What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: PVP Gameplay

Comments

• Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mod note: posting notices or threats to quit the game based on proposed changes are violations of the forum rules of conduct and will be removed without notice.

Rule 3.02 - No "I Quit" Threads or Posts
    . . . . We're sorry to see you go, but please keep your goodbyes to PMs or in game messages. These threads do not contribute to the community discussion and generally end in hate or flames. Threads and Posts that purvey one quitting or the threat of quitting are considered "I Quit" threads and posts.

Rule 3.15 - No Petitions, Ultimatums or Hostile Demands
    . . . . Please keep feedback constructive and within a format for Community Discussion. Disallowed topics include things like, "Please Nerf This Class" and anything without the direction of a constructive Community Discussion.

do not reply to this moderation note. instead, send us a PM if you'd like to discuss it. please be aware that the rule against personal attacks and harassment includes all areas of communication including PMs. thanks.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The biggest issue here is

1) Stone - now you will have to get 6 more R9/10 enchants - since everyone will be using this.
    2) You have 5 active companions that provide stat bonuses that you will now have to buy and upgrade to max rank to get those stats maxed out - also providing another big bonus to pvp.

All of this is such a massive AD sink - even worse than artifacts which we will also now have as more of an AD sink.

Create too many of these things and you give too much stat bonus availability to people for pvp purposes.

Dont forget things like Honey Badger - Damage taken reduced by 10% when under 35% HP. Thats going to be mandatory for 2500 zen as well...

Will O Wisp - 25% control resist thats pretty massive and will be needed for pvp theres another 2500 zen. Now were at 5000 just for 2.5 companions

Stone - 1200 zen + 750k AD to upgrade + 6 more R9/10 enchants - MASSIVE AD sink and thats just 3/5 now.....

Its just honestly too much....
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    will healing depression even work in the new zone since its in a pve environment
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    will healing depression even work in the new zone since its in a pve environment

Healing Depression isnt zone specific but activates when hit by another player. So anytime a player hits you, you have HD for 10 seconds.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm pasting my reply from another thread into the official thread for more visibility.

I too am relatively certain that having an active companion fighting with the players is the least of everyone's concerns. I even think that having companion battles would be neat if and only if the actual power creep concerns of augment companions and active bonuses are addressed.

When active companion bonuses were introduced, a few players drooled over the idea of how much mileage they thought they'd be able to get out of stacking certain bonuses in PvP and everyone else fell all over themselves asking for reassurance that these bonuses would not be active in PvP, because getting the best companion bonuses is an expensive prospect in terms of either money or time. It was a huge relief for most of the PvP population to hear that they did not need to be concerned about active companions.

Is my summoned dire wolf a huge threat to players? Not really, because no matter how well I gear him up, he's got low damage and not many hitpoints, and is controlled by an AI script.

Is the interrupt chance I get from having him in an active slot a huge advantage to me over other players who don't have that? Oh yes, it sure is. It procs like crazy.

Is there a huge difference between players with no augment pet at all, those with a moderately equipped one, and those with 3 more BiS items and 6 more slots to place their choice of rank 10s? You bet it is.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    The biggest issue here is

1) Stone - now you will have to get 6 more R9/10 enchants - since everyone will be using this.
    2) You have 5 active companions that provide stat bonuses that you will now have to buy and upgrade to max rank to get those stats maxed out - also providing another big bonus to pvp.

All of this is such a massive AD sink - even worse than artifacts which we will also now have as more of an AD sink.

Create too many of these things and you give too much stat bonus availability to people for pvp purposes.

Dont forget things like Honey Badger - Damage taken reduced by 10% when under 35% HP. Thats going to be mandatory for 2500 zen as well...

Will O Wisp - 25% control resist thats pretty massive and will be needed for pvp theres another 2500 zen. Now were at 5000 just for 2.5 companions

Stone - 1200 zen + 750k AD to upgrade + 6 more R9/10 enchants - MASSIVE AD sink and thats just 3/5 now.....

Its just honestly too much....

the main issue asside form ioun stone is a combination of Slyph ( 50% cc resist....costs 60 dollars,) will o wisp (25% cc resist)
    thats 75% cc resist..
    plus.... halfling racial...85% cc resist...if you add just a 20% tenacity.....thats 105% cc resist..

cmon guys... this is stupid...

i will get ENEMY TEAM to all run this combo of slyph and will o wisp...plys rank 30 ioun stones with full rank 10 and eldritch rank 10....destroy all and hopefully once the qq commences...you dev's will realize your mistake....

