test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

Comments

• thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Someone needs to settle down. HR PB is not receiving a nerf of any kind, it's merely getting fixed. It was not working as intended. To my knowledge, PB damage won't change noticeably to any targets except GF and GWF. Your other opponents have low mitigation anyway. You seem to have some phobia about cws.
    Someone has to read more rather then picking one work from sentence on one responce . I welcome HR PB fix. most one who will benefix from IR fix are accually CWs themself and any other class that can not heal as HR do or have CC brakers. as stated by other adequate CWs btw. Same thing about PB fix - it will effect mostly GWf and GF rather then CWs since HR usually have 30-40% damage ignorance anyway.

I seem to alergicly dislike perma crybabies that constantly cry for nerfs. Maybe cause I never do so and don't call for nerf of other classes while all thoose CWs are doing now is call for "HRs tears". This is a quote btw. If you have adequate position - you are welcome. Rather then you perma cry for nerf HRs just cause HRs are only one that can kill CWs now well - HR has to be nerfed due to CWs "need' is wrong. Im pretty sure that same CWs are crying in TRs thread now too. That is all really.
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »
    so devs what about GWFs?we ill have the worst dmg output in m5, even clerics ill outdmg us .

GWF should get base dmg incrased by 20-30%.
    STR stat on GWF should give 2-4% damage bonus per point spend.
    focused destroyer feat should give 100% chance at max rank to stack while hiting any amount of targets and incrased buff duration by 5 seconds.
    destroyer purpose should have 4 stacks which of 1 stack provide 10% dmg bonus.
    unstoppable gain and resistance should be brought back to it prevorious form.
    with every class dealing so much dmg there is no way GWF ill survive in mod 5.

only the bad gwf's dont shine anymore. i get hit for 25k by gwf in pvp so the dps increase is just irrational
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    GWFs shouldn't have to depend on feats for massive damage buffs. SW doesn't. Real fair for a melee class.
  • phr33d0m123phr33d0m123 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm totally against the Spell Storm nerf. I'd rather see it drop to 10% chance but stay on all attacks.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    only the bad gwf's dont shine anymore. i get hit for 25k by gwf in pvp so the dps increase is just irrational

its about pve, and in pve gwf must be much better to be able to do same damage many other classes do with ease, couldnt give a s... about pvp as long as we have only 1 mode and 2 maps

and GF's can hit ppl for 90k so what is 25k ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • peerukott1peerukott1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    its about pve, and in pve gwf must be much better to be able to do same damage many other classes do with ease, couldnt give a s... about pvp as long as we have only 1 mode and 2 maps

Agreed. GWF needs to be boosted for pve. To have a proper role in the party.
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dear developers,

On behalf of all GWF of this wonderful game, I would take the following data into serious consideration. My friends and I prepared some data for you to analyze that echoes the frustration of our class. Evident from the results is what truly reflects in PvP games. Here is the link from our collected data and results from 4 PvP:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?774991-5-GWF-PvP-20k-GS-why-a-lot-of-players-have-switched-or-complain

I hope you will take these outrageous results into consideration. 5 GWF averaging 20k GS, 4 PvP - in premade vs random teams with poor result - thank you.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    nezraal wrote: »
    Dear developers,

On behalf of all GWF of this wonderful game, I would take the following data into serious consideration. My friends and I prepared some data for you to analyze that echoes the frustration of our class. Evident from the results is what truly reflects in PvP games. Here is the link from our collected data and results from 4 PvP:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?774991-5-GWF-PvP-20k-GS-why-a-lot-of-players-have-switched-or-complain

I hope you will take these outrageous results into consideration. 5 GWF averaging 20k GS, 4 PvP - in premade vs random teams with poor result - thank you.

5 gwf premades against 5 enemy teams premades
    all destroyer specc , easy kill for opponents that are CWS or had a GF in their comp, not to say DC.
    so how is that unbalanced?
    even if here were 5 cws 20k gs vs a full team that had 1 of a kind, they would still loose ofc.
    this data isn't proving anything. and wont prove anything. you were expecting to win in that composition? nop.. we call that a troll comp. not a worthy comp of any case.
    destroyers are viable in pvp as i see it.
    sentinels are viable in pvp.
    problem is HR too dam strong.
  • johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2014
    Notice: I only PvE.

Most probably will only really be clear once this hits live,
    but here goes my gutt-feeling:

HR:

I liked where they where, but okay.

GWF:

They where lagging a bit behind lately.
    Disserve a buff, got a buff.
    Lets hope it will be enouph.

CW:

Stormspell was too strong, got a nerf.
    (Am I really the only CW to agree here?)

I like the direction you are taking here.
    More skill less auto-procs.

