Install Arc
Options

Tiamat Encounter - Community Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    jwmousejwmouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited December 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Oh that was lag? I thought it was a flashback. Got into the instance and everything turned into a discordant stream of sounds and colors through which I was moving in a jerky dissosociated manner. Like really bad brown blotter really. But seriously how are we supposed to form a plan when we can barely see/ move?

I agree. The first round isn't bad after that I get stuck in a freeze lag can not move till game is over
  • Options
    drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If you can get them to slot the soul. I swear the last few runs almost all the other members of the team decided to not want to use their soul to stone the big breathe attack, I always had to drop mine and hope soulforged carried me thru the 2nd breathe, and utter doom if a 3rd on got off...
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the only problems i see with tiamat is this:

--the lag
    --cleric phase is to long causing most party's to fail since you require 10kgs to enter it should be completable by that 10k gs. Raise the gs to 13k and it should be better if you fix the above problem: lag.
    --the no party made before joining is fine - i like this. No party of "20k's in maxed gear" groups entering and steamrolling the content getting the good stuff while the other 20 of 10-19k's get junk.
    --if you want to call this a raid give us a chat server to only communicate with everyone in the raid otherwise this is just a heroic encounter and you should call it that.

edit: agree / disagree up to you, i won't be replying as i'm just giving my feedback and leaving. Pm me if you want to debate something.
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It seemed to run fine for me.... after I turned my graphics down to ultra low. Even at medium settings it lags out so bad you can't do anything.

Group queuing or assigning would be grand too. It is a total pain trying to form up, under a timer, when there are 50 zones shouting over each other. Uhg.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    harunhhharunhh Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Another situation for the developers to be aware of.

More and more I'm seeing people sitting at the campfire doing nothing. At the beginning everyone was trying. Now I'm seeing more people who just queue then do nothing. They're just queueing for bottom tier rewards and, on the off chance that the Tiamat is beaten without their help, they reap even better rewards. It's making it near-impossible to finish Tiamat. I was just in an instance where we could only form three teams and two teams had to take out both their head and another one because there were so many non-responsive, AFK, possibly bot players. Needless to say, it did not go well even with attempts to compensate for it.

People who don't meet a minimum participation requirement need to receive 0 rewards. Cut off the benefits for doing nothing and people won't do it. Their non-participation is hamstringing everyone else.

Abolutely agree with this
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, I was brusque in my feedback yesterday. Going to elaborate today.

In pve gear with no wasted stats my cw is 21k. Perfect enchants, everything orange but the offhand which I don't have, zen companions. The works basically. The character has been around since open beta and has done all the content. I've put effort into the toon. And normally he puts out gigantic damage numbers while sitting on 1.6k lifesteal 30k hp in the pve gear. I've even soloed castle never on it. I have a guild with a few similar gs type players who have put similar work into their toons and a friendslist full of people just like that too. Now Coming up to Tiamat I figured this would kind of be a highpointfor the character in effectiveness.

I go in. I see 100-200 ping. Its ok. That's normal for neverwinter even though its bad considering I ping 200 to the west coast of the states. The fighting starts and it goes to 2000-3000 ping. I warp around and sometimes I see numbers on stuff I guess I hit 20 seconds ago. Other times I warp off the cliffs. I'm completley useless most of the time. The one time I had normal ping for whatever bizarre reason I topped the scoreboard by a considerable distance. Every other time things have not been pretty. I might as well be playing a 10k toon with a pig companion. The only other time I've seen this kind of lag was in another game when the servers were being ddosed right about an hour before they collapsed completely. And it makes me wonder if you are using a 5 year old laptop as a server out of a basement somewhere in china. To be absolutely clear, these are not client side fps lags. This is Jesus take the wheel stuff. I cannot understand how you can put this on live and feel good about it.

