What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: PVP Gameplay

Comments

• Options
    trterror1trterror1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Im not opposed to twinking in pvp but there need to be some balance.
    Please consider disabling weapon enchants in low level pvp or make them scale appropiatly to the level bracket.
    Please make artifact effect scale to level.
    I don't play CW in pvp but all they are able to do is damage thanks to the tenacity gear. When GWF's hit the 30-39 bracket they can control far better than CW's. Buffing their force choke would be nice.
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i would like to see the companions in pvp thing in action before i voice any opinions about it. whether this would give companion collectors any real advantage over any hardcore pvp'er really would remain to be seen... but since the game is far from focused on solely any one dynamic, it would prove to be interesting to say the least. i like this kind of immersion of entering into a player-hostile area with my companions and having fun and as long as there are no major imbalances which could be used by unsavory characters to grief other players. i'm looking forward to testing this out.

In its current situation, i just let a rogue flurry me once, i stood there, he died.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    trterror1 wrote: »
    Im not opposed to twinking in pvp but there need to be some balance.
    Please consider disabling weapon enchants in low level pvp or make them scale appropiatly to the level bracket.
    Please make artifact effect scale to level.
    I don't play CW in pvp but all they are able to do is damage thanks to the tenacity gear. When GWF's hit the 30-39 bracket they can control far better than CW's. Buffing their force choke would be nice.

You posted this in the wrong thread , this thread is for feedback on the lvl 60 open pvp areas in IWD and feedback on the factions .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In its current situation, i just let a rogue flurry me once, i stood there, he died.

Is this an exaggeration or for real? Even with all redirecting pets the amount of damage needed for suicide is pretty high?
  • Options
    trterror1trterror1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    You posted this in the wrong thread , this thread is for feedback on the lvl 60 open pvp areas in IWD and feedback on the factions .

Might as well post it here.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Is this an exaggeration or for real? Even with all redirecting pets the amount of damage needed for suicide is pretty high?

I wouldn't say its an exaggeration. I only had a greed Renegade Evoker and the Fey Thistle boon and asked a TR to just duelist flurry me; the result was he lost about 75% hp the first attempt by the time I died. I had only 30k hp which is nothing compared to other GWF. There is still the blacksmith (which you can upgrade to epic) and the Renegade Evoker to upgrade to epic and I don't see any exaggeration.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Ok, so we are talking about a series of DFs. It first sounded like the TR died of ONE.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok, so we are talking about a series of DFs. It first sounded like the TR died of ONE.

In my case, yes, since I'm not a high hp and/or survival geared GWF. The GWF reaching way higher hp literally would be able to take anything and kill them.
  • Options
    leegyleegy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4
    edited March 2014
    If this game were full open world pvp u guys wil ask for remove companons from the game? i agree on not let domination have pets thats a form of pvp that promoves more team play and skill but in open wold? realy? why not remove mobs? they have cc that u can use to ur advantage and othe usefull things u can use to ur advantage.

I don see any prioblem in ppl have other slots to further refine stats since averyboddy can have the same thing and costumise it as they please.

on the other syde i agree that all grind for gear, pets upgrade, pets lvl up, enchant's, and now black ice empowered gear is promoting gap betwin ocasional players and other players.

until now i had no use for pets and w this changes im gona finaly have use for them.. plz dont remove this feature just whats for some combos the can make some classes more powefull

sorry my bad english
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I really don't mind pets included in PVP either way.

PVP in this game has always been haves vs the have-nots.

Sometimes, the haves got 8 hours a day to play the game, sometimes they have rank 10s and perfects.

At least there is nothing to be gained in this wild west open world PVP so I mind the imbalance much less.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i have been testing for the past few days and my results are the same.
    I love the pvp with companions!
    Step on the summoned companion and its gone until combat ends!
    This new aspect of pvp is amazing!
    It would be nice if we had an option to male companions wait at a location instead pf always follow us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As a PvE player, I would like to thank the devs for making the PvP border more visible and updating the PvP flagging warning so that other PvE players will be less likely to get flagged by accident. Though I must say the wording looks a bit familiar....
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wonder what the Ghostly Possession power from the Ghost Companion will do? Possess other pets? Summoned Minions like TBoD? or actual players? Would player just be cced and die or would they actually attack their own?
  • Options
    deadshadows86deadshadows86 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well i don't know if its intended, but i've dc IN the pvp zone, then i log back, i'm not flagged for pvp ...

