What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Trickster Rogue Changes

Comments

• Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 2195 (10974) Physical Damage to you with Duelist's Flurry Bleed.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 3940 (10974) Physical Damage to you with Duelist's Flurry Bleed.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 3940 (10974) Physical Damage to you with Duelist's Flurry Bleed.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 2302 (10974) Physical Damage to you with Duelist's Flurry Bleed.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 2793 (10974) Physical Damage to you with Duelist's Flurry Bleed.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 610 (4049) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 1591 (5837) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 1168 (9634) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 2834 (9890) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 1116 (10854) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 2949 (10267) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 4551 (9781) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 1614 (9447) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 4612 (9906) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 4720 (9715) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.

[Combat (Self)] **** deals 930 (3181) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity.
    [Combat (Self)] **** deals 1217 (3426) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity.
    [Combat (Self)] **** deals 1199 (3377) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity.
    [Combat (Self)] **** deals 1217 (3426) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity.
    [Combat (Self)] **** deals 2054 (3652) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity.
    [Combat (Self)] **** deals 1908 (3392) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity.
    [Combat (Self)] **** deals 1958 (3481) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity.

Bloodbath does 120k+ premitigated damage combined with Shadowy Opportunity.The only classes that could barely survive this are GF and DC with Astral Shield.

SUGGESTION:
    Reduce the base damage of Bloodbath & DF bleed.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ralexinor wrote: »
    No, it does 10k base per crit because of crit severity and damage buffs from the saboteur path.

i meant default base damage.....aka without all the buffs.

swapped to sab just to test how ridiculous it is:
    stealthed bloodbath = 40,606 damage
    shadowy opportunity = 19,012

yeah that's beyond ridic.....especially since i don't use vorpal and i am still in defensive gear
  • Options
    hadukhanhadukhan Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i meant default base damage.....aka without all the buffs.

swapped to sab just to test how ridiculous it is:
    stealthed bloodbath = 40,606 damage
    shadowy opportunity = 19,012

yeah that's beyond ridic.....especially since i don't use vorpal and i am still in defensive gear

is this post mitigated?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    hadukhan wrote: »
    is this post mitigated?

no just on a target dummy. 59.6k is my max damage as a sab in a defensive set

ironically, i can hit harder with bloodbath as a scoundrel if i spec for it
    stealthed bloodbath = 44,991 damage

that piercing damage lets them win, but still not bad
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    try using dodge, works a treat vs bloodbath

or whatever SHIFT ability you have

tell that to warlocks and gwfs
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Only a nub fires off BB that can be dodged. Those who know how to play inflict a daze just before activation. In case of Scoundrels, just activating it in stealth automatically inflicts a daze at the start of the attack.

I agree that BB needs to be nerfed. For a Daily, it's just too powerful. Especially when you combine it with the DC Artifact, any 1vs1 duel is a joke. The guy who has the artifact simply wins.

Especially when the TR has been greatly strengthened in preview, honestly now I don't need any overpowering stupidly strong powers to defeat HRs or GWFs, even BiS level players. I'd rather see the functionality of BB changed.. like, damage nerfed down to modest levels, but functionality made compact and efficient.. requires only 50% AP, stabs only 5 times for modest damage, but leaving the target stunned for a short while after power ends... I dunno, just an example...

Or, this has always been my great wish... TRs should get one of the game's most special and rare debuff powers. I'd like Bloodbath to be that -- requires 100% AP, stabs 10 times for modest damage, but when power finishes, inflicts "Bloodied" debuff on the target, reducing its healing efficiency which reduces all heals from all sources by 50% for 10 seconds.

... Bottom line: speaking as a TR, at least I truthfully admit Bloodbath damage is just too high. I don't think it can be justified.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    after more fine-tuning, i can see that i can even deal 60k raw damage as a scoundrel with bloodbath but it's not actually the daily hitting too hard. it just synergizes too well with all of our buffs (100% crit, 15% severity - exe tier 1, 25% damage buff when dazed - sco tier 4, 25% damage after using an encounter - sco tier 5, 5% damage after hitting target - exe tier 2, 25% damage during stealth - sab tier 4, 75% weapon damage which also criticals hiddenly - sab tier 4)

add in the fact that 30-40% combat advantage isn't hard to get and you have lots of procs pushing it to extroadinary levels. the same thing happened to shocking execution so we need to really think about how to deal with this (aka not nerf the daily).