BTW your argument is flawed by saying it will be fun seeing companions duking it out...since any COMPETENT pvp player will be using ioun stone as thier summon... LOL.... you guys crack me up more and more.

good one devs... good one.
  • Options
    arandomusername1arandomusername1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    BTW your argument is flawed by saying it will be fun seeing companions duking it out...since any COMPETENT pvp player will be using ioun stone as thier summon... LOL.... you guys crack me up more and more.
    If that's fun just create pet battles.... gota catchem all neverwintermon!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    the main issue asside form ioun stone is a combination of Slyph ( 50% cc resist....costs 60 dollars,) will o wisp (25% cc resist)
    thats 75% cc resist..
    plus.... halfling racial...85% cc resist...if you add just a 20% tenacity.....thats 105% cc resist..

cmon guys... this is stupid...

i will get ENEMY TEAM to all run this combo of slyph and will o wisp...plys rank 30 ioun stones with full rank 10 and eldritch rank 10....destroy all and hopefully once the qq commences...you dev's will realize your mistake....

good one devs... good one.

Yup... Pretty much... Im really shocked they havnt announced they are removing this already. Im not a programmer but use the same "code" when you xfer a character into the pvp domination maps when someone is flagged for pvp. Companions go away...

I dont care if people want to use these to PVE better, I do care when you create this MASSIVE difference not based on anything but purchasing via zen store and also gearing out with max enchants on a stone...

you have people complaining about Rank 7 versus rank 10 enchants? A stone is probably the equiv of what, a R13 enchant? so your doubling the divide....
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well after a few hours of testing... more than pets the problem is you can heal yourself with pve healing, so you are directly unkillable, and i kinda like it, i mean, you are impossible to kill if you have 1 greater health stone, but you will die if you face 2-3 enemies, that kinda allows the players to farm and not being too griefed, and still allow massive battles, but i know is not really what pvpers want, so it must be changed.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If that's fun just create pet battles.... gota catchem all neverwintermon!

I wanna be the very best xD
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Could anybody clarify whether Tenacity and/or Healing Depression are supposed to work in open PVP?
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You serious? PvE potions? Companions? Lag? Ganking 10vs1? Injuries on death?

Get this **** outta here fast please, kthxbye.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Could anybody clarify whether Tenacity and/or Healing Depression are supposed to work in open PVP?

Tenacity is supposed to be , no idea about HD but since tenacity is I would think it is supposed to be.
    Tenacity is always in effect. Any time you do combat with another player or their companion you will benefit from tenacity.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635211-Official-Feedback-Thread-PVP-Gameplay
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Tenacity is supposed to be , no idea about HD but since tenacity is I would think it is supposed to be.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635211-Official-Feedback-Thread-PVP-Gameplay

just did a 1 v 1 versus a rogue and his stone shown through the whole fight makes it easy for me definitely. Also healing does seem off it was a crazy long fight both of us would go to 25% and heal back to 75%. Wasn't paying close attention to the healing though.

Also the areas mark for PVP are broken i was tagged for pvp outside the red areas but would not be tagged inside. Also the injury is a huge problem from dying on a 10 v 1 and last point i see most people have already chosen one side thus this will create the same effect that has happened in gauntle grim.

choose one side and fight no one and choose the other side and get ganged.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Post deleted.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Absolutely terrible
    pers3phone wrote: »
    you serious? pve potions? companions? lag? Ganking 10vs1? injuries on death?

get this **** outta here fast please, kthxbye.

Emotions overflowing me. This is the worst **** I've seen so far. Almost killed a CW to realize then that you can use PVE POTIONS FFS. I died and............................GOT INJURED!! REALLY?!! Pay 20 silver each time I die? No thanks. And I couldn't attack my enemies without PvP flag. How the hell am I supposed to get it outside PvP area??? My teammates are dying and I can't even help them!

1. Disable PVE potions once you've got PVP flag.
    2. Disable companions and active bonuses once you've got PVP flag.
    3. Add HD once you've got struck by a player.
    4. Add an option into right click self portrait menu to get PVP flag.
    5. Increase the time needed to get PVP flag when entering PVP area to 10 seconds with timer shown on the screen.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    You serious? PvE potions? Injuries on death?

