Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Trickster Rogue Changes

Comments

• Options
    chihuabchihuab Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2014
    http://pastebin.com/0fdPmymx

Shadowy Opportunity is definitely doing more dmg than 75% weapon dmg.

It does 2000+ dmg (after mitigation) consistently but 75% wep dmg should only be about 700-800.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chihuab wrote: »
    http://pastebin.com/0fdPmymx

Shadowy Opportunity is definitely doing more dmg than 75% weapon dmg.

It does 2000+ dmg (after mitigation) consistently but 75% wep dmg should only be about 700-800.

it's not bugged, it's stealthed damage being affected by feats like +25% more damage in stealth
    ( Ambusher's Haste: While Stealthed you gain a damage bonus of 5/10/15/20/25%. This bonus dimishes as your stealth meter drains out.)
    it's affected by combat advantage and charisma. Basically like intimidation is affected by mark or CW's procs are affected by combat advantage, debuffs and the feat "tempest magic".
    you can clearly see it analizing how much that damage change touching its minimum at 75% weapon damage plus combat advantage. It' wai.

Proof:

shadowy.png

damage starts higher and than normalize for feats. Than higher again because of shadow strike refilling the stealth bar. It's synergy in the path.

• Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    it's not bugged, it's stealthed damage being affected by feats like +25% more damage in stealth
    ( Ambusher's Haste: While Stealthed you gain a damage bonus of 5/10/15/20/25%. This bonus dimishes as your stealth meter drains out.)
    it's affected by combat advantage and charisma. Basically like intimidation is affected by mark or CW's procs are affected by combat advantage, debuffs and the feat "tempest magic".
    you can clearly see it analizing how much that damage change touching its minimum at 75% weapon damage. It' wai

800 dmg buffed to 2000+ (as high as 4000) is 300%+ more dmg, that's definitely not WAI unless it could crit.
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bvira wrote: »
    800 dmg buffed to 2000+ (as high as 4000) is 300%+ more dmg, that's definitely not WAI unless it could crit.

100% crit chance from stealth
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    it also ignores armor .. so it is wai
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    you can clearly see it analizing how much that damage change touching its minimum at 75% weapon damage plus combat advantage. It' wai.

Proof:

shadowy.png

damage starts higher and than normalize for feats. Than higher again because of shadow strike refilling the stealth bar. It's synergy in the path.

So are you saying that the feats determine the base damage of shadowy opportunity, then the feats would apply yet another set of multipliers to increase the base dmg, just like intimidation?

I see nothing in saboteur tree that would increase your dmg by 300%+ unless it is because of the reason above or that it could crit which it isn't supposed to.
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did anyone actually bother to read the logs?
    TIME ATTACKER ATTACKTYPE DAMAGETYPE VICTIM DAMAGE CRITICAL SPECIAL FLANK BASEDAMAGE EFFECTIVENESS
    4:34:55 PM PLAYER1 Shadowy Opportunity Physical PLAYER2 2888.7 False None True 3461.5 83.5 %

Damage: 2888.7
    Critical: FALSE
    Flank (Combat Advantage): TRUE
    Base Damage: 3461.5

How is this WAI when Shadow Opportunity is 75% of weapon damage? Assuming the feat counts both weapons, which is maximum 537 + 503 = 1040 weapon damage * 75% = 780 weapon damage. SO also does NOT crit, which you would have noticed if you had read the logs instead of making assumptions.

Shadow Opportunity is BASE 780 damage. 3461 / 780 is a 444% damage multiplier. There is nothing, NOTHING in the game short of multiple debuffs on the target from multiple players that will give you that sort of damage multiplier. No single TR can achieve a damage multiplier like that on a non-crit skill.

Let's do the maths on it. At best, with high stealth bar and the 25% damage bonus from Ambusher's Haste, with Combat Advantage damage (let's assume 25% damage bonus here; realistically you'll have less). Base damage is 780. Assuming base power at 6k which is approximately 36% damage bonus, with 25 strength (most trs will have much less), which is a 15% damage bonus. Also profound set with 7.5% damage bonus in stealth. I'm not sure whether the bonuses are additive or multiplicative (seems multiplicative at least), so I'll post both.

