What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: PVP Gameplay

Comments

• Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So you're saying that you allowed PVE pots and companions because people will do both PVP and PVE and feel bad not having PVE pots and companions while they do PVE with PVP flag? Pls.
    mehguy138 wrote: »

Also, there should be an option to remove PVP flag. Add it to the right click self portrait menu, name it "Remove PVP flag" or whatever. After you click this option, you'll be warned that you will lose PVP flag after 5 minutes if you don't attack players during this time.

In every game I played so far, I was trying to be pure PVP player. Even in Neverwinter the only thing I do is PVP domination on different characters and occasional GG. And I can sure you, that with PVE potions, companions and injuries on death when killed by a player I will stay away from this PVP as much as I can.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    dangerzone91dangerzone91 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, today I tested the morning with my friend, he sylph + will + 20% tenacity, i used 15 repels, only 3 worked, Entangling force a joke ! .... Please do not post these insane bonus, imagine the GWF with stone focus HP + bear + Moonshae etcs etcs. Artifact +1200 / +1200 artifact .... 55k ~ 60k easy!. 5k + tenacity .... maybe 40% reduc CC, 40% dmg reduc. My humble opinion abount companions .
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    From what i tested so far, my impression is this:

The area is designed to give a choice: you can PvE normally, or you can choose to get flagged and allow other players to "interfere".

When i "hybrid" mode, PvP in this area is different. With normal HP pots active, 1v1s are not likely to bring any good to anyone. Alone, unless the enemy sucks, it's harder to take another player down. Waste of time. 2v1 more easy, but can require too much time. Everything seems to be made for Group play. With HP pots active and, it seems to me, healing depression not active, swarming an enemy is the most efficient, if not the only way, to take down the opposite faction. Traveling alone is not safe since here there are not just 5 enemies. You can come across packs of 10 or more enemies. Players from the opposite factions can engage in 10v10 battles or more. In these battles, it's also important to correctly focus enemies, since as mentioned above, survivability here is much higher than in PvP arena.

It's important to do not think at PvP in the Icewind Dale zone as the Arena PvP. It's different. Can't say about companions, but normal HP pots and increased survivability is a key element, considering you will face more than 5 enemies in large scale battles.
    Here, also, players can organize in huge groups. This means a BiS player going there alone or with few friends, could get swarmed by 20 "normal" lvl 60 friends going there together.

This leads to what could be an issue: top guilds organizing and going there with 20 members of the same faction, can basically negate the access to any other Group. Still, if there are 50 players or more together, they could get swarmed.

This leads to another concern: lag. PvP requires timing and focus. I can see much more players than we have now, going all together in this area. You could end up with 100 players around, or more, when on live. Hope the devs are taking this into account. When you PvP, you should have less lag.

- rework TR stealth befor going live with this. In this open world environment, with no points to hold, a perma TR is basically a god. Can evade forever since there is no point to hold, and no way for the opponent to know where he is hiding. Perma stealth in a open map is too much of an easy mode, if you ask me.

- If you are flagged, you should get no injury upon Death. Players who choose to get flagged and become a target for other players, should at least get this much. Even if they get flagged only to be able to PvE and die with no penalty, it's still a risk they take, since the enemy can attack them anytime. So they should get this "bonus".
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stone companion can be seen while in stealth. Pve pots and injuries have to go
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is a lot of great feedback here.

Companions in PVP-
    For now the companions and the bonuses will remain on for this open PVP. When looking at the various types of PVP offerings we realized that this would be different than domination. The PVP gameplay in this next update is a lot different than domination. This is an area we are going to be watching the most.

As a side note, I understand that any competent pvp player will not be hosting pet battles while engaged in active PVP battles but I wonder if there is some emergent gameplay possible where players summon their pets to watch them fight. Maybe after the large battle is won and a company or warriors, sitting on a pile of bodies, can have a laugh as a Leprechaun and a Sprite battle it out. Place your... well you get it.

Listen to your testers. Literally ever single bit of feedback has said not to do this. What more do you want them to do??? Listen to the **** feedback
  • Options
    calous78calous78 Banned Users Posts: 95
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i would like to see the companions in pvp thing in action before i voice any opinions about it. whether this would give companion collectors any real advantage over any hardcore pvp'er really would remain to be seen... but since the game is far from focused on solely any one dynamic, it would prove to be interesting to say the least. i like this kind of immersion of entering into a player-hostile area with my companions and having fun and as long as there are no major imbalances which could be used by unsavory characters to grief other players. i'm looking forward to testing this out.

