What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: PVP Gameplay

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And this where I try to understand you, but fail miserably.
    It's fair that you use R9's and 1 R10 against my weakly R6 (and 1 R7!) but you think it is unfair to use purple pets. This game is not about "fair" in PvP.
    What's the difference between the active bonus of the purple Frost Mimic and a R10 Azure Enchant?
    Both give +300 defense. (just an example, I know there are more useful pets out there)

The difference is you can have BOTH. Thats the problem (not that you would want more defense)

The biggest issue isnt from +300 points here or "this companion attacks for you" or "tanks for you" the issues are:

1) Iuone(sp?) Stone - grats thousands of stat points - basically like 6 companion stat bonuses in one....
    2) CC resist Companions - grant LARGE amounts of CC resistance. YOu can easily get over 100% resistance to CC just from companions.
    3) PVE potions/stones - This (combined with the fact that you cant CC anyone based on #2) means that the player with the most geared companions, and the most potions wins.

Its no longer a gear game, or even an enchant game, its a potion spamming companion game on who has the best companions for pvp and who has the most stone of healths combined with potions etc....

I have posted before but they keep getting taken down, unfortunately the DEVs will never see real responses from players because posts keep getting removed.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    "The Lillend Healer Companion Returns!"

Oh and BTW, look at the amazing active bonus!

heals summoner 2% every 30 seconds.

But wait! Theres more! AN active ability:

"2s cooldown, 50’ range

Heals the summoner for 1.8% of Max Hit Points."

So lets see... If I have 41.5k HP, 1.8% = 747 HP every 2 seconds?! Nice! Healing Depression cuts that down to 374 every 2 seconds, I regen around 1100-1200 every 3 seconds at max so every SIX seconds ill get

2400+1120 = 3500 HP This is the equiv to 1760 regen ticks which was pretty similar to my PRE-HD regen ticks... Why did we put healing depression in the game?

Might as well just add a "token" from a lockbox - "effect:removes healing depression for 1 hour" CD: 1 hour.

Then people can say "ive invested in lock boxes! Who care about facts, leave it in pvp!!!"
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nhoki wrote: »
    Besides cw is useless against chars with companions 50% control resist
    Besides, a 10k toon with R6 enchants is useless against a 16k perf vorp R10 toon.
    So now there are better possibilites than the race I did choose (or not choose) a year ago to resist cc permanently.
    This does not look terrible to me.
    CWs are ruling PvE at the moment. Do they also have to rule PvP?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Besides, a 10k toon with R6 enchants is useless against a 16k perf vorp R10 toon.
    So now there are better possibilites than the race I did choose (or not choose) a year ago to resist cc permanently.
    This does not look terrible to me.
    CWs are ruling PvE at the moment. Do they also have to rule PvP?

YOu guys are killing me.... CWs are already one of the worst classes in pvp as it is and you want to nerf them more? Tenacity already added alot of CC resist... Just because a class in good in PVE doesnt mean "hey lets nerf them in pvp"

Again, its NOT about a more versus less geared player, its about taking a VERY key portion of the game (Control) and essentially REMOVING it.

Your post is case and point why they need to revisit this, you said about you want to "resist cc permanently" thats clearly just broken....

Ontop of that, the potions are ludicrous!
  • Options
    lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    YOu guys are killing me.... CWs are already one of the worst classes in pvp as it is and you want to nerf them more? Tenacity already added alot of CC resist... Just because a class in good in PVE doesnt mean "hey lets nerf them in pvp"

Again, its NOT about a more versus less geared player, its about taking a VERY key portion of the game (Control) and essentially REMOVING it.

Your post is case and point why they need to revisit this, you said about you want to "resist cc permanently" thats clearly just broken....

Ontop of that, the potions are ludicrous!

you can kick and scream all you want. Unfortunately the devs never listen to the community truely. Tenacity was added as an example. It just sad to see that everyone is screaming on deaf ears.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    you can kick and scream all you want. Unfortunately the devs never listen to the community truely. Tenacity was added as an example. It just sad to see that everyone is screaming on deaf ears.

Yeah thats how I feel, its my last ditch attempt to get their attention...... Companion+PVE potions = no new pvp content in my opinion.... Since it wont even be enjoyable.

Now new pvp content = sick of same 2 domination maps = cant take it anymore.....

I wish they would listen to pvp players and not PVE players here.......
  • Options
    lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah thats how I feel, its my last ditch attempt to get their attention...... Companion+PVE potions = no new pvp content in my opinion.... Since it wont even be enjoyable.

Now new pvp content = sick of same 2 domination maps = cant take it anymore.....

I wish they would listen to pvp players and not PVE players here.......

crazy things is i am a PVE player and i know how messed up this new content is. So much unbalance and no new maps, no pve dungeons. In my view they didnt add anything but unbalance. And the mods will eventually come through and delete all the posts about it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    crazy things is i am a PVE player and i know how messed up this new content is. So much unbalance and no new maps, no pve dungeons. In my view they didnt add anything but unbalance. And the mods will eventually come through and delete all the posts about it.

