Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    spaghettinerusspaghettinerus Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stop blattering nonsense everyone.

Solution: Don't do anything strange or unnecessary, just bring it back to its previous state, 1 tick at a time and half the damage it deals now.
    Robbin' In Da Hood - HR stands for "Hate (is) Real"

7 years old PC, connection laggy as sh--, be afraid & get rekt
  • Options
    jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »

I definitely feel that the CW class overall is less fun to play on preview than on live. It's not because of the reduced damage, it's because of how we inflict damage. Pushing a giant exploding ball into a mob and knocking them flat is fun. It's satisfying. It feels like you're a powerful mage laying waste to foes. The new style of play that CW's have to conform to is damage over time and procing random effects. The goal is to cast a low damage DoT spell then sit back and watch as random effects (Storm Spell, Assailant, Creeping Frost, Warped Magics, et al) eat them alive. It doesn't feel like you're actually doing anything. We're no longer the source of damage, we're passive observers where all we have to do is light a fuse then find some place to hide while we wait for the damage to happen on its own. It's just not as satisfying. It's probably too late to change anything about that now, but please keep in mind for future changes that indirect damage is a lot less fun than direct damage.

For sure, the CW class is heading in a skill-less direction due to the changes to Assailing Force and Shard and it's sad.

I've played the CW class for over a year and that time/practice is now irrelevant. Anyone can roll the class, feat Assailant, slot whatever they want, and faceroll. CW is the new GWF -- the current top CWs will hold a small and very diminished advantage over everyone else rolling the class because Assailant now does all the work for you so long as you can keep a rock on your mouse button and the most skillful/fun encounter (Shard) has been made useless.
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

• Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »

Hai

Not a bug. It is WAI. Try cancelling FLS for example with your GWF sprint. Works the same.

Bai
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    Feedback
    i am with the idea of more effective builds variety but cw hit tooo hard atm, if you want to hit harder then a lot of things or at least on effective thing you have needs to the effectiveness lowered, to maintain balance in the game so that every class can have a good shot at winning a 1v1
    I hope you could realize that every class has its role and stop complaining about another class's abilities, which it should have. CW is supposed to output good damage, though its single target damage might not be as good as strikers'. DC is supposed to output presentable healing, not to output good damage. As for GF, its job is supposed to be tanking mobs, thought that doesn't fit very well into PvP. You like GF's class nature and characteristics so you play GF, don't you? Then please be happy and be satisfied with what you are playing. Don't keep asking for nerfing other classes just because their abilities in PvP is more advantageous. And don't try to demand going-overboard buffs which can potentially destroy your class's nature and make it no longer feel like GF.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    I'm talking about the CW jumping which cancels the cast time, the cooldown and pushes. It just pushes (no damages) but it can counter pretty hard because CW can use it several times (3 or 4).

Yes it might be a bug, I think I was wrong. The push part seems to go off, without wep enchant/damage/AP gain from ability.

You should be able to cancel Repel, but it shouldn't push.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    This feedback ISNT coming from me, but (in my opinion) one of the best CWs in the game:

Storm Spell is fine on LIVE - it was already very good and didnt need ANY changes.

He rarely posts AT ALL on the forums so I am just passing this along.

Also - IMO Assailing Force would be much better I think for all if it provided a straight damage boost to targets after being affected by a control power.

The old "capstone" purely reduced the DR of targets affected by COI by 15%. Why not bring this back but say:

"Targets affected by your control have 15-20% less mitigation for 6-8 seconds"

Now this would mean ANY control power would proc this, it gives CWs an actual "Skill" to the class as well as the debuff allows the synergy with other classes as well. Having this lame "proc" that deals damage that bypasses DR - Its just silly guys.... Its really silly....

If that damage isnt enough, beef it up. But I think giving targets the debuff allows for the Synergy your trying to promote with so many other changes to classes.

Agreed with everything tbh.

My Ray of Frost currently can be renamed to Ray of Death and Suffering.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Agreed with everything tbh.

My Ray of Frost currently can be renamed to Ray of Death and Suffering.

Which is due to huge damage boost and double proccing of Storm spell ...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Which is due to huge damage boost and double proccing of Storm spell ...