That's the problem, me and my guild are going to be max geared with crazy tricked out companions and just beat the living <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of anyone who comes near us while we own all the ice nodes.

I really think this is going to be a bad experience for the PvE crowd.

But yeah, I'm willing to give it a shot, I'm gonna be ok that's for sure, companions or not *shrug*
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Pve pots and injuries have to go
    Whats the problem with using PvE pots in mixed PvEvP environment?
    Whats the problem with injuries?
    Makes it at least worth something to die.
    ---
    And to others:
    I paid quite some for having my pets, why should I not be allowed to use them and gain their bonus?

remember: this is a new game type, not domination!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Companions in PVP-
    For now the companions and the bonuses will remain on for this open PVP. When looking at the various types of PVP offerings we realized that this would be different than domination. The PVP gameplay in this next update is a lot different than domination. This is an area we are going to be watching the most.
    ayroux wrote: »
    Im sorry but this is the WORST idea... Pets offer FAR too many advantages - the most noticable one being a 50% CC resist pet... This is GAME BREAKING so PLEASE do not allow this.... I honestly dont see how you guys dont see this... Its not about "pet battles", if you want that, create a new system for it.
    They just created a new system and you want to make it like the old one. This ain't domination.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    calous78 wrote: »
    That's the problem, me and my guild are going to be max geared with crazy tricked out companions and just beat the living <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of anyone who comes near us while we own all the ice nodes.

I really think this is going to be a bad experience for the PvE crowd.
    And where do pets make a difference in this scenario?
    If there are no pets you and your guild are going to be max geared like crazy and just beat the living <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of anyone who comes near you while you own all the ice nodes.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They just created a new system and you want to make it like the old one. This ain't domination.

They created new system, ok. I challenge you to find a reply of a tester that said he enjoyed "new PVP mode". Go.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't like the way it's currently implemented..
    Some dailies require you to go close to the pvp area, then the shorter route to cross from left to right side (or vice versa) is through the pvp battle grounds.
    So I am marked for pvp and without remembering that, while doing other things like dailies or heroic encounters, I am attacked by players.

What I would like is:
    1. An easy access between the top left and top right part of the map without having to ride so much south to avoid pvp.
    2. Allow us to "unflag" ourselves when we go far away from the red zone (prompt the user, ask him if he still wishes to be flagged for pvp).
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Companions in PvP = Pay to win.
    No skill is needed.
    The same can be said about armor and weapon enchants, as well about BiS armor.
    You don't have them, you most likely lose against someone who has them.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The same can be said about armor and weapon enchants, as well about BiS armor.
    You don't have them, you most likely lose against someone who has them.

Are you trolling?

Do you want to pay for 5 more companions, level/outfit some, buy HP stone every few days, injury kits galore, be ganked by 10 people as you chug HP stones and go back to 100%?

You wanna pay for 6 more R8-10s for a stone on each PvP char?

Did I mention you will do all these above under severe fps lag, even on very good PCs?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    They created new system, ok. I challenge you to find a reply of a tester that said he enjoyed "new PVP mode". Go.
    I don't know who these testers are that you are referring to. I guess they are hard core, in some case single minded, PvP players that are used to domination and a very predictable game. Where diversity has come to a stalemate and if you don't have "that armor and not that build" you are toast. As for the joy:
    Why shouldn't I use something I worked for or paid for?

I tested IWD and I like the open world mode where I can enter and leave (aka. die or campfire) PvP as I want.
    In domination I am locked in with 9 other who I like or don't like. It's like a temporary prison. If I don't like the campers in instance #31 I can go to another instance.
    It's a totally new game for PvP. I can outrun others, get reinforcement from the guild etc.
    It's a totally different game than domination.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Are you trolling?
    Do you want to pay for 5 more companions, level/outfit some, buy HP stone every few days, injury kits galore, be ganked by 10 people as you chug HP stones and go back to 100%?

Did I mention you will do all these above under severe fps lag, even on very good PCs?
    You did raise four questions, though you did not tell me the difference. It is a tool or item favoring system. If you want "true PvP" all would have to fight naked, to see the difference in skill.

I also don't want to invest into that Perf Vorp, but I seems to need it to deal some damage.
    I also don't want to buy tenacity gear, but I fear without it I won't be able to compete.

