test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tiamat Encounter - Community Feedback Thread

Comments

• silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Trick to the door. Look/aim up and you'll be able to click it.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tiamat should'nt drop T2 set items. T1 already ruined with LOL, with 10k t2 prices, there will be no reason anymore to go to t2 dungeons. All dungeons from Cloak Tower to Valindra (Including CN) now worth nothing. Please reconsider those drops.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now, why no linu's favor for killing her? >.>

• haven00haven00 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gonna keep it short and simple
    let us queue in groups,
    let us know when and where the blue dragon head will attack,
    DONT nerf tiamat pls.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can't complain about the T2 drops (finally banished her!) as long as they come with a Linu's Favor every time. One thing that would help would be an "instance" chat channel that works like zone chat but is limited to your instance. At the moment we have to either turn zone chat off or ignore it, and as others have stated, it makes it difficult for different groups to coordinate. When we finally beat her we had a good group leader who directed us where to go, like telling us to ignore red on the second phase and help white, then move back to red for phase 3, etc.

I still think we need a longer setup time, though, maybe 8-10 minutes.

FWIW, I did things a little bit differently as an HR -- when I had to help with the white dragon, I stayed well back at max range and used rain of arrows, rapid shot, and constricting on the head and thorn ward to help bleed the devils that were harassing everyone else. Stillness of the Forest let me crit a lot more often and I could keep hurting the head relatively unmolested. At the clerics we had a good group so instead of mixing it up with melee I stayed back and used constricting to interdict anything that appeared then RoA and TW to bleed them dry, with the occasional wide-burst split shot to debuff everything (perfect terror enchantment). It seemed to work pretty well. YMMV, of course, though.

Green is going to always be a problem for everyone. I took red because I was sick of green! I'd use the gem, then it would run out, I'd wait until the last moment before using a greater health stone charge, and the AoE would still take me down afterward. Sometimes the perfect soulforged would save me, sometimes it wouldn't outlast the AoE (with 34k hp!). That green AoE lasts forever and a day. I could slot a leprechaun, pheora, mystic pheora, or angel at severe cost to HP or defense, but I'm not sure it's worth it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    well encounter is a mess:
    1- noone can coordinate pugs
    2- it cant be done with 10k GS people
    3- i cant even enter the same zone with as the rest of my grp
  • malemonmalemon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited December 2014
    In all, and i mean ALL mmorpgs i have played over past 15 years, definition of raid was group of PREMADE groups aka. people form parties before entering a dungeon, then they stay TOGETHER as a party in that dungeon, without being separated in random instances. So here is my question: why did you make guilds in this game if you dont allow a guild to run a "raid" together? I sure dont feel like teaching random people how to kill Tiamat every 60 minutes.

ps: Dungeon by itself is great, i mean we wanted something hard, and we got it, but still if its all about organization and teamwork then give us chance to organize.

have a nice day
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Suggestion to fix the problems with this raid:

Allow us to stay inside Temple of Tiamat, ie do not boot us out at :30 past the hour and allow us to enter whenever we want (until the raid is active of course, can keep it locked out from x:05 through x:25)

Nothing else changes with the HE, keep the difficulty where it is at, and keep the gs req at the laughably low 10k if you wish.

But allow us to enter the zone with enough time to form up groups of our own, people change instances to join their party, guilds can all get into the same instance, etc.

This is a simple change that doesn't require any new coding or raid interface or anything. If you allow me to enter during "off" time then my instance doesn't instantly fill with randoms. People in my group can zone in and come directly to my instance. I can continuously invite people from my guild or friends list or whatever I want and they will all come to my instance. and the existing zone rules where the game tries to fill the highest instance first still works. If i get 15 or 20 people when the horde of random pugs starts trying to zone in (after they've killed the heralds of course) then they will fill up all these half filled instances of guild/friend runs.

