Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Gear

Comments

• Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oxydum wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. However, what I meant was If we could disable the empowerment for doing lower content like dailies or helping our guildbros with their t1 dungeons.

By his words above, that'd be a no, but nothing's stopping you from crafting a second set of the armor. However, remember, that we're talking hours of empowerment at a time that only ticks down in combat. It lasts quite a while because of that.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    IS this gear, at its lowest decay value, hands above profound? Can it be used in domination?
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    IS this gear, at its lowest decay value, hands above profound? Can it be used in domination?

What did you think when you looked at it on the preview server?
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Does nobody read my comparisons?

Yes. The corrupted and/or purified black ice gear is statistically equivalent to a Profound armor set in pvp, even when it's out of pvp (Tenacity makes the differnce).
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    No they just want us to lead them like sheep and tell them what is BIS and what is not.

And no they can not be bothered to read. I am starting to get tired of answering the same questions over and over Harnel.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wish we could empower old gear to:(
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I LOVE how the black ice gear on the mannequins looks , looks straight up hardcore lol ,probably not to everyone's taste but I like it lol , one suggestion , put class names above each mannequin to make it obvious how each classes armor looks ?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I LOVE how the black ice gear on the mannequins looks , looks straight up hardcore lol ,probably not to everyone's taste but I like it lol , one suggestion , put class names above each mannequin to make it obvious how each classes armor looks ?

Was just coming to this thread to suggest the same thing.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    Does nobody read my comparisons?

Yes. The corrupted and/or purified black ice gear is statistically equivalent to a Profound armor set in pvp, even when it's out of pvp (Tenacity makes the differnce).
    cayapp wrote: »
    No they just want us to lead them like sheep and tell them what is BIS and what is not.

And no they can not be bothered to read. I am starting to get tired of answering the same questions over and over Harnel.

Classy peeps.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Classy peeps.

Your Question has been answered a number of times. Please use search.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    am i the only one who would like to see movment and lifesteel changed to some more ofensive stat like power,crtic,recovery?we will get currpted sets with it if noone except me says it is bad :(
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    am i the only one who would like to see movment and lifesteel changed to some more ofensive stat like power,crtic,recovery?we will get currpted sets with it if noone except me says it is bad :(

I'd like them to remove movement and life steal from that gear completely. Furthermore, movement should not be a replacement of stats, it should be an addition. If you want movement to be on that gear - ok, go on, but please, don't replace useful stats with it.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    warpet wrote: »

I stated the exact same thing and agree whole heartedly! But since I am a CW I just get a whole lot of "nerf him...nerf him now" instead of comstructive feedback. The Corrupted set causes any CW (and other classes from what I have seen) to go back to the drawing board and re shuffle stats that I personally put a lot of effort, time, and real money into perfecting. I would love to see some more recovery and power on the new sets myself.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Well I made Purified Helms and Boots just a bit ago and fully empowered them. I do not have the arms as they are a drop and not gotten them, and the chest is a rank 3 profession task.

I think the reputation needed for rank 3 of the Black Ice Scuplting profession is too long, as there is no way to shorten it from 35 days. Suggesting maybe 200 Reputation so instead of 350. 200 Reputation will take 20 actual days of playing while 350 Reputation will take 35 days of doing the dailies for reputation.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Well I made Purified Helms and Boots just a bit ago and fully empowered them. I do not have the arms as they are a drop and not gotten them, and the chest is a rank 3 profession task.

I think the reputation needed for rank 3 of the Black Ice Scuplting profession is too long, as there is no way to shorten it from 35 days. Suggesting maybe 200 Reputation so instead of 350. 200 Reputation will take 20 actual days of playing while 350 Reputation will take 35 days of doing the dailies for reputation.

You must have been one of the lucky ones that could refine black ice everyday. I have my gloves and boots and will buy the helm tomorrow then start upgrading them to corrupted.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

It does seem weird that kessels retreat unlocks at 20 days but at level 2 ice shaping you can only make 3 pieces of corrupted/purified black ice gear and have to wait till day 35 to be able to craft the 4th piece so that you can enter kessels retreat
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I'd like them to remove movement and life steal from that gear completely. Furthermore, movement should not be a replacement of stats, it should be an addition. If you want movement to be on that gear - ok, go on, but please, don't replace useful stats with it.

