test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nevermind.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    leandreav1 wrote: »
    Nevermind.
    You have been 'Neverminded'!

*salutes* :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    pizza111pizza111 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey,
    Thanks for the guide it helped me a lot.
    Just one thing-
    In your feat calculator- you have scornful curse instead of devastating critical.
    I walked blindly and now I have to spend some cash on respecing ;P.
    I really thought the scornful curse did something else- I thought it increased the damage from the devouring effect of the curse (like fiery blast) or something like that...why else would you use it? XD
  • Options
    leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You have been 'Neverminded'!

*salutes* :cool:

Hehe, yeah, I was asking why not a ghost since (epic version) 10% damage was huge, then got informed it only affected the companion and not the player, so that was that.
  • Options
    realmdierealmdie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wow your build is cool :D

i got my SW too, but a bit different than yours and lack cash/money xD

Race Drow xD why? because racial have debuff -10% defense. but i thinking change to dragonborn if i got zen :D

http://nwcalc.com/sw?b=pa7:2xlvn:70u7,1xji02i:6zuzv:60000:60000&h=0&p=hlb

At-Wills -

Hand of Blight
    Dark Spiral Aura

Encounter Powers -

Killing Flames
    Dreadtheft
    Warlock's Bargain

Dailies -

Tryannical Threat
    Brood of Hadar

Passive Class Abilities -

No Pity, No Mercy
    Flames of Empowerment

boons are same as yours, but i still havent complete sharandar(still boons 2 xD) and TOD(still boons 3)

for companion i better not tell this(like i said i lack on money xD) but blink dog and intellect devourer are really important

10460778_10203129471773982_6527649122590838999_n.jpg?oh=a3747c0a5d4b9c54850abb5ebd2f771a&oe=54B3F7BF&__gda__=1424465321_3208e999c225cd161f31a675313e010b

my power just 9139, but in attack/healing stat i got 13100+ idk why :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    pizza111 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Thanks for the guide it helped me a lot.
    Just one thing-
    In your feat calculator- you have scornful curse instead of devastating critical.
    I walked blindly and now I have to spend some cash on respecing ;P.
    I really thought the scornful curse did something else- I thought it increased the damage from the devouring effect of the curse (like fiery blast) or something like that...why else would you use it? XD
    Yea Scornful isn't what it was on preview back in August, I updated the build in a later posting I believe. I'll go back and look... But the final Heroic Tier I do 3/3 Devastating Critical and 2/5 Blood Pact of Cania now. :)

leandreav1 wrote: »
    Hehe, yeah, I was asking why not a ghost since (epic version) 10% damage was huge, then got informed it only affected the companion and not the player, so that was that.
    No worries bud, it's all good! lol ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    In end game dungeons, are you always the top pain giver against HR/GWF/CWs?
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Of course! :)

Hi Kolatmaster, Just added your guide to mmominds.com hope you like it. If you want us to give you the credits in your website just let us know what is your Nickname in mmominds and we change the post to you. that way you can make changes to you own post :)
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vestige321 wrote: »
    In end game dungeons, are you always the top pain giver against HR/GWF/CWs?

Well I would say no he is not. LOL...but those times he was grouped with me. Otherwise I am sure he is the top paingiver almost all the time.

Seriously we both play tested together on preview and help each other out on live. We have the exact same armor sets, and builds, just a few differences in our jewerly, artifacts and a 1 companion.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Well I would say no he is not. LOL...but those times he was grouped with me. Otherwise I am sure he is the top paingiver almost all the time.

Seriously we both play tested together on preview and help each other out on live. We have the exact same armor sets, and builds, just a few differences in our jewerly, artifacts and a 1 companion.