Randoms get in, low gs get in, but we get to make instances with our friends and guild that has a pretty good shot of actually completing the raid without the entire challenge being herding cats.

thanks.
  • kopros666kopros666 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My general feedback:
    1. Minimum gs score 15k is needed. Players must try harder to play end-game content like ToT. Achieving 15k is easilly even with rank 6 enchantments.
    2. ToT is challenging, which I love. Don't nerf it. NW must have some pve challenges, like CN or VT at past. Otherwise will be boring.
    3. The queue system must be like GG pvp queue system. The leader queues, group is not scattered.
    4. Some hostile aoes need fixing imo. They last too long, they occur too late. (3 dodges in a row with a cw and still got hit)
    5. Shields by soulgems should last a bit more, and have a bit less cd imo.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1. Raise GS requirement to at least 13k.
    2. Remove Legion Devils from "attack heads" phase, because some may always attack them rather then heads.
    3. Remove HP decay from clerics, when they reach full HP.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Suggestion to fix the problems with this raid:

Allow us to stay inside Temple of Tiamat, ie do not boot us out at :30 past the hour and allow us to enter whenever we want (until the raid is active of course, can keep it locked out from x:05 through x:25)

Nothing else changes with the HE, keep the difficulty where it is at, and keep the gs req at the laughably low 10k if you wish.

But allow us to enter the zone with enough time to form up groups of our own, people change instances to join their party, guilds can all get into the same instance, etc.

This is a simple change that doesn't require any new coding or raid interface or anything. If you allow me to enter during "off" time then my instance doesn't instantly fill with randoms. People in my group can zone in and come directly to my instance. I can continuously invite people from my guild or friends list or whatever I want and they will all come to my instance. and the existing zone rules where the game tries to fill the highest instance first still works. If i get 15 or 20 people when the horde of random pugs starts trying to zone in (after they've killed the heralds of course) then they will fill up all these half filled instances of guild/friend runs.

Randoms get in, low gs get in, but we get to make instances with our friends and guild that has a pretty good shot of actually completing the raid without the entire challenge being herding cats.

thanks.

thats a pretty good sugestion, that and actually just not splitting premade groups would be great QOL improvement.

right now b4 fight even starts u already know its gona be a fail or not, its so sad.

the only victory ive had you could see everyone getting organized corectly, rest makes me want to pull my hair out at those people not even listening to instructions.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Temple of Tiamat

Hi guys! This Temple of Tiamat is some seriously fun <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, thanks so much for making it for us :D! I would like a make a suggestion for this instance and can only hope like hell that maybe just maybe, someday my wish will come true. x

The coordination of each member is crucial here so each member knowing how exactly to fulfil their role is obviously vital for success. Currently, we have no clue what we are about to get in to, standing in the Antechamber, forming groups, what the hell lies ahead? It pains me to think about how many people won't read the tutorials on the interwebs and never have a clue wtf is going on. Never ending streams of 1st timers, most of which also won't have a clue. I have a remedy for this and it would be so fun to make!! I'm so excited just thinking about it XD !

Please for the love of the Gods make it so that when travelling to the Temple entrance there's something you can click that starts a cutscene that shows you the basics of the battle. From the beginning in the Antechamber and the importance of forming groups based on color, and why you need to TIME the killing of the heads (DO NOT KILL), protecting the clerics, killing stuff, idk the rest I've only been there once. :P Anyways, production on a cutscene can be timely and costly so I suggest (if it's possible but I'm pretty sure it is) that Akro and crew do a Twitch stream one day and do it in the interest of making us a tutorial! Twitch saves all of it's files in FLV and that would work in Neverwinter, would it not?

So with this anyone dropping by the Temple can interact with an object that begins a cutscene, interruptible by hitting esc. I think it would be a great idea so that anyone can school themselves on the Temple any time, newcomers would have no excuse and we could show off Twitch and Devs in action! I admit it sounds quirky to have real life images in game but the benefit would be amazing. If Twitch livestream cutscene doesn't sound appealing then I ask you to consider making one. At least for any future 25 mans because having to come to the forums to learn about the game sucks so bad.

