test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Artifact System

Comments

• Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Wow are you still going on about not wanting to use steal time because it goes against your wizards code of ethics? I'm pretty certain they won't make an artifact just so wizards who don't want to be associated with the word 'steal' will be placated .
    Well, because the issue is related to role playing, the said artifact is purely optional like cosmetic items. If it can solve role playing issue, I don't see the reason not to introduce it and let players who care about role playing to buy it. Recently they introduced Archmage's Apprentice companion in a promotion. So the said artifact can also be introduced like that. And I believe if it is introduced, many wizards will buy it. :)
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    I was pretty sure, a few months ago, that they wouldn't be making class specific booster items like the artifacts. Then they rolled out the artifacts and left me a bit stunned. So, I can't really rule out, any longer, having the possibility of class specific ones (that would probably be harder than hell to get and/or craft).
    Class specific artifacts have been introduced in preview server. They just won't be released with module 2.

But I was disappointed to hear that CW's class artifact's power isn't similar to Steal Time.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If it was similar, every wizard who doesn't have your issues about using that power would have a bird.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Class specific artifacts have been introduced in preview server. They just won't be released with module 2.

But I was disappointed to hear that CW's class artifact's power isn't similar to Steal Time.

They will never rename that power just because one person has a semantics issue.

You've been given very helpful suggestions as to how to reconcile your concern, perhaps most importantly that it's your narrow interpretation of the word "steal" that's the issue. It's just flavor text, no deeper reading necessary. Using Steal Time makes your wizard a thief just about as much as telling someone that you need to "steal away for a moment" is committing a crime in real life.

However, control powers on artifacts DO sound fun and useful if not made excessively powerful for PvP.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't get why the implemented a leveling system within the refining process for artifacts. That makes no sense whatsoever. Why not bring enchantment, runestones and artifacts on par?
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    I don't get why the implemented a leveling system within the refining process for artifacts. That makes no sense whatsoever. Why not bring enchantment, runestones and artifacts on par?

they need/want people to buy zen.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think there should be a way to get all three artifacts form the initial quest. Not at start, but lets say after you upgraded your first to Epic or whatever. The reason is simple: There will be more Paragon Paths, other gear, active companion boni in the future that will affect your build. So the artifact you choose now might not be the best fit later.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think there should be a way to get all three artifacts form the initial quest. Not at start, but lets say after you upgraded your first to Epic or whatever. The reason is simple: There will be more Paragon Paths, other gear, active companion boni in the future that will affect your build. So the artifact you choose now might not be the best fit later.

They said the artifacts from the initial quest will also be made available as drops from epic dungeons too . Here's the post where the system designer says that they will drop as rare BoE skirmish and boss drops.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?516591-Cryptic-OFFICIAL-Feedback-Thread-Artifact-System&p=6436921&viewfull=1#post6436921
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    They said the artifacts from the initial quest will also be made available as drops from epic dungeons too . Here's the post where the system designer says that they will drop as rare BoE skirmish and boss drops.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?516591-Cryptic-OFFICIAL-Feedback-Thread-Artifact-System&p=6436921&viewfull=1#post6436921

Very nice. Thx for the elucidation, I missed that one.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The fact that blue marks are the bottleneck of the system is just illogical and breaks the progression system. I'd make blue ones available from the daily Dread Ring and let the purple ones drop from bosses only.
  • Options
    uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    The fact that blue marks are the bottleneck of the system is just illogical and breaks the progression system. I'd make blue ones available from the daily Dread Ring and let the purple ones drop from bosses only.
    +1/Like/Second that! It's kind of ridiculous, that we've the epic ones in abundance, but missing the lower value items.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I've got so many purples after one week of Shadowmantle that I'm actually using them as refinement points. It's really off.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    uurbs wrote: »
    +1/Like/Second that! It's kind of ridiculous, that we've the epic ones in abundance, but missing the lower value items.

The problem with making blues drop from the daily quests and purples from the bosses is that it is a slap in the face of people that like to play solo - they will see it as being forced to do the epic dungeons. Currently you can enjoy pretty much all aspects of the character progression in solo play - please don't take that away.

A better approach would be to have the blues drop from the daily quests, say...95% of the time, and give the purples a 5% chance.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I get what you're saying and it's a legitimate concern, but right now you can't even upgrade your artifacts to rare without DDing.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    It's intended that you have to group. Lazy people and non-community player must be penalized. This is not a solo game. It's a teamgame. So it's good that the marks drop only in group content.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think that's unduly harsh. There are a lot of reasons why some people don't really want to do the epic dungeon thing, some of which stem from having bad experiences with "the community" (or the mean and selfish individuals in it).