Oh, both of you are SWs? Do you guys regularly beat CWs in damage done or it depends on the dungeons?
  • Options
    narzolnarzol Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As far as using killing flames goes, would it not be better to use all necro damg, only beings of how fury is set up? say use Wraiths shadow?
    or i may be wrong, i just was thinking that. i mean i see how killing does good dam, yet more dots, proc more dmg from fury.

thoughts?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    vestige321 wrote: »
    Oh, both of you are SWs? Do you guys regularly beat CWs in damage done or it depends on the dungeons?
    We are yes, and I know from my experience I have almost always been top dog on Paingiver no matter what class I am facing. However some dungeons are easier to do that then others... Newer content, without as many adds, the discrepancy is much greater then say CN. CN I am usually behind on the Dracolich then make up the difference.

narzol wrote: »
    As far as using killing flames goes, would it not be better to use all necro damg, only beings of how fury is set up? say use Wraiths shadow?
    or i may be wrong, i just was thinking that. i mean i see how killing does good dam, yet more dots, proc more dmg from fury.

thoughts?
    Killing Flames damage is so far superior than other options it is, in the Hellbringer Paragon Path, currently the best option for a third Encounter Power for Fury Scourge Warlocks. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hi Kolatmaster, Just added your guide to mmominds.com hope you like it. If you want us to give you the credits in your website just let us know what is your Nickname in mmominds and we change the post to you. that way you can make changes to you own post :)
    Sure thing! Thank you very much! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    How will the new changes (due in mod5) change your example build ?

tnx
    Well I am testing out Soulbinder a bit, and when Mod 5 goes live I'm going to spend a week or two as a Soulbinder to see how it translates into DPS. It's survivbility seems very nice with the correct use of Class Features. Now that Soul Scourge is Necrotic damage it is doing comparable damage to Killing Flames (over longer fights) and shines in boss fights, but is less useful clearing trash. At least that's how I see it...

Since we are still 2.5 weeks away from live Mod 5, I'm not going to post what I have until close to the date as I want to see what final changes/tweaks there is. However I will say I enjoy the Soulbinder thus far on preview/test... It's fun, and has enough differences between it and the Hellbringer that it keeps things interesting, at least for me! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Greetings all!

Hope you've been enjoying your Scourge Warlocks, building up to Mod 5, banking any RP that you, etc.

In summation my build is not changing, as Hellbringer is still more DPS then Soulbinder. Soulbrinder brings a great deal of survivability particularly with some of the Artifact Off-Hand passive boosts. However, Hellbringer is still pretty dang far ahead, so that's what I'll be sticking too. I'll put together a mini-Fury Soulbinder update/post in the coming weeks once live hits if anyone would like to see that... :)

Aside from that my plans for Hellbringer is to get an Artifact Necklace and the Off-Hand, not looking to do a full 'Artifact' Set at least not at the beginning as I think the Constitution belt is simply better for me overall or even a Dexterity belt is better then getting any of the +2/+2 Stat ones.

So that's just a quick update, feel free to ask some questions mi amigos... Keep rocking!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    morduumorduu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Do you think the +8 AC is worth one of the more defensive Artifact Necklaces, rather than going for the offensive stats and increased AP gain? I find that a little bit of extra tankiness may be of value.
  • Options
    equilizer4equilizer4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    is it absolutely necessary to get the hubris artifact weapon? i got the golden dragon's pride. i have 150k in funds atm. should i try again before they add the 2 new ones or is the one i have now fine?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    morduu wrote: »
    Do you think the +8 AC is worth one of the more defensive Artifact Necklaces, rather than going for the offensive stats and increased AP gain? I find that a little bit of extra tankiness may be of value.
    It honestly might be... I do like the Power/Recovery/Defense on the 'defensive' artifact necklaces, and the offensive ones have Power/Crit/Recovery. I am already on/past the soft cap on Crit Strike, so having Defense and the AC may be better over all. My AP generation is pretty high, not sure I really need the extra AP gain at this point, as the AC/Defense may pay more dividends. Particularly in PvP as opposed to PvE...

Gonna have to test/theory craft it out! :)

equilizer4 wrote: »
    is it absolutely necessary to get the hubris artifact weapon? i got the golden dragon's pride. i have 150k in funds atm. should i try again before they add the 2 new ones or is the one i have now fine?
    Necessary? Not at all... I just like the +416 Critical Strike it gives you over the HP, the Damage Debuff is better for survival though for Hand of Blight. I do use Hand of Blight a lot, though having the Dark Spiral bonus damage/generation is nice as it's almost like having an extra Encounter Power worth of Necrotic Damage.

Honestly, you'd be fine with either one. ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Greetings all!