THis is exactly why I posted over a month ago that you cant just throw out a new zone with pvp in it and call it pvp content, you HAVE to release new pvp maps...

If this game had 2 more game TYPES and like 3-4 more MAPS it would be amazing. Call THAT Module 3
  • Options
    velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »

1. Disable PVE potions once you've got PVP flag.
    2. Disable companions and active bonuses once you've got PVP flag.

I completely agree with these. As I understood it, the entire point of introducing healing depression was so that fights would not last forever. Without HD and with companions, fights will last even longer. Not to mention, the gear gap will be even more pronounced, which will be problematic for the majority of players.

I assume PvE pots will be disabled, since it's just ridiculous at this point.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    velynna wrote: »
    I completely agree with these. As I understood it, the entire point of introducing healing depression was so that fights would not last forever. Without HD and with companions, fights will last even longer. Not to mention, the gear gap will be even more pronounced, which will be problematic for the majority of players.

I assume PvE pots will be disabled, since it's just ridiculous at this point.

Yup! Thanks for your post. More people like us need to wake up and actually start posting more here because there are such a small handful of us that post on the preview forums, I feel like it gives the DEVs a bad representation.... Then you have 1 PVE guy who comes into the PVP gameplay thread and voices his opinion about pets and pots in pvp....

Im not a doctor, would you want my medical advice? I AM an avid pvper- so I would hope my advice would be atleast considered.... If you notice, I hardly post ANYTHING in regards to PVE... Because im not an avid PVE-er - just 2 cents there.

I understand you want to promote pvp flagging WHILE PVEing. Honestly the bigger issue needing addressing is balance IN the pvp area.

I can understand having ONE pet active during pvp at MOST (although completely against that due to the stone) but seriously PVE pots/stones etc NEED to go, and the ability to have a ton of "active pet bonuses" and you can BUY even more active pet slots?!?!? FORREAL?!

If you REALLY want to make all this "fair" either make ONLY pvp pots work in the entire zone - since it is a pvpish zone (PVE-ers will whine)

OR - release a NEW potion purchased via black ice that works in the zone, disable ALL other potions (due to some issue they dont work near black ice - or w.e) Then you have ONE potion on CD that works for PVP and PVE, stones- dont work, rejuv pots - dont work etc...

THEN, if your flagged for pvp companions are disabled.
    - This WORKS because now PVP is balanced and almost NOONE will solo-zone pvp thats just asking for it.

Even serious PVP-ers (like myself) before I want to go do any serious PVE content, im already going to "unflag" myself, you allowing me to have pets and pve pots WHILE flagged isnt enough incentive to make me want to PVE with my PVP flag on.

The entire "purpose" you are allowing this will not work... Why take the risk of being flagged for no extra reward?

Unless im running with a big group - ill stay flagged to grief people which would happen with our without pets...

Anyway you slice this, to accomplish people PVE-ing WHILE flagged - Companions AND PVE pots wont have ANY affect on it.

ALL it does it make people NOT want to pvp
  • Options
    galaxy1045galaxy1045 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why PvE Pots?

I was handling some Critters in the PvE area (still flagged PvP) and was in a steady state of gnawing them down, sustaining myself with Lifesteal and potions.
    During this I got attacked by another player, who flagged me for PvP and my lifesteal went down the drain. Just flagging me seemed enough.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's a neat idea regarding having black ice healing potions.

Unless they're making major changes to the companion interface, all available active companion slots are now automatically unlocked through levelling and the cash shop option to buy early unlocks of the level 30 and 60 slots is irrelevant to Icewind Dale. So that, at least, doesn't need to be a concern.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That's a neat idea regarding having black ice healing potions.

Unless they're making major changes to the companion interface, all available active companion slots are now automatically unlocked through levelling and the cash shop option to buy early unlocks of the level 30 and 60 slots is irrelevant to Icewind Dale. So that, at least, doesn't need to be a concern.

I think "black Ice Healing Potions" would be the best way to fix this... Unfortunately its another potion to have, but this would allow you to disable all the other healing potions/stones etc...

You can even give this potion a shorter CD if youd like to make it MORE pve friendly, but having just 1 potion is going to be the key, heck you can even hand out some of these with the daily quests as further incentive to do those, even after your done with the campaign.

I know healing depression will be on the PTR, counting ALL "active companions" is just broken... a MAX of 1 companion bonuses is a must, and even then I would HIGHLY recommend not doing that...
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't see much of a difference to the current play style.
    e.g. one 16k GWF destroying a whole team of 5 10k blues within seconds and so on.
    You might want to argue that matchmaking prevents this (some forum posts might indicate that this is not the case) but in the end in open PvP there will be no matchmaking and a few that dominate the area, be it individuals or PvP guilds.