Also due to Assailant giving 10k damage with even an at-will.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also due to Assailant giving 10k damage with even an at-will.

and new eye
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    A question if I may? I have had shard on tab since forever - I was wondering what would be a good skill to replace it with after mod4 goes live...thanks :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    A question if I may? I have had shard on tab since forever - I was wondering what would be a good skill to replace it with after mod4 goes live...thanks :)

I'll assume you're PvP-focused:

Icy Rays and Ray of Enfeeblement deals a lot of damage, and RoE can even proc assailant. Icy Terrain and Shard can still be useful if you commonly take a good distance of the enemies. If Shield wasn't nerfed I'd say to slot it on tab, but currently the CC reduction of it is very "meh".

I personally really like tabbed Icy Rays and it's probably going to be my choice.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    I'll assume you're PvP-focused:

Icy Rays and Ray of Enfeeblement deals a lot of damage, and RoE can even proc assailant. Icy Terrain and Shard can still be useful if you commonly take a good distance of the enemies. If Shield wasn't nerfed I'd say to slot it on tab, but currently the CC reduction of it is very "meh".

I personally really like tabbed Icy Rays and it's probably going to be my choice.

Yup pvp, I was thinking icy rays as well but just wanted a second opinion. Thanks I think that will be my choice as well :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    I say, tone down Assailant damage so that its DoT effect is on par with MoF Rimefire/Smolder DoT damage.

But allow CW's some ability to bypass DR. Why? Because we deal in magic. You GWFs don't.

Well, no.

Assailant is available to both MoF and Spellstorm.

Devs seem fully intent to make classes based on procs and guaranteed damage. I doubt we will see boosts that are rewarding skillful play. People asked for this for months and we got Assailant and stuff instead.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    The underlying reason they changed Assailant Force and Elemental Empowerment the way they did probably had quite a bit to do with toning down debuffs. That offered great group synergy in PvE; stuff just melted with CoI on. I agree that the current implementation of Assailant Force is terrible, but changing it back to a debuff that's even better than the old one is not the way to go. It needs to be something that doesn't offer quite so much damage in PvE while maintaining the CW's ability to dish out decent damage in PvP.

OK Easy fix then.

Assailant Force
    "You deal 25%-30% more damage to targets affected by your control, lasts 6-8 seconds"

Basically instead of a debuff for 15%, its a straight damage boost for the CW for 6-8 seconds OF 25%-30% during/after hitting someone with a control power.

- Removed the debuff and party synergy with it. Just a pure DMG boost to CWs. This combined with things like EOTS would be good synergy...

How much PVE damage was Assailant Force accounting for? 20%? 30%? Just replace the % bonus debuff with the % of damage that came from AF in "testing" Done. Same "net effect" heck - even buff it some! But it actually takes "timing and skill" to use appropriately.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ayroux wrote: »

How much PVE damage was Assailant Force accounting for? 20%? 30%? Just replace the % bonus debuff with the % of damage that came from AF in "testing" Done. Same "net effect" heck - even buff it some! But it actually takes "timing and skill" to use appropriately.

It's more like 10-13%. Elemental Empowerment currently outdamages Assailant partly because it benefits from debuffs, the capstone does not.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hope you could realize that every class has its role and stop complaining about another class's abilities, which it should have. CW is supposed to output good damage, though its single target damage might not be as good as strikers'. DC is supposed to output presentable healing, not to output good damage. As for GF, its job is supposed to be tanking mobs, thought that doesn't fit very well into PvP. You like GF's class nature and characteristics so you play GF, don't you? Then please be happy and be satisfied with what you are playing. Don't keep asking for nerfing other classes just because their abilities in PvP is more advantageous. And don't try to demand going-overboard buffs which can potentially destroy your class's nature and make it no longer feel like GF.

I agree with you, but atm the damage output is too much. A class that can provide control should not be able to deal more damage than pure strikers like Archer or Combat Ranger or TR or Fury Warlock. Otherwise in PvE they will simply outshadow everybody.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    But don't change the essential mechanic of Assailant just because of over-represented PVP GWFs crying on CW feedback forums.