If the bonuses are multiplicative:

780 * 1.25 * 1.25 * 1.36 * 1.15 * 1.075 = 2048 damage

If the bonuses are additive:

780 * (1 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.36 + 0.15) = 1684 damage

Now note that this is assuming max DPS settings, realistically a tr would have 25% from Ambusher's, around 18 strength, 20% combat advantage damage, 5k power, profound, which would be:

Multiplicative:

780 * 1.25 * 1.2 * 1.08 * 1.3 * 1.075 = 1765 damage

Additive:

780 * (1 + (0.25 + 0.2 + 0.08 + 0.3 + 0.075)) = 1485 damage

Both of which are NOWHERE near the numbers posted.

Also as a final note, I'm glad that TRs are finally getting their damage back, but the fact you can just run around in stealth until daily is up and then hit someone for 50k while they're dazed is kind of silly. Granted there are worse things than that in mod 5 but there's no chance you'll find a TR that runs all over the place (offnode) in domination before they get their daily up, especially if they have the DC artifact. Yes, other classes such as HR still need some toning down in terms of damage and healing (zzz lifesteal and piercing blade) but winning by running around is just silly.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    BUG!

The new stealth damage (stealth damage according to ratio of HP lost per attack) mechanic seems to have problems with Tenacious Concealment(90% damage reduction) + offhand power augment for TenCon (+10% extra damage reduction).

In previous patch, the 100% damage reduction (as in 'Immunity') worked as intended, both when in or out of stealth. When in stealth it protected your stealth meter from damage, and when out of stealth one could clearly confirm visually that incoming attacks do not deplete the stealth meter.

However, with the present patch, the stealth meter is correctly protected from depletion when out of stealth (again, can be visually confirmed that damage does not deplete the meter), but when in stealth, the extra 10% seems to not apply, and as a result your stealth ends prematurely.

In my testings, I've had a fellow TR stand next to me while in stealth and barrage me with CoS, and I've confirmed my stealth meter (I am using 5/5 Improved Cunning Sneak + Profound set) ends at around 6.5 seconds when under attack. With the 100% protection from TenCon, it should be ending at 9s or so.

Please look into this matter, thanks. :)

(ps) For that matter, please look into the fact Bilethorn ticks also ignore TenCon and damage your stealth meter despite protection.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    ralexinor wrote: »

How is this WAI when Shadow Opportunity is 75% of weapon damage? Assuming the feat counts both weapons, which is maximum 537 + 503 = 1040 weapon damage * 75% = 780 weapon damage. SO also does NOT crit, which you would have noticed if you had read the logs instead of making assumptions.

Shadow Opportunity is BASE 780 damage. 3461 / 780 is a 444% damage multiplier. There is nothing, NOTHING in the game short of multiple debuffs on the target from multiple players that will give you that sort of damage multiplier. No single TR can achieve a damage multiplier like that on a non-crit skill.

Let's do the maths on it. At best, with high stealth bar and the 25% damage bonus from Ambusher's Haste, with Combat Advantage damage (let's assume 25% damage bonus here; realistically you'll have less). Base damage is 780. Assuming base power at 6k which is approximately 36% damage bonus, with 25 strength (most trs will have much less), which is a 15% damage bonus. Also profound set with 7.5% damage bonus in stealth. I'm not sure whether the bonuses are additive or multiplicative (seems multiplicative at least), so I'll post both.

Now note that this is assuming max DPS settings, realistically a tr would have 25% from Ambusher's, around 18 strength, 20% combat advantage damage, 5k power, profound, which would be:

Multiplicative:

Additive:

Also as a final note, I'm glad that TRs are finally getting their damage back, but the fact you can just run around in stealth until daily is up and then hit someone for 50k while they're dazed is kind of silly. Granted there are worse things than that in mod 5 but there's no chance you'll find a TR that runs all over the place (offnode) in domination before they get their daily up, especially if they have the DC artifact. Yes, other classes such as HR still need some toning down in terms of damage and healing (zzz lifesteal and piercing blade) but winning by running around is just silly.

nerf CW and HR first then talk about TR, so lets compare Shadow Oppurtunity(TR/Sabo feat) to Piercing Blade(HR feat)
    Shadow Opportunity deals 75% while Piercing Blade for 40% the difference is HRs can reap the benefit of their feat 24/7 with all 3 encounters from melee and as many Atwills they want, but for TR its for 1-2 Atwill and 1 encounter due to stealth loss upon activation. Now I dont see the reason why some of you here complains alot about TR while other class is basically more imbalance that rogues. HR TAB dont go on cooldown and CW TAB has fast recovery I dont need to show numbers here because its clear as your mom's breast pump. Get out of here you crybabies and stop hating competition.

