test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ways to beat perma stealth TRs

Comments

• dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello. I'm a rogue and I PvP. I die plenty of times to other rogues, and to strategic players. Terrain can be used to one's advantage no matter the class taken.

What works best vs a rogue is TEAMWORK. Just mind your team of 5 isn't all distracted in killing my rogueness whilst my team goes and steals the other 2 towers. :) My character's death is your distraction.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I started leveling a TR just to see exactly how easy it is to kill CWs from the other side.

So far after two days I'm level 49 and have been the deciding factor in many pvp matches.

Best thing so far TR has over CW is you really can be the deciding factor if you harass the enemy at the home point (I've tried to do this as a CW but you just die against pretty much any single person).

I haven't had many 1v1s against CWs yet but it seems pretty much as expected- OP as hell against them.

I did today have a CW try to use Steal Time on me. It was laughable.

Surprise for me is TR combat is really addictive. CW combat is artificial and clunky but even PVE fights as a TR have a fun engaging style to them.

Bringing it back to the OP, I haven't seen anyone that has used something really effective against me yet.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Path of the blade is really useful against stealth :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    The true forum reasoning comes up yet again...

its like any other game thief can steal have more money but sucks in combat.
    here cw is the tief
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    sure every day i see lf 4 tr to do cn
    i know all bis pvp tr non of them farmed their rank 10.i know plenty cw that had all rank 10 from farm 6 months ago
    average cw makes 3,4 times ad as any other class.sure gwf is viable since mod 2 before was a joke for 10 months.
    and im plain wrong lol u still think pve is balanced and someone like you wants to talk pvp plz ....

- just because there are no 4 TR CN doesn't mean TRs doesn't farm CN. Also TR can solo CN lol...
    - I NEVER EVER said PvE is balanced
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

I did today have a CW try to use Steal Time on me. It was laughable.

You mean to tell me Steal Time's long animation, long cooldown, short range, abysmal damage is not effective?

You must be mistaken sir, a lot of TRs here say that Steal Time is an effective skill against them.

I mean, none of them have ever shown proof of an elite CW beating an elite TR using Steal Time, but these TRs on the forum are honest people I tell you what!

You can't possibly mean that TRs here are just saying that as an excuse to prevent nerfing them do they?

I would be shocked and appalled if that were the case.
    edited March 2014
    - just because there are no 4 TR CN doesn't mean TRs doesn't farm CN. Also TR can solo CN lol...
    - I NEVER EVER said PvE is balanced

no they cant if they dont have 5 pc 5 accounts.so stop saying tr can solo anything they cant solo nothing.
    what good is pvp tr in cn now realy.1 or 2 top guilds let them in coz they cary the guild thru premades so they let them farm for better gear not coz they bring anything to a party,and dps pve tr is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> no one complains abouth them they suck in pve and pvp.no bis tr has farmed for gear.only decent and good ones....
    .on the other hand i would always take any pvp cw to cn coz i know they got the skills and cc is enough.

funny thing is that cw dont roll tr and destroy everything if its so easy to play tr ,most of them went for gwf with 45k hp lol so much abouth skill.
    edited March 2014
    You mean to tell me Steal Time's long animation, long cooldown, short range, abysmal damage is not effective?

You must be mistaken sir, a lot of TRs here say that Steal Time is an effective skill against them.

I agree, Steal Time is pure OPness vs TRs. But only if used together with the Lantern and Icy Terrain! I think people that gave negative feedback on ST vs TRs just forgot to use the above mentioned things :) Gotta use them all together.
    no they cant if they dont have 5 pc 5 accounts.so stop saying tr can solo anything they cant solo nothing.
    what good is pvp tr in cn now realy.1 or 2 top guilds let them in coz they cary the guild thru premades so they let them farm for better gear not coz they bring anything to a party,and dps pve tr is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> no one complains abouth them they suck in pve and pvp.no bis tr has farmed for gear.only decent and good ones....
    .on the other hand i would always take any pvp cw to cn coz i know they got the skills and cc is enough.