Thanks! Peachy x

Basic Guide to Killing Tiamat
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?805351-Basic-Guide-to-Killing-Tiamat
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    mstrssihr wrote: »
    Oh derp, why thank you! I guess I will repost there? Idk if that's allowed oO Hmm, what to do? XD
    Taken care of!

*the old mage nods, agreeing with himself as usual*

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • jim10morrisonjim10morrison Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Taken care of!

*the old mage nods, agreeing with himself as usual*

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

Good shout! Now, off I go to page 1 and read up on what everybody else thinks :D

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So is there any point to do those Prevent Tiamat's return tasks? Is there something special in the end? Because all I want is to get enough Linu for my off-hand.
  • ktogokimerktogokimer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mstrssihr wrote: »
    Oh derp, why thank you! I guess I will repost there? Idk if that's allowed oO Hmm, what to do? XD

:-)
    Happy to help !!
  • ganzjganzj Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I believe you all know when fighting tiamat we got 2 minutes to kill it ? 90% of player will fail . Only the one with crazy zen buyer group will win this fight . I already have try more than 5 times and never win . My suggestion is increase the time to fight the dragon to 3 minutes or 2 minutes 30 second , we will have more possiblity to win this fight . Next , the gs requirement must be set to 15k , cause i saw a lot of 10k-13k player instantly die when a monster hit them and their dps output is too low , only the one with 6k power and a perfect weapon enchantment can have the same dps like the 16k+ player . Lair of lostmauth need 13k+ gs , shore of tuern need 13k+ gs too . A five head deadly dragon with 1 hit fire breath need 10kgs . WOW , this is just great . A perfect fight has been ruin by them . Hope the fight will have some changes .

Post your suggestion too if u like
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To all people with idea for 15, 16, 17k gs characters... please just stop.
    If you want, I can show you what my 14k SW/DC/TR can do,
    dont make me wear useless draconic or black ice gear...

Its not about gs, its about communication, which we dont have right now.

Im bored with pug asking 17k for elol, CN or whatever...
    I jump in with my 14k and just destroy their mind with two times more damage,
    less death (or non at all) than their poor 'dps' 17k 2+2 CW, SW, GWF, whatever...
    You need to understand that some set bonuses are much better than
    any 2+2 combination which gives you more gs.
    At least for pve its High Vizier CW, High Prophet DC, Awatar GWF, Diabolist SW,
    Captain GF, maybe even Swash TR.
    But no, you know better.
    Then go with your useless draconic gear and just die...
  • laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    izwor wrote: »
    To all people with idea for 15, 16, 17k gs characters... please just stop.
    If you want, I can show you what my 14k SW/DC/TR can do,
    dont make me wear useless draconic or black ice gear...

Its not about gs, its about communication, which we dont have right now.

Im bored with pug asking 17k for elol, CN or whatever...
    I jump in with my 14k and just destroy their mind with two times more damage,
    less death (or non at all) than their poor 'dps' 17k 2+2 CW, SW, GWF, whatever...
    You need to understand that some set bonuses are much better than
    any 2+2 combination which gives you more gs.
    At least for pve its High Vizier CW, High Prophet DC, Awatar GWF, Diabolist SW,
    Captain GF, maybe even Swash TR.
    But no, you know better.
    Then go with your useless draconic gear and just die...

I hate the 2+2 MC/VT and BI players too
    But I hope the gs requirement can be at least 14k although many ppl can still use t1 2+2 or t1/t2 2+2 to reach it
  • bigbird191bigbird191 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Really enjoyable imo. Would be better if zone chat was just for the instance you are in. And make the fires taller and brighter so that people might notice them and figure out a way of organising teams.
  • gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So what was your reward to complete it??