It could be worse though. At least I'm not letting my friends down. I'm alone with 20 pugs and we are just letting each other down. I would feel bad if I knew the people losing and it was my fault. The pugs lose because they are hopelessly incompetent in a way that I will never understand. I know that some people play their mmos intoxicated with a variety of substances and they don't know or care what's happening. That's their problem. I'm decent enough at Neverwinter and I have the gear to make a difference but even if I could actually play this content I couldn't carry these people. No one can, not this many. Some of them are likely suffering the same incomprehensibly bad lag but that would not explain their complete in ability to understand what they need to do to win. If only one person has the black dragon soul gem and they have 2k ping when you are near them or if they dc for any reason you probably aren't clearing that head. Its that kind of thing that baffles me about them. Every other mode I would never see them because I have that guild and friends list for the express purpose of avoiding them. Partially though that's a design problem. Its your job to make clear to players what they should be doing. They will learn through experience eventually but that eventually will be very frustrating to anyone who has bothered to find out.
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Personally i do not have any lag issue in the Temple and as Prot GF I dont think KV is needed in there as I am quite able to get (and Hold aggro) on the Adds, because it is getting dispelled anyway with each Roar.. So i don't bother with activate it again..

A GF with good skill is quite capable to handle it without KV, but I am still waiting on a answer from Kattefjaes with explanation from him how he thinks that a Prot GF is part of the problem while he pulls a very small part out my post and place it probrably in a whole new context, named Lag.... while my post was stating a completely different thing and that is entering the Temple by Golddiggers..

Pathetic
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    drinnth wrote: »
    But, it is the only way to get a key to open the chest in Tiamat's Lair, for a chance at artifacts belts and books without having to get Tier 4 reclaim rewards. And 1 artifact or book would pay for the lose of 5 favors.

Your math is way off. A book of the Dragon Queen sells for 90k only and belts are anywhere from 20k to 190k each. Five favors cost 37.5 treasures, which is 1.875 million. As for the Dragon Queen boon book, you also need 30 more favors to unlock the 6th and 50 favors to unlock the 7th boons.

Both the chest and the Empire Treasure tasks also require the ability to defeat Tiamat consistently. I think most people are focused on the off-hand for now and the Tiamat fight is a mess, so it may not be the Prevent Tiamat's Return task doesn't look like a good investment in the short term. I definitely won't do it until the I get the offhand, by then if Tiamat is fixed it may be worthy to take a look at.
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    healary wrote: »
    Your math is way off. A book of the Dragon Queen sells for 90k only and belts are anywhere from 20k to 190k each. Five favors cost 37.5 treasures, which is 1.875 million. As for the Dragon Queen boon book, you also need 30 more favors to unlock the 6th and 50 favors to unlock the 7th boons.

Both the chest and the Empire Treasure tasks also require the ability to defeat Tiamat consistently. I think most people are focused on the off-hand for now and the Tiamat fight is a mess, so it may not be the Prevent Tiamat's Return task doesn't look like a good investment in the short term. I definitely won't do it until the I get the offhand, by then if Tiamat is fixed it may be worthy to take a look at.

The campaign is also bugged you only need to complete 1 rank of prevent Tiamat's return to get the keys and treasure.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    izwor wrote: »
    To all people with idea for 15, 16, 17k gs characters... please just stop.
    If you want, I can show you what my 14k SW/DC/TR can do,
    dont make me wear useless draconic or black ice gear...

Its not about gs, its about communication, which we dont have right now.

Im bored with pug asking 17k for elol, CN or whatever...
    I jump in with my 14k and just destroy their mind with two times more damage,
    less death (or non at all) than their poor 'dps' 17k 2+2 CW, SW, GWF, whatever...
    You need to understand that some set bonuses are much better than
    any 2+2 combination which gives you more gs.
    At least for pve its High Vizier CW, High Prophet DC, Awatar GWF, Diabolist SW,
    Captain GF, maybe even Swash TR.
    But no, you know better.
    Then go with your useless draconic gear and just die...

Guess what, I am quite confident, that my 20k GS CW, HV, 5 legendaries, DC artefact included, with 5 epic companions (not one with stats) does more dmg, than your 14K CW. Yes, there are GS pusher running with 2/2 sets etc., but I am sure, that there are more GS pushing chars in the low GS bracket, than in the high GS bracket, bc. most ppl with a 17k+ GS are well equiped and dont need to push their GS.

I outdpsed CWs with higher GS and I got outdpsed by CWs with lower GS. A friend of mine leveled a second CW and did more dmg in a SP run, than ppl with 5k more GS. I even outdpsed a friends 15k CW with my 6k leadership CW toon before he respeced. GS is not everything, BUT I dont know every player on this server, his skill, his build etc. If I would ask every player in lfg for his enchants, his build and his boons, I would never run anything.