- you don't need 5 PCs lol, all you need is helping friends with alts :) Stop playing as if you don't know these things. Conclusion: perma TR can solo DRACO. Available on Youtube, for everybody's enjoyment.
    - PvE TR DPS needs a boost :( I'm sorry Cryptic doesn't understand such elementary needs. PvE TR that specced for damage should compete for top Paingiver.
    - you would take PvP CWs to CN? man, you might have some nasty surprises. Such as "I never learned Sudden Storm", "I don't have CoI, Elemental Empowerement cause I'm an Oppressor so I cannot debuff ANYTHING", "I didn't buy a stone cause it's useless in PvP", and I could go on and on. Trust me, I'm a CW, and I tried carrying PvP CWs in CN, and I failed at least 2 times. Did I mention their DPS? I had 45 mils damage vs the PvP CW at 10 mils - yes we wiped so many times. After we replaced PvP CW, we finished, as usual, easily.

PvP =/= PvE.
  • iliveforpvpiliveforpvp Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I agree, Steal Time is pure OPness vs TRs. But only if used together with the Lantern and Icy Terrain! I think people that gave negative feedback on ST vs TRs just forgot to use the above mentioned things :) Gotta use them all together.

edited March 2014

I know, good advice is good - right :) ?
    edited March 2014

- you don't need 5 PCs lol, all you need is helping friends with alts :) Stop playing as if you don't know these things. Conclusion: perma TR can solo DRACO. Available on Youtube, for everybody's enjoyment.
    - PvE TR DPS needs a boost :( I'm sorry Cryptic doesn't understand such elementary needs. PvE TR that specced for damage should compete for top Paingiver.
    - you would take PvP CWs to CN? man, you might have some nasty surprises. Such as "I never learned Sudden Storm", "I don't have CoI, Elemental Empowerement cause I'm an Oppressor so I cannot debuff ANYTHING", "I didn't buy a stone cause it's useless in PvP", and I could go on and on. Trust me, I'm a CW, and I tried carrying PvP CWs in CN, and I failed at least 2 times. Did I mention their DPS? I had 45 mils damage vs the PvP CW at 10 mils - yes we wiped so many times. After we replaced PvP CW, we finished, as usual, easily.

PvP =/= PvE.

i know the solo trade done it many times its no good any more to much hassle asking for favors and such.not to mention40 min fight
    and i was talking abouth good pvp cw i done some dungeons with that alt and other one forgot the name they had tenes even was np
    low dmg but pro players way better then mediocre pve cw.nevermind that i dont realy care they nerf tr stealth i just care to beat another tr 1v1 dont care with what rotation.
    just i dont want a dead class and im sure if they go on next nerf will be that one
  • billprescottbillprescott Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think some ppl are missing the point here with rashleywizz's sarcasm. If a cw has to change his lineup to fight 1 class, but said lineup is useless against others, id say the tr has already won. While the cw's wasting time(heh) fighting a TR with that rotation, the enemy cw can do the proper thing cws do... cc the other cw! or, better yet, nuke the ultra vulnerable, sitting in the open and waving his hands cw whos wasting his breathing time using aoe's in the case that a tr MIGHT be there.

And for the final time, I think enough people are annoyed of the so called "lantern" excuse. For the last time, an aoe that makes your target visible for 6 seconds(if they were even in the aoe to begin with), with a 2 minute cooldown(if you spent the money to upgrade it to peak performance), is NOT a be all, catch all to permastealth. Will people please stop using that as an awesome "defense" to a tr being invisible ALL OF THE TIME.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Just when the permastealth feedback thread started to die, now we have this. Why do people need to so hotly debate about permastealth? It was already announced it is getting a nerf, so until then just stop the nonsensical debating. There is no reason for these threads till something gets implemented on preview server or is officially announced as their solution to it.

If I see another perma thread on here I am probably going to puke on my keyboard and then need to take a month away from the forums.
    edited March 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    Just when the permastealth feedback thread started to die, now we have this. Why do people need to so hotly debate about permastealth?

Why do people keep making posts about CWs being OP in PvE when it was already announced they will be nerfed?

Cause it might take months, and until the nerf occurs, those people might still have a hard time finding a place in dungeon runs.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    Just when the permastealth feedback thread started to die, now we have this. Why do people need to so hotly debate about permastealth? It was already announced it is getting a nerf, so until then just stop the nonsensical debating. There is no reason for these threads till something gets implemented on preview server or is officially announced as their solution to it.

If I see another perma thread on here I am probably going to puke on my keyboard and then need to take a month away from the forums.

