Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Gear

Comments

• Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Already Xmuted my Profound Chest onto my T2 Sentinel Chest so now I have the T2 stats with the T2.5 looks! Im SO glad they came out with T2.5 gear....

LoL **** I laugh so hard on this one.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ontheriver wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you've had a chance to look at the new stat allocations, but there should be no lifesteal or armor pen on the DC gear in these sets.
    Life steal is on the base black ice gear for the DC (and GF), and if my hastily scribbed table is correct armour pen is on the base DC gear and the tier 2 corrupt icon. Not sure how much of this is intended.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm not sure if you've had a chance to look at the new stat allocations, but there should be no lifesteal or armor pen on the DC gear in these sets. They do in fact have recovery, crit, and power, I believe.

Well, the base Black Ice DC gear has quite a lot of AP and LS, but that is not really relevant, as few people would want to wear that anyhow. As for the Corrupted and Purified sets, yes - the unwanted AP and LS is indeed gone, except from the Corrupted Icon, which still has some AP.

I did criticize the original gear quite a bit, but the reworking is much more sensible for DCs - perhaps a tad too much Regeneration and too little power, but that is easily fixed with enchants - it has been harder to add Regen, so I actually like this. I already have over 1200 Regeneration when wearing my High Prophet or Miracle Healer sets, so switching to the Purified Black Ice set would give me some flexibility that I am lacking at the moment.

Overall, a nice change.....however....

The sets are clearly primarily meant for PvP - I think they might be useful for solo PvE, but I cannot see those sets working for group/DD PvE. So, a suggestion for Module 4 - please consider offering DCs at that time a viable upgrade for the (T1) High Prophet set that is currently considered the best option for DCs in a buffing/debuffing role.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    klayl771 wrote: »
    The GWF Corrupted set has no crit rating at all, replace movement with crit rating as it is a dps set.

yeah but we still have few parts with no power on it and gwf is all about power so i would like to see movment replaced with power on graves
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    4 parts set bonus on gwf corrupted gear is underpowerd can u improve it to some 160 power per sec from 80 and pls remove movment buff part and alow us to refresh it

and can u improve 2 part bonus to 450 ap gain from 150 or change it to 450 power or crtic strike or recovery
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    4 parts set bonus on gwf corrupted gear is underpowerd can u improve it to some 160 power per sec from 80 and pls remove movment buff part and alow us to refresh it

and can u improve 2 part bonus to 450 ap gain from 150 or change it to 450 power or crtic strike or recovery

Warpet has a good point. As a CW I have the same issue with the set bonus. Think of it this way, the prevailing wisdom in the CW community is that HV is the best set 1. Because of the possibility of upto a 30% damage bonus for the entire party, and 2. The well balanced stats that allow for optimal use of accessories, enchants, artifacts, and companions. In order to make the Black Ice set an upgrade (and not just a gate to content) the power bonus from the set bonus would have to stack to higher than 4500 and the stats would need to be more balanced due to total lack of recovery.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    Warpet has a good point. As a CW I have the same issue with the set bonus. Think of it this way, the prevailing wisdom in the CW community is that HV is the best set 1. Because of the possibility of upto a 30% damage bonus for the entire party, and 2. The well balanced stats that allow for optimal use of accessories, enchants, artifacts, and companions. In order to make the Black Ice set an upgrade (and not just a gate to content) the power bonus from the set bonus would have to stack to higher than 4500 and the stats would need to be more balanced due to total lack of recovery.

What makes you think that the CW balancing pass won't focuses (amongst other things) on this set? Have a look at what the Devs did and are planning to do to GF sets that they felt are too good. They can't give a better set bonus to CWs on new gear as that would make the class even more dominant, so the obvious choice is to nerf that particular bonus in some fashion.
  • Options
    zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes - we had some scaling issues on stats in this set that weren't caught in the update. Hit Points should be multiplied by 4. This should be in the next update, I think.

