test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Believe me, it's worth it. Plus the new DC should be a breeze to level now.
    Yep... 100% worth it. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    jakefearjakefear Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey there OP. this is a bit off topic but just wondering the picture still in mmo where you are wearing the draconic transmute. is the pact blade from bear tribe?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    jakefear wrote: »
    Hey there OP. this is a bit off topic but just wondering the picture still in mmo where you are wearing the draconic transmute. is the pact blade from bear tribe?
    I think so ya... Been a while since that pic was taken though!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    hi there again! =)
    one more small and quick question: have you tried terror enchant? with all that crit severity floating around another 50 from vorp seems not that impressive until you're sitting somewhere near 50% of crit chance. as i read in the preview forum terror now procs CD. any thoughts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    veshorok wrote: »
    hi there again! =)
    one more small and quick question: have you tried terror enchant? with all that crit severity floating around another 50 from vorp seems not that impressive until you're sitting somewhere near 50% of crit chance. as i read in the preview forum terror now procs CD. any thoughts?
    Terror does increase Necrotic damage, however Vorpal increases it by more with my 40% Crit Chance all my Necrotic Damage that crits ticks for more damage over time via
    Vorpal is still the end all be all for anyone with about 35% crit or higher. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    equilizer4equilizer4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of your updated gears now that the new mod is out?
  • Options
    kappernakisskappernakiss Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Love this guide Very much!! I have read through it many times (and im sorry if i missed this), but is there certain stat priorities, such as caps on crit/power/ect that I need to make sure to attempt for? I could seem to find this informations. Also other thant he armor/weapon enchantments, what are your preferred item enchantments?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    equilizer4 wrote: »
    would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of your updated gears now that the new mod is out?
    Sure!

Daigotsu-11-28-14_zpsc23d7178.png

Love this guide Very much!! I have read through it many times (and im sorry if i missed this), but is there certain stat priorities, such as caps on crit/power/ect that I need to make sure to attempt for? I could seem to find this informations. Also other thant he armor/weapon enchantments, what are your preferred item enchantments?
    Glad to be of service!

Armpen is 24%, in the above picture you can see mine is at 2026, and I have 14 Intelligence, that gives me 24.3% Armpen.
    Critical Strike's soft cap is 3k-3300-ish, and I'm right around that with 3064.
    Power has no soft/hard cap and that's why it is so awesome... lol

So once you get a balance you like, just pump Power! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wouldn't it be better to take in consideration the 1% from the campfire bonus, Kolat?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    leandreav1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be better to take in consideration the 1% from the campfire bonus, Kolat?
    In theory? Yea... But I honestly forget about that all the time. Just building it to be completely self sufficient. Just a thing I have... lol I could also factor in potions of Heroism, but again I don't want to be bothered with it.

That's just me, feel free to 100% Min/Max! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    equilizer4equilizer4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    if i can only get a cloak/belt to blue/purple is it still worth it to use the artifact items? im currently using an ancient slavemaster belt with a rank 7 azure, and a grand excorcist with a rank 7 dark. i cant decide if the added CON from the belt would make it worth losing a rank 7 enchant. Also right now i need whichever gives the better gearscore as im sitting at 14.7k.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    equilizer4 wrote: »
    if i can only get a cloak/belt to blue/purple is it still worth it to use the artifact items? im currently using an ancient slavemaster belt with a rank 7 azure, and a grand excorcist with a rank 7 dark. i cant decide if the added CON from the belt would make it worth losing a rank 7 enchant. Also right now i need whichever gives the better gearscore as im sitting at 14.7k.
    I think it is worth it, yes.... +3 to a stat via the Belt? Yes please! +6 to AC from the Cloak? Yes please!

PS - You're not losing the Rank 7, just unslot it and apply it to the new item... ;)

If you are referring to Offensive slot versus Defensive slot, or vice versa, I think it's still worth it, yes!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    norcaine1990norcaine1990 Member Posts: 93
    edited December 2014
    First I'd like to thank you for the reply for my last post.

On your latest screenie I've noticed that you've dropped Thayan Book of the Dead for Heart of the Blue Dragon. I was wondering what's your reasoning on this as on the main page you've said you wanted to maximize AP gain and that swap is counter productive to your previous statement :D I'd love to hear your reasoning on this matter.
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    dont worry tooo much about GS, but more HP is really teh best way to go with warlock.

If you are massive DPS in PVE you will have all the aggro all the time, even a GF will find it hard to pry those Scorpions off you when you bust out TT. Having 35k + HP is **** near a Must for us in PVE.