Your chance to get someone who is able to contribute to the fight is just higher, if the GS of this player is higher. you cant force ppl to use a valid build, the best gear for his class etc., but you can force them to gear up, if you gate content with a minimum GS of XXk GS.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    reds351 wrote: »
    The campaign is also bugged you only need to complete 1 rank of prevent Tiamat's return to get the keys and treasure.

Really? That's better. It may worth a look after I get my offhand if it remains "bugged".
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    Guess what, I am quite confident, that my 20k GS CW, HV, 5 legendaries, DC artefact included, with 5 epic companions (not one with stats) does more dmg, than your 14K CW. Yes, there are GS pusher running with 2/2 sets etc., but I am sure, that there are more GS pushing chars in the low GS bracket, than in the high GS bracket, bc. most ppl with a 17k+ GS are well equiped and dont need to push their GS.

I outdpsed CWs with higher GS and I got outdpsed by CWs with lower GS. A friend of mine leveled a second CW and did more dmg in a SP run, than ppl with 5k more GS. I even outdpsed a friends 15k CW with my 6k leadership CW toon before he respeced. GS is not everything, BUT I dont know every player on this server, his skill, his build etc. If I would ask every player in lfg for his enchants, his build and his boons, I would never run anything.

Your chance to get someone who is able to contribute to the fight is just higher, if the GS of this player is higher. you cant force ppl to use a valid build, the best gear for his class etc., but you can force them to gear up, if you gate content with a minimum GS of XXk GS.

Fine. We can agree on this 100%. however it had little or nothing to do with running this new instance. What would you rather run Tiamat with? 24 completely clueless 20k+ GS zergs that are picking up gens and noit using them and generally running about trying to max their PG score? Or 24 14k GS players that have a plan and are implimenting it. I know my answer...
  • Options
    mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey, I don't know if this is something that's supposed to happen or not, but:

Just running up to the heads causes damage. It's only about 2000 damage every two seconds or so, but I noticed this on blue and sometimes on green. It doesn't happen on red, from my experience. This damage continues throughout the whole fight as long as you're in what eventually becomes a red zone (during the cleric portion).

Now, if this is unintended, then it's quite the annoying bug.

If it IS intended, I have to ask kindly that it be reconsidered. I play a Scoundrel TR, so my method of generating stealth is to not get damaged for a while and "heal" back up my stealth. Problem is, damage reduces my stealth and, more importantly, pauses my stealth regeneration.. for about two seconds. As it is, it's IMPOSSIBLE to regenerate stealth with this damage. I have to take SS just to get stealth for Daily/Lashing Blade crits. Scoundrels already have a disadvantage when it comes to bosses (none of their damage augmentation works against uncontrollable targets), so this is just double bad.

Ran Tiamat a few more times, ended up getting a screenshot of what I was talking about. What's more, it GETS WORSE:
    2014-12-06_00004.jpg

Notice the three lines describing "Tiamat's Weakened Aura". This is the damage that I was talking about removing the ability to generate stealth. What's even worse about it? It hits completely randomly. This causes situations like the one that you see right here; in the time that it took me to land Shadow Strike (which I have to take since I can't generate stealth otherwise), stealth, and hit Q to land Lashing Blade, Tiamat's Weakened Aura hit not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES. Thank goodness I deflected two of the shots, or the potion that I had just chugged would have been completely nullified.

I've had cases where I've taken 16 thousand damage from this unavoidable, completely-random attack within a couple seconds. It's enough to make survival completely reliant on whether-or-not RNG is feeling nice, and that's just not a decent way to create difficulty in a dungeon, especially since it hurts one class so much.

And before anyone says, "Well don't attack Tiamat while there's a red zone and you're supposed to be helping the clerics!" I realize that the picture is taken during the cleric phase; I scrolled up, obviously, since you can't deal damage to Tiamat during cleric phase.
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also we have the heads that don't come out bug
    01i59VO.jpg
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    t2 boe drops from the chest as a reward....what's the point for all the t2 now??
  • Options
    zoukizouzzoukizouz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The encounter is a piece of cake if groups are formed early, people actually listen to those who succeed on regular bases, and especially when the kids are asleep ;)

But even with all these prerequisites, the encounter is immensely bugged :

- Clerics wont make Tiamat fall
    - A random head won't come out
  • Options
    laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    t2 boe drops from the chest as a reward....what's the point for all the t2 now??

