test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Shaping Profession

Comments

• graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the reports of missing Splinters. We'll definitely look into it more.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Refining Black Ice is back...TY Devs!
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Black Ice processing tasks return 135 and 1350 Black Ice. Rewards on the overview page state 185/1850. But the Final Result box is empty, so the different Tiers might simply not be displayed.
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited April 2014
    Hmm... the resources dropped from HEs seemed to be nerfed. Hardly get any green or blues resources now... mostly BI and R4 BI enchantment or a pot..
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Black Ice processing tasks return 135 and 1350 Black Ice. Rewards on the overview page state 185/1850. But the Final Result box is empty, so the different Tiers might simply not be displayed.

I'm grateful to finally be able to refine black ice, but also noticed that it says you get 1850 but actually get 1350. Hopefully, this will be resolved.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Not a bug you're seeing the Tier 3 reward for using higher quality assets...
    edited April 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Not a bug you're seeing the Tier 3 reward for using higher quality assets...

Thanks for this clarification :)

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    How can you "stockpile" profession packs? They are 300 ZEN. Now and forever. Stockpile = Saving or what am I missing?

The profession packs are 1600 zen and they were 33% off a week ago.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The profession packs are 1600 zen and they were 33% off a week ago.

Lol hate to say it, you jumped the gun, Black Ice Profession is going to have it own separate profession pack.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Lol hate to say it, you jumped the gun, Black Ice Profession is going to have it own separate profession pack.

Read my previous post.
    edited April 2014
    Read my previous post.

Sorry man...I misquoted the wrong person. However people need to realize that the current profession packs will not be the black ice profession packs.
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My concern around this profession will be in the farming of black ice from the deposits .
    At the moment on preview it's quiet and we can run around looking for these deposits to mine , but when it goes live I can see a lot of player griefing by jumping in ( and mining , without attacking any mobs ) after someone has taken the time to clear mobs from a deposit area .
    Due to the fact that a lowest level deposit can wield 150 black ice ( with some upper levels giving up to 350 ), whereas a low level HE encounter will get you about 75 ( but sometimes with extra profession items ) the majority of folk will tend to farm the deposits in order to get the initial black ice requirements to buy and then craft the armours .
    Hoping that I don't see this occuring , but with human nature the way it is I see it as being a certainty .
    edited April 2014
    Also close to 1,000 black ice (not raw) awarded from daily quest grind.
    edited April 2014
    I initially though HE farming would be the best way to get Black Ice, but with the purple pick and boost you are getting 375 from the 3x nodes so I also expect the competition to be fierce.
    What we also will be likely seeing is HE hopping. Since the reward doesn't seem to be based on how much you contributed, people will touch HEs and move on, gathering the reward once the others will have finished it.
    edited April 2014
    Truesilver Grip Charges don't reduce mining time.
    edited April 2014
    Truesilver Grip Charges don't reduce mining time.

It also does not allow you to use other assets to get better rewards. Only tier 1 reward is available, since no slots.
    edited April 2014
    I initially though HE farming would be the best way to get Black Ice, but with the purple pick and boost you are getting 375 from the 3x nodes so I also expect the competition to be fierce.
    What we also will be likely seeing is HE hopping. Since the reward doesn't seem to be based on how much you contributed, people will touch HEs and move on, gathering the reward once the others will have finished it.

You get less reward for not soloing the lower end HEs haven't noticed on the higher end ones.
    edited April 2014
    Finally got all the armor pieces. ..now time to replenish my supply of black ice and start upgrading.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    EDIT: sorry, my mistake, didn't read patch notes properly :P
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hello Devs and all community members, I've been playing on the preview server with my HR, which btw the new content is beautiful, fun, and extremely challenging! I love everything about it except for one thing..

I was wondering why all the purified and corrupt gear for the HR's does not have critical strike stats on them? and I'm not trying to be an OP or a troll about it.. just wondering why so when critical strike / chance is one of our top 3 stat priorities? especially when it comes to our DPS which I have already seen a reduction in the DPS charts because of this? any valid reason why would be greatly appreciated so that it will help other HR players understand and help us with possible retraining, and stone slotting

I will correct one thing.. there is ONLY 1 Bow, and 1 Blades that has critical that is currently on the preview server.. only 1 of each.. which IMO is pretty fail, and ofc its only a Rare Drop from the random heroic encounters.. (not in black ice crafting either)

This is going to really suck when it goes live, the prices for the bow and blades will be ridiculously overpriced on the AH if they are bound on equip.

but there are 4+ other blades and bows PVP based with Tenacity ( ofc which doesnt have critical either) and (which can be crafted, found in packs, rare drops, and the new Skirmish).. Are we going to see any chance of more then just 1 set of weapons for the HR with critical strike? or other options or opportunities to get them besides the Heroic encounters or future insanely priced on the AH?

There are those of us such as myself that don't care about PVP at all.. so could we possibly see a chance to have more then the minimum for use PVE players? Please???
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dyeslee wrote: »
    You probably want to put that in this thread.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    grr LOL posted in the wrong section again... ok :) will move it to the correct forum thread and ty for the link
    5790248SLdyC.png
    edited April 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    Finally got all the armor pieces. ..now time to replenish my supply of black ice and start upgrading.

I've been playing the preview daily since it went up and still don't have the bracer drop from an HE. Also can't upgrade the armor because I still haven't had the salve and black ice wedge.

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »
    I've been playing the preview daily since it went up and still don't have the bracer drop from an HE. Also can't upgrade the armor because I still haven't had the salve and black ice wedge.

Have you tried the harder ones that require more people? Not completely sure on the drops, people have got it from the remorhaz ones, and epics do drop from the 3-5 man ones, not 100% sure if the arms drop or not.
    edited April 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »

It does not drop from the 2-3 man in Icewind pass or Dwarf valley, However last weeks preview build it does not seem to drop at all. I have done many many in both areas.
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    It does not drop from the 2-3 man in Icewind pass or Dwarf valley, However last weeks preview build it does not seem to drop at all. I have done many many in both areas.

Incorrect. I saw someone get their 2nd arms from remorhaz. Unfortunately he can't get anyone else to queue with him in the skirmish.
    edited April 2014
    Yes the arms are still dropping...for cw at least...from remorhaz. One of my guild mates got his second one. I know that infuriates cayapp...sry dude. I too am anxious to que and have 3 pieces....but not enought in que to do ot.
    edited April 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    Yes the arms are still dropping...for cw at least...from remorhaz. One of my guild mates got his second one. I know that infuriates cayapp...sry dude. I too am anxious to que and have 3 pieces....but not enought in que to do ot.

Hell to be quite honest I have only seen GWF and CW (heard of or grouped with) black ice gear dropping. Now it is even hard to get group for the 4-6 man HE, much less the epic HE.
    edited April 2014
    I've been trying to do loads of encounters. Some people were nice enough to help. I've got quite a few epics and no bracers. The gwf managed to get 6... Wouldn't even need to get it if the queue worked as it should.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I've been trying to do loads of encounters. Some people were nice enough to help. I've got quite a few epics and no bracers. The gwf managed to get 6... Wouldn't even need to get it if the queue worked as it should.

I don't understand the difficulty of adding a vendor who sells corrupt and purified gear so we can actually test not only the epic skirmish but also the set bonuses and the black ice resistance , it's been up for testing for 4 weeks now , not much else we can do if nobody can get the gear we need to do the testing....
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif