What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

Comments

• Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    • Trapper: Swiftness of the Fox: *Rework* Your Melee encounter powers shorten the cooldown of your Ranged encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%. Your Ranged encounter powers shorten the cooldown of your Melee encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.
    • Trapper: Biting Snares: Now generates 20% of your AP (up from 10%), increases your damage by 30% (up from 15%), and Control durations are increased by 60% (up from 30%).

Wonderful! Thank you
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still no reason to use trapper if the increased duration doesn't include a damage increase with thorned roots
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's nice to see some attention paid to trapper but it is still, with these changes, the worst feat tree. I would love to have a legitimate hybrid tree option.....
  • Options
    soriniakovsoriniakov Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Trapper: Biting Snares: Now generates 20% of your AP (up from 10%), increases your damage by 30% (up from 15%), and Control durations are increased by 60% (up from 30%).

+30% Control duration will increase roots life for 1 second - it's good, but more better feat Ancient Roots is bugged: additional roots duration doesn't work

Please, fix this bug and trapper's control ability will be really viable for pvp
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hunter Ranger
    • Melee: Piercing Blade: This feat now correctly looks at post resistance damage when calculating how much damage it should deal.
    Good news. Maybe this will stop all those QQ threads now. Or maybe not. :p
    Scourge Warlock
    • Tyrannical Threat: The damage from this power should now benefit from Armor Penetration correctly.
    • Creeping Death: Almost all powers that deal Necrotic Damage are now correctly identified as such, and should activate this feat much more reliably.
    Outstanding. This should finally make the Fury tree start performing to it's full potential. I feel a Respec coming on... :cool:
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Greetings Adventurers!

Great Weapon Fighter
    • Instigator: Allied Opportunity: Damage Bonus increased to 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and the Combat Advantage Duration is increased to 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds (up from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds).
    • Instigator: Group Assault: Damage bonus increased to 2/4/6/8/10% for each additional target struck (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).
    • Instigator: Instigator's Vengeance: *Rework* Now grants 10% increased damage at all times. This value is increased by 10% each time you are struck in combat, up to a maximum total increase of 50%.

Instigator: Allied Opportunity: Damage Bonus increased to 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and the Combat Advantage Duration is increased to 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds (up from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds).

I don't see the use of the increased duration for combat advantage here, since GWFs get their combat advantage from Marks already,
    how about changing the bonus effect like upgrading not so fast into daze or root. Or giving not so fast/mighty leap a marking ability?
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Instigator: Allied Opportunity: Damage Bonus increased to 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and the Combat Advantage Duration is increased to 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds (up from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds).

I don't see the use of the increased duration for combat advantage here, since GWFs get their combat advantage from Marks already,
    how about changing the bonus effect like upgrading not so fast into daze or root. Or giving not so fast/mighty leap a marking ability?

bro, combat advantage u gain for mark, but for how many seconds?
    if you make a scenario in your mind, and starting to launch into your enemies with MightyLeap you will increase CA for you and for your allies.. so it's a big thing as a support GWF, not so fast the same thing.
    i am a little worried about Instigator Vengence rework, as i hoped to help our teammates, dont know yet the mechanics of it, but i do hope it wont be like destroyers capstone, indeed i would like to be changed giving 30% more damage to our teammates , or less than that:)
  • Options
    dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    any chance to tonedown intimidation sentinel feat it does way too high dmg for a tank tree.

also GWF needs an base dmg incrased by 20% for all skills/at wills except for IBS
    its kinda meh that our class have less than 2k base dmg on all of our encounters and it damage is dependant on stacks.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    bro, combat advantage u gain for mark, but for how many seconds?

for 20 seconds or as long as there is a mark.... almost THRICE as this feat's duration.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    for 20 seconds or as long as there is a mark.... almost THRICE as this feat's duration.

is there full proof that lasts for 20 seconds? or at the beginnin of the mark you gain CA?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Control Wizard
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Fury - Now grants 30% damage and 10% Life Steal (up from 10% and 5% respectively).
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Nexus - Now grants 30% Armor Penetration and 30% Critical Chance (up from 10%).
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Growth - Now heals every .5 seconds for 250% of your weapon damage (up from 200% every second).
    • Renegade: Masterful Arcane Theft: Damage bonus increased to 3/6/9/12/15% on targets affected by Chill (up from 1/2/3/4/5%) and 1.2/2.4/3.6/4.8/6% per stack of Arcane Mastery (up from .6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3%).
    • Renegade: Chilling Advantage: Chilling Presence increases Critical Chance by 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).

