test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mrsax93 wrote: »
    Leeroy Jenkins is best wc or warlock to pve?
    Hey bud, not really understanding the question, could you clarify? Thanks! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    mrsax93mrsax93 Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2014
    i want create a new character, but i not know which choose between warlock or control wizard :(
    i want the best on pve that make more damage in all dungeons and also pvp :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    i want create a new character, but i not know which choose between warlock or control wizard :(
    i want the best on pve that make more damage in all dungeons and also pvp :)
    If you are wanting something perfectly viable for PvE and PvP, I'd advise CW as CW is better in PvP then a Warlock, hands down (At least in my experience thus far).

In PvE, I think they are comparable... Fury DPS Warlock can melt faces and lead the charts, where CWs bring control aspects and good DPS also. However, I think there are less good SWs then there are good CWs, so I'd try and become a good SW if I was you. Then again I am biased as I love the class. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    mrsax93mrsax93 Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2014
    If you are wanting something perfectly viable for PvE and PvP, I'd advise CW as CW is better in PvP then a Warlock, hands down (At least in my experience thus far).

In PvE, I think they are comparable... Fury DPS Warlock can melt faces and lead the charts, where CWs bring control aspects and good DPS also. However, I think there are less good SWs then there are good CWs, so I'd try and become a good SW if I was you. Then again I am biased as I love the class. :)
    thanks, but where i can find a best build of cw?
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just a quick thank you. This is the only spec that works for me. I'm mostly a solo player. So, thanks.
    JMYwySk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    thanks, but where i can find a best build of cw?
    I'd suggest going to the CW Class forum... Just an idea! :cool:

1238512537_wantedgoodbyebullet.gif

bernatk wrote: »
    Just a quick thank you. This is the only spec that works for me. I'm mostly a solo player. So, thanks.
    You're welcome bud, happy to help! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    korpakukac1korpakukac1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Kolat would you record some of your gameplay in high-end dungeons?
    I would love to see how your level of experience and your top gear works in there :)

PS: I got my T2 set to full yesterday, the setbonus is so OP with DT :D
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not yet been able to test the changed TT on preview as I cannot find anyone group with so I can parse it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Kolat would you record some of your gameplay in high-end dungeons?
    I would love to see how your level of experience and your top gear works in there :)
    I'll try, can't promise, but it would be fun...
    PS: I got my T2 set to full yesterday, the setbonus is so OP with DT :D
    Congrats! :D

cayapp wrote: »
    Not yet been able to test the changed TT on preview as I cannot find anyone group with so I can parse it.
    I'll go this afternoon if you're on bud... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No need...since it is now being patched to live, we will all find out together.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No need...since it is now being patched to live, we will all find out together.
    Either way, should be interesting! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    korpakukac1korpakukac1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just did some FC runs at GG and the fixed TT did not seem much wore. Still does nice dmg...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I just did some FC runs at GG and the fixed TT did not seem much wore. Still does nice dmg...
    Ya, no biggie overall to me... Still enjoying Fury tree, as it still kills things dead. Just love the play style really! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I only lost a couple of million from the pain giver chart in epic LOL and down only a million in Epic Shores. TT was only nice in clearing lots of trash mobs, so for me it is still business as usual. SW's are still king in single target damage and honestly that is where group are gonna fail, not in the clearing of trash.

I even ran an E Shores and E LoL yesterday without once using TT, and still stayed the same, at the top.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Updated look for my Fury Scourge Warlock, Daigotsu:

Diagotsu5_zpsf87ee7a8.pngDiagotsu1_zps2cc76d8b.pngDiagotsu6_zpsc5265138.png
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Updated look for my Fury Scourge Warlock, Daigotsu:

Diagotsu3_zps20ac1254.pngDiagotsu2_zps615e32e9.pngDiagotsu4_zps665a1908.png
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ha so that is what you look like...I did not stop long enough to actually look at you in the dungeon the other day...I was to mesmerized by your voice in TS...haha.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ha so that is what you look like...I did not stop long enough to actually look at you in the dungeon the other day...I was to mesmerized by your voice in TS...haha.
    My personality, including voice, is akin to a force of nature... I'll readily admit that! lol :cool:

Incredible gear score Daigotsu,
    It is currently 17.7, a lot of the artifact bonus: Incoming Healing, Combat Advantage, etc. Don't show as GS, but either way I'm definitely happy with my gear! lol
    I also admire your Green stone companion "Cyan Bloodbane"
    Ya man, old school Dragonlance fan her for sure! :D
    , thanks for your lessons...
    You're welcome bud!
    if you want start a new guardian fighter character I'm going to give you a present "Braced Troll Warhammer"!
    I do have a GF at Level 60 currently, though I am in love with the Dragonbone Trident, I'd be happy to see how the warhammer looks! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Hi, kola!
    Really appreciate your fantastic work on this pretty comprehensive guide.
    Could you please clear out some points for me regarding heroic feats. What does exactly 'Scornful curse' (tier 5 - bottom) provide to us? i'm looking forward to dropping 'Blood Pact of Cania' and reallocate points.
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    veshorok wrote: »
    Hi, kolat!
    Really appreciate your fantastic work on this pretty comprehensive guide.
    Thanks bud, appreciate the support! :)
    Could you please clear out some points for me regarding heroic feats. What does exactly 'Scornful curse' (tier 5 - bottom) provide to us? i'm looking forward to dropping 'Blood Pact of Cania' and reallocate points.
    I actually updated my first post (not the picture though, gotta do that!) w/switching points to Devastating Critical and Blood Pact of Cania. Both are very good, and I'd actually drop Scornful Curse completely.