I was in icewind pass at the top left of the pvp zone, just got flagged then i was near the border ...

Maybe, making anything moving in the zone be flagged again (for the one who lost connection not beeing flagged as they come back ?)

(I dont know if it's already been said or not but i'll post it anyways)
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    After obtaining enough scrolls there was no clickable "monoliths" activated in Dwarven Valley to activate the golems in order to finish quest. I was able to finish quest by going to Icewind Pass where the "monoliths" were activated.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    PvP needs more Black Ice Nodes

Rolf gives a quest requiring players to gather 500 black ice. Each node gives 150 base. I was the only player on the PvP map, but there wasn't enough black ice to complete the quest. I had to wait for the same 3 nodes to respawn. With multiple players this will be nightmarish. Please increase the number of nodes.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Remember that you also get black ice from HEs. 75-150.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    except the quest specifically states Black Ice from PvP areas. HEs don't count.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Sry thought you were talking about the daily...my bad.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Does this Motherload thing work?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Does this Motherload thing work?

I spent a couple of hours in the dwarf valley the day before yesterday and it didn't start once ,it is meant to begin every hour? , maybe there needs to be so many players from each side in a zone before it starts?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ipwnu1ipwnu1 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2014
    Having comp active bonuses/companion presence enabled in pvp so far has been a bad experience. On my pvp spec'd char I have about 2k less stats than on my pve specced one with more companions, It gives a really crazy advantage which I don't like. I think I know what you are doing there cryptic... Just don't- the separation is already massive between the groups why make it even greater?
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So.. coming back from a small break. Is it still the case that you can get 100%+ CC resist now? I mean I know you can, but is this still true for the open pvp areas? I'm the first one to ask for CW nerfs for pve, but this thing would be a HUGE hit for pvp CWs and generally just very limiting for everyone as those two companions will be a must to have. I guess nerf those bonuses for pvp or something, everyone running with 2 same companions and completelly ignoring CC isn't very nice or challenging. It it still the case?
  • Options
    vektoriozvektorioz Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Consider balancing the battlefield itself as well.Maybe a blanket buff in a colored area of the map.A tower or citadel would also provide some type of bonus for each of the factions.It would encourage more people to actually enter the area.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Players continuously ask for more PVP maps - Zone pvp is cool, but ruined with companions. I dont understand the reluctance to input more actual pvp MAPS - people have been asking for SO long and I really find it hard to believe it would be THAT time consuming to do....
  • Options
    shiikuushiikuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2014
    there should be an option to remove weapon/armor enchants for free/smaller cost but leave them char/account bound
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The problem with companions is they are very costly. Things like enchantments are also costly but they aren't bound to characters. I think if companions weren't bound to characters people wouldn't have issues with using companions in PvP.
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I think all the gear should be account bound rather than character bound. I have been crying so many times when I have been forced to sell obsolete rings and other items that I have paid really much and are selling just for scraps, that would be really good for second character.

Also changing enchants and runes shouldn't never cost more than 1 gold, because that effectively removes any possibilities to start to adapt your gear based on opposition and situations.

So far I haven't seen any companion bonuses to be the deciding factor in the open pvp. Currently seems that most of the time the side which has fielded more people has the advantage and clears the floor, exception being when there is some particularly well playing team which is able to snipe one by one the larger side.

My only real problem with the open pvp has been that it is many times much more fun than I can really afford it to be, as the injury kits aren't really cheap and in the larger hectic battles they are consumed like cheap ale and when you are playing more pvp, you aren't running encounters, skirmishes or dungeons where the gold flows in...
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Players continuously ask for more PVP maps - Zone pvp is cool, but ruined with companions. I dont understand the reluctance to input more actual pvp MAPS - people have been asking for SO long and I really find it hard to believe it would be THAT time consuming to do....

Meh, regular PVP is ruined with pots/elixirs and food buffs as well.

Its an arms race you see. If you can't keep up, get to the back of the line