I'd like to see the drops be tweaked sufficiently that the AH prices would come down to make them a bit more achievable for people who do prefer to game by themselves.

And it is really weird that the epic refining item would be effectively common, the uncommon items quite rare, and the rare items as precious as unicorn tears.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I would include marks from skill nodes in the party looting. I pug exclusively and ever since module 2 the node-race is unbearable. People run ahead, quit fighting or at least place themselves strategically to get to the nodes and there were even two or three occasions were people nearly quit because of ninja behavior. The same system is in place for chests (I guess?), so please extend it to nodes as well.
  • Options
    petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Does the Eye of Lathander drop from Mini Bosses, Fulmi, OR from the chest?

Thank you
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    It's intended that you have to group. Lazy people and non-community player must be penalized. This is not a solo game. It's a teamgame. So it's good that the marks drop only in group content.

Right, obviously I'm lazy and anti-social because I don't have time to spend 2 hours on an epic dungeon every day seeing as I spend most of my time working, helping my disabled parents, tutoring classmates, and paying my own way through college. Please think before you post.

Agreed that marks of all types should drop in a variety of content, even if it's a rare chance, because some of us like to play the game even though we can't always play it for long stretches at a time.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Right, obviously I'm lazy and anti-social because I don't have time to spend 2 hours on an epic dungeon every day seeing as I spend most of my time working, helping my disabled parents, tutoring classmates, and paying my own way through college. Please think before you post.

Agreed that marks of all types should drop in a variety of content, even if it's a rare chance, because some of us like to play the game even though we can't always play it for long stretches at a time.

They do... just loot skill nodes inside solo dungeons.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    abell39 wrote: »

2 hours aren't required. It's most 10-20min runs. But you aren't experienced in farming or?

And your wish is already exist. You have a rare chance to gain the marks in solo content too. Only the GMoP is the only case that isn't available for solo.
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I do not know the drop chances, but I am not sure if it should be required to try your luck for months as a solo player or small guild player till an artifact drops or the rare marks, and afterwards your farming of enchantments and the like would start for more months anyway.
    The farming after getting an artifact is totally agreeable, but the accessability of rare marks and artifacts seem a bit too low.
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    2 hours aren't required. It's most 10-20min runs. But you aren't experienced in farming or?

Maybe with peeps who know how to exploit as the normal routes through the dungeons will require by themselves that amount of time; moreover not everyone in the game has already BiS gear or anything like that.

As for the wording of the other posts, it seems a bit oddly to call people lazy who have other duties as to play a whole day or at least for hours straight.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Drop rate for artifacts is so low that it makes no sense into farming them. At 5% drop rate (if that is the drop rate) it takes 20 runs on average to see the artifact once and to roll with 1 in 5 odds, so one need in average 100 runs to obtain the artifact. How many times do you think one can run the same dungeon?! There will be people that even at 300 runs wont get that... Suggestion is to put them on sale via seals, cause atm system is just extremely bad.

Make marks in the same way. Put them on seals as well.
  • Options
    guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ortzhy wrote: »
    Drop rate for artifacts is so low that it makes no sense into farming them. At 5% drop rate (if that is the drop rate) it takes 20 runs on average to see the artifact once and to roll with 1 in 5 odds, so one need in average 100 runs to obtain the artifact. How many times do you thing one can run the same dungeon?! There will be people that even at 300 runs wont get that... Suggestion is to put them on sale via seals, cause atm system is just extremely bad.

Its a great idea, but id also add that once a person have the item (the collection window gives the collection bonus for the item), then the need option is disable for that person, so the rest have a better chance to get it.
  • Options
    petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Drop rate for artifacts is so low that it makes no sense into farming them. At 5% drop rate (if that is the drop rate) it takes 20 runs on average to see the artifact once and to roll with 1 in 5 odds, so one need in average 100 runs to obtain the artifact. How many times do you think one can run the same dungeon?! There will be people that even at 300 runs wont get that... Suggestion is to put them on sale via seals, cause atm system is just extremely bad.

you have a free one from quest, and another for 24k glory.

and now you want an even easier one? come on...
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Marks are BoE and the most critical ones available from the Wondrous Bazaar for AD.

Putting anything on Seals would force them to make them Bind on Pickup (BoP). NO, THANK YOU! There is far too much BoP in this game already.
    petpet2 wrote: »

Agreed, especially given that these are just the general artifacts. Class artifacts will be coming and necessarily they have to be readily accessible.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Who said it should be easy?! I said they need a resonable time frame to get, if u find 100 runs of the same dungeons within reason... A resonable player will go once or twice per day in a dungeon and that will average in 100 days and if gets unlucky he can get it in one year!! Remember the wolf from the last CTA where i had to do 100 runs to see it while others got lucky and got it in 5.
    So to avoid stupid things like that since RNG is RNG i am telling that they should have a failsafe when that happens so they need to put them as BOP for seals from that dungeon, make them 1000 seals if math tells that.

