test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Artifact System

Comments

• Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    ty for answer, but i still dont understand a thing: when that "match" you mentioned occur?
  • Options
    uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    ty for answer, but i still dont understand a thing: when that "match" you mentioned occur?
    Take a look at my explanations I did in my posting about the refinement system for enchantments/runestones.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    Artifacts are equipment. The stats they give work just like the stats given by armor. You can equip/unequip them just as you do any other piece of equipment. The only difference is that the Primary Artifact may not be un-equipped while it is on cooldown. (This may or may not be the case in your current build, but will be in soon).

The third stat for the Emblem of Seldarine (rating_companionstat) will be Companion Influence once we have things straightened out. As several have surmised it increases the stats of your companion.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thanks for the clarification graalx3. Not to derail this conversation but your comment "The only difference is that the Primary Artifact may not be un-equipped while it is on cooldown." Reminded me of a question that is brought up in pvp alot. Is item switching intended? IE wear soulforged wait till it procs then switch to negation or another soulforged, getting another proc before the cooldown? If not, it might be a good idea to lock armor or weapon enchantments in pvp or put a cool down on the effects if they are switched.
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    vteasy wrote: »
    thanks for the clarification graalx3. Not to derail this conversation but your comment "The only difference is that the Primary Artifact may not be un-equipped while it is on cooldown." Reminded me of a question that is brought up in pvp alot. Is item switching intended? IE wear soulforged wait till it procs then switch to negation or another soulforged, getting another proc before the cooldown? If not, it might be a good idea to lock armor or weapon enchantments in pvp or put a cool down on the effects if they are switched.

Just not allowing gear to be switched while any enchants it holds might be in cooldown would be a start.

If they introduce equipment requirements for PvP, locking gear would be essential then.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Bug: Unfortunate effect of UI placement
    I posted a thread here about this, but thought I'd reiterate it here. The lengthening of the character sheet to accommodate artifacts now makes it so that swapping powers is almost impossible on a widescreen monitor. I'd appreciate if you guys could take a look when you get a chance.

I second it! It is very anoying as I had to reduce my screen ui to 85% to be able to change dailies.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Auroa's Whole Realms Catalogue
    Not quite finished making the change over from Amulet of passage. The icon above your head when you activate the power is still the book icon and not the new one that is shown in the collection page. The collection page still lists it as the Amulet of passage. Finally, the shopkeeper throws a water balloon not a "fiery concoction" when you summon him in combat.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    Artifacts
    • Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog: This artifact now binds on pickup.
    • Lantern of Revelation: This artifact now binds on pickup.
    • Waters of Elah'zad: This artifact now binds on pickup.
    • The artifacts rewarded by Artifact Recovery may also now rarely be found in skirmishes and dungeons after Cloak Tower.

So if I decide that I don't like my choice from Artifact Recovery, I'm at the mercy of rare drops? Depending on luck and drop rates, it might be faster to reroll the character and start over from level 1.

If any artifacts should be BoP, it should be the Blood Crystal Raven Skull (Glory), Emblem of the Seldarine (Malabog's Castle) and Shard of Valindra's Crown (Valindra's Tower).
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just realized, there is one thing lacking from artifacts. Lore entries! Is there any chance we could see them get lore entries when we acquire them?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    two30 wrote: »
    If any artifacts should be BoP, it should be the Blood Crystal Raven Skull (Glory)

I believe it is.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I just realized, there is one thing lacking from artifacts. Lore entries! Is there any chance we could see them get lore entries when we acquire them?

Fancy you should mention that. =)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    two30 wrote: »
    So if I decide that I don't like my choice from Artifact Recovery, I'm at the mercy of rare drops? Depending on luck and drop rates, it might be faster to reroll the character and start over from level 1.

If any artifacts should be BoP, it should be the Blood Crystal Raven Skull (Glory), Emblem of the Seldarine (Malabog's Castle) and Shard of Valindra's Crown (Valindra's Tower).

The initial three artifacts are only Bind on Pickup when acquired from the initial quest. When looted from dungeons and skirmishes they are Bind on Equip.

We haven't made the determination on what other Artifacts will be Bind on Pickup, but your list is a good place to start.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The initial three artifacts are only Bind on Pickup when acquired from the initial quest. When looted from dungeons and skirmishes they are Bind on Equip.

We haven't made the determination on what other Artifacts will be Bind on Pickup, but your list is a good place to start.

That's great to hear. Thanks.
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I would like to have the option of a 'dwarven bow', or for those who don't know, throwing axes or throwing hammers. These could be one-off items that we buy and expend, that base damage off your power and strength, or they could be artifacts like Aegis Fang (Wulfgar's hammer, which would return to him when thrown). My GWF is constantly looking for some type of ranged option in those few times when hitting that target at a distance would offer me a slight advantage, but having a full ranged spec isn't necessary.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    sereenawindsereenawind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Finding the marks needed to put together isn't working. I have more enchantments and wards in my inventory now then I did using the 4 to combine to upgrade! I now have MANY more enchantments and wards then I ever had in my inventory as well as other upgrade items because I can't find enough upgrade marks. Number 3's and 4's require a Mark of union?? I have found thus far "1" (ONE)of them and I open every skill box I can. I even purposely look around just for them hoping to get the marks I need because my inventory is so full of 2's,3's and 4's as well as the gems etc I now no longer have any extra room in my inventory for anything else! I am sorry if you don't consider it a bug but I do! it isn't working unless I can get enough marks of power and Union to have some inventory room!
    May the Good Lord keep you always in His Loving Arms
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay tried this again on a 41-Wizzard. Fourth platform where the giant Devil thing (whatever it is) from Helm's Hold appears - the one that's immune to everything... almost had him, but then I got knocked off the platform and died:

BUG:
    1) Campfire does not heal wounds so I was forced to use an injury kit.
    2) When I returned to that platform, it was empty - the Devil and all other encounters were gone. But when I tried to go to the next platform, interacting with the skull told me I must "defeat all guardians to continue" - but there were none.

