Install Arc
Options

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Artifact System

Comments

• Options
    railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I believe that one of the devs said that they will be rare drops from dungeons.

Edit - here it is , from page 11 of this thread.

thank you for the info
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    Companion Stat Bonus is a direct percentage increase.
    Companion Influence is a rating that will convert in some mystical manner into a direct percentage increase.

We made these stats ratings so you could see the increase in whole numbers rather than gaining 0.0125% per point. It also allows us to give the same bonus from multiple sources and through the mystical conversion process introduce diminishing returns.
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I believe that one of the devs said that they will be rare drops from dungeons.

Edit - here it is , from page 11 of this thread.

rare drop... i hope not SO rare like fragment and shields in Malabog Castle. I run something like 100 MC to drop 0 fragments and 1 Formorian shield. I'd like to run again to drop the other GF shield and the GF sword, but i don't want to run MC other 200 times.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It seems odd that the first upgrade (uncommon rank 29 -> rare rank 30) requires epic dungeon reagents. In particular, the blue Mark of Power/Stability/Union can't even be bought in the Wondrous Bazaar.

It's also odd that the daily lairs make it easier to get purple Greater Marks of Power/Stability/Union, than to get the blue artifact Marks.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    two30 wrote: »
    It seems odd that the first upgrade (uncommon rank 29 -> rare rank 30) requires epic dungeon reagents. In particular, the blue Mark of Power/Stability/Union can't even be bought in the Wondrous Bazaar.

It's also odd that the daily lairs make it easier to get purple Greater Marks of Power/Stability/Union, than to get the blue artifact Marks.

I think it's intended, that artifacts require a lot of farming and time spending in order to improve them. And I kinda agree with that.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Was the blood crystal BoP or did they changed it in the last patch?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's not the time involved, but the ease of acquisition. Feed your artifact enough and you can need a blue mark long before you'd have access to anywhere that one can drop. And the fact that you can get a guaranteed purple mark alone, but have to do group dungeons just to get a chance at blue ones... kinda unbalanced.

I had decent luck getting green marks for artifacts by playing Sword Coast Adventures, which makes me wonder if the higher challenges (I only did difficulty 1 and 2) might include blue marks. This would be great for SCA players, as well as possibly being a further source of them being added to the economy with people selling extras.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Was the blood crystal BoP or did they changed it in the last patch?

Is that the one bought for glory? I thought I checked the shop to make sure it was BoP to be consistent with all other items bought for glory, because if it hadn't been I would have bug-reported it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Is that the one bought for glory? I thought I checked the shop to make sure it was BoP to be consistent with all other items bought for glory, because if it hadn't been I would have bug-reported it.

I thought it was BoE. So it is since introduce BoP?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I am uncertain about if it has been since introduced, but I thought it was when I checked it in the shop. (Not sure about collection tooltips.)

Even if it wasn't always, it should be because all items purchased with glory are intended to be BoP.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I think it's intended, that artifacts require a lot of farming and time spending in order to improve them. And I kinda agree with that.
    "Buy it from another player since you won't find it yourself in a timely fashion" is usually the answer to a later hurdle, not the first one. The hurdles that players need to jump to upgrade their artifacts have been set up oddly. It's particularly odd given the clear path to Greater Marks.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    The Bloodcrystal Raven Skull was always Bind on Pickup because the only way to get it is through the Glory store that forces items sold in it to be Bind on Pickup. Now the item itself has been updated to be Bind on Pickup so that it will display that way in the Collections UI.
  • Options
    dragonladytjedragonladytje Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello ppl i am a n.oob with all this idk what all the letters like AoE etc are but i wanna tell i have on 1 char the Waters of Elah'zad and on another Aurora's Whole Realm Catalogue and i tried on both chars the `key but it doesn't work maybe i do something wrong ? the hp of the char with the waters was very low , i saw ppl telling they use another key but how do you chance that ?
  • Options
    dragonladytjedragonladytje Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    P.S. no answers ??
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The Bloodcrystal Raven Skull was always Bind on Pickup because the only way to get it is through the Glory store that forces items sold in it to be Bind on Pickup. Now the item itself has been updated to be Bind on Pickup so that it will display that way in the Collections UI.

Okay. Because in the Collection list it was classified as an BoE item. That's the reason i wonder about this aspect as i saw it is BoP not BoE.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Artifacts are powerful magic items that will grant you a new power, activated by pressing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Lantern of Revelation destroys the MASTER INFILTRATORS stealth ability in PvP, but does little to nothing to effect the WHISPER KNIFE. Please do not add the reveal hidden targets to this artifact. TR will become useless in PvP. Thanks!

The above is true because most of the skills MI can use in stealth are within the 10 foot visibility range.
    Why would you do this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Introduce a CW-only artifact whose power is similar to Steal Time so that control wizards who don't use Steal Time can still have an useful control power.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Introduce a CW-only artifact whose power is similar to Steal Time so that control wizards who don't use Steal Time can still have an useful control power.

Wow are you still going on about not wanting to use steal time because it goes against your wizards code of ethics? I'm pretty certain they won't make an artifact just so wizards who don't want to be associated with the word 'steal' will be placated .
  • Options
    ipwnu1ipwnu1 Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2013
    The Lantern of Revelation destroys the MASTER INFILTRATORS stealth ability in PvP, but does little to nothing to effect the WHISPER KNIFE. Please do not add the reveal hidden targets to this artifact. TR will become useless in PvP. Thanks!

