test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sentinel GWF Build - PvE Focus (PvP viable) - Leeroy Jenkins!

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    spikefrspikefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have follow your build and i wonder why not up "Unstopable Recovery" to survive longer when DC is not around ?

Without your sets and other things of the final build, i don't hold a lot in pve, pvp and i do average damage in both... and i don't find myself useful at all.

Could you make a post with all the data added since the update ?
    (powers, enchants, boons, pets update, etc)

Thank you.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mangonel01 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say I liked this spec, due to gearing I switched back to a destroyer spec (did not have AoW gear) but I plan on switching back to something like this for module 3. Have you had a chance to look at your Sentinel and Destroyer specs on the test server with the changes to destroyer? I'm curious if the dps loss going to Sentinel is not so bad now compared to the destroyer spec.
    The DPS loss to the Sentinel will be a petty big blow... However, if you stack Power and use AoW I believe it will still be viable, however over all Destroyer (with the current changes on the Test Shard) will be the better spec hands down. However, in the Heroic Encounters Destroyer's can get creamed by Black Ice damage as it ignores resistances and Sentinels may be more helpful and much more survivable. This will be particularly noticeable for the higher end HE's. :)
    mangonel01 wrote: »
    Thanks again for a fun and great build!
    Your welcome bud!

spikefr wrote: »
    I have follow your build and i wonder why not up "Unstopable Recovery" to survive longer when DC is not around ?
    Hey bud!

The reason for no Unstoppable Recovery is because you don't need it. Those Feat points are better off spent on increasing DPS. :)
    Without your sets and other things of the final build, i don't hold a lot in pve, pvp and i do average damage in both... and i don't find myself useful at all.

Could you make a post with all the data added since the update ?
    (powers, enchants, boons, pets update, etc)
    Sentinels post Mod 3 will be in a rough spot honestly, but the build is still viable. You can survive where others cannot, and are an insurance policy against a party wipe. They do need some love though!
    Thank you.
    You're welcome!

zjesminz wrote: »
    It's been almost a year I didn't play this game.
    Welcome back! Mod 3 looks to be absolutely awesome! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've been using your build with great success for so long now, Mod 3 intends to ruin it. Not even sure what to do now.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I've been using your build with great success for so long now, Mod 3 intends to ruin it. Not even sure what to do now.
    Well the build is hurt, that's for sure... However the survivability in the Heroic Encounters in Icewind Dale should be of use.

It will require work, but I'll see what I can cook up. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    prisoner46664prisoner46664 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Everyone hated Sentinels that the devs decided to nerf the build pretty badly. :((((((
  • Options
    tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Everyone hated Sentinels that the devs decided to nerf the build pretty badly. :((((((

I used it in PvP last night and really its still darn good. You can still take a good beating and i have noticed DPS loss but so bad that i am willing to go a new spec which will make me a glass canon.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Classes go through highs and lows, and right now I feel GWF is in a solid place. Not great, but I wouldn't classify it as bad.

tybrus8 wrote: »
    I used it in PvP last night and really its still darn good. You can still take a good beating and i have noticed DPS loss but so bad that i am willing to go a new spec which will make me a glass canon.
    Sentinel's are still solid in PvP as point holders, particularly 1v1. When you get to 2v1/3v1 things can get interesting... Sometimes ejecting and trying to grab a pot is worth it and sometimes you gotta stick around until you die to buy your team some time.

We aren't as good as before Mod3, that's for sure!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Hey Kola whats up!!

Anyway,
    With the new changes to power, is that now are go to stat? And if so where do we cap it? I am still still running a sent for PvE PvP . Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hey Kola whats up!!/QUOTE]
    Hey there bud!

Anyway,
    With the new changes to power, is that now are go to stat? And if so where do we cap it? I am still still running a sent for PvE PvP . Thanks!
    Once you hit your 24% ArmPen stat I would pump Power to the max. Simple as that for PvE! :)

For PvP Deflection is a great thing to increase, particularly if you have the final Sharandar boon Fey Thistle.

Hope that helps and bit, and you're welcome! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    wikkedjrwikkedjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey Kolat, I've still been running this build, since it's by far my best geared character and I don't get much time to play so gearing up a new toon and doing all the campaigns is something I don't feel I can pull off without getting bored and flustered. Will you be updating this spec for mod 4? Even a slight bit of insight would be beneficial. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]