Still would love to see shards and magic missile viable again.
    A viable shards would make me really choose between more dps
    and more chill. (Sacrificing chilling control in favor of
    transcendant master)

Please dont let the paingiver chart rule your decisions though.
    Shooting a dinosaur in the face with a bazooka is way more awesome
    then patting the entire world on its back. Still the paingiver chart
    would disagree.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    nezraal wrote: »
    Dear developers,

Dear developers,

Please take note it was 5 no-name GWFs against probably the server's best PVP guild.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »

you guys still have not realized that none of the complaints against gwf is grounded in "balance", but in "psychological projections"?

ps::D
  • paukan007paukan007 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great Weapon Fighter

Instigator: Allied Opportunity: Damage Bonus increased to 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and the Combat Advantage Duration is increased to 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds (up from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds).
    Instigator: Group Assault: Damage bonus increased to 2/4/6/8/10% for each additional target struck (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).
    Instigator: Instigator's Vengeance: *Rework* Now grants 10% increased damage at all times. This value is increased by 10% each time you are struck in combat, up to a maximum total increase of 50%.

All I can say - you TOTALLY killed GWF for PvP. Gimp class in m4 becomes sooper-pooper-mega-gimp in m5... Bravo! On Russian server there are no GWFs on first 2 pages of PvP rating at all! And this patchnote looks like a bullet to dying man's head...

Instigator boosts are good for PvE but completely useless for PvP.
    Also, GWF now is only class without ANY control non-daily skills in PvP. Even over-upped HRs can prone players with encounter skills. GWF's stuns are TOO short. Players with high tenacity almost ignore them.

Suggestions:

Frontilne Surge: increase stun for 2-3 secs, or return making players prone.
    Takedown: same changes as frontline surge.

I think it's enough. No need "bugroar" and other imba skills. Just give us abilities you gave to others.
    From "Drider" with love.
    Bear. Vodka. Balalaika. :D
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    improve weapon damage calculation on gwf why still after year and a half gwf have the strongest weapon base but weakest at will and encounters all ours at wills need 25% higer damages and all encounters 50% only ibs dose good damage atm everything else is bad

alow deep gash to crtic if is ok for storm spell to crtic 14000+ why is not ok for dep gash to crtic 700-800?why dmage multipilers can work on storm spell and they cant on deepgash?

nerf u done to storm spell will not change anything since u improved proc chance to balance it u neeed to give icd atm storm spell alone dose over 7m damage in one tos and this is not broken for u?
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Make the animation of Indomitable Battle Strike as fast as Anvil of Doom. (similar skills yet one is twice as fast in landing).
    edited October 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    alow deep gash to crtic if is ok for storm spell to crtic 14000+ why is not ok for dep gash to crtic 700-800?why dmage multipilers can work on storm spell and they cant on deepgash?

storm is a class feature like steel blitz. steel blitz have critical damage.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Btw, what about the HR's Wilds Medicine feat? Believe it or not, but Piercing Blade is not the main issue with HRs, their immortality is.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    Btw, what about the HR's Wilds Medicine feat? Believe it or not, but Piercing Blade is not the main issue with HRs, their immortality is.
    Their 'immortality' is not down to Wilds Medicine. It's their boosted lifesteal.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    - Reduce the damage of storm spell by 25%
    - Make eye of the storm + 30/40/50% crit chance when activates, with NO ICD and module 3 proc chance.
    - Chaos magic need to be 150 feet radius to be competitive with other 2 capstones. I think Chaos Magic: Growth is useless for the majority of players, I think it should give critical severity or DoT.
    - Liked the change to Masterful Arcane Theft, it requires skill to use the best of it.
    - Chilling Advantage should give +10% crit chance versus targets affected by chill. Not linked to Chilling Presence.
    - Improve chilling presence and arcane presence to be competitive versus other features.
    - Make arcane stacks limit of 6 (up from 5). This make arcane spells a bit competitive including Magic Missile.
    - Orb of imposition is useless now for others that arent oppresor. Make it 15/30/45 and oppresor feat 2/4/6/8/10% for each rank of Orb. Renes and thaums can get +45% control with the feature and oppresors + 75%.
    - Oppresor capstone or level 4 feat should reduce the 3 sec window of child immunity to 2.
    - Improve Controlled momentum to +10% dmg
    - Improve the dmg of shard vs players by 30%, and vs monsters 10%.
    - Make arcane singularity target cap 10.
    - Change phantasmal destruction to level 2.
    - Improve Maelstrom of chaos to 15 target cap, and reduce a bit the dmg
    - Fix the AoE feats to affect all the same powers

This is my first batch
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bug: Renegade - Chaos Magic

Chaos Magic is 5 seconds duration. Sometimes it activates 2 or 3 auras at the same time.
  • jarecstephjarecsteph Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My thoughts are for near equal equipment score PVP players battles.
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    5 gwf premades against 5 enemy teams premades
    all destroyer specc , easy kill for opponents that are CWS or had a GF in their comp, not to say DC.
    so how is that unbalanced?
    even if here were 5 cws 20k gs vs a full team that had 1 of a kind, they would still loose ofc.
    this data isn't proving anything. and wont prove anything. you were expecting to win in that composition? nop.. we call that a troll comp. not a worthy comp of any case.
    destroyers are viable in pvp as i see it.
    sentinels are viable in pvp.
    problem is HR too dam strong.