Even though i said i won't be posting any feedback,couldn't resist this one. Like the Guy,whom i quoted above, said we have a lot of People venting their hate for the class here. Nothing more but Litanies of nerf, nerf, nerf. I hope people at the top can identify and ignore them. Well , not that it matters that much,but honestly it's getting tedious reading these Feedback posts because of the very General and Repetitive comments posted,due to Bickering.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree with you, but atm the damage output is too much. A class that can provide control should not be able to deal more damage than pure strikers like Archer or Combat Ranger or TR or Fury Warlock. Otherwise in PvE they will simply outshadow everybody.

Damage=control. Besides, the classes you listed are single target. You can't expect single targeters to do more damage than AoErs, in dungeons full of adds.
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    I'm wondering if there will be some "hotfix" after mod 4.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    Damage=control. Besides, the classes you listed are single target. You can't expect single targeters to do more damage than AoErs, in dungeons full of adds.

I'm fine with CWs doing more overall damage. But doing more single target should not happen, and unfortunately that's the case.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    nativejoenativejoe Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    GUYS....SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!

Sorry, but sheezus....

You guys are complaining that we can actually dps now?
    Rewind 20 pages and we're completly Not viable.
    I get that you guys are asking for Fine tuning, slight changes... I get that....

HOWEVER; LOOK AT WHO YOU ARE ASKING THIS FROM!!!!
    The Devs Are Children with sludge hammers, They break ****, They Arn't the fine tooth tinkers your asking for....

IF you ask for a slight nerf, your Gonna get the skills knocked to the ground your windows broken out and tires slashed.
    You ask for a buff, and Your gonna get Completely Rebuilt Skill that will bug out and do 3 million damage like we used to have.

THANK THE GODS, and DEVS , we have the balance right now we do!
    This is as good as its gonna get. u wanna fine tinker , go make sugguestions on the other classes forums to bring them into balance more.

I for one am VERY thankful we ended up where we are.

We lost some skillful game play? Ask for more Skills, powers, cool stuff. Don't ask them To destroy or change Anything that is currently in play. Cuz once again you will More then likly end up with a broken windshield, slashed tires, and a broken skill set. x.x

Please please please Don't ask for slight nerfs, or slight % changes, or anything of that nature. They DON"T know how to do that!!! Ask for that and they'll give us a nuclear warhead, or do what they did to Shard of Endless Avalach ( our last teir Skill which is damage reduced now by about 80% , is buggy, and knocks down maybe 1 out of 3 times for 2 seconds)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Even on this page, Renegades still don't seem viable.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I haven't seen that. I'm certain that my TR could out damage my CW on a single boss mob. Of course, there are not many ways to test that, since everything they've made so far involves tons and tons of adds. We'll see how they work against the new dragons.
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Even on this page, Renegades still don't seem viable.

Renegade… ya… that **** is dead. :cool:
    The changes that have been made to EotS and SS should've been Renegade-specific (accessible through Renegade feats). If they buff the CW overall, Thaum will always stay superior.
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »
    Renegade… ya… that **** is dead. :cool:
    The changes that have been made to EotS and SS should've been Renegade-specific (accessible through Renegade feats). If they buff the CW overall, Thaum will always stay superior.

Turning the Storm spell/fury changes into a feat for renegades certainly would make it more appealing
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I haven't seen that. I'm certain that my TR could out damage my CW on a single boss mob. Of course, there are not many ways to test that, since everything they've made so far involves tons and tons of adds. We'll see how they work against the new dragons.

You can easily tell who did the most damage to what target using ACT.

And for the record, a TR should be blowing a CW out of the water when it comes to single target.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Reminder: The Official Feedback Stickies are not for one's opinions of others' opinions nor the discussion there-of. The Sticky Feedback threads are for YOUR feedback from YOUR testing of the pertinent topics on the PREVIEW server. They are not for the discussion of one's own or others' opinions. Instead, such belongs in the provided Discussion threads, such as this one.

Please see:
    Sticky: [ List ] Community Feedback Discussion Threads! :) (Read Before Posting)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    So you agree that a TR does more single target (striker) damage than a CW?