So what is the difference between the necessity to have a vorp to getting an edge by employing a badger?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    You did raise four questions, though you did not tell me the difference. It is a tool or item favoring system. If you want "true PvP" all would have to fight naked, to see the difference in skill.

I also don't want to invest into that Perf Vorp, but I seems to need it to deal some damage.
    I also don't want to buy tenacity gear, but I fear without it I won't be able to compete.

So what is the difference between the necessity to have a vorp to getting an edge by employing a badger?

And you answered none.

What I actually think is that you are pretty much protesting people having perfects and R10s.

Now to answer some of your questions:

- everybody had months to farm/buy decent enchants, including greaters/perfects, R8+. What else is to do in the game? Do foundries for green items?
    - you can buy Tenacity gear by just playing PvP - this is the IDEAL situation - play the game, get rewarded. Takes some time, but progress is steady. I don't like it myself, but it's more of a nerf, instead of an advantage compared to my former HV set
    - the difference between badger and vorpal is significant. Mostly anybody by now has vorpals/wep enchants. Problem is... your badger or PvE companions (are you a collectionary?) won't give you ANY advantage. You know why? Cause people you will face are rich and will immediately buy their way into BiS 5 PvP companions too, and they will stack those on top of their already BiS r10s and perfects and legendaries.

Only people that will suffer from running inferior setups for weeks are those that will have to farm for this.

But way more importantly, introducing so many new items will create HUGE imbalance in PvP and will make it into an AoE fest of face rolling on keyboard.

And you won't have any advantages against the PvPers. They will still outgear you, and still outskill you and still farm kills on you. Your companions and PvE guild and HP stones won't save you, but yeah, you're right, changing instances might.

GG at finding suitable "PvP" for your tastes.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    instead of ad hominems and destructive feedback, what about offering options? i like the idea behind this pvp enviroment, is not "i need to be better than the other team" but "im a goon of this faction, and i will kill my just found enemy who i just discovered i hate to death" while i do my dailies and kill the nice stuff while collecting black ice...

So the idea behind is nice and i believe the implementation is very good overall... but the details (yeah, right now the pve pots, the companions active bonuses are details that can and should be fixed) make it a nightmare and really scary for the long term run of the game, so what about my idea? the "disabling active bonus" when engaged in pvp combat, but keeping your summoned pet, that way you will still have your ioun stone, so you will be tougher, you will have your pots so you will last longer (and you wont have to worry about 1vs1 because its a tie no matter clases or setups) and the pve portion will be easier and smoother.
    As i said healing depression will take care of the pve pots, but greater stone of health are still a problem, so those should be looked into, also arcane brotherhood is the new delzoun, but whatever.
  • Options
    devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Greater stone of health ?
    Is worse than i thought lol.
    So much fun. yada yada NWO has pvp based on skill, hehehe
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Are you trolling?

1) Not trying to troll but trying to make others think about what they are saying.
    While "you" (not personally but a general "you") invested 20m into your R10s for domination others invested a lot into their companions (and no, I am not a collector) for their game style.
    Now we face a different game style, and the cards are reshuffled. There might be new styles and advantages to consider.

2) I don't want to be ganked by 10 players, but was ganked yesterday by 5. It happens. Go there, live with it. Eat an injury kit. People going back to 100% happens now as well with artifacts.

3) I won't pay for 6 more R8-10 enchants as I can not dominate PvP. I know that "there is always a bigger fish". But there are also smaller fishes which I can feed on. Such is life.

4) Concerning the lag, I hope that the developers can improve this issue. And I don't think that the lag is caused by drinking PvE pots or having a pet active.

My point is, pets are tools, as is a weapon, armor and enchantments. I bought some pets, and I want to use them, also in PvP/E environment. While you have your perfect vorpal which I don't have access to due to money issues I have a pet in my active bonus.
    As for the "additional R8-R10's", it seems to me hat you are currently one of the "bigger fishes" and are afraid that others might grow bigger than you are by paying time or money.
    But this is as it is now. There is no real difference, just that we increase the available tools.
    You will most probably farm me with my R6 today with your R10s and perfect vorpal, same as someone might farm you with R10s and his 10k ZEN pets with R10 Enchants.
    It's just a question of who is the bigger fish in the end.