granted, with the new shocking execution it should be easy to deal 40k damage with it at the very least. well it's dodgeable now but i bet people will still complain about it.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Still waiting for cw saying synergy between chilling presence eots and ice knife being too strong.
    And again vira those things you link always happens near a DC! Your new broken feats affect the whole party/faction performances
    Bloodbath is hitting hard but rather than nerfnits base damage which is low it probably should proc shadowy opportunity once... and then people will play executioner xD

consideration on last changes: finally shocking is worth something and is a reliable source of damage, the double daily will help pve while not breaking balance in pvp.
    30% life is about 12k...1 shocking should already crit from 12k.

1% deflect is dex is beautiful, stacking dex and cha will offer good resistence without developing broken things via feats.

now this will only happen when people will no longer be forced to stack int/recovery so i would at least propose to reduce cooldowns on: lashing blade, shadow strike, itc and fix impact shot charges to work with recovery. now recharge time is flat 9 sec.
    smoke bomb cd is very long too but it s now a very powerfull tool so it's ok like this.
    After this i think the work is done
  • Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Unless the TR is so majorly stupid, otherwise they would daze you before using BB just like how CW would CC you before using Ice Knife.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Still waiting for cw saying synergy between chilling presence eots and ice knife being too strong.

Since you asked, I'll give you an honest opinion.

- CP/EotS means no Storm Spell. This is a HUGE hit for a CW. I won't use this class feat combo. However, if a CW does...
    ... they have to get almost full chill stacks on target, wait for EotS proc, have daily ready, CC and IK

Does anybody see something wrong here?

If not, lemme tell you what's wrong. Too many variables for one very risky big chunk of damage.

How much damage?

From my testing, it is 60-120K before mitigation. On a DC for example I hit a 20K even though my IK was 100K.

On a TR a CW will NEVER EVER get this combo going. EVER.

Conclusion:

It's a bad setup nobody will use in PvP. There are better class feats for a CW. We do not have the luxury to set up perfect shots that take at least 15 secs or so.
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Enough of this nonsense nerf Disheartening nerf Blood Bath blah blah just because its not good for your main CW and HR. You should instead post here to put cooldowns on HR TAB to avoid that 6 encounter combo, longer cooldowns for CW nerf Ice Knife and reduce cc duration and damage bonus from cc. Like what I always say this thread is full of "hypocrites" CW,SW and HR mains playing a lollygagging TR for equality sake let rogues get what is rightfully theirs.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Don't know if it's just me or the DF hit-hit-jump combo is much harder to perform now. I don't like the faster animation lol.

Oh and
    Bug: Knife's Edge
    This feat doesn't reduce CDs on abilities that have charges (e.g. Impact Shot, Wicked Reminder).
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's just me or the DF hit-hit-jump combo is much harder to perform now. I don't like the faster animation lol.

Oh and
    Bug: Knife's Edge
    This feat doesn't reduce CDs on abilities that have charges (e.g. Impact Shot, Wicked Reminder).

you can still perform the jump DF but you need to be fast and the jump is shorter but overall dps is better than the slow DF
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just to echo what some others have said, when we find things working "too well" in specific situations we should post to document this information. One can't concern yourself with what other classes do or don't do regarding their own bugs/excess synergy/etc but only with the class you are trying to improve and balance. If fairness and game balance doesn't appeal to you then imagine exactly what class and build all those PvP FotM swappers will be playing. Also remember that the devs can code differences in powers/effects for PvP and PvE when a power effect is OP in PvP and not in PvE.
  • Options
    lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bug: One with The Shadows

OwtS still does not always refill the stealth bar. This seems to occur more frequently since the last patch. Is it just a coincidence that changes were applied to stealth calculations in the last patch?

Whatever the reason OwtS needs to work reliably

Additionally, there is still a lack of consistency in whether stealth is broken before the refill or not. I suspect it is due to the nature of the powers themselves: whether they do damage at the beginning of the action or after some other event. The 'simple' damage dealing powers do not break stealth (Lashing Blade, Blitz) whereas the powers that have more than one effect or action do (Deft Strike).