Just wanted to chime in and say that I spent the day (aside from lagging/trying to sign back in after being DC'd...lol) grabbing up goodies from Mod 5... Most specifically a Cloak of Lathander and the Black Dragon Ioun Stone. :)

Cloak of Lathander provides: +8 AC, +458 Power, +298 Recovery, and +298 Defense

I went with this cloak as I was not sure if the Action Point gain from the other Cloaks would be good enough, as I am more strategic with Tyrannical Threat while using Flames of Empowerment and holding onto my daily more often then not. Thus I feel the stats on the Cloak of Lathander, and the survivbility it adds to my character are overall, more beneficial.

Black Dragon Ioun Stone provides: Hitpoints/Power/Crit Strike/ArmPen, also when under 50% Health you gain 10% higher Crit Chance, and it also has 3 Offensive Slots and 3 Ring Slots.

Whoever concocted this idea was smart enough to know 3 Ring Slots is silly good, particularly with the new Jewelry Crafting Rings and their additional slots. I like the active bonus less then the Ioun Stone of Might's 5% Stamina regeneration. However, the Ring slot is just better, the stats are good, and it looks flipping amazing! Like a little Dark Sun/Black Hole circling around your head.... Effing love it! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    darkprinz96darkprinz96 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi there. Firstly i want to thank you for this build. I was building my warlock from this guide before mod5 came. I take a break from game because of exam etc. and my warlock is about 30 now. I just want to ask is this build still viable on mod5 or will you change something in it ? Thanks for guide again :)

P.S: If you wont answer me in a day i will take it as it is viable and will do some damage :D
  • Options
    norcaine1990norcaine1990 Member Posts: 93
    edited November 2014
    Hello there kolat!.
    Great guide. I'm still using my busted SW from the beginning of mod 4 but once I can afford it, I thought of borrowing few ideas here and there from you. Keep up the good work!

Now to the buisness part:
    1) I feel like trash clearing is mostly CWs job so I went for Hellbringer arti weapon as I feel SW is mostly for melting bosses and buffed Helish Rebuke will provide steady stream of damage through the whole bossfight, especially if it crits.
    2) You say that you'll go for the Lathander set or that you just dropped one?. If the former then my question is - why not the Black Ice set?. It feels like it would be better, on paper at least. Hence I'd like to ask you what do you think about this set if I decided to pass on the Lathander set. Dexterity on Lathander bels is just... ugh *shrugs*
    3) Let's revolt and have devs change Black Dragon Ioun Stone active bonus since it indeed looks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> *.* but the bonus is really... non exsistant :/

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hi there. Firstly i want to thank you for this build. I was building my warlock from this guide before mod5 came. I take a break from game because of exam etc. and my warlock is about 30 now. I just want to ask is this build still viable on mod5 or will you change something in it ? Thanks for guide again
    Thanks!

Yes, most definitely viable for Mod 5... No major changes to post as yet, you'll do just fine following the guide! :)

P.S: If you wont answer me in a day i will take it as it is viable and will do some damage :D[/QUOTE]
    How about 2 days? lol

Hello there kolat!.
    Great guide. I'm still using my busted SW from the beginning of mod 4 but once I can afford it, I thought of borrowing few ideas here and there from you. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks, happy to be of service... :D
    Now to the buisness part:
    1) I feel like trash clearing is mostly CWs job so I went for Hellbringer arti weapon as I feel SW is mostly for melting bosses and buffed Helish Rebuke will provide steady stream of damage through the whole bossfight, especially if it crits.
    That's fine... Play as you see fit! All up to your play style.
    2) You say that you'll go for the Lathander set or that you just dropped one?. If the former then my question is - why not the Black Ice set?. It feels like it would be better, on paper at least. Hence I'd like to ask you what do you think about this set if I decided to pass on the Lathander set. Dexterity on Lathander bels is just... ugh *shrugs*
    No belt... Stay with Con or Cha belt! Stay away from the new belts/sets, not worth it IMO at this point.