This is the second time I've tried this quest (my level 20-something wizard could;t have a chance). This one needs a LOT of work. As it is right now - it's not worth it for whatever the reward it. Might as well be solo Dungeon Delve at this point, and that's after the bugs are fixed.

(For all the elitists who love to shout-out "L2P!!!" - screw it. I'm not a min-maxer because I have a LIFE outside the game, hence the game is just that: a game. it's supposed to be *fun*, not "work".)
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This one needs a LOT of work. As it is right now - it's not worth it for whatever the reward it. Might as well be solo Dungeon Delve at this point, and that's after the bugs are fixed.

(For all the elitists who love to shout-out "L2P!!!" - screw it. I'm not a min-maxer because I have a LIFE outside the game, hence the game is just that: a game. it's supposed to be *fun*, not "work".)

The reward is worth it , at least in my personal opinion since it is an artifact but yes this does need a bit of work on it , first time I did it on my Ranger and although I struggled I did manage to get it done ( although that was before the new additional platforms and adds) I have also done it on my lvl 60 CW about a week ago and it is quite a challenge (yes I know I could have repelled the adds off but I don't really play that way , solo at least).
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I did it with my GWF (including a preview bug that current leaves him shorted on 5 paragon feats unless I sit down and respec him completely, which I didn't want to do because questing!). Level 60, completed all his Sharandar boons, and while far from having BiS gear, he's outfitted with a lot of regen for solo play, and therefore nigh-indestructible. While the fights were somewhat chaotic, I wouldn't say they were difficult. The final platforms were in their empty state at the time though.

Platform fights could probably use a look. While they seem balanced for a durable level 60 character with reasonable equipment, the quest becomes available at level 20, and simply having the level scaling on very powerful minibosses and all their adds doesn't necessarily make them beatable. The encounters should be challenging, but not to the point of making people want to give up.

Anyone done it with a solo DC yet?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    arcaelusarcaelus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I think it would be nice to use the treasures you find in skill nodes to upgrade the artifacts not just enchants and the like. To me it would make sense, because when you make powerful items in PnP you add gems and such to help hold the magic in the item. I know there is gems like Topaz but the flawed ones as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jksgsakfsodshgjksgsakfsodshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ...Anyone done it with a solo DC yet?

Yup, atleast if you are talking about the artifact recovery quest.
    Silly easy imho, but I've played it a long time, and I'm quite satisfied with my build :)
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    any news for class one will u be able to finish them for module 2 or we will need to wait for module 3?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The class artifacts will not be released for M2
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The class artifacts will not be released for M2

will we need to wait for them till module 3?or u plan to patch them when done and i frogot to ask how dose this new stats from Artifact work comabat advantge raiting for example 400 there is like 400 to arp,def and other stats ?
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2013

The third stat for the Emblem of Seldarine (rating_companionstat) will be Companion Influence once we have things straightened out. As several have surmised it increases the stats of your companion.

Would this work on passive companions such as stones and the cat? (by the way, new cat bonus is horribad)
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    arcaelus wrote: »

I think it would be nice to use the treasures you find in skill nodes to upgrade the artifacts not just enchants and the like. To me it would make sense, because when you make powerful items in PnP you add gems and such to help hold the magic in the item. I know there is gems like Topaz but the flawed ones as well.

Yup I agree with this. Gives more purpose to those junk treasure items that drop.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Let us choose stat bonuses an artifact gives us. Or offer multiple presets for us to choose from. Take Eye of Lathandar for example, its resurrection effect is nice, but I personally don't want the Life Steal stat it currently has.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The tooltip for the rank 100 Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue indicates that the shop sells Distilled Potions of Major Healing. I don't have a rank 100 Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue so there are some unknowns (particularly price), but this could be trouble.

Currently, Distilled Potions of Major Healing are only available via a rank 19 alchemy task. It creates one potion, takes 30 minutes, and uses expensive ingredients. I doubt many players bother. Introducing a Distilled Potion vendor will make Distilled Potions the norm rather than an outlier. Is this intended?
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Would this work on passive companions such as stones and the cat? (by the way, new cat bonus is horribad)

If Companion Influence is the same as Companion Stat Bonus (why all these different names unless they really are different?), then it only increases the base stats of your pet, including augment pets. It would not affect stats on pets themselves.

I do agree though, this should be clarified, preferably by either using the same name for the stat as in-game if the two stats are the same, or in the tooltip of the actual Artifact.
  • Options
    railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    is there a way to get all three artifacts from the first artifacts quests?
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    railak wrote: »
    is there a way to get all three artifacts from the first artifacts quests?

I believe that one of the devs said that they will be rare drops from dungeons.

Edit - here it is , from page 11 of this thread.
This discussion has been closed.