And for the devs give us feats and passives that is not super duper stealth dependent, its because of this set up you gave us that we rely too much in stealth, too many rogue haters even in live they even cures at rogues for messing up their life lawl! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Shadowy Opportunity doesnt work with path of blades and smoke bomb.
    One with the shadows doesnt work with path of blades
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Multiplicative:

Additive:

The piercing damage is being calculated AFTER the weapon attack lands, apparently based on weapon damage dealt. Because a rogue has to be in stealth to trigger it, the triggering attack lands with 100% crit chance, thus increasing the total weapon damage from the initial attack.

Using the "realistic" rogue numbers you chose and a regular vorpal enchant:

(780 + (780 * (0.75 [base crit sev] + 0.25 [vorpal]))) * 1.25 * 1.2 * 1.08 * 1.3 * 1.075 = 3531 damage

That looks a LOT more like the numbers you are seeing. Shadowy Opportunity can't crit on its own. I don't believe any one is suggesting that Shadowy Opportunity can crit, especially since it has no hit or miss mechanics on its own. But it is apparently modified by a crit from the triggering attack.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Please give bait and switch immunity frames (cc and damage) during casting and rolling effect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    hadukhanhadukhan Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please give bait and switch immunity frames (cc and damage) during casting and rolling effect

and fix the taunt, i dont think it is working right
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    essenti wrote: »
    The piercing damage is being calculated AFTER the weapon attack lands, apparently based on weapon damage dealt. Because a rogue has to be in stealth to trigger it, the triggering attack lands with 100% crit chance, thus increasing the total weapon damage from the initial attack.

Using the "realistic" rogue numbers you chose and a regular vorpal enchant:

(780 + (780 * (0.75 [base crit sev] + 0.25 [vorpal]))) * 1.25 * 1.2 * 1.08 * 1.3 * 1.075 = 3531 damage

That looks a LOT more like the numbers you are seeing. Shadowy Opportunity can't crit on its own. I don't believe any one is suggesting that Shadowy Opportunity can crit, especially since it has no hit or miss mechanics on its own. But it is apparently modified by a crit from the triggering attack.

dont waste your time explaining things to a milk drinker like ralexinor, she is pretending to overreact to TR changes thus wants to see nerf for rogues piercing damage is bad news for to all other class.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    k9madrush wrote: »
    dont waste your time explaining things to a milk drinker like ralexinor, she is pretending to overreact to TR changes thus wants to see nerf for rogues piercing damage is bad news for to all other class.

Dude, can you lay off the insults and post some constructive feedback please? For the record, I am /against/ the idea of piercing damage even for HRs. I hate what the HR class has become and how op it is - I don't even play combat anymore because of that. I've been against red glyphs from the start and I've only started using them in mod 5 (not even mod 4) because I'm now being forced to in order to stay competitive against other HRs. Note that I said I'm glad that TRs have gotten their damage back - but if something is broken I'll report it.

Also Essenti - I can see what you mean there. That's a possibility I entertained but if that's the case, that is a bug because weapon damage is a flat value - its value should not be increased or decreased regardless of crit or not. Your total max weapon damage is a flat 1040 value.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Asking devs to fix something that isn't WAI isn't the same as asking for a nerf, learn the difference.
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Also Essenti - I can see what you mean there. That's a possibility I entertained but if that's the case, that is a bug because weapon damage is a flat value - its value should not be increased or decreased regardless of crit or not. Your total max weapon damage is a flat 1040 value.
    Calling it a bug might be premature, since you are trying to authoritatively define what the devs meant by weapon damage in the skill description. That could be base weapon damage as you see it, or inflicted weapon damage as I have explained in my previous post. It is definitely not clear which one they meant in the skill description and it certainly can be interpreted either way. At least it isn't an amorphous and mystical extra damage from the realm of imaginary TR-OPness anymore. :D
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not for the first time I am struck by the notion that it would be nice if Cryptic was more rigorous about defining the terminology used.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I posted my numbers and those are exactly what we should be getting summing all the buffs from feats and ability score + combat adv.
    I dont know how to replicate yours but i Never saw those.

Then if it is a bug i would say it s not even proccing from dots like everything in this game, something that should be fixed? Like is not proccing on smokebomb, on duelist bleed, on path of the blade, on dis. Strike, on bilethorn. It should .
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Weapon damage is always base weapon damage not the damage you deal with a skill.
  • Options
    crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    caexar wrote: »
    I still feel that the third strike of Duelist's Flurry should only count as one attack for the purpose of stealth depletion.
    [...]
    I'd also like to see flurry bleeds only change the damage dealt if the refreshing bleed is of a greater damage value. I can flurry someone and get bleeds ticking in crit then flurry them again and the duration resets but the damage does to a non crit, less amount. This is just wrong. Flurry bleeds should always refresh and always go up in damage as the fight goes on.