As such I don't see much of a difference if there are pets or no pets. But at least I can get a little boost from my pets now. Maybe even some CC resist.
    And for a CW crying that he can not control a GWF halfling ... one can not win every encounter, no? Maybe the CW has to pick a weaker target like a DC. Consider the GWF halfling just wearing R12's or whatever.

As it is now, if I pick up a certain combination of pets(which are already well known to people on the PTR), I will be totally unkillable, totally un CCable and also be able to kill players who attack me without even swinging my sword. Skill? Pssh...who needs that when I've got stupidly powerful companions and more HP than dracolich.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Has anyone tried tenacity gear on their stone? Maybe this has been asked and I missed it but does it count as an augment stat in this new zone? I would hope not since only dcs have access to the icon. I haven't been in that zone to test, sorry.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    scozzers wrote: »
    Has anyone tried tenacity gear on their stone? Maybe this has been asked and I missed it but does it count as an augment stat in this new zone? I would hope not since only dcs have access to the icon. I haven't been in that zone to test, sorry.

Not working for me tried a Profound neck, Tenacity remained the same.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Not working for me tried a Profound neck, Tenacity remained the same.

Thnx
    "The Lillend Healer Companion Returns!"

Oh and BTW, look at the amazing active bonus!

heals summoner 2% every 30 seconds.

This is on use of daily btw, not all the time and it's allies not just summoner. It basically happens once per daily as long as those dailys are 30 secs or more apart.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    my regen doesnt tick after death (SF proc or res i think)
  • Options
    sanesjkasanesjka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So My Post with ACT Parsing Showing Broken Grandmasters Rejuvinating Swiftness...
    BROKEN...

This HR took over 1 million damage From Duelists Flurry, Lashing Blade and Shocking Execution and His healing kept him on pace so he could never go below 50 % health.

He used a Deflect Build taking advantage of companions and Potions.

Companions and PvE potions do not belong in PvP

http://s16.postimg.org/bs1zj5en9/Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg
  • Options
    calous78calous78 Banned Users Posts: 95
    edited March 2014
    Lol how did I know it was Rev the second I started reading :P

Seriously though I don't see a problem here, especially since I'll be grouped with Rev most of the time.
  • Options
    instantjaksinstantjaks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2014
    Great! It'll be *almost* like playing pokémon..!(?)
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    calous78 wrote: »
    Lol how did I know it was Rev the second I started reading :P

Seriously though I don't see a problem here, especially since I'll be grouped with Rev most of the time.

Posts like this (no offense though) tell me something is fundamentally wrong. People that like the system don't even try to justify it (because they can't?), they just rub their hands with glee.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Tenacity from Vital Belt of Smiting doesn't seem to be counting on preview.

DC cycle of change re-work seems backwards. Offensive encounters give life stacks and protective encounters give death stacks. If this is intended please confirm so.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Posts like this (no offense though) tell me something is fundamentally wrong. People that like the system don't even try to justify it (because they can't?), they just rub their hands with glee.

Hey guys dont worry! HRs just got some nice buffs because they werent good enough in PVE...

You know how people always say "your PVP is affecting me PVE" well looks like it goes both ways...

But yeah something needs to be done here.... I think starting with companions.....

Kudos to the "Healing depression makes you unable to use PVE pots" but you can bet there will be TRs stealthing spamming health stone until it pops...

But HRs seem to be the best of all worlds... More CC than a CW, more burst than a TR/GWF more tanky than a GF/GWF.... Not much they cant do except heal others...
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    companions in new pvp zone is awesome!
    this feature allows us to enjoy new additions to pvp without newfs..
    brilliantly done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Suggestion

Since the thread is suited to this i would like to know if P.V.P will be taken away at some point, So the game can actually flourish , lets be honest after seeing all the PVP matches on the other games that are out there and what we have here its pretty much not about Skill or Gear to a great extent its basically one of 3 things

Who can C.C/Stun the most Who can stay invisible the longest, and also the favorite, Who can Run away the Most

The Person Vs Person Part cant really play much part if your C.C fr 7-9 seconds and dead
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But HRs seem to be the best of all worlds... More CC than a CW, more burst than a TR/GWF more tanky than a GF/GWF.... Not much they cant do except heal others...

They actually can.
    Hey guys, we just finalized the list of changes (that I believe will be hitting next Friday, but that is subject to change). I will update the OP as well so feel free to look there for updates in the future.

The changes we are making next week are as follows.
    • Oakskin: Healing increased by 150%.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I agree that the companions do not belong to pvp. Neither does pve potions and health stones. They will (hopefully) fix all that before this goes to live. Already fixed potions and healing depression. Also gentlemancrush said there was a series of bugs happening on preview with the HR set-bonus so it procced from sources where it shouldn't have and was able to crit, and they are going to fix it too. So no reason to worry.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I really like the idea with these. My problem is that currently, they encourage NOT turning in the daily. My idea would be to instead make their activation consume one scroll and not consume the scrolls when turning in the daily. You could even make the scrolls drop even when not on the daily to make it even more interesting.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.