So according to you Destroyer Tree is a fail ans so 5 GWF averaging 20k GS gets a 1000-3 is justifiable? Good feedback! Since MOST GWF follow Destroyer tree, Cryptic should take a look at our tree and builds.

Dear Developers,

Too many NON-GWF agree my tree IV > Destroyer on GWF is a fail for PvP. That's the purpose of my thread, please make an effort to click the link, http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?774991-5-GWF-PvP-20k-GS-why-a-lot-of-players-have-switched-or-complain , where you will find sufficient evident responses.

It should concern you, because:

1. MOST GWF are IV > Destroyer (do your DB query)
    2. A major class path, for intended use is broken

Unlike my semi-troll response on this thread, I tried to keep the conversation on the link toxic free. Evident in responses, from both non-GWF and GWF, the IV > Destroyer in the link above, my preferred class and tree is significantly behind, and your buffed Instigator is non-playable. I did your dirty homework for you, by running 5 GWF averaging 20k GS on premade.. I did it with a risk of being trolled but "surprisingly" the thread isn't toxic, at all which should be constructive for making a viable IV > Destroyer GWF path. Please take it seriously, a little common sense can do a world of good!

THANK YOU!
    (a frustrated GWF who would love to play IV > Destroyer as a viable option for PvP)
    edited October 2014
    @effectenstein this build, much superior to instigator.

http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,12ifx0c:100000:1uu5u1:15u000&h=0&p=ivn

Better Takedown - 5s Cool down
    Stronger IBS - 30% more damage (exec style) + 25% more power from ArP & recovery (disciple of war) + Destroyer's Purpose
    Stronger At-will, why? 10+30 = 40% damage bonus on sure strike + Extra Power (Disciple) + Destroyer's purpose
    More DPS, CC immune and tank from faster Determination gain because of Destroyer's Purpose

The Destroyer is superior to Instigator. No chance. More damage + more CC + more tank.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bug: Murderous Flames

The Warlock feat Murderous Flames can splash the wrong damage due to timing. In particular, it will splash Killing Curse instead of Killing Flames.

To replicate:
    1. Put feat points in both Murderous Flames and Killing Curse.
    2. Cast Killing Flames at an uncursed target dummy. Murderous Flames correctly splashes 6-30% of Killing Flames' damage.
    3. Cast Warlock's Curse at the dummy and cast Killing Flames again. Murderous Flames now splashes 6-30% of Killing Curse, which will likely be 1 damage.

There are probably other sources of damage that Murderous Flames will splash instead of Killing Flames, but it's easiest to replicate with Killing Curse.

Addendum:
    My test character also had Executioner's Gift, which may influence the timing, although Executioner's Gift alone doesn't get splashed.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
    edited October 2014
    I am not an expert in pvp, but Nimble Runner + Instigator's Vengeance seem much more appropriate than porpose destroyer/determination gain, once you get stacks passively, hits hard, runs, hits hard, etc. is a good synergy for what i see is the new "pvp gwf runner playstyle".
  • vasiamen1vasiamen1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    CW Chaos Magic feedback:

10 min of hitting the dummy and we have the procs:
    Chaos Magic: Growth - 41 times
    Chaos Magic: Nexus - 11 times
    Chaos Magic: Fury - 7 times

is that normal?
    edited October 2014
    vasiamen1 wrote: »
    CW Chaos Magic feedback:

10 min of hitting the dummy and we have the procs:
    Chaos Magic: Growth - 41 times
    Chaos Magic: Nexus - 11 times
    Chaos Magic: Fury - 7 times

is that normal?

I always noticed growth, the least useful one, proc most....
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've also had Growth proc over, and over, and over, every few seconds.
    edited October 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    I've also had Growth proc over, and over, and over, every few seconds.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was intentional. Like the 20% chance to proc nightmare wizardry that's still 5% in reality.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BUG:
    Tool tip for Nightmare Wizardy states the activation chance is 20%. Reviewing my ACT parse for a 4 dummy test, I had 449 hits, and only 17 Nightmare Wizardry Combat Advantages. This is less than 4%.
    edited October 2014
    BUG:
    Tool tip for Nightmare Wizardy states the activation chance is 20%. Reviewing my ACT parse for a 4 dummy test, I had 449 hits, and only 17 Nightmare Wizardry Combat Advantages. This is less than 4%.

We all knew for some time.
This discussion has been closed.