test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sentinel GWF Build - PvE Focus (PvP viable) - Leeroy Jenkins!

Comments

• Options
    illyandreaillyandrea Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Tier 2 Feat he's using is: Armor Specialization (3/3)

Also Leroy can you post your Pet Equipment? Was wondering how it's gear was enchanted.

Now that the Cat has a +125 (200 epix) Deflection Bonus AND the HP on the belt is transfered. Would you recommend a Cat over the Ioun Stone?

Last but not Least. What are the ideal 5 Active Companions to run as a tank?

I'm Currently running:
    Cat
    Galeb Dur [Not sure how it works though? Is it based on your current HP or just taking damage?]
    Black Smith
    Sylph
    (Crappy White Pet)

What would you recommend for the last Active Companion.
    A - Dancing Blade for 3% (5% epic) Crit Sev?
    B - Rust Monster for -15% Damage Taken?
    C - Psuedodragon? [Not sure how much Stam you get but more sprinting is nice.]
    D - Fire Archon? 5% more damage on target <30% HP [Doesn't Help get initial Agro though]
    E - Dire Wolf [Interrupts seem nice, but how good is it rly?]
  • Options
    zuthuulzuthuul Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    illyandrea wrote: »

Also Leroy can you post your Pet Equipment? Was wondering how it's gear was enchanted.

Now that the Cat has a +125 (200 epix) Deflection Bonus AND the HP on the belt is transfered. Would you recommend a Cat over the Ioun Stone?

Last but not Least. What are the ideal 5 Active Companions to run as a tank?

I'm Currently running:
    Cat
    Galeb Dur [Not sure how it works though? Is it based on your current HP or just taking damage?]
    Black Smith
    Sylph
    (Crappy White Pet)

What would you recommend for the last Active Companion.
    A - Dancing Blade for 3% (5% epic) Crit Sev?
    B - Rust Monster for -15% Damage Taken?
    C - Psuedodragon? [Not sure how much Stam you get but more sprinting is nice.]
    D - Fire Archon? 5% more damage on target <30% HP [Doesn't Help get initial Agro though]
    E - Dire Wolf [Interrupts seem nice, but how good is it rly?]

To partially answer your question, I use both the dire wolf and the rust monster. I don't know if I'm just lucky or what, but both seem to proc fairly often and make a good difference in my dps. I spent the day yesterday tanking MC 3/3 and I noticed the rust monster proc and the dire wolf interrupt happen very often and really help out the group play. With solo play, the interrupt is rather nice and makes things go a lot smoother. I would wholeheartedly recommend the dire wolf be an active companion.

Dragon Server

Ragnos Fireborn - 18.7k GWF Half-Elf
    Eva Darkblood - 13.8k TR Elf
    Venger Force of Evil - 13.7k CW Tiefling
    Azaghal Belegost - 16.5k GF Dwarf
    Drak'ar - 13.3k HR Drow
    Roghthar Darkspawn - 11.5k SW Human
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The dire wolf is great, have it on all my toons.
  • Options
    a1shaina1shain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    @kolat

So far I'm 35 atm. At dungeons my DPS rank is 2-4 at most, tho I tank most of the time if there is no GF. But in PvP it was a blast. Even my equips are just trash, I could rush against squishes and smack the hell out of them. Even bein FF, i could survive and run back to my mates.
    57y26sm5ypw8n1y4g.jpg
    What is better? To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Now that the Cat has a +125 (200 epix) Deflection Bonus AND the HP on the belt is transfered. Would you recommend a Cat over the Ioun Stone?]
    Thanks for the catch there, I corrected it!

Also, I don't feel the cat is that good honestly, even with the belt slot.

I currently use, when running through a Dungeon:

Ioun Stone of Allure
    Vicious Direwolf
    Blacksmith
    Sylph
    Galeb Dhur

For bosses, I switch out the Direwolf (as I don't think he can interrupt the Boss), and replace with a Rust Monster. If I am full out tanking a boss, I have my perfect Feytouched in and can lower a bosses damage by 27% (for 10 Seconds) between the Rust Monster/Feytouched combo.

As you can see from our friends above, the Direwolf is pretty snazzy! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    PS - The Enchantments on my Stone are:

2x Empowered Runestone Rank 8
    1x Eldritch Runestone Rank 8

On the items: 1x Rank 8 Dark, and 2x Rank 9 Radiant. All in offensive slots.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    a1shain wrote: »
    @kolat

So far I'm 35 atm. At dungeons my DPS rank is 2-4 at most, tho I tank most of the time if there is no GF. But in PvP it was a blast. Even my equips are just trash, I could rush against squishes and smack the hell out of them. Even bein FF, i could survive and run back to my mates.
    Glad you're having fun!

We do have amazing survivability, and if you need to disengage in PvP you can most definitely get away as we are extremely mobile. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Random update: Being the Mad Scientist that I am...

2uzp8x21.gif

I decided to try a random experiment and test out Perfect Bilethorn instead of my Perfect Vorpal.