Get this **** outta here fast please, kthxbye.

+1

Also Healing Depression doesn't work (purposely?). HD was introduced to deal with balancing issues within PVP, why allow PVE healing in the open world PVP now?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Emblem is ticking for 1500.
  • Options
    calous78calous78 Banned Users Posts: 95
    edited March 2014
    This is going to be AMAZING!!! I can't wait, oh the tears!!! The sweet salty tears!!!
  • Options
    kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »

5. Increase the time needed to get PVP flag when entering PVP area to 10 seconds with timer shown on the screen.

All 5 of these seem like great suggestions.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Feedback : pls do somthing to perma TR this is too powerfull cannot be killed and kill anithing with SE its like fight a raid boss 12 ppl cannot kill it ...
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Uhmm guys guys... this is DAY 1 of the preview... please, that's why testing is for, to test and suggest, not to call the waambulance!

Yeah, the pve pots will be fixed, is obvious, and i kinda feel the pets will too(albeit im against it, is a new kind of pvp where you just happen to clash with other players in open world, not compeeting in a fair duel) but man, the feel is AMAZING even for someone who has been always against PvP and just recently with the patch started playing pvp dailies. The map is HUGE, the monstars are tough and annoying when they are in packs (4+ yetis at the same time solo and you are in prone hell!, if you dont kill the shamans any barbarian pack can be tough, you cannot rolfstomp through even geared... and less geared people will have a nice challenge) bugs are expected, but i like the overall feeling A LOT.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Also, there should be an option to remove PVP flag. Add it to the right click self portrait menu, name it "Remove PVP flag" or whatever. After you click this option, you'll be warned that you will lose PVP flag after 5 minutes if you don't attack players during this time.
  • Options
    v1rus89v1rus89 Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Absolutely terrible

Completely agree on all the points, especially the first three.
    Virus, Enemy Team.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014

please give us an easy way to switch from one set of encounter powers to another when we get into a pvp match in these open areas. other than that, i really like it. if you don't want to be flagged for pvp, stay out of the pvp zones and no one can attack you. plain and simple.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

You should get injury only when you are killed by a monster. But even with that implemented, people may gank players from opposite fraction in PVE, so if you accidentally get killed by a monster, you will still get injury.
    I can suggest adding an NPC that would remove injury for free.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    yeah, the NPC healer like in GG makes sense, because well 20 silver man... freaking 20 silver. good suggestion.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Feedback : pls do somthing to perma TR this is too powerfull cannot be killed and kill anithing with SE its like fight a raid boss 12 ppl cannot kill it ...

Big discussion over this thread already: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?624451-Perma-Stealth-Feedback-Discussion/page46

Might want to post your thoughts there. I agree with you.
  • Options
    risendragonrisendragon Member Posts: 88
    edited March 2014

Are you serious? Just catch the guy in 1 prone and it's all over for him 1v1 or not.. most perma TRs cannot spec for higher HP so they're stuck with 25k which is.. 1 rotation with daily.
    melodywhr wrote: »

please give us an easy way to switch from one set of encounter powers to another when we get into a pvp match in these open areas. other than that, i really like it. if you don't want to be flagged for pvp, stay out of the pvp zones and no one can attack you. plain and simple.

Yeah, the ability to have number tabbed encounter sets would make this so much more enjoyable.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Are you serious? Just catch the guy in 1 prone and it's all over for him 1v1 or not.. most perma TRs cannot spec for higher HP so they're stuck with 25k which is.. 1 rotation with daily.

Are YOU serious? Most TRs I know have 32k+HP and in the 30% deflect range, combined with tenacity around 18-20% If your lucky and get all crits and they dont deflect you may be able to kill them in 1 rotation, but good luck even getting 1 prone off since most of them are good enough to never be caught due to sneak attack and infiltrator giving them massive amounts of run speed bonus...

Dont forget ITC as well :P

Part of the issue with perma in world PVP is 1 perma can make it so nobody can mine black ice, and noone can find them because their run speed is as fast as a base mount... Ontop of that it only takes 1 quick dagger throw and you cant mine for near 5 seconds due to bile thorn...

So is it a problem? Yeah.... We had 5 man group all trying to find ONE perma TR yesterday and he evaded everyone, I was laughing because Healing Depression isnt even on the PTR right now in zone pvp or domination pvp so even if they caught him for 2 seconds, hed stealth and regen back pretty quickly...