Lol all these people complaining about not being able to be paingiver in pve makes me sick. Who cares if you aren't. I have a couple of TR friends, I always have a spot for one of them when running dungeons. They do the job and hit big things while the rest of the party takes care of all the surrounding <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mobs. Everything's fine, and no, that's not any longer. More than two wizards in a group slows down a run, unless the team is really, really bad.

Now, paingiver doesn't mean useful in any way. The best update ever would just be to remove the damage board so that the rivers of tears from anyone not being top damage, from clerics to tanks, can dry up a bit. Which means people not inviting TR to runs are just bad and don't see how valuable they are in pve. Now, let's get back to permastealth. Yes it's annoying. It's like permastuns. No one with a brain would enjoy being denied the ability to play or strike back; thus, like the tenacity update had to be done, something has to be done about stealth too.
    edited March 2014
    and just to say any nerf tr got made that stat, power useless 100% in high lvl pvp.
    true perma stealth build with bait was nerfed with cos-no one using it,
    lurker nerf -not a single pvp tr use it
    impact nerf-no one using it
    lb nerf-no one using it
    power nerf-no one stacking power

its just a wild guess stealth nerf will make stealth no more viable.
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    impact nerf-no one using it
    lb nerf-no one using it

some still use impact, but more for the stun than actual damage. those who spam it are probably just trying to make u waste dodges because the damage isn't worth it even on a near-dead target.

and lashing is still useful as it's the strongest attack a rogue has
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, no, no, just no.

This is not your job. Your talents are lost each time you have to step on point with a different class other than a DC or less skilled/geared anything else that you can obliterate fast. Also that is NOT high HP, and Repel is more than unreliable. Shield too? OK you just lost 2 slots.

PS: that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to kill permas and IV senti GWFs tho' just as easy as they can kill you :) People don't mention HRs often, but there are builds out there that are just as fatal to a CW as a perma. What will you do against a HR that is deflecting/healing almost anything, and perma-CCs you? Well, die, ofc... And since we're there, GFs are not scrubs either. Good GFs will have little issues with a CW, especially on point.

You can scream for help tho' like a little scared kid and 2vs1 the other classes and feel like a true hero. Not.

Didn't read. Too busy point holding.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
    edited March 2014
    some still use impact, but more for the stun than actual damage. those who spam it are probably just trying to make u waste dodges because the damage isn't worth it even on a near-dead target.

and lashing is still useful as it's the strongest attack a rogue has

i never saw pbile tr using lb its
    maybe 10k average with pvorp maybe 15 but forget abouth killing another bile tr.
    i fough many pvorp tr they eather run away or die which is how i did to until i got pbile.
    and impact is histerical 1k non crit on dolls
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnJX3DPiuRU&list=UUoFv8807gqrktpl_cfDHl-g
    1:23 min 11k lb on mounted cw lol with decent dmg setup 22str human,strongest dmg weapons
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i never saw pbile tr using lb its
    maybe 10k average with pvorp maybe 15 but forget abouth killing another bile tr.
    i fough many pvorp tr they eather run away or die which is how i did to until i got pbile.
    and impact is histerical 1k non crit on dolls
    1:23 min 11k lb on mounted cw lol with decent dmg setup 22str human,strongest dmg weapons

well, i am a combat rogue so i don't speak for permas and i use frost so i don't fit in any rogue category xD

and yeah, i know lashing can hit 11k on wizards as i do it all the time as a non-dps oriented rogue. it simply isn't difficult, although u should hit higher than that if u have the strongest weapons since i use deflect weapons which r not the best for dps.
  • majorlazer13majorlazer13 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As someone who does not play or who has the intent to play a TR let me say a few things. I main a GF and alt a DC. PLEASE do not nerf TR any further. IF anything they need an AOE buff to gain viability in dungeons. In PVE they need massive love. In PvP they are often fun and challenging. I highly discourage any nerfs. If anything buff GF's so that they are more mobile and have more AoE effects. Rogues need love like features from actual tabletop 4E (Double Fisted Shooter and the like). Anyways, rogues are fun to see on the field, if you cannot handle them, please take the time to learn about the class and how to deal with them. Tenacity has helped tremendously in being able to keep up with their burst damage. My DC (14.5k) totally has fun kiting and trolling them for a tower 1/2/3. Anyways the nerf hammer needs to be throttled back and buffs need to be added to CW and GF in this. Everyone else seems to be OK in dealing with them. Thanks team!
    edited March 2014
    As someone who does not play or who has the intent to play a TR let me say a few things. I main a GF and alt a DC. PLEASE do not nerf TR any further. IF anything they need an AOE buff to gain viability in dungeons. In PVE they need massive love. In PvP they are often fun and challenging. I highly discourage any nerfs. If anything buff GF's so that they are more mobile and have more AoE effects. Rogues need love like features from actual tabletop 4E (Double Fisted Shooter and the like). Anyways, rogues are fun to see on the field, if you cannot handle them, please take the time to learn about the class and how to deal with them. Tenacity has helped tremendously in being able to keep up with their burst damage. My DC (14.5k) totally has fun kiting and trolling them for a tower 1/2/3. Anyways the nerf hammer needs to be throttled back and buffs need to be added to CW and GF in this. Everyone else seems to be OK in dealing with them. Thanks team!