I'll let you know how it goes! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    wavecannonwavecannon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Random update: Being the Mad Scientist that I am...

2uzp8x21.gif

I decided to try a random experiment and test out Perfect Bilethorn instead of my Perfect Vorpal.

I'll let you know how it goes! :cool:
    Castle uses the Dremel Pet so he can drill little holes in his targets.
  • Options
    demonicangel318demonicangel318 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What do think about using the Bronzewood weapon enchant for less skilled players?

Not that I'm not capable of doing this rotation, it just feels really botchy and in a game where combat is chunky and meaty as is, it just doesn't flow at all and is unappealing to me since you have to repeatedly mark things.
    Felix Greentrack -- Halfling HR
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    What do think about using the Bronzewood weapon enchant for less skilled players?

Not that I'm not capable of doing this rotation, it just feels really botchy and in a game where combat is chunky and meaty as is, it just doesn't flow at all and is unappealing to me since you have to repeatedly mark things.
    I've run Perfect Bronzewood before and I liked it. It's definitely not a bad enchantment to have, as with that and your Con modifier you may not have to slot ArmPen enchantments/items at all. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    xwanguuxwanguu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the catch there, I corrected it!

Also, I don't feel the cat is that good honestly, even with the belt slot.

I currently use, when running through a Dungeon:

Ioun Stone of Allure
    Vicious Direwolf
    Blacksmith
    Sylph
    Galeb Dhur

For bosses, I switch out the Direwolf (as I don't think he can interrupt the Boss), and replace with a Rust Monster. If I am full out tanking a boss, I have my perfect Feytouched in and can lower a bosses damage by 27% (for 10 Seconds) between the Rust Monster/Feytouched combo.

As you can see from our friends above, the Direwolf is pretty snazzy! ;)

Hi can you explain how the P.Feytouch works?
    And is it better than a P.Terror?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    xwanguu wrote: »
    Hi can you explain how the P.Feytouch works?
    Hello!

When you hit a baddie with an encounter power, they glow slightly pink and they lose 12% of their damage capabilities, and that 12% is transferred to you, increasing your own damage for 12% for that timeframe. A baddie can only be hit once every 20 seconds with this effect.
    xwanguu wrote: »
    And is it better than a P.Terror?
    DPS wise? No.

Utility for a part wise? Yes.

Hope those answers help! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    zuthuulzuthuul Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey Kolat,

I finally obtained a greater (working on perfect) briartwine. Dear lord it adds to my dps. I have to say, I don't think I'll ever swap it out. How much are you liking the bilethorn enchant? Is it worth the time and effort to get one and use it over say a Perf. Feytouched, Terror or GPF? Thanks, buddy.

Dragon Server

Ragnos Fireborn - 18.7k GWF Half-Elf
    Eva Darkblood - 13.8k TR Elf
    Venger Force of Evil - 13.7k CW Tiefling
    Azaghal Belegost - 16.5k GF Dwarf
    Drak'ar - 13.3k HR Drow
    Roghthar Darkspawn - 11.5k SW Human
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    zuthuul wrote: »
    Hey Kolat,

I finally obtained a greater (working on perfect) briartwine. Dear lord it adds to my dps. I have to say, I don't think I'll ever swap it out. How much are you liking the bilethorn enchant? Is it worth the time and effort to get one and use it over say a Perf. Feytouched, Terror or GPF? Thanks, buddy.
    Glad you are enjoying it bud! I like it for 90-95% of the PvE... Some bosses like VT you probably should use a Soulforged instead, just in case, but it's not 100% necessary if your a Sentinel. If you're Destro/Instigator then you definitely need/want Soulforged for Valindra or Draco fights...

As for Enchantments, I feel for DPS Vorpal is just the best, hands down. However, Bilethorn has been very good (particularly at holding Aggro, though not sure if it's the DoT or damage type, but things seem to REALLY hate me! lol). It needs more testing of course, but I love the visuals...

GPF is better for helping the party overall, but can be lame if someone else has one. Terror is solid, but I feel a Feytouched would be better on a Sentinel as that also helps the party.

So, as usual, I would say... Play what you want/like best. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just want to say that I'm enjoying this build enormously on my sentinel, and that it works very well even on a fresh 60 equipped in a mix of cheap AH and solo campaign epics with fairly piddly enchantments. I'm not at all hesitant to take her into dungeons to get her properly equipped now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    demonicangel318demonicangel318 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've run Perfect Bronzewood before and I liked it. It's definitely not a bad enchantment to have, as with that and your Con modifier you may not have to slot ArmPen enchantments/items at all. :cool:

Thanks for the answer! It's definitely something I'll consider then, especially since Bronzewood seems to be relatively cheap and a lot of GWF doesn't seem to have ArPen on it.
    Felix Greentrack -- Halfling HR
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I just want to say that I'm enjoying this build enormously on my sentinel, and that it works very well even on a fresh 60 equipped in a mix of cheap AH and solo campaign epics with fairly piddly enchantments. I'm not at all hesitant to take her into dungeons to get her properly equipped now.
    Happy to be of service! If you have any questions feel free to ask... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the answer! It's definitely something I'll consider then, especially since Bronzewood seems to be relatively cheap and a lot of GWF doesn't seem to have ArPen on it.
    Yea, the Bronzewood will also help in PvP to overcome other GFs/GWFs Defense, so there is that also... :)

Glad to be of service!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    darkdankdarkdank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the o Face OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    darkdank wrote: »
    the o Face OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    That's one quality post right there... ;)

Welcome to my thread Osiris!