Exactly, also why would they replace any stat that gives GS with movement that doesn't give it, it makes no sense. If we have stats like power, crit, rec, def, etc as usual PLUS movement, now that would be great.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    You must have been one of the lucky ones that could refine black ice everyday. I have my gloves anf boots and will buy the helm tomorrow then start upgrading them to corrupted.

They removed the gloves from the vendor so your one of the lucky ones. I have to try and get people to actually go to Dwarven Valley for the larger timed HE for the drop.

Hit me up on the preview server @cayapp
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I cant see the use of the defensive gear, at all. they are pretty bad for any pve character and very small niche for pvp. maybe a hybrid set would be better than a defensive set, specially for already low defense class like cw it is pretty much useless imo.
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    New armor looks decent, but my GF , honestly NEEDS the set bonus movement speed to catch people and get out of the way.

Mobility and overall slowness is his biggest weakness. The profound set relly gives me a boost to not be such a slug, im sad to see its replaced with a movement speed buff that you have to wait 10 seconds after a proc to get and it only last 10 seconds.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I don't know if this is a bug but are we supposed to be able to see the black ice damage resistance buff anywhere when we wear corrupt or purified black ice armor or is it a hidden buff?I was wearing the corrupt helm and corrupt boots and the damage resistance buff didn't appear in my buff bar area thingy.
  • Options
    ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just saw the new cw set using ctrl+j and it looks completely disappointing.
    It seems like in both corrupted and purified sets there is an exaggerated focus on defense and practically no recovery.
    Considering this is cw gear, I fail to see the logic behind it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah the lack of Recovery on Cw gear is strange , the addition of movement as an actual stat on corrupt boots is even stranger , maybe Recovery is stacked onto the jewelry? , look on the bright side , at least we have plenty of defense while we stand about getting hit waiting on skills to recharge and ap to fill xD
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah the lack of Recovery on Cw gear is strange , the addition of movement as an actual stat on corrupt boots is even stranger , maybe Recovery is stacked onto the jewelry? , look on the bright side , at least we have plenty of defense while we stand about getting hit waiting on skills to recharge and ap to fill xD
    Lol...no we have all that movement so that we can hop skip jump and dance around while waiting.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The CW Corrupted Black Ice boots look pretty cool Devs. The Black Ice on the boots look lake carved Dwarven faces. Good job. One down three to go.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    The CW Corrupted Black Ice boots look pretty cool Devs. The Black Ice on the boots look lake carved Dwarven faces. Good job. One down three to go.

You mean this?
    I'd say it's terrible. Cosplay for a Scarecrow convention.

61ad637b-9b02-4f78-94e8-b16e73378669_zps8d14f05e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    You mean this?
    I'd say it's terrible. Cosplay for a Scarecrow convention.

No , that's just the basic black ice gear set , the enhanced gear looks different.
  • Options
    matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bug: Purifed Black Ice Gear
    All purified items have wrong Tenacity value, ex. purified armor - 840 tenacity vs corrupted armor - 196 tenacity.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The black ice accessories say they're BoP, can we make them BoE? So far the last 2 modules have released a lot of BoP items. Keeping drops BoP will make people stick to the old content, get bored and move onto something else. The hardcore audience won't have anything to do once they've done the campaign, which personally I'd rather get it out of the way rather than something I particularly enjoy due to repetitive quests. Players in high end guilds are getting tired of old content and don't replay the new unrewarding content with some of them already moving onto other games or MMOs. There's enough content to maybe keep a lot of people happy for a month, after that it's mostly back to the same old stuff that they've already replayed for so long and will move onto something that gives them new content they can play.

I'd enter the skirmish and see for myself but yeah the empowered black ice gear incorrectly doesn't let me queue and it's hard to get a 3rd piece if not a lot do heroics and the 1 person who I was interested in checking out preview moved onto TESO ):. Plus in icewind they don't seem to spawn so often nowadays.
  • Options
    ontheriverontheriver Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 71 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    Exactly, also why would they replace any stat that gives GS with movement that doesn't give it, it makes no sense. If we have stats like power, crit, rec, def, etc as usual PLUS movement, now that would be great.

We are revising the inclusion of Movement on the black ice items. That stat value will be reallocated to other stats that *do* affect your gearscore.

Thank you so much for your feedback on these items, it has been a great help.