OMFG so you wreck Chaos magic and make renegade a useless option , I changed to Thaum and have just finished making the Chilling eye of the Golden Dragon legendary and now you go and buff up Chaos magic ........................
    edited October 2014
    Instigator: Allied Opportunity
    can u change its combat advantage bonus to flat 7% damage bonus to team members on last lvl since it is very easy to get combat advantage from other mark skills which last a lot longer or can u make it to give daze to mighty leap and not so fats instead for 2.5 sec on last lvl

Instigator: Instigator's Vengeance
    cant u just change this feat to improve power of team members by 10% per stack this would fit more to roll of Instigator we all ready got dps destroyers no need for another raw dps tree and i think a lot of ppl would be happy to run as support gwf

where is fix for storm spell? will this be fixed or we will have cw teams for another module?
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Build isn't on preview at the time of this post, so this is based on my knowledge of the game (which I'd like to think is extensive)
    Great Weapon Fighter
    • Instigator: Group Assault: Damage bonus increased to 2/4/6/8/10% for each additional target struck (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).
    • Instigator: Instigator's Vengeance: *Rework* Now grants 10% increased damage at all times. This value is increased by 10% each time you are struck in combat, up to a maximum total increase of 50%.
    I think this is buffing Instigator too much and making it the DPS tree rather than Destroyer.
    Consider Destroyer Capstone needing stacks to be built and then grants 40% damage increase, which remains pretty much always on in combat, for argument's sake, it is a flat 40% damage boost.
    Focussed Destroyer grants 3.5%x3 = 10.5% bonus damage (above what the class feature normally gives).

So an Instigator now gets both the above from its Capstone just from being hit (and there's almost never a time when a GWF is not getting hit or taking damage, especially damage over time), and would not need to slot Destroyer as a class feature.
    In just about all PvE play, you have big pulls where you normally will hit your cap of 5 targets with AoE at-will such as Wicked Strike, so this is now dealing 40% bonus damage (up from 20%), which is an extremely large amount coupled with the reworked capstone.
    Note that Instigators would still end up picking 2 more feats from the Destroyer Paragon (Great Weapon Focus + Disciple of War), and therefore don't lose out of damage potential compared to Destroyers.

I would therefore strongly urge you to revise your rework to the following:
    • Instigator: Group Assault: Damage bonus increased to 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5% for each additional target struck (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).
    • Instigator: Instigator's Vengeance: *Rework* Now grants 3% increased critical chance each time you are struck in combat, up to a maximum total increase of 15%, this buff lasts for 15 seconds. Targets attacking you will be stunned for 0.3 seconds when you retaliate, this effect cannot trigger on the same target more than once every 3 seconds.

Which is in keeping with Instigators being more Support/Tactics than raw damage and trying to outcompete Destroyers.

Control Wizard
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Fury - Now grants 30% damage and 10% Life Steal (up from 10% and 5% respectively).
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Nexus - Now grants 30% Armor Penetration and 30% Critical Chance (up from 10%).
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Growth - Now heals every .5 seconds for 250% of your weapon damage (up from 200% every second).
    Again, I think the numbers are a bit over the top and will need adjustment downwards in order to not make Renegade THE go-to tree for most Control Wizards.
    Just something to think about is that a 30% flat damage boost with 10% flat Lifesteal is an extreme amount that can sustain a party without needing a Healer in the party. Chaos Magic: Fury was the one boost that was already "very good" and didn't need any further tuning.
    Nexus was a bit weaker considering that players generally have sufficient armor penetration anyway, so it was just the critical chance boost, which was a bit low, but not exceedingly so. It was very useful in PvP though (except being outshined by Assailant dealing non-mitigatable damage)
    Growth was already extremely good and could heal a damaged party back to full, but with Lifesteal being so commonplace and powerful, people generally didn't like this buff as healing someone at full health is rather pointless. It is certainly a great buff for parties without lifesteal and poor healers. Consider that my Control Wizard heals itself for 2100 odd damage each tick at present, which is 10% of my max HP in PvE.

So my suggestions on Chaos Magic would be:
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Fury - Remains at 10% Damage Bonus and 5% flat Damage gained as Hitpoints (if anything, reduce the 5% DgaH to 3%)
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Nexus - Now grants 15% Resistance Ignored and 15% Critical Chance (up from 10%).
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Growth - Now heals every .5 seconds for 100% of your weapon damage (changed from 200% every second). more steady flow of healing, total amount unchanged

If you want to make Renegade more useful, you will have to tone Assailant down slightly, such as by giving it a 6 second internal cooldown or making it trigger only off direct damage (i.e. when casting a spell), not damage over time.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    on inst you also lose bonus damage from sure strike and ibs from executioners, so, as it was said before, inst seems to be aoe clear while destro single target, and in stuff like eLoL you dont really want to get hit that often, 2 bad they didnt mention how long the stacks last

inst will work better as sm, no easy marks there
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    on inst you also lose bonus damage from sure strike and ibs from executioners, so, as it was said before, inst seems to be aoe clear while destro single target, and in stuff like eLoL you dont really want to get hit that often, 2 bad they didnt mention how long the stacks last

inst will work better as sm, no easy marks there

dont think so no point to go sm inst since we should use wicked strike on it
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wicked + wms get better use of that CA as a pure aoe setup
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    wicked + wms get better use of that CA as a pure aoe setup

still better to go just to iron and get flat 35% damage bonus for u and 15% team from easy marks on tr
  • Options
    charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Control Wizard
    • Renegade: Masterful Arcane Theft: Damage bonus increased to 3/6/9/12/15% on targets affected by Chill (up from 1/2/3/4/5%) and 1.2/2.4/3.6/4.8/6% per stack of Arcane Mastery (up from .6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3%).
    • Renegade: Chilling Advantage: Chilling Presence increases Critical Chance by 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).

Chaos Magic really got interesting. A powerful random buff the mage himself can not choose when active. But will affect the party properly? I've had enough of groups that people do not see any difference while the random buff activated. Make the aura to appear in all affected players equal to KV.

Please make visible the bonus in the amount of the total critical when you have the feat "Chilling Advantage" with the passive "Chilling Presence" active. I was never sure if the feat was bugged or not.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    These changes are quite nice. A dps build with a tank's gameplay? Sounds pretty cool to me :)

However, I feel it lacks survivability. I mean, even destroyer has better survivability as he gains determination with attacks and has unstoppable almost all the time. And he doesn't need to be hit, ever. I propose adding the old unstoppable (25-50% DR) for the capstone to balance this. That would make this the ultimate hybrid path.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    is there full proof that lasts for 20 seconds? or at the beginnin of the mark you gain CA?

079094bc3c.png

It lasts the full 20 seconds (I hit 1 extra after the mark ended by accident, but every other attack from sure strike is a Flank).

Edit: here is the time table from the ACT test:

Beginning of test: http://puu.sh/c6SBz/e3e4cff277.png
    End of test: http://puu.sh/c6SEM/5d8a2570a2.png

Now, try to bring up things that aren't common knowledge and/or be proven true/false in under a minute.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    GWF str should grant 2-4% more dmg per point
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Updated OP with changes to Wizard and Great Weapon Fighter that are as follows. These changes will *NOT* be in the initial preview push, but should be in a subsequent build.

Control Wizard
    • Storm Spell: Chance to activate increased to 30%, but can only trigger on critical hits now.
    • Thaumaturge: Assailing Force: The damage from this power is now activated by Encounter powers rather than all damage.
    • Orb of Imposition: This class feature has been reverted to a previous state where it grants 5% increased control duration per rank.
    • Oppressor: Glacial Movement: This feat now increases the effectiveness of each rank of Orb of Imposition by 4/8/12/16/20%.