PS --- Yes I know this fool! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Something I just made, that summarizes my love of GWFs...

Y8QxOPh.png
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    monteshaomonteshao Member Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
    kolatmaster

Hi LEEROY ! Just want to say thank you for your guid ! It's really awesome ! I from Russia and i use your guid in Russian Version Neverwinter and i almost best Berserker in game ! Thank you very much !
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    monteshao wrote: »
    kolatmaster

Hi LEEROY ! Just want to say thank you for your guid ! It's really awesome ! I from Russia and i use your guid in Russian Version Neverwinter and i almost best Berserker in game ! Thank you very much !
    From Russia with love!

I'm pleased to see that you are enjoying the build my friend, if you have any comments/constructive criticism let me know!

Keep kicking butt and good luck against that Berserker on your next go around! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    illyandreaillyandrea Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey Kolo,

Since your build has been updated and tweeked a few times I wanted to confirm with you what Runes you're running.

Based on the info you gave in your previous posts I think you are running the following.

Helm / Arm / Feet -- Utility -- Dark
    Armor -- Defense -- Silvery
    Main Hand / Off Hand -- Offense -- Radiant
    Neck -- Offense -- Radiant
    Ring (2) -- Offense -- Dark
    Waist -- Defense -- Azure
    Shirt -- Offense -- Radiant
    Pants -- Defense -- Azure

Pet (Ioun Stone)
    RUNES: Eldritch x 1 (Defense), Empowered x 2 (Offense)
    Ring: Offense - Radiant
    Neck: Offense - Radiant
    Icon: Offense - Radiant

TOTAL: Dark (5) / Silvery (1) / Azure (2) / Radiant (7)

Does this seem correct? I think your ring slots are Defensive though.

Personally I run a Kitty Cat...so I'm using a Belt Slot over the Icon and I'm stuck with a Defensive Slot, so I'm Running 1 or 2 Offensive Slot rings to make up for it, where as I believe you run 2x Defensive Ones (Ancient Burning Priest Rings).

Also I believe the stat totals on belts are the same and Off Hands right? So besides running a T2.5 Offhand you basically end up with the same amount of stats, just not necessarily in the same places. (Likely bonus HP on the belt).

Let me know if you've changed anything or if I'm mistaken.
  • Options
    wikkedjjwikkedjj Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey Kolat,
    What do you like best as the tier 4 thayan boon? I'm leaning more towards the heal with the pve focus of the build...seems like the necrotic damage would be more useful in pvp with the heal debuff. But you never know, other people have other ways of looking at things, so just looking for a little input before choosing!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hey Kolo,

Since your build has been updated and tweeked a few times I wanted to confirm with you what Runes you're running.

Based on the info you gave in your previous posts I think you are running the following.

Ring (2) -- Defense -- Dark

Pet (Ioun Stone)
    Ring: Offense - Dark

TOTAL: Dark (6) / Silvery (1) / Azure (2) / Radiant (6)

Does this seem correct? I think your ring slots are Defensive though.

Personally I run a Kitty Cat...so I'm using a Belt Slot over the Icon and I'm stuck with a Defensive Slot, so I'm Running 1 or 2 Offensive Slot rings to make up for it, where as I believe you run 2x Defensive Ones (Ancient Burning Priest Rings).

Also I believe the stat totals on belts are the same and Off Hands right? So besides running a T2.5 Offhand you basically end up with the same amount of stats, just not necessarily in the same places. (Likely bonus HP on the belt).

Let me know if you've changed anything or if I'm mistaken.
    Hey there mi amigo!

Here is what I have, there are some differences (Def versus Off, etc.)

Ring (2) -- Defense -- Dark

Pet (Ioun Stone)
    Ring: Offense - Dark
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    aselia669aselia669 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice Guide kolatmaster, got a question which weapon enchant do you think is better for making myself an aggro magnet, Greater Plaguefire or Perfect Vorpal? I've been using Perfect Vorpal for my GWF, was wondering if using Plaguefire has any difference if I want to take the heat off someone.
  • Options
    kaktyc7kaktyc7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ring (2) -- Offense -- Dark
    You have new rings? Couse Ancient Priest's Rings have Deff slot.
  • Options
    kirillka1kirillka1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello, respected Leeroy.
    Me with difficulty given translation with English on Russian.
    Therefore, I ask show screenshots skills.
    I shall be very, very grateful to you.