test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ways to beat perma stealth TRs

1234568»

Comments

• lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How long does a permastealth TR remain visible?
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    How long does a permastealth TR remain visible?

Depends of skill. Good ones doesn't.

Sometimes I can only see the name of the guy by clicking X because you really cannot see or touch him.

But now things will change because I just realized how Icy Terrain and Steal Time are super over powered spells on PvP.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »

2 - I need someone else to be ''bait''. So, I get all my prone powers ready and watch the TR attack my teammate, waitimng for that split-second when the TR is not untouchable and I just unload on him. Usually they are not touch enough to take FS, BC, IS & LS. This, however, does not work against really, really good permas, so in that case I revert back to option 1. The only thing worse than being trolled on node by a TR is when the TR is trolling 2/3 of you on node.

If you need 2 people to bait and beat the TR, that TR has already won by siphoning 2 resources from your team
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The best way to beat an invisible backcapper is to ignore him. You're a tank. Go to the opposite side of the map and cap their point.

If you choose to ignore the rogue, your team has one less player who is susceptible to being the "wasted resources". It's inevitable somebody from your team will pay attention to the pesky little stabber, hopefully there's just going to be one of him and he wont be easy prey for the TR.
  • slaaneshihorrorslaaneshihorror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2014
    It amazes me how many people call for nerfs to TR because of PvP.
    PvP is not the main facet of the game.
    It's a mini game within the primary game.
    And each nerf A) Doesn't make anyone happy, inlcuding those demanding it.
    And B) Makes it harder to PvE as a Rogue.
    PvE being the primary part of this game.
    It's wonderful that people enjoy the PvP mini game within the larger part of this MMO, but that's all it is.
    A small part of a much larger world.

It's all well and fine that a CW or a GWF are Gods a PvE situation and TRs aren't even wanted.
    Heaven forbid a TR can call him/herself King/Queen SOMEWHERE.

The fact of the matter is, in the grand scheme of Neverwinter, PvP isn't what the game was primarily made for.
    The nerfs are unneeded and hurt the primary factor of the game.
    And this is coming from a CW who gets destroyed by TRs every time I PvP.
    Greycloaks Bank Manager - Malanael Corventus.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    on the real DnD rogues are weak as hell
    No. No they aren't. Or at least they weren't when I used to play them in old school pnp.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    The best way to beat an invisible backcapper is to ignore him. You're a tank. Go to the opposite side of the map and cap their point.

If you choose to ignore the rogue, your team has one less player who is susceptible to being the "wasted resources". It's inevitable somebody from your team will pay attention to the pesky little stabber, hopefully there's just going to be one of him and he wont be easy prey for the TR.
    I'll typically have one crack at killing a perma who's backcapping. If he's bad enough that I succeed then I'll keep killing him. If not, I'll wait until he's run off somewhere else and re-take the point.

Really irks me when I see my entire team trying to kill a good perma while his team-mates have capped both the other points unopposed.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    If you need 2 people to bait and beat the TR, that TR has already won by siphoning 2 resources from your team

As I said, ''This, however, does not work against really, really good permas''. An average perma I will catch out quickly while someone else baits him. I don't see this as much of a loss as the fight is over quick enough for us to go back and balance out the fight elsewhere. If it is a good perma and I realise this, I move on.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Biggest tip is to keep moving. Many rogue damage moves require a skillshot to hit you and they're harder if you're moving.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • obsenityobsenity Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ( TR ) Ben TÜRK ORDUSU ve TÜRK ORDUSU AKADEMİ Loncası Liderlerinden biriyim. 380 - 390 kişilik Loncamız da, Perma TR's yüzünden oyunu bırakan bir çok arkadaşımız oldu. Online sayımız 20 - 30 kişiye kadar düştü. Bu gidişle Perma TR's yüzünden ben de oyunu bırakmayı düşünüyorum. Hatta Bay BarS ( gwf ) isimli karakterimi satılığa çıkarttım. Çünkü Birçok Forum sayfasına ve facebook sayfalarına perma TR's hakkında şikayette bulunduk. oyun içerisinde GM's yazılar yazdık. Hiç İlgilenen olmadı. Bildiğiniz veya tavsiye edececeğiniz bir oyun varsa bana yazın.