In PvP you will have a sore butt often if you are under 38k HP, in pvp HP is the first most viable line of defense.
  • Options
    leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think it is worth it, yes.... +3 to a stat via the Belt? Yes please! +6 to AC from the Cloak? Yes please!

PS - You're not losing the Rank 7, just unslot it and apply it to the new item... ;)

If you are referring to Offensive slot versus Defensive slot, or vice versa, I think it's still worth it, yes!

Both the belt and the cloak only unlock the offensive/defensive slot once legendary. Until then only the utility slot is open. Considering the nerf and increased prices for stones reaching legendary on more thn one item is not something achieved casually. I picked the belt since it adds HP and damage, but considering costs I'm not grabbing the cloak as it would cost me a slot.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    First I'd like to thank you for the reply for my last post.
    You're welcome!
    On your latest screenie I've noticed that you've dropped Thayan Book of the Dead for Heart of the Blue Dragon. I was wondering what's your reasoning on this as on the main page you've said you wanted to maximize AP gain and that swap is counter productive to your previous statement :D I'd love to hear your reasoning on this matter.
    I switched to the Heart of the Blue Dragon as it doesn't have Armor Pen. The new rings have 250 Power/ArmPen and that put me WAY over the target of 24% for PvE so I searched for an artifact to test out replacing for the Thayan Book of the Dead as the Sigil of the Devoted is going nowhere... :)

The Heart of the Blue Dragon has Crit/Recovery/CBA, so testing out that instead of the other one. Thus far it's been pretty good, particularly when I've slotted Flames of Empowerment as I am quite a bit more strategic with Tyrannical Threat now instead of endless spamming it.

animalust wrote: »
    dont worry tooo much about GS
    100% correct.
    but more HP is really teh best way to go with warlock.
    More HPs is good, keeps you alive to do more damage!
    If you are massive DPS in PVE you will have all the aggro all the time, even a GF will find it hard to pry those Scorpions off you when you bust out TT.
    True, hence why you practice your movement with Shadow Slip and make sure you are constantly moving with Dreadtheft, etc. :)
    Having 35k + HP is **** near a Must for us in PVE.
    Nah... I sit at 30k, and I'm just fine, but then again the Cloak of Lathander helps a bit with +8 AC... lol
    In PvP you will have a sore butt often if you are under 38k HP, in pvp HP is the first most viable line of defense.
    This is definitely true... HP in PvP is a must.

leandreav1 wrote: »
    Both the belt and the cloak only unlock the offensive/defensive slot once legendary. Until then only the utility slot is open. Considering the nerf and increased prices for stones reaching legendary on more thn one item is not something achieved casually. I picked the belt since it adds HP and damage, but considering costs I'm not grabbing the cloak as it would cost me a slot.
    Understandable... Do what's best for you, that's the important thing bud!

Keep on rocking people!!!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi my Warlock is currently only level 55, but my build is quite the same as yours in feats etc. He is only level 55 due to have been busy with boon grinding with my other max level charcters.

Anyway I am free hardcore player and I have no problem getting gear etc. for my Warlock.
    That said I have one annoying problem. For the last 25 levels I have never ever seen my Soul Puppet.

The Soul Puppet class ability states that some Encounter powers summon it automatically. My question is HOW TO SUMMON a Soul Puppet?

I have not seen my soul puppet the last 25 levels or so and I am level 55 now. I am starting to get worried.

Currently I use Encounter powers: Harrowstorm, Wraiths Shadow and Dreadtheft.

At wills Hellish Spriral and Dark Spiral Charge.
    Dayly power usually I use: Flames of Phelegetos.
  • Options
    jadebmthjadebmth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Hi my Warlock is currently only level 55, but my build is quite the same as yours in feats etc. He is only level 55 due to have been busy with boon grinding with my other max level charcters.

Anyway I am free hardcore player and I have no problem getting gear etc. for my Warlock.
    That said I have one annoying problem. For the last 25 levels I have never ever seen my Soul Puppet.

The Soul Puppet class ability states that some Encounter powers summon it automatically. My question is HOW TO SUMMON a Soul Puppet?

I have not seen my soul puppet the last 25 levels or so and I am level 55 now. I am starting to get worried.

Currently I use Encounter powers: Harrowstorm, Wraiths Shadow and Dreadtheft.

At wills Hellish Spriral and Dark Spiral Charge.
    Dayly power usually I use: Flames of Phelegetos.

You automatically summon a soul puppet everytime you kill a target using killing flames.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    On my cell but to respond quickly...