What about dmg on t2 weapons? It is now lower than Fomorion and Dread Legion/Fallen Dragon. It should be in line and t3 higher (not much but you know, it is bigger motivation to have higher numbers :) ).
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For DC set bonuses I'd like to see something to help our teammates to survive and deal damage. For the first case, let's say it'd be defensive version of set with bonus such as:

Your healing spells apply a stack of Delayed Healing to your allies. When Delayed Healing reaches 3 stacks, it will heal the recipient for 8% of their maximum health

and offensive like

Attacking an enemy with an encounter power marks them with Weakness. Ally, that hits marked target, will remove the mark, gaining Knowledge of Weakness, that increases their damage by 10% for 10 seconds.

M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    For DC set bonuses I'd like to see something to help our teammates to survive and deal damage. For the first case, let's say it'd be defensive version of set with bonus such as:

Your healing spells apply a stack of Delayed Healing to your allies. When Delayed Healing reaches 3 stacks, it will heal the recipient for 8% of their maximum health

and offensive like

Attacking an enemy with an encounter power marks them with Weakness. Ally, that hits marked target, will remove the mark, gaining Knowledge of Weakness, that increases their damage by 10% for 10 seconds.

This would actually make the sets feasible for PvE as well. The thing about DCs is that they are most useful in a support role - healing, buffing and debuffing. We have T1 and T2 sets with powers that help in that respect, but the Black Ice gear is more about making the DC himself better - not making the team better.

Something like you described would be absolutely wonderful IMO.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I have a request for clarification: Basically, how do the stats for the corrupted and purified gear change depending on whether the gear is "charged" with black ice or not? Could we perhaps get examples of one gear piece and see the actual numbers?
  • Options
    ontheriverontheriver Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 71 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    For comparison, here are the stats for the Guardian Fighter Corrupted helm if its empowerment has been exhausted (zero), when the item is first acquired (standard), and if it is fully empowered (maximum).

Zero Empowerment
    990 HP
    326 Pow
    326 ArP
    310 Def
    99 Ten
    BI Resist = 4%

Standard Empowerment
    1260 HP
    405 Pow
    405 ArP
    310 Def
    126 Ten
    BI Resist = 8%

Maximum Empowerment
    1386 HP
    446 Pow
    446 ArP
    310 Def
    139 Ten
    BI Resist = 10%

Note: these are the stats that will be in the next update. They are currently not like this on Preview, and that has been addressed.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Zero Empowerment
    326 Pow
    326 ArP

Standard Empowerment
    405 Pow
    405 Pow

Maximum Empowerment
    446 Pow
    446 ArP

Is the bolded 405 Pow a typo? I'm guessing it should be 405 ArP.
  • Options
    ontheriverontheriver Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 71 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    Is the bolded 405 Pow a typo? I'm guessing it should be 405 ArP.

Fixed it - thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    No worries.

I'm not at home at the moment so I can't check but is there a difference between the base black ice helm and the zero empowerment corrupted helm? How does this tie in with the purified version, in terms of stats is the base gear a hybrid between corrupt and purified? Once you've chosen corrupted or purified can you switch to the other by letting the empowerment run out?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    No worries.

I'm not at home at the moment so I can't check but is there a difference between the base black ice helm and the zero empowerment corrupted helm? How does this tie in with the purified version, in terms of stats is the base gear a hybrid between corrupt and purified? Once you've chosen corrupted or purified can you switch to the other by letting the empowerment run out?

No, the empowerment simply enhances the stat values on the items. Once you decide to craft the purified or corrupted versions, you can only boost those stats by empowering. If you wanted to switch to the other set, you would have to craft the other version as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you.
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For comparison, here are the stats for the Guardian Fighter Corrupted helm if its empowerment has been exhausted (zero), when the item is first acquired (standard), and if it is fully empowered (maximum).