Some one got T1/T2 gear, cool is it?
    vasdamas
    I would like to know too. If there is nothing can help to get the off-hand, i wont waste my time to play with 24 strangers:)

I think I must wait few weeks and try it again, there is no other reason now to play but get off-hand and complete Tiamat what is quite difficult if teams are totally randoms.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    so 10-13k automatically have lower hps, What classes were they?

odd, I've been hearing over Legit channel groups with mostly under 15k GS finishing it.

and a comment from someone in one of the channels: someone will be asking for a gearscore requirement.

the general comments seemed to be, if one group is behind , help them.
    make use of the items.
    Help clear mobs off others.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I Agree 100% what is below, it is not challenge to try "Mission Impossible", soon 10x runs(failures) and best was first run. Later runs with random team, tactics were better but even that way we got one head to 50% and time ended.
    ganzj wrote: »
    I believe you all know when fighting tiamat we got 2 minutes to kill it ? 90% of player will fail . Only the one with crazy zen buyer group will win this fight . I already have try more than 5 times and never win . My suggestion is increase the time to fight the dragon to 3 minutes or 2 minutes 30 second , we will have more possiblity to win this fight . Next , the gs requirement must be set to 15k , cause i saw a lot of 10k-13k player instantly die when a monster hit them and their dps output is too low , only the one with 6k power and a perfect weapon enchantment can have the same dps like the 16k+ player . Lair of lostmauth need 13k+ gs , shore of tuern need 13k+ gs too . A five head deadly dragon with 1 hit fire breath need 10kgs . WOW , this is just great . A perfect fight has been ruin by them . Hope the fight will have some changes .

Post your suggestion too if u like
  • laks0nvelllaks0nvell Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Possibility of a work-around, making a 25 man guildie group

Unfortunately, I cannot test this at this moment because I am banned due to banbot collateral damage, but no rage here, dont want post deleted. I am also unsure if nobody remembered this little trick, it was used before just not on a massive scale. If someone could try it out and post here if it worked, that would be swell.

List of requirements:

25 iron clad, bloodthirsty veterans ready for beheading
    invite plan

Optional: best to try this out during low server load, just to increase the chance of finding a sweet spot instance.
    The works

Vanguard: a team of 5 people that does most of the work, referenced to as "Vanguard" trough the plan.

1: everyone goes in, other than Vanguard nobody is grouped, but everyone is inside. Wait 2 minutes so you can swap instance.
    2: Vanguard picks the instance. The less people the better.
    3: Vanguard breaks group. Immediately 5 groups are formed, invite plan is determined before the plan is set in motion
    4: Everyone switches instance to a Vanguards instance trough party frame.
    5: Is it profit? Wont know untill someone tries.

Best case: 25 party
    Worst case: 10-15 guildies, still not bad

The idea comes from start of ToT, where I get grouped with someone in a full instance and still swap to their instance. Yes, I know the posibility of exploits, I still decided to post this knowing that having a few extra 10k meatshieds that are just gonna get carried isn't a big deal.
    edited December 2014
    zaikoshen wrote: »
    What is the necessity to have a guild? why the devs dont create a "Guild Queue System"? *snip*

This ^. We need a Guild and Party que option to be implemented!
    Trick to the door. Look/aim up and you'll be able to click it.

Nice, I'll give it a try. Getting out that tiny little door after the fight is super annoying. XD

• dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    15 minutes seems way too low for that much work ...
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    So is there any point to do those Prevent Tiamat's return tasks? Is there something special in the end? Because all I want is to get enough Linu for my off-hand.

AFAIK you can keep turning in dragon hoard coins, coffers and empire treasures for Linu's favors so there is no need to do that task, but it also opens up another task that enables you to make empire treasure so completing it helps you either get favors faster or cheaper if you prefer to buy the coffers or empire treasures off the AH or AD shop.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    healary wrote: »
    AFAIK you can keep turning in dragon hoard coins, coffers and empire treasures for Linu's favors so there is no need to do that task, but it also opens up another task that enables you to make empire treasure so completing it helps you either get favors faster or cheaper if you prefer to buy the coffers or empire treasures off the AH or AD shop.

The only problem is, it cost you 5 linu's favors for that 5/5 tasks. Which you need to make 37.5 empire treasures to make up for that 5 favors lost. I'd imagine that's also a 20hr task (also costing you mats). So it'll take you a month to get to where you want to be. Totally not worth it
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
This discussion has been closed.