Options

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Artifact System

123457»

Comments

• Options
    fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    I would include marks from skill nodes in the party looting. I pug exclusively and ever since module 2 the node-race is unbearable. People run ahead, quit fighting or at least place themselves strategically to get to the nodes and there were even two or three occasions were people nearly quit because of ninja behavior. The same system is in place for chests (I guess?), so please extend it to nodes as well.

This dude has a super good point.

Skill nodes are getting Ninjaed like nobodies business.
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2013

frankly, epic dungeons are almost impossible without a full party, (or atleast a tank and a cleric) the queue system needs fixing so it gets FULL groups before dropping you in, otherwise people will just leave.
    the Waters grant a regen effect, but it's so slow and weak that it's essentially pointless unless you're out of combat (so use potions instead) mine is Rare quality and i'm level 60, so my view might be skewed
    anyway, TL:DR, the three starting ones have really weak active powers, not at all in-line with their powerful passive boosts. also, fix dungeons or make artefacts drop in skirmishes or something.

To point 1) They changed recently the queue system the way it is now, so people get the chance to try a dungeon without a healer or tank as many do not want to play one.

To point 2) Regeneration is good as it is now, as it should never replace a healer or anything, it is just anoher means to survive a bit longer; I use a regen/deflect tank and that stat is good enough to do its job.

To point 3) Allegedly artifacts already drop from dungeons or skirmishes with a very low drop chance; I never got one this way but others say they got. So, raising that drop chance would be nice or making them buyable via Seals.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    aethanas wrote: »
    To point 1) They changed recently the queue system the way it is now, so people get the chance to try a dungeon without a healer or tank as many do not want to play one.

You know what people also don't want to do?

Try running epic dungeons without a tank or a healer.

Two TR and a CW can do quite well on mobs, luring one at a time and wailing on him, abusing stealth and control effect, generally trying to exploit stunlocks and cheapshots. failing everything else, abuse the respawn system to slowly inch through the dungeon.

It's obviously not the way the game is supposed to be played, but it's fun, in it's own way.

Then you get to a bossfight and he summons 20-30 adds in a second and a 50 Splats.

with nobody to hold aggro or heal, and no way to survive all the adds jumping you at once, your only option is to press your luck and try and dodge/dps until he gets to 25% hp, at which point he starts summoning elites, like the Shocktroop devils, (which would give your little three man group enough trouble alone, but with dozens of mini adds, and the boss himself thrown in?) then your group wipes, and the elite adds remain in the boss zone, making your second try even harder than the first.

after that, it's about time to give up and call it a night. (keep in mind, assuming you managed to kill the first boss, you are probably about 1 1/2 or 2 yours into the supposedly "45-minute" dungeon.)

Rather than saying "oh, nobody wants to play these classes" you should find out why, then fix it.

currently the game has one tank class, one healer class, and everything else is DPS (don't lie, the CW has a couple of pull/push moves (dailies) and some single-target stunlocks (bosses are immune), but it's main purpose is DPS) is it any wonder that tank/healers are rare?
    To point 2) Regeneration is good as it is now, as it should never replace a healer or anything, it is just anoher means to survive a bit longer; I use a regen/deflect tank and that stat is good enough to do its job.

what?

this makes me think you didn't read (or didn't understand) my post. I rambled a bit, i know, but it should be obvious i was talking about Artifact effects, not stats.

Regeneration is an effect caused by the Waters of (blah blah, don't remember the name) Artifact.

it gives you something like 800hp every couple of seconds. which is totally useless.
    To point 3) Allegedly artifacts already drop from dungeons or skirmishes with a very low drop chance; I never got one this way but others say they got. So, raising that drop chance would be nice or making them buyable via Seals.

