS a group? They manage to do it just fine with groups moving from one place to another in the regular game. Splitting a team into random instances is total bs. Not one team of my guild members made it into an instance of the Temple with more than 3 people in the same location. That is TERRIBLE implementation, and if it is intentional, THEN WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN INFORMED BEFORE IT WENT LIVE!
  • Options
    trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    People can't even form parties. Not to mention the use of gems. No one literally has a clue.

Sending us to random instances with random people not knowing what to do(Even the most important thing-Forming parties), destroyed the whole experience.

Oh and the lag, just wow. Unplayable in Weekends.
    Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Another situation for the developers to be aware of.

More and more I'm seeing people sitting at the campfire doing nothing. At the beginning everyone was trying. Now I'm seeing more people who just queue then do nothing. They're just queueing for bottom tier rewards and, on the off chance that the Tiamat is beaten without their help, they reap even better rewards. It's making it near-impossible to finish Tiamat. I was just in an instance where we could only form three teams and two teams had to take out both their head and another one because there were so many non-responsive, AFK, possibly bot players. Needless to say, it did not go well even with attempts to compensate for it.

People who don't meet a minimum participation requirement need to receive 0 rewards. Cut off the benefits for doing nothing and people won't do it. Their non-participation is hamstringing everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is plain pathetic, I am a Protector GF who already have ended 1th rank in Tiamat runs for 3 times now.
    This is why Devs need to adjust the GS requirement to avoid blue geared (r3 Enchanted) player to jump on the wagon to get a change on easy Loot.
    Addabon523 have also pointed out a good thing for Dev's to look intoo..

www.dropbox.com/s/28ai55mvzmrb88e/Capture11.Png
    note that is seems possible to enter with more than 25..

Look me up in game for info.

Ogguk
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm not exactly sure but all the usually culprits for lag are back again, Knight's Valor, Astral Seal, possibly Icy Terrain, and others that I'm failing to remember at the moment are killing the FPS. Whatever graphic changes you devs made recently has either tank'd the previous fixes that had fixed some of these errors or has reintroduced a whole new slew of video/graphic bugs.
    I really don't want to have to tell every GF/DC/CW/SW/etc not to use their certain skills becuz it is going to tank the FPS of the rest of the team.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    One thing I'd like to suggest is an informal standard for staggering when we use our dragon gems. We came up with the white-black-green-blue-red standard (albeit out of necessity), so something like this should be possible.

Here's a simple example: class-based gem usage

1. Fighter types use theirs first, all others hold their gems. (GF/GWF)
    2. Mixed melee types use theirs next (TR/HR)
    3. Casters go last (DC/CW/SW)

This is just an example, but I suggest basing it on classes because it's simple and transcends language barriers. Thoughts?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
This discussion has been closed.