The above is true because most of the skills MI can use in stealth are within the 10 foot visibility range.
    Why would you do this?

Lantern has a 6 second duration and ur stealth is 10 so yes, let me just slam u with the same thing my friends CW got slammed everytime a cookie cutter build TR 2shotted him: "why don't u l2p?"
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Artifact recovery quest can break completely
    Reached platform #3 of the current incarnation without too much difficulty with a level 60 rogue. Killed the annoying burning skeletons quickly from stealth. Briefly became visible to the big magma brute, which immediately teleported to the previous platform. It wasn't even that it was attacking my companion, since companion is a cat (also stuck on wrong side of barrier for every fight, but at least still providing buffs). Barrier prevents me from pursuing brute. Brute won't come back and fight me. Cannot progress because I haven't defeated the guardians. Abort mission.

Incidentally, anything other than an augment companion is now absolutely useless in this area, since the barrier prevents your companion from following you.

Feedback: Changes to artifact recovery quest have been handled poorly
    Changes to lock the player into each platform battle are terrible implementation. I understand wanting to prevent cheesing it by pushing monsters from the platforms or bridges, but you've really hindered the ability to kite and dodge for ranged classes. And that's barring a situation where the player gets screwed over by the bugginess of it, per above.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    valiadgrvaliadgr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In relation to the campaign daily mini "dungeons" on specific week days that give marks for upgrading the artifacts , could someone please explain me the following?

1)Are the epic marks gained from there standard drops or you just have a chance to get them if you do the mini dungeon?

2)Where do the green/blue marks for upgrading artifacts drop or how are they gained in general? (since they ain't sold at the AD vendor like the enchantment ones)

3)I suppose that the refinement points required to upgrade the artifacts will increase a lot as you level them but in general how fast do you see them getting to legendary status?

Thanks a lot in advance
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    valiadgr wrote: »
    1)Are the epic marks gained from there standard drops or you just have a chance to get them if you do the mini dungeon?

They are standard.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    valiadgr wrote: »
    In relation to the campaign daily mini "dungeons" on specific week days that give marks for upgrading the artifacts , could someone please explain me the following?

2)Where do the green/blue marks for upgrading artifacts drop or how are they gained in general? (since they ain't sold at the AD vendor like the enchantment ones)

3)I suppose that the refinement points required to upgrade the artifacts will increase a lot as you level them but in general how fast do you see them getting to legendary status?

Thanks a lot in advance

1) 5 keys used on a dungeon = 5 GM
    2) From skill nodes(all green M) and arcane coffer(MoP). The bosses in epic ones and the skill nodes there will grant blue marks, but we don't know how the rate will be.
    3) If you can wait i can make a simple RP calculation for Artifacts. Edit: Maybe between 1208800 and 2007808 RP total until R100. But don't tie down me on that.
  • Options
    valiadgrvaliadgr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Maybe between 1208800 and 2007808 RP total until R100. But don't tie down me on that.

Woaaa thats quite a hefty amount of RP :D. I suppose it will take like forever to upgrade 3 artifacts and all your gear with max lvl enchantments. Well I guess least now you can farm for them and use eveything that drops for RP feeling that you "progress" a bit everytime you log in.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rather than refining and upgrading them, i would make the artifacts grow up with the experience you gain, and then be upgraded using reagents.
    I think it would be better to be able to slot your artifacts and then, once slotted, they start to grow up through the experience you gain with quests.
    We already have to farm to upgrade enchants, artifacts should grow up with us with experience.

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    oriyellow8oriyellow8 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    can someone explain more on the upgrading process - is it like companions that u have to use ad or is it only with refine points. please give me also the numbers involved - how many refine point for each lvl - thanxs
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It's refining points, and then marks once you've refined them sufficiently to upgrade. How many points? Quite a lot, ok?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow are you still going on about not wanting to use steal time because it goes against your wizards code of ethics? I'm pretty certain they won't make an artifact just so wizards who don't want to be associated with the word 'steal' will be placated .

Give the man his credit that he's being tenacious with it. And no offense to you, Ianthewizard2012, but with as long as this topic has been up, I'm surprised it's taken that long for you to post this X3.

I was pretty sure, a few months ago, that they wouldn't be making class specific booster items like the artifacts. Then they rolled out the artifacts and left me a bit stunned. So, I can't really rule out, any longer, having the possibility of class specific ones (that would probably be harder than hell to get and/or craft).

That being said, and about the only useful thing I have to contribute to this thread AND stay on topic, I'll leave it alone here.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Feedback: Artifact: Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue: Shopkeeper
    Have a key! No. Have a kit cat! No. Have to sell stuff! Yeah!!!
    I really love the shop assistant! This item is so cool. It offer the great utility to sell and buy. The last words I hear from the shop assistant before he flee from combat: 'ToS(Terms of Service) don't say that i have to fight for you! Only buy and sell stuff. For fighting Im not paid enough!' xD
    So sweet this artifact. (^.^) Very nice work! Great development.

Edit: The 2x are applied to all except RP giving Stones(white Pearl, Peridot, Aquamarine, Saphire which give only 1x of the stated RPs). Matching RP stones for a specific artifact type(Stability/Union/Power) give 5x. So shards that only give 540 get the 2x bonus to give then 1080. ;)
This discussion has been closed.