What is the point for all dungeons:)
    Stay in the campfire and get the t2...instead of never get a group of t2 dungeon xd
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Declare zone and color in chat when grouping....
  • Options
    ratattacksratattacks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    Can you please fix it so that you actually get a reward when you finish the event.

I have now completed tiamat twice in a row and no linu's favor cause the event is not giving a reward when the encounter has finished. This has also happened when the encounter fails and there is not reward for it.

Please fix the rewards for the encounter as now I have missed rewards half the times i have run it with 3 being success. Yet I have only received one linu's favor upon completing the encounter.

This.
    Having defeated 2 times now i have 1 linu's favor, the one i contributed 1500 hoard coins for.
    Yes that' 2 successfully completed encounters giving out no rewards at all to the entire instance.

Please take a look at this "sooner rather than later".
  • Options
    gigthulhugigthulhu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Having done 3 of these, all failed, I think I know what the issue that's bothering us as players is.

First, some background info. I played using my 17K GWF. In each run through, I've crashed at some point and it took a couple minutes before I could do anything after logging back in.

My first run through, I had no idea what to do. I managed to team up with a party taking on the blue head, and it took until the middle of the second head rotation before I heard the clerics telling us that only the Orb could protect us. So naturally, I died quite a lot against Blue. Red head was down to killing range, but by the time it ended, all other 4 heads were near full health. I also noticed quite a few players just standing around doing nothing as our timer ran out.

Second time was better. My group managed to kill our head and I went on to help kill the White head. That's when I noticed the dead heads respawn if we kill 'em before the others. Black, Green and Red were near full health.

Third time, I went and read up on some guides, and did much better. This time we took on White and my pug mates seem more experienced. We got the White down to killing range and then went on to help with Red (Blue was already in killing range by the time we finished ours). Alas, we ran out of time. Black and Green were still near full health.

Okay, now, some comments. Generally speaking, I do think the HE's neat, and I can understand some decisions, such as not allowing pre-made groups. I assume it helps with queueing and it forces players to team with pugs. The idea of the HE is good, although I'm iffy on facing all those teleporting devils while defending the Clerics. Due to primarily to lag/latency issues, their 'porting around doesn't help.

Alrighty, so, final thoughts. I think the main issue that we as players have with this is the lack of control. Ultimately, it doesn't matter if your GS is high and you know what you're doing, because you're always gonna be handicapped by people who don't know what they're doing. The GS is secondary. I mean, yeah, 10K GS are just gonna get slaughtered anyway, but it doesn't help that 18K GS is standing around doing nothing because they know/think the battle's already lost. Or they're attacking the wrong head anyway.

It feels like a lot of the challenge is artificially inflated, such as not being able to really plan ahead, but the "human factor" was also not considered. And the "human factor" is that there are gonna be people who are disconnected, don't know what they're doing, not doing anything because they just wanna get Bronze, simply are in over their heads equipment-wise etc.

In the end, winning isn't an achievement, it's just pure dumb luck on whether you happen to be in a group with more people who know what they're doing than people who do not. Such people probably already have high GS, because they learned what to do by surviving long enough to gain that experience.

I can understand why people are asking for GS minimum, more time or being able to send in pre-made groups. It's really just to compensate for the unavoidable handicap that chances are, maybe a third or more of your players are woefully unprepared for this HE.

So yeah, that's my view. Tiamat's nice on paper but there's a lot of handicap built into this that annoys players on a primal level. The whole "not in control" thing.

Oh, and regarding GS, I think 15K miminum's an overkill. Being able to do Well of Dragons with only 10K means that players can get their Artifact Weapons that much quicker. And for a casual player on his own with limited resources (funds/time), breaking that 15K barrier can be quite tough. 13K might be more reasonable. Since IWD is 12K. Of course, the REAL minimum is always a couple K higher.

Anyways, my request would be more time on Tiamat, or perhaps nerf Cleric Defense. I found myself spending more time defending the Clerics than fighting the actual heads.

Thanks.
  • Options
    jcmunijcmuni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Probably been asked, but just found this thread. Is there a Tiamat FAQ? Not sure I understand how the campaign works and when I ask in game I typically get cursed at. Right now, I never seem to get there at the right time and searching the internet just shows people who are already in.

