What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Gear

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I wonder if there is a way we can obtain the purified/corrupted gear pieces/sets to test quickly while bypassing the quests? You could add a temporary NPC that can give us extra black ice or the item pieces. The reason I ask this is so that we can test the proc rate, internal cooldown of bonuses and give feedback on those as well.

THis would be HIGHLY recommended. I would really like to test these sets before live. I know they are still in a rough state and the stats are not up to date, BUT! We should be able to test out the procs and what not and give feedback.

Normally gear doesnt require this much since its just stats, but everything in the new mod is proc chance features, which is nice, but does require testing and playing to see if its balanced or not....
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wonder if there is a way we can obtain the purified/corrupted gear pieces/sets to test quickly while bypassing the quests? You could add a temporary NPC that can give us extra black ice or the item pieces. The reason I ask this is so that we can test the proc rate, internal cooldown of bonuses and give feedback on those as well.

So something like this?
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do someone know which slot can purified and corrupt enchants be put?

My guess is to the new T2/T3 set slots but can it be put to rings/necklaces?

I am just wondering will it replace the traditional enchants.
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm pleased to see that my T2 gear doesn't become obsolete from this. I absolutely hate it when I invest time and money into endgame gear only to have the game developer decide "nope, your gear is worthless now, here's the new BiS for your hamster-wheel grind."

The endless hamster wheel is what made me quit my last MMO. Side-grades are good, specializations are good, clear upgrade after clear upgrade is bad.
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »

That sort of idea is exactly what I'm after. In other games I've tested previously there's always built in shortcuts so that real, specific testing can be done and feedback given. People can actually try PvPing in corrupt gear vs normal gear to see if the tenacity/stats are too OP. We can try it in PvE to see how the bonuses perform. Ideally the epic skirmish should be unlocked also already to test the black ice damage resistance etc and give actual feedback on the encounter (right now there won't be enough time to unlock professions, craft items AND unlock skirmish).
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Id MUCH rather test this for an extra week or two than have it go live, have people farm this gear and find out its either completely worthless or completely OP....

I would also LOVE to see diminishing returns on tenacity, test that in PVP and also Zone PVP and see how that fairs... Is it too much? Too little? What affect will that have on crit damage if you have 30-40% reduced crit damage....

Which BTW, 40% tenacity (40% reduction in crit damage) completely negates out 75% crit severity. Maybe thats too much? Maybe its not... We wont know........ And wont know as it is right now.

Dont let something roll out untested and THEN have to re-balance it (cough tenebrous cough) Because typically that just means an OVER nerf and frustrates people who spend tons of time grinding for gear and figuring out a build/enchanting around it just to have it changed because it wasnt tested...
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    With the amount of work involved in actually creating a set of the new gear it would probably be a good idea to make it available to buy outright on the test shard , there is no way to craft the gear to test it unless the module is going to be on test for quite a long time.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't like the lack of 2 set bonus, and the combination of it being temporary.

Also do not like how you need this to enter the dungeon. And i wouldn't be suprised if the dungeon didnt even a loot table like the previous modules.

Why not make 4-5 bosses in the dungeon, each dropping a piece. with the zone getting harder and requiring more black ice resistance, and being essential in the final fight.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    ontheriverontheriver Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 71 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    That sort of idea is exactly what I'm after. In other games I've tested previously there's always built in shortcuts so that real, specific testing can be done and feedback given. People can actually try PvPing in corrupt gear vs normal gear to see if the tenacity/stats are too OP. We can try it in PvE to see how the bonuses perform. Ideally the epic skirmish should be unlocked also already to test the black ice damage resistance etc and give actual feedback on the encounter (right now there won't be enough time to unlock professions, craft items AND unlock skirmish).

We are currently looking to add a temporary vendor to make the black ice gear available more easily. We do want people to test the profession, but we recognize that we need to short-cut the time required to collect the gear necessary to test some of the harder content. I'm working on trying to get that in the next build.
  • Options
    ontheriverontheriver Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 71 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    grimah wrote: »
    Don't like the lack of 2 set bonus, and the combination of it being temporary.

The 4-piece sets should also have the extra 2 part bonus in the next build.

(Also, I really enjoyed The Silence of Haydenwick - great job!)
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ontheriver wrote: »
    We are currently looking to add a temporary vendor to make the black ice gear available more easily. We do want people to test the profession, but we recognize that we need to short-cut the time required to collect the gear necessary to test some of the harder content. I'm working on trying to get that in the next build.

Could you do this for every module test?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Ontheriver , is there any chance you could clear up some concerns that have just come to light regarding the black ice shaping profession here please? http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635431-Official-Feedback-Thread-Black-Ice-Shaping-Profession/page5
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Could you do this for every module test?

That would be great. The image I linked to earlier is of Debugger, an npc that only exists on Champion Online's playtest server and has there is new stuff to test, what he sells changes. He can also change you to specific levels and sell you random gear.
  • Options
    kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Empowered Black Ice gear has far too much tenacity. With a full set, players will have around 33% tenacity in total (including base 10%).