Obviously, you will farm me because of your better understanding of the game and not because you have superior gear!
    And better skills!
  • Options
    nhokinhoki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28
    edited March 2014
    potion in pvp, you are joking?
    GWF's tank lot he uses impavel and potion in 6 sec
    think about it you use your encounters against GWF he uses unstoppable and potion, all hp that you took in 1 potion, in at-will is impossible to kill a gwf in at-will power,until the encounter cd he already used potion again

Meanwhile 1prone combo gwf he kills without chance of potion

POTION+REGEN + 35K HP+TENECITY+UNSTOPPABLE+PRONE COMBO KILL+40-60% DAMAGE RESIST+50%-70% CONTROL RESIST = GWF IN NEW ZONE PVP

WHERE IS THE BALANCE? POTION IN CHARS TANKER GENIUS BALANCE PVP

Besides cw is useless against chars with companions 50% control resist
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some people can be so annoying, complaining about something that they haven't even fully understood yet.

Devs are proposing 3 different kinds of PvP: 1. Domination (no pots, no pets, 5v5) 2. GG (no pots, no pets, 20v20 random members unless u team up with 4 friends) and now 3. Icewind Dale (pots and pets allowed, 1vs1 finally possible, guild vs guild 5v5 30v30 possible, infinite number of players allowed).

Here comes the double standard: Ppl complaining that there will be players with 5 PvP companions and it's "p2w" now, wait a second, isn't the same when the active bonus appeared and the players started to look for 5 PvE companions as well? but as soon as they got all the companions they started to say: oh yeah it's a great system, my dps is higher now bla bla. Some ppl is upset just because there will be players that will get the PvP companions faster than others but after some time every player will have them.

You can't expect to have a mid range gear and be good against those who have worked hard for their items. Do you want to beat them? Work harder and try to reach the same level.

Are you being ganked? omg, change instance. Wait, u dont like that? Get better gear, friends and gank them the next time. We might get killed in seconds but just once, I can switch to another instance and keep playing.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    1) Not trying to troll but trying to make others think about what they are saying.

I have a single R10 in which I regret investing. And BTW I have 6 Epic companions for months (even though they are the PvE DPS type). Yet I don't think that these are fair to use in PvP and I personally don't intend on farming ANYBODY, to be me PvP is about skills and knowledge not outgunning the other person to the point his skill is irrelevant.

So even as I invested a few millions AD in companions, I don't want to see them in PvP. There's no balance in domination, no need to make it more imbalanced, I would give free Rank 10s and Perfects to everybody, and I could still predict winners in Domination 90% of the cases, cause yeah, some people are better than others.

But fine, if you think that changing instances and bringing PvE guild to mob people with companions is gonna make things better, be my guest, all fine.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would give free Rank 10s and Perfects to everybody

Me! Me! Early bird here!! i need Radiant or Cruel thanks!!

The problem is sometimes gear and enchant is not as important as number of players. In open pvp match when a BIS GWF meets a group of 15k gs cw, i doubt he will survive.

#12k gs pvp healer
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wait a second, isn't the same when the active bonus appeared and the players started to look for 5 PvE companions as well?

Not really that many people were arguing that active bonuses were P2W in PvE because you can beat the AI whether or not you have the best active bonuses, just like you can beat the AI in crummy gear with no augment. It might take a bit longer, but you can (generally) do it. It has contributed to people being overgeared, yes, but people without all those things aren't at a severe disadvantage.

Active bonuses are not balanced for PvP at all, and the dev posts explaining why they've gone this route seem to indicate that their thinking was, "but it's fun to watch companions duke it out!" and not, "holy smokes, the Sylph is kinda gamebreaking for CWs, isn't it?"
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ***Hypothetical Situation*** If it goes live with active companion bonuses and pve pots/stones of health allowed, I will buy the best companions. I will buy as many extra companion slots as the game allows to be active. I will buy zen and sell it for AD to buy everything I need to immediately rank those companions and their enchants to max. Now, in the new zone you will never CC me. You will never get close to killing me.