Is it....

1) Donate whatever treasure items you an during the allotted time since this builds strength
    2) Ride to temple and there should be a gateway in
    3) The Tiamat raid will run for about 30 minutes during which time nobody can get in.

Is that about right?
  • Options
    kyafoxkyafox Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OMG...riiiight. Can we please please queue with a group? The content is fun, and organizing is a nightmare with tons of pugs who don't know how bad they are. Our guild could melt this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but we're stuck with 10-12k GS pugs who have no business being in there yet, unless they want to go and waste their time and money (not mine) The lag is excruciating. The bugs with the clerics when you finally get a group that can win is ridiculous. C'mon guys. Really?
  • Options
    kyafoxkyafox Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jcmuni wrote: »
    Probably been asked, but just found this thread. Is there a Tiamat FAQ? Not sure I understand how the campaign works and when I ask in game I typically get cursed at. Right now, I never seem to get there at the right time and searching the internet just shows people who are already in.

Is it....

1) Donate whatever treasure items you an during the allotted time since this builds strength
    2) Ride to temple and there should be a gateway in
    3) The Tiamat raid will run for about 30 minutes during which time nobody can get in.

Is that about right?

Find me in game. It's frustrating so everyone is really on edge. I'll explain the mechanics. @kyafox
  • Options
    lesbianseagu11lesbianseagu11 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There are so many variables Devs seem to not have accounted for with this pug-only HE. The concept is great, but I have ran this for 2 days straight and am yet to get a full round of people on the same page. One of the issues is that we have a great game that is loved by people all over the world. It's extremely multi-lingual. However, when you don't let people group with people that can for sure understand and communicate with, you set up situations where players will end up in Tiamat's lair completely clueless because they can't understand anything anyone is saying to them. I kid you not, the last 3 Tiamat runs I have done there has been my group + one random dude at our dragon head, and the clan tag on these people were a BR clan, an Italian clan, and a Spanish clan. I'm not singling out people who don't speak English, and I am glad this game is popular all over the world, but this is the type of situation you end up in when you can't group with people for this raid. Please fix this, some of us are hoping to farm our Off-hand and Neck pieces before the next 2X RP event in just under 3 weeks, and there is no way that is going to be possible with the current way this HE is ran. As a community we appreciate the time and effort you have put into this, and we know you're trying. Please just hurry to fix this issue so that we can enjoy this neat, challenging HE the way you intended it.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    You can watch the Livestream also. Akro goes through it personally. There's also four (at the time of this post) Community Guides listed in the Guide Sticky. Granted, these guides are more of how-to's for the actual gameplay in the encounter, yet are still great sources of tips and information.
  • Options
    sarlacc1979sarlacc1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    I've enjoyed this game for more than a year and I'm very disappointed with the Tiamat rollout, the encounter itself and its queue system. I've run the Tiamat fight about 10 times now and I've lost every single one. The problem is not the fight itself, the fight is pretty simple and straight forward, nor is it the challenge level, I'm sure that's fine too. The problem is not having any organization in the ante room. trying to get all these random people to go to the right color fire and group up and make sure there are only 5 groups and you don't have two groups attacking the same dragon head. I don't want a full raid event where you have to enter with 25 people but I would be thrilled if we could enter as a 5 man group it would be much easier to organize everything with just that addition. I'd like to see the GS minimum raised for this too, 10k is just too low. I know GS isn't the end all be all stat, but I've had at least two fight fail even with great communication because the dps is just too low.
    Please try my Foundry campaign, "Olivia's Trials".
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    21 pages of player comments, saying, more or less politely, that they screwed it up. 21 Pages with comments, how to do it better and a server full of ppl waiting for Devs.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Just quoted again so this isn't overlooked. The devs are aware of player concerns. They're reading this thread. They're playing anonymously with players and taking notes, as well as discussing internally their plan of action to make this a better experience for everyone:
    panderus wrote: »
    Hey guys, just to let you know, a few of us fought alongside you against Tiamat already and are taking notes on what we want to do to improve this fight. This includes party/instance logistics, received loot issues and difficulty.

I plan to play at least one more time today and collect more feedback as well as a quick meeting to discuss our plan of action over the next couple weeks.

Thanks for your patience and ill see you in the game!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How to get the point of the end list in the tiamat ??????????
This discussion has been closed.