In my opinion, a +10%-20% increase in tenacity over profound gear would still make it very appealing.
    An increase of over 400% is just ridiculous.

EDIT: And fyi, I have mapped the tenacity equation, so I do know what I am talking about.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Looks like they nerfed tenacity for the new module. I copied a character from live with 18.7 pvp resist from live. With the exact same amount of tenacity on the preview it is 18% resist.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just to add for TR's. A set with some deflection would be nice. I know this is a big part of some tankier TR builds. The more recovery the better. Also since the trend is to shy away from adding stealth to TRs. (which I get) how about some bonus to put us in combat advantage while out of stealth. Gives incentive to go non perma and keeps us viable in pve.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah give us a stat bugged like combat advantage pls. You know charisma and feats about combat advantage dont work at all?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Does someone know what is corrupted/purified enchantment slots?
    Will new corrupted/purified enchantments go to regular offense/defense slots?
    Or only to to new black ice gear?
  • Options
    kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    Looks like they nerfed tenacity for the new module. I copied a character from live with 18.7 pvp resist from live. With the exact same amount of tenacity on the preview it is 18% resist.

Tenacity (and power, probably others) just isn't showing decimal increments on preview at the moment. I'm sure it will be fixed in a later update.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Does someone know what is corrupted/purified enchantment slots?
    Will new corrupted/purifiedenchantments go to regular offense/defense slots?
    Or only to to new black ice gear?

They said they are releasing updated versions of the black ice gear next patch so hopefully we will find out then , I was wondering the same thing for the enchantments we can craft.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    They said they are releasing updated versions of the black ice gear next patch so hopefully we will find out then , I was wondering the same thing for the enchantments we can craft.

greater lvl corrupted have chance to improve power by 800 when deal damage
    greater lvl puruifed got chance to improve def and restore some hp wehen recive damage
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    greater lvl corrupted have chance to improve power by 800 when deal damage
    greater lvl puruifed got chance to improve def and restore some hp wehen recive damage

No he means where to slot them , on the enchantment it says ''corrupt enchantment slot'' so the guy I was replying to wants to know if the new gear will have a new type of enchantment slot , look : j8n6zX6.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yes I was wondering shall i drop all of my R9 enchantments and get ready for farming new enchatments...

But my guess is even if this is the case not worth to replace all old enchantment with new ones.
    If RNG doesn't give you the chance you stand there with 0 defense and w/o Damage resistance every mob will one-shot you!

Not to mention it will ruin Gear score I guess so it will be harder to lfg...

Edit: found it! Its on the hlemet/gloves. Guess new enchantments goes only two slots!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »

Edit: found it! Its on the hlemet/gloves. Guess new enchantments goes only two slots!

Oh cool , I just quickly scrolled over the weapons and body armor so I must have missed seeing them , so the corrupt slots replace utility , that's quite a good idea although I'll miss my feywild enchants :<
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Oh cool , I just quickly scrolled over the weapons and body armor so I must have missed seeing them , so the corrupt slots replace utility , that's quite a good idea although I'll miss my feywild enchants :<

Corrupt/Purified slots don't replace Utility, they are additional on Gloves/Helmet.

luN35FV.png
  • Options
    barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    quick question: Is new profound pvp set gonna be usless after realase of the black ice gear?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Corrupt/Purified slots don't replace Utility, they are additional on Gloves/Helmet.

luN35FV.png

Thats even better :>
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »

luN35FV.png

This is correct!
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Alright, so I just did some comparisons. Remember, these aren't terribly indicative of combat effectiveness, as these are just lump sums.

Profound Armor of the Conquerer (just the chestpiece) has the following stats
    297 power, 397 recovery, 642 defense, 186 deflection, 259 tenacity. That's 1522 stat points in PvE, and 1781 in pvp, thanks to Tenacity. It's the highest lump sum stats in the live game for a GF's chestpiece.

Basic Black Ice armor, though?
    217 Recovery, 910 defense, 448 deflection, 217 lifesteal. 1792 stat points, not adjusted between PvE or PvP.

But then I took a look at Corrupted and Purified Black Ice armor. They each have the same stats, just a different set bonus.
    1092 defense, 630 deflection, 490 lifesteal, 840 tenacity. That's 2212 in PvE, 3052 in PvP. Not empowered at all either, since I couldn't rate that, as I don't yet know the mechanics of it. It also gives percentile resistance against Black Ice Damage, 11% for the chestpiece.

But, uh, yeah. Wow. I wouldn't say this is a bad thing, as it puts the Corrupted or purified gear at the end of a very long grind only the most dedicated will manage, but holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Anybody wearing a full set of that will be seriously powerful. No doubt when empowered, they'll walk as a god.
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    quick question: Is new profound pvp set gonna be useless after release of the black ice gear?

I was wondering this too. Obsolete after a few weeks?

Wouldn't it have been better to make black ice convert current gear into corrupt/purified version? That way people could keep the stuff they only just grinded and add to it. Seems very short-term thinking.