The Encounter Power called Killing Flames summons one if you kill a bad guy with it. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kevinevolutionkevinevolution Member Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Hey kolat i'm new to NW and i've been trying to find the perfect DPS character and the SW seems to fit the bill for me. I've following your guide and it has been working great. Been top paingiver for most dugeons till lvl 60. One question i would like to ask is that if you would post an update after Mod 5 if it doesn't hurt cause i don't to make a mistake and get wrecked. Thanks anyway for this awesome build
  • Options
    didoz01didoz01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey there, I first have to say I love your build it's just almost the same that I currently use !
    But there's a couple of questions from a quite newbie SW, since I just dinged lvl 60 and have no freaking idea of what should I do, I mean this is no WoW and it's my first character..
    Well lets talk about abilities scores first.. WTF??!! How the heck did you fill into 28 Const ?! I remember (may be I remember wrong after getting a headache for spending at least 15 mins in order to get the best combination) starting with +2 Const, Cha and the highest roll I got was 18 Const. Now considering lets say putting 1pointx6 into Const gets you a tottal of 24 Const. I feel like I 'm missing somethin'.. :confused:
    Now the dailies abilities.. Everything was quite straight forward while in the early/midgame where I was using Tyrannical Threat/Flames of Phlegethos BUT how about Gates of Hell ? My only concern about this one is that, at times where my screen is loaded with mobs (I have a rather crappy videocard) I lag and there's a chance I won't choose the best area of effect in order for the ability to work and result in no damage at all :mad:
    What's your opinion?
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

The Encounter Power called Killing Flames summons one if you kill a bad guy with it. :)
    Correct answer thanks. Wonderful read this before I was max level with my Warlock so can max Killing Flames power then. Yes Killing Flames works it summons the soul puppet if you kill with that encounter power.
  • Options
    darthwwwdarthwww Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Do you use it for PVP? i dont know if i should pick profound armor. is Accursed Armor helpful to be used in everywhere?
  • Options
    duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    didoz01 wrote: »
    Hey there, I first have to say I love your build it's just almost the same that I currently use !
    But there's a couple of questions from a quite newbie SW, since I just dinged lvl 60 and have no freaking idea of what should I do, I mean this is no WoW and it's my first character..
    Well lets talk about abilities scores first.. WTF??!! How the heck did you fill into 28 Const ?! I remember (may be I remember wrong after getting a headache for spending at least 15 mins in order to get the best combination) starting with +2 Const, Cha and the highest roll I got was 18 Const. Now considering lets say putting 1pointx6 into Const gets you a tottal of 24 Const. I feel like I 'm missing somethin'.. :confused:
    Now the dailies abilities.. Everything was quite straight forward while in the early/midgame where I was using Tyrannical Threat/Flames of Phlegethos BUT how about Gates of Hell ? My only concern about this one is that, at times where my screen is loaded with mobs (I have a rather crappy videocard) I lag and there's a chance I won't choose the best area of effect in order for the ability to work and result in no damage at all :mad:
    What's your opinion?

He's got a legendary Plated Belt of Constitution that adds +4 to his constitution score, that's what's got you confused.

IMO Gates of Hell is flashier then it is effective. Aiming it is not the problem so much as the delay before it actually fires giving mobs plenty of time to wander off, get thrown across the room by unhelpful team mates or die of old age :P
    Tyrannical is pretty unbeatable in most AOE situations. I use Tyrannical/Brood of Hadar + Flames of Empowerment as a passive feature to boost my base damage at full AP.
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hey kolat i'm new to NW and i've been trying to find the perfect DPS character and the SW seems to fit the bill for me. I've following your guide and it has been working great. Been top paingiver for most dugeons till lvl 60. One question i would like to ask is that if you would post an update after Mod 5 if it doesn't hurt cause i don't to make a mistake and get wrecked. Thanks anyway for this awesome build
    Glad the build has been working for you, and over Xmas break I'll look into updating it... Happy to help!

You're most welcome, and I'll do my best to answer!
    Well lets talk about abilities scores first.. WTF??!! How the heck did you fill into 28 Const ?!
    <meme removed>
    I remember (may be I remember wrong after getting a headache for spending at least 15 mins in order to get the best combination) starting with +2 Const, Cha and the highest roll I got was 18 Const. Now considering lets say putting 1pointx6 into Const gets you a tottal of 24 Const. I feel like I 'm missing somethin'..
    But seriously... duhbreothadh has the correct answer, it's +4 from the Plated Belt of Constitution, which I highly recommend!

