Official Feedback Thread: Trickster Rogue Changes

Comments

• Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ikapamk wrote: »
    Aight, so:

Feedback
    • Smoke Bomb - Damage added is just about right - slightly less than SF, but enough that, when dodging away, significant damage is still rolling in. Unfortunately, I had a few misfires with the power. Any time I hit SB then either rolled away or proceeded to use other attacks, I got the sound effect (instantaneous), but no smoke bomb
    • Sly Flourish - Had no problem with it. Especially came in handy on larger HD creatures
    • Cloud of Steel - Again, no issues here. Well done
    • Activation Times - I don't mind having to pause briefly to use my encounters, but The cast times for certain encounters is too long. Some, like PotB and Smokebomb require you to come to a complete stop mid-combat and wait for the power to activate. Others, like Blitz, ITC and VP, take just a tad bit too long to use comfortably and fluidly without stepping to the edge of combat for some protection
    • Cooldowns - Certain powers are just too long on cooldowns. I can understand LB being long if it's doing massive damage, but please keep all base CDs below 15 sec. That would make a big difference in QoL and smoothness of play

what about halving Lashing Blade cool down if you miss?
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    i fail to see the crazy aoe however gj on smoke bomb, damage is not to crazy.. just balanced.
    really nothing to say. i like it.

now please cooldowns reduction, survivability buffs, revert gloaming nerf and we are set.

Hardly. It's a 10k AoE damage applied in the effect area vs. unlimited targets. Not so great in PvP, or fighting one or two enemies, but with the AoE TR setup I showcased, that's a significant increase of damage that can be chained from 1 AoE daze to another. :D
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Hardly. It's a 10k AoE damage applied in the effect area vs. unlimited targets. Not so great in PvP, or fighting one or two enemies, but with the AoE TR setup I showcased, that's a significant increase of damage that can be chained from 1 AoE daze to another. :D

SMOKE BOMB: PVE wise it's the best thing happened

PVE is perfect now with that buff ! PERFECT ! scoundrel get a +25% damage on it, executioner a 25% more damages for all enemies below 70% hp, saboteur a refill of stealth. PERFECT ! NO OTHER WORDS.

BUT Please...really....keep all the cooldowns down 15 sec just please.
    hard buff survivability out of stealth and for me we are done.

then performances would be based on skill and not on overpowered things or mechanics.

just for the note: really underperforming skill are impact shot, shocking execution, shadow strike could use a faster animation.
  • Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    what about halving Lashing Blade cool down if you miss?

I don't really use LB, so it wasn't on my mind, but that's a good suggestion.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I want to thank CRYPTIC devs for making this the first rework that makes 90% of the class supporters UNHAPPY before the mod comes to live and the remaining 10% within 2 weeks from the launch.Plus making it the first rework that is gonna please classes such as HR,CW,SW even more. CONGRATS

PS PLZ DONT REMOVE THIS POST
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    no dude you dont know what you are talking about.
    with new smoke bomb you daze everything while duelist of your enemy.
    it's so **** good that you even start to accept stealth depletion.
    In pvp im not that happy.
    we get one shotted every 2 sec...really... it's fun from being fun but i hope you listening to our concerns about cooldowns and survivabilities.
    hell if even kweassa tends to agree, the problem is far evident.

i will repeat now: PVE TR is now a thing !
  • Options
    yourbutt2048yourbutt2048 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Smoke Bomb is probably gonna get nerfed, its like a mini Oppressive Force and TR is mainly supposed to be single target damage. I would rather it stay the way it is now though.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I Dont know why ya all care that pve tr is better (yes it is) but are you r******edd to run the same 10 dungeons over and over again ??
    BTW no tr can do more dps than any cw or sw even RIGHT AFTER THE REWORK so again... I WANT TO THANK THE 10% OF THE TRS FOR THEIR FEEDBACK , WE 'LL TALK AGAIN IN 2 WEEKS.BTW >>REALLY TR IS AN AOE CLASS NOW??? REALLY??? THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY??
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    everything s gonna get nerfed not cause of the pve , pve was never any reason to cause any nerf
    PVP WAS THE REASON
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    you cant have the right single target without breaking pvp.
    this is why executioner is kinda a joke.
    yes it makes me happier than yesterday

and news at 20: we are the worst class in pvp since mod 3

basically we have now a perfect compromise between single target and aoe which is dished out in roguish way. it's the most funnier thing i ever played after a trapper HR.
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    SMOKE BOMB: PVE wise it's the best thing happened

PVE is perfect now with that buff ! PERFECT ! scoundrel get a +25% damage on it, executioner a 25% more damages for all enemies below 70% hp, saboteur a refill of stealth. PERFECT ! NO OTHER WORDS.