To reiterate, not breaking stealth loses an opportunity to benefit from Shady Preparations, but is advantageous that stealth is, of course, unbroken.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Bug: Bait and Switch

The Bait and Switch dummy doesn't generate enough aggro to keep enemies occupied, even when I am in stealth mobs follow me and ignore the dummy.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

This feat seems impossible to gain any real benefit from.

The conditions needing to be met to be useful are:
    Out of stealth
    Behind an enemy
    Having an encounter to deal damage with
    One with the Shadows not being up anyway.
    and in practice this just isn't happening

Suggestion: I appreciate that making it trigger from any source of damage may be too strong (has it been tested internally though?), could the trigger simply be from Encounter damage when you have Combat Advantage instead?
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but have the latest changes announced on Nov. 11th actually been applied to preview?
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bug
    Bloodbath sometimes don't activate. I make only movement as if i would start attacking with it and nothing happens, daily wastes. It has to be fixed.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Suggestion: I appreciate that making it trigger from any source of damage may be too strong (has it been tested internally though?), could the trigger simply be from Encounter damage when you have Combat Advantage instead?

It is actually a good suggestion to make it work off any damage, because even given that, I don't think it's possible to hit your opponent in the back in PvP while out of stealth. But in PvE standing behind a target could give you unlimited stealth using Duelist's Flurry.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    It is actually a good suggestion to make it work off any damage, because even given that, I don't think it's possible to hit your opponent in the back in PvP while out of stealth. But in PvE standing behind a target could give you unlimited stealth using Duelist's Flurry.

I admit I'd love to test that version (hence the 'may be') and see how it plays out, but I don't think we have the time or capacity at this stage and would recommend playing it safe.

TBH even with using CA it stills needs something spammable like WR to be effective (or maybe an interaction with smoke bomb or PotB). I think I hesitated from the any source precisely because DF would refill stealth every flurry.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    rgladiato wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but have the latest changes announced on Nov. 11th actually been applied to preview?

No. Changes have typically rolled into preview on a Friday. Hopefully we'll see them earlier this week but I wouldn't bet on it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Bug
    Bloodbath sometimes don't activate. I make only movement as if i would start attacking with it and nothing happens, daily wastes. It has to be fixed.

Because it doesn't require a target to activate you can lose it due to range issues or targets moving/turning away. To fix it would require it having a target in range (like a lot of powers).

What would be the downside to that? The immunity being usable without a visible/not facing a viable target?
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Also remember that the devs can code differences in powers/effects for PvP and PvE when a power effect is OP in PvP and not in PvE.

Why split code when they should split the trees... one PvE & one PvP... this way when they find something over/under-powered they can tweak it WITHOUT disrupting the other environment's power/feat?

Since PvE & PvP are two completely different modes where the same power/feat in one can be OP or utterly useless in the another... split trees would also allow adding powers/feats that are exclusive to either PvE/PvP to build better synergy to the paths.

On a personal note:

right now it would seem Executioner path is almost useless as I'm almost never in Stealth during an entire fight sequence... add to that my Stealth doesn't seem to replenish during fights either even with Tenacious Concealment... I take it I'm losing 15% stealth on EVERY At-Will?

My Stealth lasts about 2-3 seconds, so basically it's hit Stealth & instant Lashing Blade [not to risk losing Stealth for the attack] then Stealth bar takes forever to creep up and usually never fills, so when Lashing Blade comes off cooldown and is needed, it's Shadow Strike to fill the bar and another one-shot Stealth/Lashing Blade.
    I'm out Stealth 90+% of a fight sequence... those 1-2 extra Dodges per full Stamina bar seem to come in really handy now.

With this in mind... maybe Executioner path feats could be changed to "when NOT in Stealth" to receive the bonuses as the feats would seem more useful and help make up for any damage lost to their current state?

Maybe by making feats that receive bonuses "when NOT in Stealth" would help achieve taking Rogues out of Stealth instead of forcing them into it?

I play a non-Perma rogue and for Mod 5 seriously have to think about building a Perma-Stealth Rogue now as it seems it might easier to build one than before the changes to "kill" Perma-Stealth.

EDIT: Upon re-rereading the Original Agenda post at the beginning this thread... Executioner would seem to be working as intended but still seems counter-productive to have feats that are useless 90% of time especially with non-refilling Stealth bar.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    barzahbarzah Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Make Dagger threat range 40ft at rank 3 pls sir.

