test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Gear

Comments

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shunterino wrote: »
    I was wondering this too. Obsolete after a few weeks?

Well, I actually like how GWFs profound gear looks like, and I'm gonna keep it to use for transmutation. So, no, not completely useless XD
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • ontheriverontheriver Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 71 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    But then I took a look at Corrupted and Purified Black Ice armor. They each have the same stats, just a different set bonus.

This will be different in the next build Corrupted and Purified will have a separate focus in their stats. What's more, you won't find the exact same stats on every piece in the set, there are some differences that should open up some decisions for what to wear.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Yes, they may camp, but anyone with enough experience in pvping except a sent cleric can kill him if he dare to camp the blace ice spawn.

Ever heard of guild vs guild?? This will solve the free AD issue to powerful pvp guilds. AND IF many guilds (maybe 10 guilds??) gangbanged EoA, ET, Choco etc.... They can do nothing i believe, if only if they are not fresh 60 and newbies.

I HIGHLY doubt ''average'' guilds could organise themselves to see off the best EOA, ET, Choc, etc have to offer. If either of those guilds put out their best 5 - 10 players in an area then you are not kicking them out. Not by a long-shot.

If anything the high-end guilds would be the ones that would organise among themselves. Big oil-style collusion in PVP. :p
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ontheriver wrote: »
    This will be different in the next build Corrupted and Purified will have a separate focus in their stats. What's more, you won't find the exact same stats on every piece in the set, there are some differences that should open up some decisions for what to wear.
    This is good news! It felt extremely weird to me that the "Offensively based armor" was sitting on exactly the same stats as the defensive one.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    quick question: Is new profound pvp set gonna be usless after realase of the black ice gear?

How many hours do you play each day? Do you have too much time on your hands? Do you have a massive amount of diamonds?

These will determine whether the profound sets should be salvaged or if they are still important to you
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    quick question: Is new profound pvp set gonna be usless after realase of the black ice gear?

Probably yes. It isn't really worth spending that amount of glory.

Its only use if the pve campaign will be long to reach the black ice set and the pvp campaign will be very hard and hundreds will be standing daily on the pvp zone waiting for you to enter....
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1- why do we bother to farm live available new pvp set ?
    2- what will happen to the economy , and specially F2P players who their main AD come from farming t2 sets ?that will be useless !
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Well, I actually like how GWFs profound gear looks like, and I'm gonna keep it to use for transmutation. So, no, not completely useless XD

Already Xmuted my Profound Chest onto my T2 Sentinel Chest so now I have the T2 stats with the T2.5 looks! Im SO glad they came out with T2.5 gear....
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kaedennn wrote: »
    2- what will happen to the economy , and specially F2P players who their main AD come from farming t2 sets ?that will be useless !

Oh this wont be a problem, you can now try and farm companions instead since they will be "BIS" for pvp... /sarcasm

This is something Ive thought of as well, hence why I wish there was a different system. Honestly would rather just have them release new sets of gear and then enable the ability to "empower" ALL current gear...

This gives a point to current profound gear and existing T2 sets... Just my 2 cents
  • wolfzzzzwolfzzzz Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    grimah wrote: »
    Don't like the lack of 2 set bonus, and the combination of it being temporary.

Also do not like how you need this to enter the dungeon. And i wouldn't be suprised if the dungeon didnt even a loot table like the previous modules.

Why not make 4-5 bosses in the dungeon, each dropping a piece. with the zone getting harder and requiring more black ice resistance, and being essential in the final fight.
    Wait, what dungeon? I thought there was no new dungeon planned for this module?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wolfzzzz wrote: »
    Wait, what dungeon? I thought there was no new dungeon planned for this module?

There isn't. It's an epic skirmish, though it requires the Black Ice gear to enter.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There isn't. It's an epic skirmish, though it requires the Black Ice gear to enter.

There's 2 instances too that I didn't even know about till today xD you can get a yeti pet there xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    There's 2 instances too that I didn't even know about till today xD you can get a yeti pet there xD

yes we did not get whole module yet they we still lack new itemization system for all 1-60 items to and many other things will still come and change till live version
  • wolfzzzzwolfzzzz Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, that's what I thought.
  • kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    ...would rather just have them release new sets of gear and then enable the ability to "empower" ALL current gear...

This gives a point to current profound gear and existing T2 sets... Just my 2 cents

This.

Make it so
    /Picard
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kaedennn wrote: »

writing has been on the wall with ever single patch since launch.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kunekaden2 wrote: »
    Tenacity (and power, probably others) just isn't showing decimal increments on preview at the moment. I'm sure it will be fixed in a later update.

ah thanks for the info
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Feedback

So iv'e Checked the bonuses for my Tr/GF/GWF/HR and the standard version/Corrupted version and then purified are all the same, meaning these armors are all for PVP based (after the convert to corrupted via Shaping)

Questions:

1: Why is there no PVE sets? or PVE bonuses? they are ALL the same......
    2: Why is the Damage of the top purified weapons the same as CN weapons which is lower than what we have now?
    3: Do you plan to give the armors different looks when going live (The profound set for GF was a masterpiece on live!)