Great Weapon Fighter
    • Sentinel: Intimidation: This feat now deals 7/14/21/28/35% of your Power in damage (down from 10/20/30/40/50%).
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Renegade: Chilling Advantage: Chilling Presence increases Critical Chance by 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).

Speaking from a MoF CW point of view, if I were to go Renegade (which I'm strongly considering based on these changes), I can't imagine a scenario when I would want to slot Chilling Presence. MoFs *must* take Swath of Destruction as one of their passives because they get so much damage from Smolder and Rimefire Smolder. So if I took the Chilling Advantage feat, that leaves forsaking either Critical Conflagration or Combustive Action in favor of Chilling Presence. Giving up additional crit severity and automatic application of smolder upon crits, or faster dailies, in favor of 10% extra critical chance? I don't think it would be worth the tradeoff. I like the intent of this feat but I don't think it's competitive with the available choices out there.

Now I can see it possibly being used as a second passive for Spellstorm CW's (along with Storm Spell). But I can't see it being used with MoF.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Updated OP with changes to Wizard and Great Weapon Fighter that are as follows. These changes will *NOT* be in the initial preview push, but should be in a subsequent build.

Control Wizard
    • Storm Spell: Chance to activate increased to 30%, but can only trigger on critical hits now.
    • Thaumaturge: Assailing Force: The damage from this power is now activated by Encounter powers rather than all damage.
    • Orb of Imposition: This class feature has been reverted to a previous state where it grants 5% increased control duration per rank.
    • Oppressor: Glacial Movement: This feat now increases the effectiveness of each rank of Orb of Imposition by 4/8/12/16/20%.

Great Weapon Fighter
    • Sentinel: Intimidation: This feat now deals 7/14/21/28/35% of your Power in damage (down from 10/20/30/40/50%).

intimidation will still do way too much dmg make it 4/8/12/16/20%

side note: GWF need more base dmg our base dmg is laughable and incrase in 20-30% to at-wills and encounters except for IBS would be welcomed, its just meh that our dmg is dependant on stacks :|
  • Options
    adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Then could you revert the root time on icy rays with the orb nerf? because then the CC resistance change will be a massive nerf and will no longer have a 2s root when used with orb, it will be about a 1.4s when used on one person. This change would effectively make orb of imposition useless again for other feat trees, and i would prefer to run with storm spell and eye of the storm again.
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Control Wizard

Great Weapon Fighter

with a better animation of Darin Shout i hope? :D at least one that doesn't shout 2-3 times without even using the encoutner.

no dante, 35% is enough, lowering more, is like killing the senti build again.
    it used to be 10% they made it 50% so better somewhere at the middle. not to say it doesnt crit everytime. so it's enough of a nerf.
    now problem is to increase base damage either with 10-20% and decrease it from destroyer purpose and instigator vengence, keepin in mind that cagi and daring shout isn't affected.
    someone said this, this is not normal as a 2 handed with more power than a GF can do 600 damage per hit with sure strike, and i agree with him.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Control Wizard

Great Weapon Fighter

Storm Spell - This change will actually be pretty interesting to see how it works out in the end.
    Orb - So your goal with this is to make the differentiation between dps or control more clear? Sweet.
  • Options
    showmelightsshowmelights Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014

THIS!!! Now Oppressor can be the control tree. Man, Glacial Movement now buffs Ray of Frost AND Orb of Imposition, it will be great.
  • Options
    herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Control Wizard

Will you be looking at Eye of the Storm as well? It's too easy to proc and unload the whole rotation while it's up. 1/3 of the hits will proc Storm Spell - we'll have to see how that works out.
    I do like the Glacial Movement change - putting control back into Oppressor.
    (now it would be cool if they had a feat that increased target cap on Singularity/Immolation.... you know.... just saying.............plz?)
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Control Wizard

Super sweet, all other classes with have more control again and storm spell gone to 15% if you slot eots and stack crit in pvp which is insane and 3 chances to proc assailant. I see no possible downside to this. So glad you thought it through so thoroughly and considered the effect it would have. Best outcome is its like cn door fix and you only think it happened.
This discussion has been closed.