Also return of shadow current mechanic are less rewarding compared to Gutter-born. Just turn it to regeneration mechanic like shadow of demise.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As with any other preview feedback threads, please restrict your posting to actual feedback concerning your personal experiences with the preview content. Do not bicker over another player's opinion or insult another player. If you haven't actually tested the changes and have no useful information to offer to the devs, keep it off this thread. Thank you.

FYI: Posting in cyan text alone doesn't make it valid feedback. Mods and devs do read the content of your post as well.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    shadowbunsliceshadowbunslice Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    bvira wrote: »
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 2195 (10974) Physical Damage to you with Duelist's Flurry Bleed.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 2302 (10974) Physical Damage to you with Duelist's Flurry Bleed.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 2793 (10974) Physical Damage to you with Duelist's Flurry Bleed.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 610 (4049) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 1591 (5837) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 1168 (9634) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 2834 (9890) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 1116 (10854) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 2949 (10267) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 4551 (9781) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 1614 (9447) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 4612 (9906) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! **** deals 4720 (9715) Physical Damage to you with Bloodbath.

[Combat (Self)] **** deals 930 (3181) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity.
    [Combat (Self)] **** deals 1199 (3377) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity.
    [Combat (Self)] **** deals 2054 (3652) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity.
    [Combat (Self)] **** deals 1908 (3392) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity.
    [Combat (Self)] **** deals 1958 (3481) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity.

Bloodbath does 120k+ premitigated damage combined with Shadowy Opportunity.The only classes that could barely survive this are GF and DC with Astral Shield.

SUGGESTION:
    Reduce the base damage of Bloodbath & DF bleed.

Df is just as hard if not harder to land in PVP than it was before, with activation time vs stealth depletion canceling each other out and overall a rogue using DF now will be exposed to significantly more danger. Also DF bleed damage is EXTREMELY variable, especially now. I have had DF bleeds tick for as low as 250 dmg, and as high as 17k with self debuffs.
    Thats 17k under perfect conditions that will never come to pass in PVP, much less even get close.

100k premitigated damage isn't an especially impressive figure. All the forms of mitigation, tenacity, deflection, self- healing, etc can reduce damage by 90% or more. Also I would question your test bed for 120k damage. Under what conditions? looks like there may be some debuffs and PVE buffs going on to me, since 120k would be FAR beyond the realm of what a rogue can realistically do in almost any PVP situation with bloodbath.

IMHO DF is fine in PVP, BB needs to have shadowy opportunity proc only once, and SE needs to do no more than 30% of it's damage as unmitigated. I'm going to actually wait to test SE extensively before giving feed back on it, but in theory SE + shadow of demise would be too strong vs classes without a dodge mechanic as their defense is entirely based on mitigation and SOD damage is based upon the attack that procs it.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Because it doesn't require a target to activate you can lose it due to range issues or targets moving/turning away. To fix it would require it having a target in range (like a lot of powers).

What would be the downside to that? The immunity being usable without a visible/not facing a viable target?

If you use bloodbath without a target you will not have immunity, you will only spaz out a bit and laugh

I feel this is our last change to polish out all the issues with our class.

Please add immunity frames to bait and switch as we roll away while placing bait dummy. Too many times than not I get smashed while trying to place the bait dummy out in pve and pvp. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    df is so hard to land right now i wont even slot it probably.
    on decent tr,hr,cw,dc,sw there exactly 0 chance to land
    its a simple fact that one dodge covers more ground then all 3 jumps
    so every dodge in any direction any time cancels df
    plus third strike dont even stick for some reason any more
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014

This feat seems impossible to gain any real benefit from.

The conditions needing to be met to be useful are:
    Out of stealth
    Behind an enemy
    Having an encounter to deal damage with
    One with the Shadows not being up anyway.
    and in practice this just isn't happening

It happens. Easily. If you wish, I can show you how with maybe a few example videos.

It isn't all that difficult, but you do need some amount of planning based on anticipation of mob action, and plenty of movement/mobility on your part to make it happen.

Also, RtS gains maximum synergy with the use of artifact off-hand power augment on Tenacious Concealment. Without it, the 50% stealth meter you've gained might be just chipped away by mob attack and become useless. IMO, the very first task of any TR player when mod5 happens, is to get the artifact off-hand ASAP. The 10% additional stealth meter protection, is a God send for both PvP and PvE TRs. You need to get it.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
This discussion has been closed.