plz learn from this guy only decent post i read in a while.cws instead asking for a buff you are all day everyday on nerf tr topic
    cw plus gf need a buff simple as that no need to nerf anything.
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I find it interesting to see 1.44: SE on the GWF with more than 50% hp and Unstoppable non crit 11k :):) And people say SE can be compared to Ice Knife lol...
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
    edited March 2014
    plz learn from this guy only decent post i read in a while.cws instead asking for a buff you are all day everyday on nerf tr topic
    cw plus gf need a buff simple as that no need to nerf anything.

To be honest, not even a real buff is needed. Just give CW all CC back, and after that give us survival/counter abilities. We mentioned these in the forums like 100 times before, many of us.

- Mirror Images
    - Invisibility
    - See Invisibility
    - Ethereal/Ghostly Visage
    - Stoneskin

And so on.

Basically all that CW needs is proper tools to deal with certain situations. Jumping around and casting blind AoEs does no constitute "proper tools"...

However, what will actually happen is that CW will be further nerfed... as developers stated... because it happens that we do good AoE damage.
  • majorlazer13majorlazer13 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    @Pers3Phone
    Bingo! You got it. Actual 4E tools that you ask for. I am all for what you mentioned and this is what I meant in my post. I just gave a general idea and you zoomed in on the actual tools. CW's do a bit too much damage per 4E rules. Your control needs to be upped and survivability/tools like you stated needs to be implemented. good going always enjoy your posts.
    edited March 2014
    To be honest, not even a real buff is needed. Just give CW all CC back, and after that give us survival/counter abilities. We mentioned these in the forums like 100 times before, many of us.

- Mirror Images
    - Invisibility
    - See Invisibility
    - Ethereal/Ghostly Visage
    - Stoneskin

And so on.

Basically all that CW needs is proper tools to deal with certain situations. Jumping around and casting blind AoEs does no constitute "proper tools"...

However, what will actually happen is that CW will be further nerfed... as developers stated... because it happens that we do good AoE damage.

so go and make separate tread with this suggestions not only nerf tr
    edited March 2014
    that is the highest possible non crit from tr in pvp(trolling with buffs not included)
    no perma tr can come close to that numbers.
    if u cant beat such a tr with full pvp cw better play something else.
    if they nerf se they will only nerf dps style anyway not perma lol.
    edited March 2014
    so go and make separate tread with this suggestions not only nerf tr

There were a number of topics with such suggestions and there was no developer feedback in any.

When people asked for CW nerfs recently however, the combat systems dev came in and said the CW is "out of line" and they will "take a look at it" and fix things (translation: will be nerfed).

So you very well see how the system works:

- buffs to classes? NOPE.
    - nerfs to classes? YES PLEASE

So why even bother repeating same thing about CWs again and again when we already know CW is gonna get nerfed?
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    buffing everything is worse than nerfing everything.
    edited March 2014
    There were a number of topics with such suggestions and there was no developer feedback in any.

When people asked for CW nerfs recently however, the combat systems dev came in and said the CW is "out of line" and they will "take a look at it" and fix things (translation: will be nerfed).

So you very well see how the system works:

- buffs to classes? NOPE.
    - nerfs to classes? YES PLEASE

So why even bother repeating same thing about CWs again and again when we already know CW is gonna get nerfed?

hehe u know that they ment your precious pve
    which should be nerfed to the ground and beyond so maybe it would take actuall skill to finish a dungeon