Hope for a reply.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Feedback

So iv'e Checked the bonuses for my Tr/GF/GWF/HR and the standard version/Corrupted version and then purified are all the same, meaning these armors are all for PVP based (after the convert to corrupted via Shaping)

Questions:

1: Why is there no PVE sets? or PVE bonuses? they are ALL the same......
    2: Why is the Damage of the top purified weapons the same as CN weapons which is lower than what we have now?
    3: Do you plan to give the armors different looks when going live (The profound set for GF was a masterpiece on live!)

Hope for a reply.

I can answer these.

1. These are essentially meant for use in the Icewind Dale campaign, which is largely PvP based. Besides, as I pointed out earlier in the thread, a Profound Chestpiece for a guardian fighter has 1522 stat points in pve, and 1781 in pvp (Because then you include tenacity, which only works on other players). Corrupt/purified black ice gear has 2212 in PvE and 3052 in PvP. Even if you use it as a PvE set, you're not losing anything in terms of raw power.
    2. Because, as it stands, that's top damage. The weapons are still being revised, it's why they're not live yet. They might be changed, they might be kept the same, but the overall increase to your stats will make you be doing better regardless.
    3. As has been commented on by other people, the profound gear on the mannequins is almost guaranteed to be a placeholder. Dardove picked up some black ice gauntlets that have a crystalline pattern, despite no such thing being on rogue profound gear.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    I can answer these.

1. These are essentially meant for use in the Icewind Dale campaign, which is largely PvP based. Besides, as I pointed out earlier in the thread, a Profound Chestpiece for a guardian fighter has 1522 stat points in pve, and 1781 in pvp (Because then you include tenacity, which only works on other players). Corrupt/purified black ice gear has 2212 in PvE and 3052 in PvP. Even if you use it as a PvE set, you're not losing anything in terms of raw power.
    2. Because, as it stands, that's top damage. The weapons are still being revised, it's why they're not live yet. They might be changed, they might be kept the same, but the overall increase to your stats will make you be doing better regardless.
    3. As has been commented on by other people, the profound gear on the mannequins is almost guaranteed to be a placeholder. Dardove picked up some black ice gauntlets that have a crystalline pattern, despite no such thing being on rogue profound gear.

Cheers for the reply m8.

Question 1 - not loosing anything is fine but the bonuses per class should be different even for PVP (Example Roots for HR Stealth for TR , Guard for GF Bonus for Unstoppable for GWF etc etc )

Question 2 - Sure hope your right the bonus for the set of weapons is ok but would prefer something more class specific,

Question 3 - Make sense i guess sure hope they got some killer designers working on the Design skins,
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    why dont u allow us to improve old gear with black ice to if u do then we would still have use of dungeon and this coud make more ppl to play active and give them something to do
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    What is to stop profound gear from being completely useless? It just came out not too long agho, took on avg about 100 hrs of pvp to get a full set (including wait times, trust me, its an accurate number, not pulled out of a hat) and now it seems black ice is way better in all respect.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It will take you even longer to get the black ice gear. So don't fret.
    edited March 2014
    Can anyone explain what empowering the black ice gear actually means? What does the gear look like when it is not empowered? Are there different levels of empowerment?
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    AND NO THESE ZONES ARE NOT MEANT TO BE MAINLY PVP

The gear itself as said by a dev is for both PvE and PvP...and so it has tenacity. Been stated numerous times.

THe stats are are not final or even correct. Been stated numerous times.

One fo the last comments on Friday by a developer is that what we are seeing ( appearance) is going to change.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We do not yet know the skins.

Empowering is sort of kin to refining except as you use the gear in combat it loses empowerment points and reverts to lesser stats when fully discharged. YOu empower the gear with Refine Black Ice.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    Can anyone explain what empowering the black ice gear actually means? What does the gear look like when it is not empowered? Are there different levels of empowerment?

Watch this video from about 14 minutes onward's and you get a rough idea of what the black ice system is like , they are speaking Russian but if you watch what is happening it is easy to follow .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHA0p85bBEM you also get a look (well a distant look ) at how the HR empowered gear looks although nobody knows if that is the final look , we should get the new stats and looks when the patch is added later today or tomorrow , the manikins in Caer Konig will be wearing the black ice gear for each class.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ontheriverontheriver Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 71 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Black Ice Empowerment will not change the appearance of the items, you will be able to tell when you look at your character sheet which items are empowered, and the degree to which they are enhanced. There isn't a visual effect on the actual gear you wear, though.
    edited March 2014
    I was referring to stats and or bonuses, not the actual "look" of the gear...but you bring up a good point...hmmm....
    edited March 2014
    The correct stats and bonuses will be in the next build. Hopefully that'll be pretty soon.