BUT Please...really....keep all the cooldowns down 15 sec just please.
    hard buff survivability out of stealth and for me we are done.

then performances would be based on skill and not on overpowered things or mechanics.

just for the note: really underperforming skill are impact shot, shocking execution, shadow strike could use a faster animation.

You guys did a great job and I know its not easy task to do all of this so thank you and hope to see more improvement.

And I would like to add the following that needs attention:

*Stat Design needs improvement
    *Sneak Attack gives huge bonus movement speed out of stealth and half value when in stealth. Rogues have alot of stealth base meaning those are dead when out of stealth.
    *Whisperknife: Razor Action I think this needs rework like a successful deflect restores % of stamina and increase in deflect chance by 2%(+2% per rank)
    *Whisperknife: Advantageous Position The 20% reduction in range damage is not enough to keep rogues alive with the current damage output of range class most especially CW, further improving it to 50-70% will be fine considering its duration and only for range damage.
    *Master Infiltrator: Gloaming Cut Its hard to land in PVP with its current slow activation
    8Shadow Strike Its very slow and in PVP every second is important for rogues to survive. The reduced CD per rank and a slight daze even out stealth would be nice.
    *Stealth The regeneration when the meter is empty is very important to us, a simple DOT can ruin our mechanic stopping it from being refilled due to this we rely too much with Shadow Strike which has poor damage long cooldown and slow activation could you please put more attention to this.
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Smoke Bomb is probably gonna get nerfed, its like a mini Oppressive Force and TR is mainly supposed to be single target damage. I would rather it stay the way it is now though.
    Another hypocrite making propaganda. CW has more single target dmg, more aoe, more control more survivability and you are just another from plague of anti TR's.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Another hypocrite making propaganda. CW has more single target dmg, more aoe, more control more survivability and you are just another from plague of anti TR's.

it's not different from icy terrain.... just a bigger radius but less up time
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    heruwath1 wrote: »
    everything s gonna get nerfed not cause of the pve , pve was never any reason to cause any nerf
    PVP WAS THE REASON

Reason of nerfs was before TR are not defending their class, they support nerfs and suggest them like you just did. I have never ever seen nerf thread in CW supported by them when they are soo ** that it's out of imagination.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I do not know why these people are here, CW is on the top of food chain what else do you want to prove? dont you want to have a fair game with other class? I assure you the moment MOD 5 comes to live I will make a TR build to screw every last one of your kind and the only game you will enjoy are premade matches in dominion with 17k+ GS team.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Seems you all got offended by my previous statement, I guess I should have worded that properly. I FEEL like it will get nerfed, you all say I am anti-TR, you can clearly see I said I would rather it stay the same. My main character is a TR btw. I don't WANT it to get nerfed, its a feeling, mainly because I feel its a very good skill and with how the TR has been treated before...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Seems you all got offended by my previous statement, I guess I should have worded that properly. I FEEL like it will get nerfed, you all say I am anti-TR, you can clearly see I said I would rather it stay the same. My main character is a TR btw. I don't WANT it to get nerfed, its a feeling, mainly because I feel its a very good skill and with how the TR has been treated before...

If TR should be nerf then they should start with CW and HR.
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sure is a lot of petulant finger-pointing going around.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    Sure is a lot of petulant finger-pointing going around.

Its crab mentality as usual they want to stay in power doesnt want the new TR from getting a equal foot hold with other class.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Reason of nerfs was before TR are not defending their class, they support nerfs and suggest them like you just did. I have never ever seen nerf thread in CW supported by them when they are soo ** that it's out of imagination.

agreed. there are even some whisperknives who never fail to encourage nerfing master infiltrators instead of just buffing their paragon. but the real problem is this entire community all enjoy making nerf threads targetted at rogues. some even did it as a joke, thread passed a dozen pages, and eventually the devs caved to multiple threads about it. quite frankly, it's better to not argue against it and hope the threads die out within a few pages so the devs won't notice.
    it's not different from icy terrain.... just a bigger radius but less up time
    smoke bomb is inferior to icy terrain though. both wizard paragons proc extra damage on top of it which equals to more damage and 1 paragon can boost group dps by 15% that way. regardless, highly-geared wizards just melt entire groups quick enough to not care......including the barbarian ambush in shores of tuern and without getting hit once.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Here an example of pve set up.
    heroic encounter, tower of auril

6rFFbxf.png

Prospects:

q1VKMh6.png

took me 14 min

i m happy.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I've never seen any whisperknife TRs ask for a nerf on Master Infiltrator, if they really do then thats just sad...
  • Options
    hadukhanhadukhan Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wow that ACT report really shows how little the boons do
  • Options
    shanmastahshanmastah Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1.Gloaming Cut: make it faster (30-40%? like with DF) OR revert damage OR both

That way it will be rewarding to either aim and hit well or stick on target with constant hitting

2. Still GC: Change sneaky stabber to 4/8/12/16/20% (5/10/15/20/25%?) stealth granted AND make GC drain stealth (with this feat it`ll be +5% (10?) per hit)

BUT it require 1. Otherwise it`s just a nerf that shouldn`t be.

3. If not 2, change sneaky stabber to grant 2/4/6/8/10% (1/2/3/4/5?) stealth from ANY attack (or any at-will at least) grant GC MUCH HIGHER dmg and make GC deplete stealth. That way TRs WILL HAVE TO go out from stealth BUT will be able to go into stealth as fast. (DF flurry deplete your stealth? Well, the 2nd part of flurry will also grant it back :D )

Sneaky stabber might be in 3rd tier feat, not 2nd... but if not, hey, that would help all other TRs too if they would take 2 feats in sab.

PS: + it would make TRs fight instead of running and hiding. If you deal dmg out of stealth you would be rewarded, If you deal dmg IN stealth, you drain it by that 5/10%, If you troll in pvp and run to restore stealth, it`ll take longer time than fighting.

PS2: FIX THE STATS, now i don`t want to take any point in dex, while it`s main TR stat and that crazy! (good suggestions in other posts in this topic. I like the one with +% movement)

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Here an example of pve set up.
    heroic encounter, tower of auril

6rFFbxf.png

Prospector:

q1VKMh6.png

it took about 14 min

i would have liked to use blitz and duelist more but this is the only way to solo the heroic encounter without dying... so forgive me XD

14mins not too shabby there, rayr. Me, I've filmed one of the easier ones, the corrupted wolves thing. It took me around 9 mins I think -- Smoke Bomb really made a difference.

I think our "selling point" in PvE can be AoE damage assistance + harassment + "tanking".. sorta 'garbage man' to take out the trash mobs or keep them occupied when a lot of them are around.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Feedback
    DEX attribute is archaic. TR don't need more crit chance, because they have 100% critic in stealth and also because from all stats this critic chance is the least reliable. Damage % increased should be on dexterity. HR and CW has dmg % improved on their main attribute.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Feedback
    DEX attribute is archaic. TR don't need more crit chance, because they have 100% critic in stealth and also because from all stats this critic chance is the least reliable. Damage % increased should be on dexterity. HR and CW has dmg % improved on their main attribute.

I'm not exactly against it, but I'm kinda wondering why this needs to go forth.

Because, as it is, this actually makes it easier to manage/build stats for a TR since now, he can probably dump the INT and DEX stats, have it around maybe 17~20 with natural increase, and then move all his stats to CON and CHA -- since most of the damage factor is provided to you with the auto-crit from stealth, and you have the leisure of putting more stat points to CON for HP and CHA for deflect.

Previously, you'd have had to spread it all around CON, CHA, DEX, or just give up deflection and go for CON/DEX... or in many cases, give up even dex and go CON/INT for PvP purposes.

Now, with the "old perma" type of playing being less important, all TRs can have more HP and deflect without a big loss to his damage.

Do we really need the DEX?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    no...we dont need dex...we need lower cooldowns.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Secondary ability score have less benefits, other class have armor penetration and damage bonus in CON which makes them durable and able to dish more damage. CW have damage bonus and Recharge Speed in INT which is a deadly combination in one ability score (see how unfair?) Plus CHA gives them crit and combat advatage (OP huh? WhyTR dont have Action Point gain or Armor Pen in INT or CON? They need to realign our Ability Scores
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    I'm not exactly against it, but I'm kinda wondering why this needs to go forth.

Because, as it is, this actually makes it easier to manage/build stats for a TR since now, he can probably dump the INT and DEX stats, have it around maybe 17~20 with natural increase, and then move all his stats to CON and CHA -- since most of the damage factor is provided to you with the auto-crit from stealth, and you have the leisure of putting more stat points to CON for HP and CHA for deflect.

Previously, you'd have had to spread it all around CON, CHA, DEX, or just give up deflection and go for CON/DEX... or in many cases, give up even dex and go CON/INT for PvP purposes.

Now, with the "old perma" type of playing being less important, all TRs can have more HP and deflect without a big loss to his damage.

Do we really need the DEX?

Look for TR rolling stats that dex is very low is very hard. So we will still have more dex than we want to. That is why it's better when it gives us something that is helpful.
This discussion has been closed.