****Real Feedback***
    Allowing all active companion bonuses to be active in an open world pvp area is simply bad for everyone. Allowing low CD health pots/health stones in an open world PVP area is again bad for everyone. A situation will be created where no one will ever die in pvp unless they're ganked and outnumbered greatly. I'm sorry but people NEED to be killed in pvp for it to be enjoyable to anyone. Open world pvp NEEDS to have tactics involved. Focusing down the healer,support wizard, and ranger that's bombing you from the back lines needs to be important. Flanking,outflanking the enemy horde needs to be important. Stealth needs to be an important factor for rogues to sneak and assasanate those back line support classes. All tactics will be made pointless if this goes live as is. It will simply be a mass cluster**** of people jugging potions,swinging swords and tossing aoe bombs. I would personally like to see no companions and health pots allowed in pvp period, but if you must have them then only allow one companions bonuses to be active and that's the one you have summoned. Only allow one kind of potion on a very long CD. Again I must agree with the majority in that as is, this is a bad idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I have a single R10 in which I regret investing. And BTW I have 6 Epic companions for months (even though they are the PvE DPS type). Yet I don't think that these are fair to use in PvP [...]
    And this where I try to understand you, but fail miserably.
    It's fair that you use R9's and 1 R10 against my weakly R6 (and 1 R7!) but you think it is unfair to use purple pets. This game is not about "fair" in PvP.
    What's the difference between the active bonus of the purple Frost Mimic and a R10 Azure Enchant?
    Both give +300 defense. (just an example, I know there are more useful pets out there)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    And this where I try to understand you, but fail miserably.
    It's fair that you use R9's and 1 R10 against my weakly R6 (and 1 R7!) but you think it is unfair to use purple pets. This game is not about "fair" in PvP.
    What's the difference between the active bonus of the purple Frost Mimic and a R10 Azure Enchant?
    Both give +300 defense. (just an example, I know there are more useful pets out there)

As I said, I would give free R10s and Perfects to anybody entering Domination/PvP. The game is not fair and it's a shame, but making it more unfair won't solve anything.

Also huge difference between some Defense and CC resists or bonuses and so on.

The game was on the right patch with matchmaking, cause geared&skilled people would end up facing others of similar skill&gear in time; this is a huge rollback to what was before it.

Also there's no justification for introducing this imbalance, as noticed by a poster above... the developer justification is... awkward to say the least, and it shows he never PvPed.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    So basically all you people who say "lets see how it goes" or "I paid for my companions, let them stay, or its a cool idea" you will be the ones who see a GWF or TR kill your entire group of people, because you literally wont be able to control/damage them and get mad that you have injuries now for trying to grind black ice in that area.

The game wont be able skill at all but who has spent the most AD on pets and potions and who can spam them the most while pressing an encounter button (on average) every 4-5 seconds....Does that sound like fun? Nope.
    [...]
    You think its cool cause now your little pet can follow you around and deal a little damage/ help you out... PVPers say, holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this is going to break zone pvp and make it no fun.... Who do you think they should listen to on how to make effective pvp?
    I don't see much of a difference to the current play style.
    e.g. one 16k GWF destroying a whole team of 5 10k blues within seconds and so on.
    You might want to argue that matchmaking prevents this (some forum posts might indicate that this is not the case) but in the end in open PvP there will be no matchmaking and a few that dominate the area, be it individuals or PvP guilds.

As such I don't see much of a difference if there are pets or no pets. But at least I can get a little boost from my pets now. Maybe even some CC resist.
    And for a CW crying that he can not control a GWF halfling ... one can not win every encounter, no? Maybe the CW has to pick a weaker target like a DC. Consider the GWF halfling just wearing R12's or whatever.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mod note:

folks, accusing someone of trolling is considered trolling. just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you doesn't mean they are trolling you. any more such lines of discussion and we'll be removing those posts.

also, this is a thread to provide your feedback, not to engage into discussions or disagreements with other opinions/feedback. let's please remember that.

and one final note... this game is for everybody to enjoy and everybody's feedback/opinions are valid. any more attacks of opinions are going to be removed without warning.

do not reply to this moderation post. instead, send us a PM if you'd like to discuss it.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is not queued arena PvP / horse race PvP, it is real PK (playerkilling). In other words > no holds barred, which is a good thing since every other mmo out there used to have / has the same feature(s) since the late 90's already. WoW / GW / GW2 along with the rest of the casual - mmo infestation that is plagueing the gaming industry since the mid - millenium, went down the carebear road already. I am glad, that NW is heading in a different / genre rejuvenating - direction. It takes balls to push out content, which almost every other mmo has abandoned. We oldschool gamers, do apreciate it, a lot. Real mmo- nostalgia... *sniff*

More of this stuff, please. It is great.