Heroic Tier -

Weapon Mastery - 3/3
    Energizing Curse - 4/5 (Can be 5/5 if you drop one from Weapon Mastery)
    Empowered Rituals - 3/3
    Determined Casting - 5/5
    Devastating Critical - 3/3
    Blood Pact of Cania - 2/5 (5/5 if Human)

Thanks in advance for your help!
    You're welcome! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Greetings all!

Just wanted to write down my findings since the TT fix and other random things...

Current GS is 17.7k, as a number of bonuses are nebulous (not calculated in GS) and by that I mean Incoming Healing/Combat Advantage Bonus from Artifacts, etc. Finally got the last Tyranny of Dragon's Boon, Draconic Fury: 5% Crit Severity and I am pretty much done gearing up though I need to run Epic LoL a bit more so I can get Ring's of Pain to drop... No luck at all thus far! lol

Basically I haven't seen any truly significant change since the TT fix. Now mind you I am not personally using ACT or other programs, but I have friends who do, so extrapolating a bit from convos with them in our runs. Currently an equally geared CW is the only one who can compete DPS wise. Allow me to explain by compete... It truly depends on the dungeon. Older ones such as Spellplague and Castle Never the CW will be dead even and/or end up being top Paingiver at the end. However in Epic Lostmauth, VT, MC, etc. A Fury SW will be the top dog, so to speak. Reasoning for this is quite simple: Dungeons with lots of adds plus lots of adds on the boss fights, versus dungeons with less adds (overall) and few adds on the bosses. The key is really the boss fights. As your single target damage far out strips what a CW can do, but then again that's what we are designed to do! ;)

So I'm perfectly fine where everything is, as I still feel the Fury SW contributes a lot to dungeon runs... Particularly if the CW is not trying to race you. If the CW is actually doing the AoE CC with Arcane Singularity/Steal Time/Furious Immolation, they can be your best friend. You pop TT, and lay down the Curses just as they CC, then your Dreadtheft and boom. The baddies are dead before they hit the ground many times... Last night I was doing an MC run, and the last group of adds (Wights/Thayans) before the final fight, the CW with me on TS was like I have an Arcane Singularity and I said go for it. He cast that just as I was laying my TT curses out and the entire group was dead before they hit the ground. Was effing sweet! :D

So overall I'm pretty darn happy with where Fury lays right now... Looking forward to the new path on the Test Shard. However, I am at a loss as to how Fury would be better without No Pity, No Mercy. The Combat Advantage is so good. Though an awesome necrotic At-Will to replace Hellish Rebuke might help a bit, however I'm not holding my breathe that the new path will be better for Fury then Hellbringer. Though I would love to be pleasantly surprised... So I await the joy of testing!

35605.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Is Ioun stone of might better than Ioun stone of allure?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    vestige321 wrote: »
    Is Ioun stone of might better than Ioun stone of allure?
    I prefer Ioun Stone of Might for the 5% Stamina regeneration, and the fact it has Power/ArmPen/Recovery/Deflection as the main stats I like better then the Ioun Stone of Allure's % Slow effect on Encounter use and the Power/Critical Strike/Recovery main stats on it.

Plus, the most important thing to me... It has 3 Offensive Rune slots instead of the Allure's 2 Offensive and 1 Defensive slots. ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Is the difference between the two ioun stones huge?
  • Options
    veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Plus, the most important thing to me... It has 3 Offensive Rune slots instead of the Allure's 2 Offensive and 1 Defensive slots. ;)

you know that defensive slot in ioun is for Eldritch, right? and as soon as you can slot a purple one (rank 7 and above) both stones have literally identical stat boosts to your toon. tho stamina is better i think - can't agree more here.

another question, i started to have some problems with survivability..eg in scorpions fight. i press any button and both of them jump on me as mad. i tried to slotted an owl, sprint boost to run away and still..i don't want to go in 3k def, 1k reg etc with 5k power just to stand afar and stroke mobs..confused
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014

with Mystic Phoera "companion" and good mates all went well in Lair of the Mad Dragon!
    Good mates make everything better! :)

vestige321 wrote: »
    Is the difference between the two ioun stones huge?
    Huge? No. Noticeable? I think so.

you know that defensive slot in ioun is for Eldritch, right? and as soon as you can slot a purple one (rank 7 and above) both stones have literally identical stat boosts to your toon.
    At rank 10, 10% of the pets ratings isn't even 70 ArmPen for me. Could it be? Sure if I put 700 Armpen on the pet, but I haven't as I am uisng other equipment to do so. Just my style... lol
    tho stamina is better i think - can't agree more here.
    another question, i started to have some problems with survivability..eg in scorpions fight. i press any button and both of them jump on me as mad. i tried to slotted an owl, sprint boost to run away and still..i don't want to go in 3k def, 1k reg etc with 5k power just to stand afar and stroke mobs..confused
    Oh you are a glass cannon with this build...

My mantra is: "Be like Han... PEW PEW PEW! 'MURICA!!!"

Which basically means kill all the things before they kill you... lol

Also it keeps you on your toes and makes the fights interesting, managing aggro but that's just me... ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi Kolatmaster,

Another great guide as usual :) can i add it to mmomind.com?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hi Kolatmaster,

Another great guide as usual :) can i add it to mmomind.com?
    Of course! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    hoolifabhoolifab Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hi, you're build is very awesome. It's help me vry much....
    But i'd like to know how can you have more of 10k in power ?
    thanks ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    hoolifab wrote: »
    hi, you're build is very awesome. It's help me vry much....
    Thanks, and happy to be of service! :cool:
    But i'd like to know how can you have more of 10k in power ?
    Radiant Rank 10s, Perfect Bonding Runestones, Boon selection and Legendary Artifacts...
    thanks ;)
    You're welcome!
    va8Ru.gif