What's your opinion?
    I'd stay away from Gates of Hell honestly. While, as some others have said, it looks cool... It's honestly just meh. I currently run Tyrannical Threat for AoE add killing, and Brood of Hadar for 'single' target (Necrotic damage yo!) for bosses.

elewyndyl wrote: »
    Correct answer thanks. Wonderful read this before I was max level with my Warlock so can max Killing Flames power then. Yes Killing Flames works it summons the soul puppet if you kill with that encounter power.
    Yea, it's a superb power, I heart it! :cool:

darthwww wrote: »
    Do you use it for PVP? i dont know if i should pick profound armor. is Accursed Armor helpful to be used in everywhere?
    For PvP I mostly use the Purified Black Ice armor set, as it adds a ton of survivbility. If I am with an awesome healing DC I sometimes rock Corrupt Black Ice for more offensive punch, but that's just an experiment I am currently testing out.

All good stuff!
    I agree with duhreaothadh in everything he said here!

And finally as a Warlock please embrace the fine words stated below by your friend and mine... SPIDER-MAN!!!

<meme removed>
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    darn..you're one of the best meme posters over here =)
    love to read your answers!

just a short question: what's your power rotation during cleric and head phases in ToT?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    korpakukac1korpakukac1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I'd stay away from Gates of Hell honestly. While, as some others have said, it looks cool... It's honestly just meh. I currently run Tyrannical Threat for AoE add killing, and Brood of Hadar for 'single' target (Necrotic damage yo!) for bosses.

I used TT for groups and bosses with a lot of adds and Flames of P. for single targets. Is Brood of Hadar better than Flames of P for single targets?

I wish there was a damage meter mod built in this game to test things.

I cannot really figure out how to use Advanced Combat Tracker.

Fiery Bolt seems to be very unstable in damage.

I usually spam tab curse on the groups middle so I am sure to hit a cursed target aiming there maximizing FB's damage, but a lot of times even if I cast FB on a cursed target the game does not seem to recognize that the target had warlock's curse on and FB does the damage it's supposed to do on not cursed targets. Many times it does the same damage to the main and the secondary targets.
  • Options
    jadebmthjadebmth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi kolatmaster! First of all thanks for the guide. Really enjoying my warlock. :) Quick question, what artifact feature would you choose on artifact offhand? I've got the flames of empowerment which adds to 20% total more damage (including the feat) but I'm thinking if it's worth getting the no pity, no mercy. (5% less damage resistance on effect duration) I'm currently low on AD. Need advice before I try my luck on rolling it. Thanks again!

Edit: Have another question in mind, some people are considering fabled iliyanbruen set over accursed diabolist. Any thoughts about this?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    veshorok wrote: »
    just a short question: what's your power rotation during cleric and head phases in ToT?
    Its the same: Killing Flames, Dreadtheft, Warlock's Bargain

Hope that helps!

I used TT for groups and bosses with a lot of adds and Flames of P. for single targets. Is Brood of Hadar better than Flames of P for single targets?
    I use Brood of Hadar simply because it is Necrotic Damage, and although I have not ACT it out I personally believe it's better then Flames of Phelgethos. :)
    Fiery Bolt seems to be very unstable in damage.
    It's been really unstable for me also, and with the Murderous Flames feat making Killing Flames into a 'mini-AoE' of sorts, I find myself not really missing Fiery Bolt for my Fury build.

Hope that helps! :cool:

jadebmth wrote: »
    Hi kolatmaster! First of all thanks for the guide. Really enjoying my warlock. :)
    Glad you enjoy the class man, I flipping love it!
    Quick question, what artifact feature would you choose on artifact offhand? I've got the flames of empowerment which adds to 20% total more damage (including the feat) but I'm thinking if it's worth getting the no pity, no mercy. (5% less damage resistance on effect duration) I'm currently low on AD. Need advice before I try my luck on rolling it. Thanks again!
    I went with the No Pity, No Mercy for my Artifact Feature. The 5% Damage Resistance lowering works similar to Greater Plague Fire's ability when you are already over the ArmPen of the target, so it's a nice damage buff. The Flames of Empowerment one is simply meh...
    Edit: Have another question in mind, some people are considering fabled iliyanbruen set over accursed diabolist. Any thoughts about this?
    The Fablie Iliyanbruen armor set is my set of choice for most bosses/dragon fights, and I use Accursed Diabolist on adds/soloing mostly or on a boss with lots of adds.

Been doing that since early/mid October and I can say it is 100% the way to go. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    noktoriahnoktoriah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello,

I noticed that in your calc. link there are no points in Tyrannical Threat and Warlock's Bargain, even tho you suggested them in your build. Can you help me with this?