I know they drop from dungeons, but I can't complete dungeons with the Queue system as it is, which is why i was asking for them from skermiskes (which I'm pretty sure they don't drop from)

also, seals would be good i guess, they sure aren't useful for anything else. (by the time I have enough seals to afford anything, i'm already wearing stuff way better than they offer)

perhaps the Drake seal gear is actually useful, but Drake seals are so rare, that by the time i get enough to afford anything, I'm probably already going to be wearing a full T2 set.
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You know what people also don't want to do?

Try running epic dungeons without a tank or a healer.

It's obviously not the way the game is supposed to be played, but it's fun, in it's own way.

Rather than saying "oh, nobody wants to play these classes" you should find out why, then fix it.

currently the game has one tank class, one healer class, and everything else is DPS (don't lie, the CW has a couple of pull/push moves (dailies) and some single-target stunlocks (bosses are immune), but it's main purpose is DPS) is it any wonder that tank/healers are rare?

what?

this makes me think you didn't read (or didn't understand) my post. I rambled a bit, i know, but it should be obvious i was talking about Artifact effects, not stats.

Regeneration is an effect caused by the Waters of (blah blah, don't remember the name) Artifact.

I know they drop from dungeons, but I can't complete dungeons with the Queue system as it is, which is why i was asking for them from skermiskes (which I'm pretty sure they don't drop from)

also, seals would be good i guess, they sure aren't useful for anything else. (by the time I have enough seals to afford anything, i'm already wearing stuff way better than they offer)

perhaps the Drake seal gear is actually useful, but Drake seals are so rare, that by the time i get enough to afford anything, I'm probably already going to be wearing a full T2 set.

I see now, I confused Regeneration with that Heal over Time effect of that Waters artifact, my bad. :D

I play a tank, my girlfriend playes a healer, I have no trouble in finding these two classes. ;) But many complained that a tank, and sometimes even a healer, is not needed for many if not any dungeon, so they got their chances now; they demanded DPS only parties, now they can focus on that and do their dungeon.

And I do not think, it is possible to "fix" the absence of tank and healer since last time tanks were too strong because of an armour set oneshooting many other classes some players complained about tanks doing too much damage; now Cryptic fixed that and now some say that tanks are ball and chain for a party as they are not doing enough damage -- great theatre for me.

As for the Control Wizard, I try a build with more focus on controlling mobs and supporting the party with debuffs on mobs (like my tank focuses on mitigating damage on other party members and buffing their damage).

And as I said, some claim they got their artifacts from skirmishes after many many runs -- but I cannot assure that.
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In my opinion they should allow to buy the artifacts from seal vendrors, because the drop rate is too low.
    Something like 1000 seals for the valindra shard crown and the same for the malabog artifact.
    This way will be good for a very unlucky player.
    Of course this way to win the artifact should be bind on pick up.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013

They drop from the Chest at the end of Skirmishes , not sure if it is only level 60 Skirmishes though .
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    aethanas wrote: »
    I see now, I confused Regeneration with that Heal over Time effect of that Waters artifact, my bad. :D

I play a tank, my girlfriend playes a healer, I have no trouble in finding these two classes. ;) But many complained that a tank, and sometimes even a healer, is not needed for many if not any dungeon, so they got their chances now; they demanded DPS only parties, now they can focus on that and do their dungeon.

And I do not think, it is possible to "fix" the absence of tank and healer since last time tanks were too strong because of an armour set oneshooting many other classes some players complained about tanks doing too much damage; now Cryptic fixed that and now some say that tanks are ball and chain for a party as they are not doing enough damage -- great theatre for me.

but... tanks aren't supposed to do damage?

regardless, a group of GWF might be able to take an epic dungeon (because they can offtank) but trying malabog's castle without a real tank AND a healer?

no chance.

not really on topic for this thread though.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Frustration!
    i am 4 days away from finishing the campaign and i havent managed to get that coffer artifact! FFS people is not even that good.. to make it a BoP when is only usable by GWF/GF is just plain stupid! why do you even put the drops if you dont want people to have them?!
This discussion has been closed.