Marks at WB, they are so expensive that leaves no room for a profit if u start buying them. I see no reason why i cant buy them for various seals or some special tokens that one can get from dd chests, but atm there is no reasonable way to make any advancement in AD without buying zen. All u can get is 24k ad per day per char.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    /doublepost
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Who said it should be easy?! I said they need a resonable time frame to get, if u find 100 runs of the same dungeons within reason... A resonable player will go once or twice per day in a dungeon and that will average in 100 days and if gets unlucky he can get it in one year!! Remember the wolf from the last CTA where i had to do 100 runs to see it while others got lucky and got it in 5.
    So to avoid stupid things like that since RNG is RNG i am telling that they should have a failsafe when that happens so they need to put them as BOP for seals from that dungeon, make them 1000 seals if math tells that.

Marks at WB, they are so expensive that leaves no room for a profit if u start buying them. I see no reason why i cant buy them for various seals or some special tokens that one can get from dd chests, but atm there is no reasonable way to make any advancement in AD without buying zen. All u can get is 24k ad per day per char.

I agree on that. It is totally ok if it takes weeks or a month to farm an artifact, but as it is now only one who spend money or insanely much time is able to acquire another artifact in a reasonable time.
    500 or more Seals for one of the quest artifacts should be sufficient to get an idea of how long and how often one has to run dungeons to get it after a not too short period of farming time. At least one knows then that one gets it after getting all the Seals and has not to rely simply on luck.

Noone said acquiring an artifact should be easy-going. And one artifact is not like the other, so no sense in your second sentence, as some peeps do not want the artifact one can get with Glory; unless you think that all peeps should be content with how things are now. (making a feedback threat senseless too.)
  • Options
    fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As someone who doesn't do PVP and has yet to manage an epic dungeon I only have the single default artefact from the quest. (normal one's were great, find a group (or most of a group, then queue) walk inside the door, play your part, dps/tank/heal.

It's completely different from normal game-play (because nobody is willing to party for standard levelling, so in solo play all you really care about is being sturdy enough to survive the Mobs, and having enough Damage output to kill them before they kill you, regardless of your class)

anyway, yeah.

I really like dungeons, but I have NEVER managed a T2 epic, or even found a group with more than three people.

It's usually a single person waiting for a group, then you get 2-3 more DPS drop in, then a tank shows up and leaves within seconds, then perhaps a Cleric shows up, but sees you don't have a tank, and leaves.

perhaps some poor souls drops in, leaves, tries to find another instance of the dungeon (one with a deal party, or just to start a party of his own) but end up dropping in and out of the same instance over and over.

People trying to farm nodes don't help either.

frankly, epic dungeons are almost impossible without a full party, (or atleast a tank and a cleric) the queue system needs fixing so it gets FULL groups before dropping you in, otherwise people will just leave.

anyway, thats off-topic and on a tanget, what i meant to say is "i only have the three starting Artifacts to pull infomation from, but while the passive statboosts seem great, the active powers are kinda worthless"

i mean, catalogue is good for selling loot, but he doesn't sell anything that every other common as dirt general store-keeper doesn't have.

Have him sell unique items you can't get anywhere else, that way theres a reason to use him other than "oh, my inventory is nearly full again" (also, it fits his fluff, he's a magical shopkeeper, he should **** well have some gear you can't get anywhere else, (flying carpet mount? companions?) weapons skins? either for gold or for AD) preferably BoP stuff (personally, I want the way you can summon him for other people to use to get more of a look in, because I think it's great)

Perhaps have him sell basic buff potions? (not pvp stuff, but the normal ones, so you could summon him before a boss-fight and have everyone stock up on buff potions or something)

the Waters grant a regen effect, but it's so slow and weak that it's essentially pointless unless you're out of combat (so use potions instead) mine is Rare quality and i'm level 60, so my view might be skewed

The lantern destroying stealth might be useful for pvp (but the three min cooldown would kill it again) but in PVE it seems worthless (do any NPC's even use stealth? if not, add that, it would be awesome) also, it apparantly deals damage, but it only does like 800 points or something (again, blue quality) so thats kinda worthless.

anyway, TL:DR, the three starting ones have really weak active powers, not at all in-line with their powerful passive boosts. also, fix dungeons or make artefacts drop in skirmishes or something.
This discussion has been closed.