test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Artifact System

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    matii1509 wrote: »
    Make alt to 21lvl or buy on AH.

Aren't they BoP?
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They are BoE.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ` is a grave accent

~ is a tilde
    (still the same key though)
    ======

I'll uh... add something more constructive once I actually get to this.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    activated by pressing ~

On mine it's X and ~ is bringing up scoreboard.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    krinaman wrote: »
    On mine it's X and ~ is bringing up scoreboard.

Same. Though I rebound it to 7.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had to bind mine to mouse 6. My ` is next to my right shift(60% keyboard).
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    anyone rank these up yet? I can't find a mark of power...
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is it intentional that these work in PvP? As in, when this module goes live, will they work in PvP?
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I received the initial quest to go to the Sage store to learn about artifacts when I completed the Black Dagger Ruins at level 25 or so. Knox sent me to learn about them.

Once I completed the inaugural quest to meet my contact, she offered the quest to go find my first artifact so I accepted it. I returned to Black Dagger Ruins to enter the crypt (which I always knew about and figured was a nice easter-egg instance before this).

I *LOVE* that new instance within an instance or whatever it is. Nicely creepy!

However, at level 25 (Wizard class) - the only way I was able to prevent ending-up at the campfire a lot was to use my push encounter to push these big guys off the ledge by starting combat then running back to the bridge. I managed three platforms, but on that fourth platform one of those darned Devils from Helms Hold showed up out of nowhere(!) and they are immune to pushes and entanglement and the rest. When I say "nowhere" I mean that I never saw him at the platform or anywhere else. I snuck up to the platform, initiated combat, ran back to the bridge to try to survive. When I turned around there he was and basically my heart stopped pretty much right then and there.

There was no way in hell (no pun intended, really) that I was going to survive this fight. I gave up, stood there, let him kill me so I didn't have to run aaaallllll the way back. Then left the crypt and dropped the quest. It felt like I was ten skill levels too low (perhaps not by that far, but it felt like it).

Combat balance definitely needs work there because this Artifacts aspect will be popular, and non-min-maxer (leans toward casual) players won't have a chance. I don't know is he was supposed to be the level boss or not - I never found out.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The two regeneration artifacts is the best thing to happen to less hardcore pvpers since tene nerf announcement made people panic and sell their tenes. It will allow people to easily softcap this powerful stat with just regeneration jewelry, without having to get pvp specific gear. As mentioned before, regeneration has a very steep softcap. From 1200 to 1600, you will be paying 200 points per 1% regeneration, and the sweet spot is about 900-1300 regeneratoin.

This 100%. You nailed it. It also really helps alot of players survivability in pvp since regen stacking can no longer be dont by just a few.

The only thing I would like to see would be faster DR on regen. Right now stacking up to 1500 can be worth it at hardly the loss of any stats due to the artifacts.

I really think that since its easier to get now, and it should be, it should hit more severe dim returns around 1000.... Just my 2 cents though.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One HUGE problem I see with this artifact system: The latern has WAY too low of a CD. At the max level its 20 seconds and completely broken in making other artifacts obsolete.

What I would suggest is that you guys look at doing one of two things:

1) Increase the CD to ATLEAST a minute at the max rank. This would still be the lowest CD making this available more frequent and balanced. I could even see it buffed in duration to 8 seconds.

2) Reduce the damage buff, I would suggest in HALF. 8% Boost in damage, on maybe a 30 second CD.

If you dont address this, EVERYONE will be using the latern....
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Refining
    I don't know if it is intentional or not, but my sigil of Trickster seems to be getting a matching bonus from any enchantment or runestone I throw at it in the refining window.
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    There are 3 types of Marks used in Refining Artifacts, Union, Power and Stability. The type used depends on the artifact and we will be adding this information to the artifact's tooltip.

The artifacts rewarded in the initial quest are also very rare drops from skirmishes and dungeon bosses. These versions will be Bind on Equip.

The change in the default key to activate artifacts didn't make it into the current build but should be in the next one. That's when the key will be '`' not 'X'. Of course you are free to change this key to almost anything that you would prefer.

The current plan is for artifacts to be usable in PvP. We will be watching the feedback for your experiences with artifacts in PvP.

The cooldown on the Lantern was a test to see if having artifacts be usable more often would be a better experience than the current baseline cooldown. It will most likely be returned to the same cooldown as the other artifacts with increased damage to compensate. The damage buff is also something we are looking at.

Artifacts get the matching bonus from all enchantments and runestones by design.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2013
    PvP is already in dire need of a ranking system. Adding further very powerful items and enchantments into the game without a way to separate the haves from the have nots in PvP is going to make things very frustrating for fresh level 60 characters.

I'm all for giving people more options, but every time you add a new set of boons, new powerful enchantments, and now, these really, really powerful artifacts, the gap between veteran players and new players widens ever more, and pitting these 2 groups of players together in PvP leads to more frustration than fun.

In and of itself the artifact system looks very cool. But without ranked PvP, it's a terrible idea to allow these in there. After the next X-Pack, PvP will be dominated by veterans with artifacts, multiple sets of boons, and rank 7+ enchants. There will be no room for newer or lesser geared players to have any fun there. It's not fair to them or the team that gets stuck with them.
  • Options
    heatcliftheatclift Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Bug: Artifact: Amulet of Passage
    When summoned near enemies the shopkeeper runs at the enemies, sword in hand, and stares really hard at them. It might be a bit more hopefully if he attacked as well. Also, I don't know if I don't understand the shop aspect or if isn't working. I'm not seeing any way to sell my stuff to him.

Do to multiple spawns in a fairly small area, this quest can be a bit of a challenge in spots. I enjoyed it, but others might. Also, I would love it if that floating skull became a companion.

+1 To Amulet Of Passage Bug... Shopkeeper like a Old Jaged Dancing Blade
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Has anybody seen a mark of power drop yet? I'm assuming that they drop in epic dungeons but since I have been leveling my Ranger I haven't had a chance to do any epics yet , seen a lot of green marks of potency drop from skill nodes but that's all so far.

Edit - Got a green mark of union as a quest reward in Dread Ring today and got a green mark of stability from a skill node in Gnarlroot caves , still no mark of power though :<
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Sage's Store
    When I enter the sages store I get a message saying companions provide no bonus here (or something to that effect).

If Catalysts are going to be needed all the time on leveling up these things they need to be more readily available. I acquired 2 artifacts and had more than enough resources to burn to level them, but couldn't because I couldn't get the Catalysts to do so. This just made it pointless being able to level them.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I got a purple mark of power in the new mini instance in the dread ring so it looks like the catalyst's may be easier to get than we were all fearing .
    purplemarkofpower_zps3b46212b.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I got a purple mark of power in the new mini instance in the dread ring so it looks like the catalyst's may be easier to get than we were all fearing .
    purplemarkofpower_zps3b46212b.jpg

Yeah, there is a daily bonus on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday where you can get the greater marks needed for artifacts from running certain lairs.

I however didn't get mine. I ran it close to the reset timer for dailies (about an hour after). What time did you run it?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, there is a daily bonus on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday where you can get the greater marks needed for artifacts from running certain lairs.

I however didn't get mine. I ran it close to the reset timer for dailies (about an hour after). What time did you run it?

I didn't know about the bonus , that's great news , I ran it about 10 minutes before I posted the picture so that's about 6.25 PM UK time .
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I didn't know about the bonus , that's great news , I ran it about 10 minutes before I posted the picture so that's about 6.25 PM UK time .

Ok, so after the normal start timer for events. I'm guessing they the daily bonuses and daily quests are on 2 different schedules. That needs to be changed.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok, so after the normal start timer for events. I'm guessing they the daily bonuses and daily quests are on 2 different schedules. That needs to be changed.
    Actually now I come to think of it , I didn't get one on my first run through (where I didn't need a key to open the chest ) but I did on the second run after I bought a key from the merchant , maybe that is a bug?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Actually now I come to think of it , I didn't get one on my first run through (where I didn't need a key to open the chest ) but I did on the second run after I bought a key from the merchant , maybe that is a bug?

Post about it in the campaign thread and let Crush figure it out.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Post about it in the campaign thread and let Crush figure it out.
    It must be a bug , after I read your post I logged back on , bought another key and ran the mini instance again and I got the exact same rewards , looks like if you use a key to open the chest at the end of Dread Spire you get this reward set , I'm guessing what weapon you get differs by class.
    samerewards_zpsa09b7358.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It must be a bug , after I read your post I logged back on , bought another key and ran the mini instance again and I got the exact same rewards , looks like if you use a key to open the chest at the end of Dread Spire you get this reward set , I'm guessing what weapon you get differs by class.
    samerewards_zpsa09b7358.jpg

Seriously though, post it in the Campaign feedback thread as this is about the campaign and not the artifacts.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was thinking about it and why not put a Celestial reward in at 6 points that grants Catalysts?
    I really don't want to play the "hunt around forever trying to get the right catalyst to upgrade my Artifacts and Enchants" game. Even if the Celestial Coin purchase isn't a lot more reliable, it at least makes it relatively accessible.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    horizonshardhorizonshard Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I've been inspecting people to see what all the class specific artifacts do. After seeing almost all of them, I think the rogue artifact is pretty terrible. Giving 5 seconds of pseudo-stealth doesn't really help. Especially since you're brought out of it by attacking at all, and enemy players can still see you. Is this intended to be the final form of the rogue artifact? If so, it will be exceedingly dissappointing. Hopefully the stats make up for the shoddy ability.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I've been inspecting people to see what all the class specific artifacts do. After seeing almost all of them, I think the rogue artifact is pretty terrible. Giving 5 seconds of pseudo-stealth doesn't really help. Especially since you're brought out of it by attacking at all, and enemy players can still see you. Is this intended to be the final form of the rogue artifact? If so, it will be exceedingly dissappointing. Hopefully the stats make up for the shoddy ability.

Wait; so there's class specific artefacts AND these: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?517751-New-Artifacts-Collection-in-Module-2-Shadowmantle ?!?!?!

Can someone please list 'em?!?!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dodgo wrote: »
    Wait; so there's class specific artefacts AND these: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?517751-New-Artifacts-Collection-in-Module-2-Shadowmantle ?!?!?!

Can someone please list 'em?!?!

Yes, the class specific ones aren't listed in the collection system.

From what I have seen:
    TR: Is a weak stealth for 5 seconds, where attacking breaks stealth (but can be reapplied if you stop fighting before the timer wears out)
    GWF: Does AoE damage, and gives you a buff that reduces damage taken and increases your damage output for 8 seconds. The amount varies from 6 to 14% depending on the number of enemies your AoE hits.
    GF: Will block 50% of an incoming attack once a second for 10 seconds
    DC: Fills your AP bar by 40% over 15 seconds and heals you by 437 whenever you use an encounter while the buff is active
    CW: Pushes surrounded enemies away, dealing damage, and places a root on them for 1.5 seconds that does more damage.

The values change as you increase the quality of them.

TRs certainly seem to have gotten the short end of the stick with these.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    CW: Pushes surrounded enemies away, dealing damage, and places a root on them for 1.5 seconds that does more damage.
    That's disappointing. An effect which is generally disliked by party members and is only useful in emergencies.
This discussion has been closed.