So much this. It's so stupid to have a nice 10k+ bleeding crit ticking, do another DF and get a non-crit of like 3k. There already is such a mechanic (I can't remember where), that only higher values are applied. It should be like:
    new bleed lower than current bleed? -> only refresh current bleed duration and don't overwrite current bleed
    new bleed higher than current bleed? -> apply new bleed (-> overwrite current bleed) with refreshed bleed duration
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Asking devs to fix something that isn't WAI isn't the same as asking for a nerf, learn the difference.

HR asking for nerf is pathetic, go back playing your ** class. It is working as it should and you should be concerned how to fix broken HR.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    HR asking for nerf is pathetic, go back playing your ** class. It is working as it should and you should be concerned how to fix broken HR.

No one takes you seriously anymore since everyone has established that you're an idiot. This thread is for constructive feedback, you should just leave the forum forever if you have nothing to contribute.
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No one takes you seriously anymore since everyone has established that you're an idiot. This thread is for constructive feedback, you should just leave the forum forever if you have nothing to contribute.

You are just another from plague anti TR, so go back on your HR thread. How frustrated you must be if you try to nerf class which is not even on live.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You are just another from plague anti TR, so go back on your HR thread. How frustrated you must be if you try to nerf class which is not even on live.

Since you're calling names and stuff, Vira is an established player who mains a DC, not an HR. ralexinor started playing on TR and often still does, her TR is like page 7 and is almost fully geared. Both are respected PvPers.

You however are recognized because you're one of those rare people that complain about your class forever, regardless of its PvP state. Why would you do that? You complain about CWs and HRs when you can one-shot pretty much each class with a single daze/BB combo.

It's mindnumbing what you're doing.
    essenti wrote: »
    increasing the total weapon damage from the initial attack.

You can see "Weapon Damage" by hovering above your weapons with your mouse. The weapon damage does not get multiplied or modified by buffs or w/e.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Since you're calling names and stuff, Vira is an established player who mains a DC, not an HR. ralexinor started playing on TR and often still does, her TR is like page 7 and is almost fully geared. Both are respected PvPers.

You however are recognized because you're one of those rare people that complain about your class forever, regardless of its PvP state. Why would you do that? You complain about CWs and HRs when you can one-shot pretty much each class with a single daze/BB combo.

You can see "Weapon Damage" by hovering above your weapons with your mouse. The weapon damage does not get multiplied or modified by buffs or w/e.

to all the names you mentioned including yourself this is not the place for you to complain about the changes for TR, this should be for feedbacks with the sole purpose of improving the class, stop talking about numbers and balance because this game isnt balanced ok? If TR can one hit CW can perma freeze HR can deflect and heal and get 6 encounters from TAB so dont complain ok?
  • Options
    edited November 2014

the weapon damage not, but once it becomes damages is being affected by all of those like any other source
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    to all the names you mentioned including yourself this is not the place for you to complain about the changes for TR, this should be for feedbacks with the sole purpose of improving the class, stop talking about numbers and balance because this game isnt balanced ok? If TR can one hit CW can perma freeze HR can deflect and heal and get 6 encounters from TAB so dont complain ok?

They are trying to balance it, so maybe we should give them a helping hand. But I got you. You just wanna be OP. Fine by me.

As wiser TRs such as kweassa predicted, this will lead to your class being nerfed badly (yet again), due to the river of pug tears that will flood the forums in 2 weeks.

Suit yourselves guys :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014

My main is a DC and on PTR we could do 100k Daunting Light with our own debuff, and you know what, I reported in the DC feedback thread about how our feats interact in an unintended way that allows us to do insane amount of dmg. We're not like you, who just mindlessly defend all the broken things of your class, we actually want the game to be balanced.

LB, SE were nerfed because of their 1-shot ability, so devs are definitely AGAINST 1-shot build. Now BB is like the new SE, and you're trying to defend that even it's CLEARLY something devs don't want?

Again, we're asking for a FIX not a NERF, learn the difference before you comment.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    feedback: Impossible to Catch (encounter master infiltrator) BUG
    If you are attacked as you try to cast the encounter ITC, sometimes the encounter will go on cooldown without any effect.
    Please fix this before mod 5 goes live
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.