What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Artifact System

Comments

• Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    TR artifact effect is a sad joke that everyone including mobs can see through the stealth from 60-55-50-45 ft away (I assume that each tier would reduce the detectable range by 5 ft).

Worse, the lantern artifact can make stealth in general obsoleted with its super short cooldown.

The purpose of this TR artifact is just beyond me.

In my opinion, it should:

Option 1) give a normal stealth with the base duration of 3 seconds and increase by 1 second for each tier.

Option 2) give a 100% movement speed buff like GWF's sprint with the base duration of 2 seconds and increase by 1 second for each tier.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    TR artifact effect is a sad joke that everyone including mobs can see through the stealth from 60-55-50-45 ft away (I assume that each tier would reduce the detectable range by 5 ft).

Worse, the lantern artifact can make stealth in general obsoleted with its super short cooldown.

Let's just clear those two things up.

First only other players can see through the stealth at those range. As long as you don't attack, enemies behave as if you are stealthed normally when using the artifact

Second, a dev already said in this very thread that the cooldown timer for lantern was a test and will likely be changing in the future.

That being said, the TR artifact needs a second look by the devs.
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    That being said, the TR artifact needs a second look by the devs.

The class based artifacts will not be available when Shadowmantle goes live. We'll have time to work on it a bit more.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Yes, the class specific ones aren't listed in the collection system.

From what I have seen:
    TR: Is a weak stealth for 5 seconds, where attacking breaks stealth (but can be reapplied if you stop fighting before the timer wears out)
    GWF: Does AoE damage, and gives you a buff that reduces damage taken and increases your damage output for 8 seconds. The amount varies from 6 to 14% depending on the number of enemies your AoE hits.
    GF: Will block 50% of an incoming attack once a second for 10 seconds
    DC: Fills your AP bar by 40% over 15 seconds and heals you by 437 whenever you use an encounter while the buff is active
    CW: Pushes surrounded enemies away, dealing damage, and places a root on them for 1.5 seconds that does more damage.

The values change as you increase the quality of them.

TRs certainly seem to have gotten the short end of the stick with these.

And how the CD of them all?
    The lantern isn't a really treat against stealth. 15 feet instead of 5 isn't really helpful. If you don't think so you have to explain why.
    The additional damage is the bad thing on it! We don't need more damage done. Isn't it enough with OS TRs?
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The class based artifacts will not be available when Shadowmantle goes live. We'll have time to work on it a bit more.

:/ gwf have good one
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    The lantern isn't a really treat against stealth. 15 feet instead of 5 isn't really helpful. If you don't think so you have to explain why.
    The additional damage is the bad thing on it! We don't need more damage done. Isn't it enough with OS TRs?

3mins for the GF one. Haven't gotten around to porting my DC, CW or TR over yet.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dodgo wrote: »
    Wait; so there's class specific artefacts AND these: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?517751-New-Artifacts-Collection-in-Module-2-Shadowmantle ?!?!?!

Can someone please list 'em?!?!
    Just to add to Dardove's list , here's the HR Artifact
    bluesigil_zps633ad83f.jpg
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

All of them start at 3 minutes. The lantern was the soul exception and graal already said that was a test and will likely be changing.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Just to add to Dardove's list , here's the HR Artifact
    bluesigil_zps633ad83f.jpg

Where did you get that from.
    graalx3 wrote: »

Noooooooooooooooooo.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    can u remove fail chance from Artifact System and why we cant buy marks of power at npc to?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Where did you get that from.

Go to Lord Neverember when you get to level 60 to get the Artifact for your class .
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Unfortunate effect of UI placement
    I posted a thread here about this, but thought I'd reiterate it here. The lengthening of the character sheet to accommodate artifacts now makes it so that swapping powers is almost impossible on a widescreen monitor. I'd appreciate if you guys could take a look when you get a chance.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Plain and simple, this is an awesome item that needs to see more use. Since you can not slot it to a quick key like the Endless Waterskin, it only makes sense that it would become an Artifact. It could be scaled to provide a longer cloak duration, a shorter activation time, and possibly a small deflect buff. Still only makes the player partially visible (instead of completely such as TR stealth), cannot be highlighted/targeted but can be hit by AOE, and cannot be attacked from without completely removing the cloak. Does break NPC threat or Player target lock.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    Plain and simple, this is an awesome item that needs to see more use. Since you can not slot it to a quick key like the Endless Waterskin, it only makes sense that it would become an Artifact. It could be scaled to provide a longer cloak duration, a shorter activation time, and possibly a small deflect buff. Still only makes the player partially visible (instead of completely such as TR stealth), cannot be highlighted/targeted but can be hit by AOE, and cannot be attacked from without completely removing the cloak. Does break NPC threat or Player target lock.

Good idea. I have an idea for another underutilized item (actually completely broken).

Make this item drop again, but this time as an artifact, maybe only on epic. Just keep it with the same general idea that it already has, summoning a blue fire eye. Probably add in some other drops to the boss so it isn't 100% and of course remove the invisible wall that blocks you from getting the second drop needed to get into the secret boss area.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    BUG: Amulet of Passage Shopkeeper offers no discount...listed at 20% but same price as other merchants
  • Options
    thraexisthraexis Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You get Sigil of the Hunter from the Lord Protector. i think
    --
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    thraexis wrote: »
    You get Sigil of the Hunter from the Lord Protector. i think
    --

Lol I answered that 2 days ago and he no longer gives the quest /artifact , they removed it in the patch yesterday.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Amulet of Passage just doesn't fit. A shopkeeper that is summoned with a huge sword that starts attacking enemies. He is like a temp companion. I think you could have brought something better here
  • Options
    newnickunregisterednewnickunregistered Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Artifacts Recovery quest (on GF)
    1st platform - ok
    2nd platform - ok
    3rd platform - problem with shocktroop devil blocking all my aoe attacks from blazing skeletons behind him and I was unable to pass behind him before he died.

Then the next 2 platforms were just empty (is that intended?).
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Artifacts Recovery quest (on GF)
    1st platform - ok
    2nd platform - ok
    3rd platform - problem with shocktroop devil blocking all my aoe attacks from blazing skeletons behind him and I was unable to pass behind him before he died.

I had similar experiences, especially with the last two platforms.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Same here. But the skeletons i push over the platforms. I can't get the class based artifact. The Lord and Knox don't offer any quest for this. I have to say that it's a wonderful instance. Nice place and mechanic. Real good work. =)
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Enemies are being added in a later build.
    Blackdagger Ruins
    Artifact Recovery: A couple more platforms have been added to this quest. (Known issue: Enemy encounters to be added in a later build.)
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?521721-NW-10-20131029a-5-Shadowmantle-Preview-Patch-Notes
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Same here. But the skeletons i push over the platforms. I can't get the class based artifact. The Lord and Knox don't offer any quest for this. I have to say that it's a wonderful instance. Nice place and mechanic. Real good work. =)

The quest was removed. The class based artifacts aren't intended to go live with module 2.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The quest was removed. The class based artifacts aren't intended to go live with module 2.

Why they removed the quest is the question. Not coming with Module 2 doesn't mean that it doesn't needed testing.

Oh have one of you testing the eye of Lathandar?

And what does the Control strength bonus mean of Shard of Valindras Crown?

And what does Rating Companion stat of Emblem of the seldarine? These are confusing description of stats... Because we have own Control bonus or Control Resistance and not Control strength.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Why they removed the quest is the question. Not coming with Module 2 doesn't mean that it doesn't needed testing.

They are probably getting held back until module 3 and could change significantly from now to then.

The Eye of Lathandar is going to take a while to get seeing as how it requires getting an adamantine gauntlet and getting lucky enough to get the eye out of the coffer.

The Rating companion stat is probably the same as the Companion Stat Bonus that charisma provides, but don't have one to test.
  • Options
    sirpattonsirpatton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lord Nevembember don't give me artifact for my class i have only one from quest

edit:
    sorry, i don't read earlier post. I know now :)
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Hello, i can't test by myself, so ask you...

1) I didn't understand if you find ONE artifact, and then you upgrade it, or more than one like enchants and then fuse them.

2) How much time it take to reach max level with an artifact? How many enchants you must burn?

3) When you reach the upgrading point, do you need other things like wards? These are things hard to find? I found this morning my fabled shield in MC after more than 1 month of run and i'm worried about run run run run run run run run for months every time I need one of these things.

4)Artifact can be slotted/unslotted for free or we must pay like for enchantments?

5)How they works related other bonuses/talent? Examples:
    - a) artifacts that give defense, increase also the power if i have high regent set? I meant, the bonus they give are like the bonus of any other gear or it is considered extra?
    - b) power given by artifact will be doubled by Rckeless attack talent?

6) I don't understand what do this bonus: 400 rating_Companionstat

Ty
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah the 3rd platform is a problem. Too many burning skeletons. Counted like 8. they aren't your regular trash mobs that are easy to kill. These take longer to kill and having 2 devils and an erynie and the shock troop devil makes this platform extremely difficult for a lvl 21 character.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    1) It uses the same refining system that enchantments will use. There are a couple differences. There are more ranks (100 in total), but you only need to use catalysts when you go up to another quality, and not every time you rank up. Also on top of using enchantments, runestones, and refining stones to get the refining points you can use other artifacts.

2) No clue

3) I know to go from green to blue, there is a 90% to succeed. So at worst, just need an preservation ward there. Don't know about the upgrading to the other qualities.

4) They go into new equipment slots and can be slotted and unslotted at will.

5) It is a new equipment piece and the stats from them work just like other equipment.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hello, i can't test by myself, so ask you...

1) I didn't understand if you find ONE artifact, and then you upgrade it, or more than one like enchants and then fuse them.

>>You can use all enchants that currently exist to level it. With every level the equipbonusstat rise. Additionally they got from all the matching bonus(2x the RP-value of enchant for example R1 azure = 5 RP normal 10 RP if it's matching like for other azure RP using or simply artifacts).

2) How much time it take to reach max level with an artifact? How many enchants you must burn?

>>So long as you need for all the level. I don't know how much RP one consume total.

3) When you reach the upgrading point, do you need other things like wards? These are things hard to find? I found this morning my fabled shield in MC after more than 1 month of run and i'm worried about run run run run run run run run for months every time I need one of these things.

>>Don't know how the fusing chances are at blue/purple, but for green-->blue it's currently 90% success. The needed catalyst are maybe only different rank marks. They can obtain at some places.

4)Artifact can be slotted/unslotted for free or we must pay like for enchantments?

>>3 Artifact slots below your charview. You can drag and drop like you will without any cost. Only the primary artifact enable the use of it's klick effect. But all enable the use of equipbonusstats.

5)How they works related other bonuses/talent? Examples:
    - a) artifacts that give defense, increase also the power if i have high regent set? I meant, the bonus they give are like the bonus of any other gear or it is considered extra?
    - b) power given by artifact will be doubled by Rckeless attack talent?

>>don't know. But they maybe count as gear, so 200 power from Artifact = 400 power for Con GF.

6) I don't understand what do this bonus: 400 rating_Companionstat

>>This isn't the only one that confuse us. We can only guess what this and other mean.

Ty

Answered your questions. Edit: Yes artifacts count as gear!
This discussion has been closed.