I did the Lathandar necklace as the stats fit better for me, Recovery specifically, I don't need the ArmPen from it. The AP gain is solid, for sure, but the increased survivbility is always useful.
    3) Let's revolt and have devs change Black Dragon Ioun Stone active bonus since it indeed looks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> *.* but the bonus is really... non exsistant :/
    It may be 'non-existant' and I agree I am using it more for it's 3 Ring Slots, and the fact is is so flipping awesome looking! lol
    Cheers![/COLOR]
    Dang right! :cool:​
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kappernakisskappernakiss Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    how were you able to get this on your SW. it wants to give me a different artifact.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    how were you able to get this on your SW. it wants to give me a different artifact.
    How you ask? :cool:

DHTQS0QCHeYaveK92Zwm0LlWqiTP1b9JNqxIk3Of-NLgq_0iufNAs2DqErFcJIBgd1oCc1WO4IYSKQ_GhfGDUQgOSitlq1aczov1CqgpqeiUbCaYnOKMxny7wzU9GwAI_cYgSNtP9fwPvXVQDJhk6m--nVFVgQ=w237-h196-nc

Or you could level a DC to 60, and open Icwind Dale with him/her and do the Artifact Quest from Jarlaxle to open the Sigil of the Devoted for all your characters. :)

R-a5fS11qwFaiaPqqCf6iWqlLRYWBZALKqqr1ml_viijehPA8q9AyNip-om8igL9MifD24kMdNV5F7sCuCEiqn1P1W4zqTHEg0_SczOhfaCc-DNufa-gQycewETqj_wefgrvMG8QQxZnz5oj01E9ko6SVQvcriwb9-7k-IU1vPCi3gS4zA=w512-h512-nc
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kappernakisskappernakiss Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    **** didnt want to hear that. had a feeling it was going to be that i had to lvl a DC. ok well here i go lol Thanks for the reply :D
  • Options
    pizza111pizza111 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey kolatmaster, what do you think about black ice artifact set? (wait, cloak and artifact)
    I think that Cha/con belts are better then the ice one since we get more desirable stats, but im not sure about the complete ice set effect- 10% of weapon dmg.

What does that mean? My weapon dmg is 677-827, does that mean ill have a CHANSE to do 67-82 damage? that sounds a little useless and i might perfer getting the ice cloak with the con/cha belt.

I was thinking of the ice set because of the effect+the belt stats fitting better, but now the effect seem useless. Also the AP gain from the cloak.

Lathander's effect looks like pure gold though- combined with soulforged and your pretty much never dies.

What do you think?

Also- do you still perfer lightning enchantment to vorpal? again, 20% weapon damage is 134-164, vorpal will do a lot more damage. Currently I can crit 100K with killing flames on bosses without vorpal...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    **** didnt want to hear that. had a feeling it was going to be that i had to lvl a DC. ok well here i go lol Thanks for the reply :D
    Any time... I aim to entertain!

Thanks for being a good sport about the cheeky response! *high five* :D

Hey kolatmaster, what do you think about black ice artifact set? (wait, cloak and artifact)
    I think that Cha/con belts are better then the ice one since we get more desirable stats, but im not sure about the complete ice set effect- 10% of weapon dmg.
    It's Cha and Int, not Con. The 10% Weapon Damage seems middling at best...
    What does that mean? My weapon dmg is 677-827, does that mean ill have a CHANSE to do 67-82 damage? that sounds a little useless and i might perfer getting the ice cloak with the con/cha belt.
    I believe that would be correct yes...
    I was thinking of the ice set because of the effect+the belt stats fitting better, but now the effect seem useless. Also the AP gain from the cloak.
    AP Gain from the Cloak is propbably pretty good IMO. However, the Power/Recovery from the Lathander was more my style. Also the +8 AC is really hard to beat. A plus 4% to Damage Resistance? That is stupid good! :)
    Lathander's effect looks like pure gold though- combined with soulforged and your pretty much never dies.
    Not a bit fan of the Artifact Sets, I really like my Con Belt.
    What do you think?
    I'd stick with what I have going currently honestly...
    Also- do you still perfer lightning enchantment to vorpal? again, 20% weapon damage is 134-164, vorpal will do a lot more damage. Currently I can crit 100K with killing flames on bosses without vorpal...
    Vorpal is far superior, particularly now that more of the Necrotic Damage we do actually triggers Creeping Death. More Necotic Damage equals larger dots. Stick with Vorpal... ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Believe me, it's worth it. Plus the new DC should be a breeze to level now.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder