What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat Encounter - Community Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well in my second run when for 5 minutes i had 0 fps it was enough for me and i just had to alt+ctrl+del to close game cause i couldn't even shut it down by normal way. Such a disappointment.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is, it's "Say".

/SAY is limited by distance. If My group is fighting the White head, I do not think I will see anything said near Green or Black.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    01:20 PM, 51th instance successfully rid this plane of Tiamat's presence.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    Hey guys, just to let you know, a few of us fought alongside you against Tiamat already and are taking notes on what we want to do to improve this fight. This includes party/instance logistics, received loot issues and difficulty.

I plan to play at least one more time today and collect more feedback as well as a quick meeting to discuss our plan of action over the next couple weeks.

Thanks for your patience and ill see you in the game!
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Hey guys, just to let you know, a few of us fought alongside you against Tiamat already and are taking notes on what we want to do to improve this fight. This includes party/instance logistics, received loot issues and difficulty.

I plan to play at least one more time today and collect more feedback as well as a quick meeting to discuss our plan of action over the next couple weeks.

For me the only problem so far was the fps decrease and I believe I was not the only one complaining. Still managed to kill tiamat 10 minutes ago though :D

After jumping straight down in lava a couple of times or so...
  • Options
    kriszbkriszb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    just a heads up, .... well (not heads up) because sometimes the dragon heads will bug out between phases and not rise from the pit, so you cant even attack them
  • Options
    kilden1234kilden1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 42
    edited December 2014
    Im already seen alot of improvement in PUGS understanding of the fight. My guess is that in a day or two most grps will kill tiamat. I know that 4-5 Pugs killed it this time around (3rd live spawn)
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anyone notice that dragon soul gem disappear fast and cooldown 40sec
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bosbitbosbit Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1. there are 3 rounds when we can attack Tiamat.
    2. if you kill off a head in round 1 or 2, it will come back with full health
    I think she can be finished off like this:

Round 1 and 2: zerg each head, one at a time, but do not kill it, leave its health at very low (5-10%)
    Round 3: finish off each head in this round.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for the response Panderus.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree NWO has the easiest PvE out of all games I have been in. :cool:
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    increase the gear score to 13-14k .
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1. Increase GS to 15-16k
    2. Raid/grouping system (would be great to see this move over to GG once it is n place and working)
    3. Queue'able or something that lets raid leader queue and not everyone have to sit at door.

I think lag may relate to graphics glitches that were introduced with WoD and less about Tiamat.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The first run through Tiamat was a disaster.

The encounter content itself was fun and challenging, but the complete lack of coordination among the teams made things very... frustrating.

To make matters worse, my party (of guild members) was put into multiple instances. We were on TeamSpeak all ready to coordinate, but were split up.

We had other guild parties up at the same time. There's currently no mechanism for us to get the same instance.

My suspicion is that people will say "Tiamat is too hard", and the content will be nerfed. Please don't do that. Some things in the game should represent a significant challenge... something that must be worked for. Something that benefits players that become part of a community to face the challenge (e.g. guild), and learn.

"I'm going to attack a god, let me gather 24 strangers and journey to the gates of hell..."

Please consider:

- Ensuring a party stays together.
    - Allowing multiple allied parties to enter together.

@TripsOfThrymr

I ran it several times with two toons and I agree. Our party was all ready and coordinated and then we got scattered to the winds every time. I don't think the fight is too difficult for coordinated parties, but I will add my vote to the request that there be some way to keep our parties together like we do in GG. Please make that change :) Thanks!
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Thanks so much, and glad you guys were playing in the live server on arrival today so you could experience it. Honestly, I only had bad lag on the first run and then it wasn't too bad, but the lack of being with my team was frustrating.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    reemusbodeemusreemusbodeemus Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In the entrance room where you are placed for the planning phase, create 5 circles spread apart from one another on the floor. Each circle would have a color corresponding to the heads (white,black,red,green,blue).

Have some text instruction in the form of a quest window explaining the importance of 5 members to a circle and encourage those 5 in the circle to party up once inside their color circle. Then explain the importance of debuffing one another with the soul gem that drops from the summoners for their color party and the importance of 5 members to a head to bring them all down evenly.

Some tips in text window form would be very helpful too. Like if one summoner's blue lifeline is empty and the others are almost full, you may want to switch to the empty one.

The reason for the text window instructions is so all could see the tips in their own language.

I know their would still be issues even if this was implemented with one circle being full of 5 10k to 11k gs and another with all 20k, but at this point it would still be a huge step to make this fight more pug friendly since you can only pug this.

This is a cool fight, but if you can't group as a 25 man with a leader handing out directions I can't see this fight being something folks are going to want to do for very much longer.

This fight could work as intended for pugs, but only if some kind of instruction is given via the game in the planning phase.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014

Thank you for communicating with the player base quickly. Communication is the single most important factor.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I tried and failed 3 time. There were 0 lag, which was perfect, but 10-15 brainless idiots each time :( . I can usually compensate for 1-2 lamers in party, but it this case it would be impossible.
    As far as I can see it, the only feasible way to do it is with pre-made party of people with at least some brain.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    World of Tanks apparently tested and then scraped an entire game mode because 15 random players couldn't co-ordinate as a team to make the mode work. I'm not hopeful that this can work with 25 players without dumbing it down and that's just going to annoy those that were after a larger and more challenging fight. Unless things can be separated between organised groups of 25 and PUGs.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    % people can kill a head fine. Last 2 runs I grabbed a party, grabbed a gem, killed our dragon. Last one it was the only dragon that died. Thing is there is no way to assure the other 4 gems are being used wisely so the whole thing comes down to pug-luck.
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cleared Tiamat as well. Using these 5 minutes to make some basic organisation can be helpful. I didnt have lag/fps issue too, maybe except of short freezes when tiamats heads were disappearing. Point system is flawed, imo, it rewards mindless killing, instead of tactics. The reward was satisfying - linu's + minor rp stuff + 2 dragon puches + t2 dc chest + draconic bracers - both BoE, which is great.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Increase gearscore requirement some - but 16k is ridiculous.

My DC wears High Prophet and is in all good epics, rank 7 and 8 enchantments, 3 epic artifacts, all boons but last two from Mod 5... and she has almost exactly 16k GS.

You can not require people to have legendary gear to run this. I'd say something like 14-15k GS at most.
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Please, please increase gear requirements to at least 16K and allow us to form our own parties.
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think if they don't want to head in the private guild raid direction, the respawn mechanic should be changed to this:

If a head is killed and respawns on the next wave it returns at 1/3rd the average life of the remaining living heads at last wave.

So what is the difference? The difference is if you get them all mostly widdled down it is a little less punishing then the current respawn at a 1/4th, it still punishes not spreading out damage, but it slightly more flexible in the execution. Technically if you just killed 1 head on wave 1, and left 4 on damaged it would respawn at more life than now, but that doesn't happen.

What will it accomplish? It will make the ending less 1/0. If you almost get all the heads down but two live at 33% you might be able to swing the 10% all the heads respawn at on the next wave. Where as now you would be like "GG dumb zone", and so you have that hope you can still make it work out. Less obvious losses.
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I have 8 toons, all using rank 8s and all are above 18K (most about 19K), so 16K is not much at all. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE END GAME CONTENT.
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Once I discovered that upon entering, I wasnt able to run this with my friend... I bailed on it. I really dont care how cool it is... how much work went into it, or what treasure can be gained from it... unless I can run it with who I want to run it with. This should have been discovered long before going live with it. Huge disappointment with this one. I know I am not the only one that feels this way either. This needs to be fixed, and fast... or it was just a waste of time.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    I have 8 toons, all using rank 8s and all are above 18K (most about 19K), so 16K is not much at all. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE END GAME CONTENT.

The way zone chat is going it seems a lot of people want a gearscore of at least 16k. The fight is easy and simple to do ONCE you know what to do but everyone is blaming others idiocity on lack of gearscore.

Sucks if a gearscore entry does happen as the more i try to increase my gearscore the less fun the game becomes, been slaving away to get Black Ice gear too... :confused:
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »

most people at that amount are GS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so no.

If a requirement would be put into place, I'd limit it at 13k MAYBE 14k
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014

You can not require people to have legendary gear to run this. I'd say something like 14-15k GS at most.

Why not? Fighting a god is a legendary task.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Agreed with OP.
This discussion has been closed.