Zero Empowerment
    990 HP
    326 Pow
    326 ArP
    310 Def
    99 Ten
    BI Resist = 4%
    Standard Empowerment
    1260 HP
    405 Pow
    405 ArP
    310 Def
    126 Ten
    BI Resist = 8%
    Maximum Empowerment
    1386 HP
    446 Pow
    446 ArP
    310 Def
    139 Ten
    BI Resist = 10%

Note: these are the stats that will be in the next update. They are currently not like this on Preview, and that has been addressed.

Aaaah, time for another comparison, since we have a (more) finalized version of the stats ready.

Profound Helm of the Conquerer has the following stats: 255 Power, 255 Recovery, 423 Defense, 120 Deflection, 167 Tenacity. 1053 in PvE, 1220 in PvP, as lump sums.

Unempowered, the Corrupted Black Ice helm here has 1209.5 in PvE, 1318.5 in PvP. Standard Empowerment is 1435 in PvE, 1561 in PvP. Max empowerment is 1548.5 in PvE, 1687.5 in PvP. And this isn't accounting, at all, for Black Ice resistance, or black ice enchantment slots.

Regardless of whether you're using this set at empty or at max, it's a genuine upgrade, stats-wise, from tier 2.5 gear. Set bonuses make the divide more murky.
  • Options
    oxydumoxydum Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can we "disable" the empowerment or once empowered we're stuck with the empowered timer going down?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    oxydum wrote: »
    Can we "disable" the empowerment or once empowered we're stuck with the empowered timer going down?

The empowerment only ticks while you are in combat with the gear equipped. If you are not fighting, or not wearing the gear, it'll remain empowered.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The empowerment only ticks while you are in combat with the gear equipped. If you are not fighting, or not wearing the gear, it'll remain empowered.

Really? Oh, wow, that solves pretty much every issue I have with the empowerment system. Well done guys, seriously.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Nice, quick response, and exactly the data I asked for - thank you. I guess it would be a safe assumption that the percentage increase is similar for other items across all classes, right ?

Good info...thanks.
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm not sure where to ask this, but it's about gear so I picked this thread. Unless I'm losing it, the black ice vendor had for sale a set of 4 pieces...the usual 4. After the patch, the bracers have disappeared and blades are there. The blades and bow may have been there originally, too, but I was positive that bracers were also there. If he doesn't sell bracers then how do we get them?
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure where to ask this, but it's about gear so I picked this thread. Unless I'm losing it, the black ice vendor had for sale a set of 4 pieces...the usual 4. After the patch, the bracers have disappeared and blades are there. The blades and bow may have been there originally, too, but I was positive that bracers were also there. If he doesn't sell bracers then how do we get them?

If you look at the items in the collection system you can see where they all drop , bracers drop from heroic encounters .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Folks there is and will be plenty of time to figure out the black ice gear lol...it will take 35 days to unlock lvl 3 of the black ice profession.

Yes they can and do drop from HEs. However I wish they were not BOP or Account transferrable, or the drop was for your specific class.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Yes they can and do drop from HEs. However I wish they were not BOP or Account transferrable, or the drop was for your specific class.

Or at the very least salvageable ... I got the GF gauntlets and they cannot be salvaged.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Or at the very least salvageable ... I got the GF gauntlets and they cannot be salvaged.

I am okay with them not be salvageable. Gonna need the gold to keep me in potions for mod 3 :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I agree.

There should be a loot table based on class, to prevent people from ending up getting unsalvagable bound gear that they can't use. Whether this is adjusted by making them salvagable, or by making it so that only gear a given player can use drops, I don't particularly care, but gold is something very, very few people need a lot of.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »

Yeah this ^ make black ice gear drops class specific or make black ice gear account bound so we can send to alts, I got the GWF gloves on my CW
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    oxydumoxydum Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Thanks for the reply. However, what I meant was If we could disable the empowerment for doing lower content like dailies or helping our guildbros with their t1 dungeons.